Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
also I think it's on crooked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
hmmm yea i'm not sure I like it in HD...

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

looks rad, buying

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Poopernickel posted:

kind of looks like a vagina with poison oak

I'm p.surprised the makeup holds up under hi-def. Usually stuff shot for SD looks terrible under hi-def

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
it holds up

do you hear me

it holds up

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Amethyst posted:

I'm p.surprised the makeup holds up under hi-def. Usually stuff shot for SD looks terrible under hi-def

tbf it'd be hard to gently caress that up literally 85% of his head is covered there

its a worf helmet really

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

amf5 posted:

tbf it'd be hard to gently caress that up literally 85% of his head is covered there

its a worf helmet really

things like the blending makeup around his eyes and ears are easy to gently caress up in the transition to hi def. See: babylon 5 production stills

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

looks fine to me and itll probably look better in motion anyway

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Amethyst posted:

eh, they probably overbuilt a bunch of stuff under the assumption that the director might unpredictably decide to do a close-up or something

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

toby posted:

what are chances netflix updates to high-def versions after they are released? one in a million, or zero in a million?

the remaster will probs make their money back on contracts for syndication that are negotiated separate from the SD shows.

It'll happen but not for a long time on netflix, unless they are really intent on cannibalizing their BD sales (they are not).

honkwins
Jun 24, 2011

a high-protein meat alternative

let me just respond to these week old posts here

Kirk posted:

might play ST:O this weekend

law abiding rapist posted:

do it, it owns. every single bit of technobabble bullshit they say in battle on the show is turned into a button that does something + it actually works well

it also helps to be high as giraffe balls while you play

it's not a good MMO (all the main storyline stuff is incredibly streamlined and there isn't much in the way of sidequests other than user-created content) but it's decent as a single-player game with some multi-player elements

Kirk posted:

if you want to see brent spiner really give it the ol' college try, watch masks

the episode is terrible as is his part and acting but drat if he didn't try

i remember hearing him talk about the filming of that ep, not only was the production an utter gong show but the other cast members were making fun of him behind camera while shooting and he was getting real mad

Ronald D. Moore recalled, "I remember seeing the initial story and saying, 'Jesus, what is this?'

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

sticky wizard posted:

also saw john carpenters 'prince of darkness' which was pretty cool

i saw alice cooper in the opening credits and groaned but he was actually pretty good

"I've got a message for you, and you're not going to like it. Pray for death."

*is devoured by beetles*

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm

Q's veiny black boner chair

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I wonder how often prop/effects guys try to slip in dick-shaped objects into movies and TV shows without anybody noticing.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Amethyst posted:

things like the blending makeup around his eyes and ears are easy to gently caress up in the transition to hi def. See: babylon 5 production stills

keep in mind though that poo poo was created for movies cause the original klingon makeup was basically blackface and a few pieces of felt

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

golgo13sf posted:

I wonder how often prop/effects guys try to slip in dick-shaped objects into movies and TV shows without anybody noticing.

Like I would be trying all the drat time.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

tmesis posted:

Q's veiny black boner chair

Thousands of slashfic authors crying out at the sight of many things in plain sight they could have written about.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

golgo13sf posted:

...you did watch disney movies while growing up, right?

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
YOSPOS Sci-Fi

LP97S fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 20, 2012

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

pseudorandom name posted:

I think the best thing about The Algebraist is that the Dwellers are basically the good version of the Affront.

I see what you mean by this now, and it is awesome

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

reason #32414 to watch farscape

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Some goon made a bunch of comparison gifs about the Next Gen Blu-Rays.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

:swoon:

the only bluray player i have is in my craptop but i will rectify this

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
I'm currently watching an episode of voyager and it's so loving terrible. Tuvok got taken over but the day got saved cause chakote used his spirit injun power while technically braindead to take over key crew members and then used his injun healing wheel to plot a course out of a nebula. A 2d loving course.

This show loving sucks a lot of dick goddamn

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
I'm currently watching an episode of voyager and it's so loving terrible. Tuvok got taken over but the day got saved cause chakote used his spirit injun power while technically braindead to take over key crew members and then used his injun healing wheel to plot a course out of a nebula. A 2d loving course.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
gently caress I posted twice but whatever this show deserves double the criticism

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
sup late night posting homie, i too agree that his super indian powers were retarded

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
the show on the whole seemed fine

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

the show on the whole seemed fine

no, the whole show was bad

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

voyager was watchable when it came out because i was young and stupider

voyager fans that weren't kids when this poo poo started airing have no excuse

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

ahmeni posted:

a post so true he made it deux

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

NINbuntu 64 posted:

no, the whole show was bad

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Hello computer, would you mind turning the holodeck into a rootkit that will take over control over the Enterprise so Data and I can play Sherlock Holmes?

TIA

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Enterprise come in! Enterprise come in!

We are in grave danger so s͖̞̼ͧ̒̓̽̽͐͊ȏ̷̝͗ ̢͉̀ͮ͌̿I̯ͦ͞'̹̬̞̻̟͍̱ͣ̀ͦ̏͌ͬ͗͟m̤̑̾ ̟̠̹͖ͥ͌ṣ̟̰̋̌̓͗ͫͪ̕e̒̆ͨ̒̀̄n͇̗͍͚̰ͣ̓̽̀͋ͩ̔ď̖̹͓̜̹̒̾̉ͨ͞í̩͎̮ͨ͝ń͎̥̜̰̘̰͓̀g̟͇̣̬͖̼ͣ̐̏̋̔ͬͧͅ ̬͓̗͙͉̣̐̆ͥt͕ͩͮ͒̒̅͘h̙͔́ͥ͋ͩ͒́i͕̗̩̎͗́s̗̬̩̗͓̦̈́̓͋̑͗ ̦̘͉̞̺̫̣͛̉̈́̐d̺̓istress call that all our liv̘̮̣͖̩̞͉̆͌̒̂̇̽̒e̟͍̟ͮ̉̊s͕̄̓ ̰̳̤̕d̻̯̣̠ͣ́e͙͙͔͊̍ṗ̷̬̝̩̤̟̓ͯͤ̈̊ͨe̗̻̳̱̠̟ͥn̵̰̖̥͇̮͖ͣd̅ͬ ̹̹͉͖̼͎͔͋̉̐͌̇͜u̮̗̅̆̑͗p̨͉͓̪͓͈̐on as a garbled voice messa̗̥ͦḡ̭̋ͤͮ̒̄e̩ ̰̞̯ͣͨ̄ͦ̽i̘̯̝̤͉̳̤̽ͧͭͭͣn̡͈ͪͭs̸͉͇̼͎͙͉̺ͧ̽ͣͥ̏ͫ̈́t͈̫ͬ̎ͣ͌ͪͪ̽͘ead of sending a loving text.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

axolotl farmer posted:

Enterprise come in! Enterprise come in!

We are in grave danger so s͖̞̼ͧ̒̓̽̽͐͊ȏ̷̝͗ ̢͉̀ͮ͌̿I̯ͦ͞'̹̬̞̻̟͍̱ͣ̀ͦ̏͌ͬ͗͟m̤̑̾ ̟̠̹͖ͥ͌ṣ̟̰̋̌̓͗ͫͪ̕e̒̆ͨ̒̀̄n͇̗͍͚̰ͣ̓̽̀͋ͩ̔ď̖̹͓̜̹̒̾̉ͨ͞í̩͎̮ͨ͝ń͎̥̜̰̘̰͓̀g̟͇̣̬͖̼ͣ̐̏̋̔ͬͧͅ ̬͓̗͙͉̣̐̆ͥt͕ͩͮ͒̒̅͘h̙͔́ͥ͋ͩ͒́i͕̗̩̎͗́s̗̬̩̗͓̦̈́̓͋̑͗ ̦̘͉̞̺̫̣͛̉̈́̐d̺̓istress call that all our liv̘̮̣͖̩̞͉̆͌̒̂̇̽̒e̟͍̟ͮ̉̊s͕̄̓ ̰̳̤̕d̻̯̣̠ͣ́e͙͙͔͊̍ṗ̷̬̝̩̤̟̓ͯͤ̈̊ͨe̗̻̳̱̠̟ͥn̵̰̖̥͇̮͖ͣd̅ͬ ̹̹͉͖̼͎͔͋̉̐͌̇͜u̮̗̅̆̑͗p̨͉͓̪͓͈̐on as a garbled voice messa̗̥ͦḡ̭̋ͤͮ̒̄e̩ ̰̞̯ͣͨ̄ͦ̽i̘̯̝̤͉̳̤̽ͧͭͭͣn̡͈ͪͭs̸͉͇̼͎͙͉̺ͧ̽ͣͥ̏ͫ̈́t͈̫ͬ̎ͣ͌ͪͪ̽͘ead of sending a loving text.
*bullshit about whether the enterprise groks whatever space-ASCII the others are using while an audio waveform is obviously easier to pipe into the universal translator*

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I'd like to see a garbled Star Trek transmission have macroblock errors instead of static for once.

Or maybe perfect voice and video with a little "This reconstruction has a 83% probability of being correct." at the bottom.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
ugh god dont encourage him

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i was just thinking "hey i havent looked in the tviv star trek thread in a while and while typically horrible its sometimes amusing"

then blam 20 lovely 3mb gifs crash mobilesafari

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

ChiralCondensate posted:

*bullshit about whether the enterprise groks whatever space-ASCII the others are using while an audio waveform is obviously easier to pipe into the universal translator*

*something something cant transmit digital in subspace only analog*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

pseudorandom name posted:

Or maybe perfect voice and video with a little "This reconstruction has a 83% probability of being correct." at the bottom.

i like this idea.

• Locked thread