Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

earwax enthusiast
May 10, 2010
It snowed all day yesterday and this morning everything looked amazing :swoon:

Also, my local new moms group started meeting again after the holiday break and all the babbies had grown like crazy :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
I discovered a 24 hour donut place near where I have to wait for my bus. They let me wait in there where it's warm and have delicious, fresh donuts.

The bus route itself is miserable. Two guys almost fell on me because of the lovely driver, but it started a conversation between me and the cute girl I was sitting next to that ended in a phone number.

A younger guy in the next row gawked and asked how the hell I managed to get her number so smoothly :kamina:

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
After 17 years working for the same company on night-shift I finally got off my lazy rear end and started looking for a new job.

Today, the first job I applied for offered me a job on 10k more than im getting now plus benefits working Monday to Friday 8am till 4pm.

You could say that counts as loving awesome news. Just pisses me off that I didn't do it sooner.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

earwax enthusiast posted:

It snowed all day yesterday and this morning everything looked amazing :swoon:

Also, my local new moms group started meeting again after the holiday break and all the babbies had grown like crazy :3:
These are beautiful!

Jan 18 2012
- promoted a backup admin, and he did some work for me overnight while I was sleeping! I like having a backup admin. :)
- Today's the first day of my Western Traditions before 1400 class. gently caress yeah, Middle Ages.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Reasons today was awesome:

-I found $12 in the ash tray of my car, I have absolutely no recollection of putting it there, so I can only assume it was a ghost.
-I bought my eye drops, so now my eyes aren't burning.
-For the first time in my life, I voluntarily ran an entire mile, and wasn't about to die by the end of it! It was 10 minutes, but I'm hoping to get faster, and go for longer.
-I had a decent, healthy breakfast, and a good sandwich for lunch.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I just found out Billy Bragg and Wilco did an album together a while ago. So awesome.

Two albums, both of unreleased Woody Guthrie songs. Mermaid Avenue 1 & 2.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Jan 18 2012
- first day of my Western Traditions before 1400 class, and it's shaping up to be interesting! I'm disappointed by the lack of oral societies on the syllabus, but that is to be expected.

Not sure how I should feel about "having writing" being part of the definition of a civilization. Somehow, it feels very limiting.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

For some reason I was able to buy a bunch of stuff at the dollar store without paying sales tax. Was there some sort of no-tax day or something? Either way, awesome.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I only had a class, plus my best friend gave me half a delicious hamburger. Now I have lots of free time I don't know what to do with!

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
http://www.liveguide.com.au/Tours/716315/Hoodoo_Gurus_The_Sonics_The_5_6_7_8_s/Dig_It_Up_The_Hoodoo_Gurus_Invitational#details - gig of the year just got announced. Hoodoo Gurus, The Sonics, The 5.6.7.8’s, Died Pretty, Red Kross, Tek and Younger, The Fleshtones, Hard-Ons, Belles Will Ring, Royal Headache, The Lovetones and The Straight Arrows all playing in Sydney.

and the Mountain Goats just announced a new Australian tour!

Count Chocula has a new favorite as of 00:35 on Jan 19, 2012

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
My dad had a stroke three nights ago. Today he's able to wiggle his feet, roll over on his side without help, and he can almost sit up a little.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Lady of the Beech posted:

Jan 18 2012
- first day of my Western Traditions before 1400 class, and it's shaping up to be interesting! I'm disappointed by the lack of oral societies on the syllabus, but that is to be expected.

Not sure how I should feel about "having writing" being part of the definition of a civilization. Somehow, it feels very limiting.

It's not a great definition, but for a lower level class it's fine, especially if it's only covering Western civilizations.

As for me, I'm making good progress in the game I'm playing and I think I might start going steady with the girl I've had a few dates with recently.

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?

Count Chocula posted:

http://www.liveguide.com.au/Tours/716315/Hoodoo_Gurus_The_Sonics_The_5_6_7_8_s/Dig_It_Up_The_Hoodoo_Gurus_Invitational#details - gig of the year just got announced. Hoodoo Gurus, The Sonics, The 5.6.7.8’s, Died Pretty, Red Kross, Tek and Younger, The Fleshtones, Hard-Ons, Belles Will Ring, Royal Headache, The Lovetones and The Straight Arrows all playing in Sydney.

and the Mountain Goats just announced a new Australian tour!

I want to go!!!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I don't want to go into too much e/n detail, but my day was awesome because I had a "moment of clarity" about my life that I think is going to make me a lot happier in the future. And maybe to celebrate that, I'll go run a mile or three!

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Jan 19 2012
- I found some nice archeology papers and internet resources that allowed me to improve my Beowulf map. I feel like I'm actually researching things again!

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
We finally got final artwork for a project that's been in standby for months because the graphic designer wasn't getting us the final artwork. This is great, because we can finally start building.

What actually made my day? The artwork, delayed for months and months, is REALLY loving amateur looking and terrible, and looks like she slapped it together over the weekend. :laugh:

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
The facilities guy came and fixed my desk so it is no longer making that infernal squeaking! I can feel my sanity slowly returning. He also went above and beyond by removing the stupid keyboard tray that bugs me.

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
This was from Wednesday: Got the custom commission garmet done and handed off to the customer, and he was HAPPY with the quality and the fit and everything!!! EEEEEE!!! It's my first custom order that I've done in three years because the migraines and vertigo were totally knocking me on my rear end, and having the energy to actually do this kind of project feels astounding.

Tonight was the first meeting of the Madsion Retro-Futurists Guild at Sector 67, and we had a fabulous time! S67 is this amazing maker space where they have a crapton of tools, lathes, pressure injection stuff, a huuuuge map/plot printer... astounding stuff. Things I wanted to learn to use when I was younger, and now I get to actually MAKE COOL STUFF. :D

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Started learning how to swim like a proper person today, and found out I get to attempt to make obsidian arrowheads in my archaeology lab.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Today could have been hell at work - raining, floor of building getting torn up, short-staffed, office-wide meeting - but so far it has been very manageable. It's even kinda nice to have to answer a phone call and put off the more annoying long-term projects that can always wait another day.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Jan 20 2012
- Today is awesome because I donated blood and entertained at an elderly folk's home. :)

combee
Nov 17, 2007

it's the combee's knees!

combee has a new favorite as of 13:43 on Jul 23, 2013

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

Just got back from a trivia night competition to benefit a local academic charity, where my team took first by a wide margin. Sweet!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Was laid off a week ago, and it looks like I won't have a chance to cash in on any unemployment benefits.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I saw a band I've been waiting to see for years and went home with a really adorable girl. :3:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Got my first credit report today in preparation for renting a house, and it turns out I have amazing credit! :dance: I also bought a bangin' suit and necklace for job interviews.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Jan 21 2012
That day was awesome because finally some actual snow.

Jan 22 2012
Today is awesome because I finally read Eye of Argon for the first time in my life. It's the most amazing work of fiction I have ever read.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

One of the radio stations played Led Zeppelin's Going to California this afternoon. I haven't thought about that song in years, much less heard it.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Jan 23 2012
That day was awesome because I learned a poo poo ton about the Egyptians. Egyptians were awesome, man.
I also started a little tumblr for myself.
And I also understand how the gently caress mead halls are set up on the inside.

Jan 24 2012
Today is awesome because I got to talk to my grandma today. :)

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I got light-blocking shades installed in my room.

Getting up tomorrow is going to be a bitch, but it's totally worth it for pitch-dark daytime naps and sleeping in on weekends (curse you east-facing windows!)

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
The past few days have been pretty awesome just because of how productive I've been :) With how busy life has been, I've been accumulating a long list of things that need to get done. I managed to knock out stuff that's been on the list for a couple of months plus do laundry, prepare a monthly finance budget and get a tracker app set-up on my phone to help me adhere to that, prepare my lunches for the week (healthy ones!) and even do all my homework assignments for a class I'm taking almost a week before they are due.

It feels pretty nice being able to check off a significant chunk of my to do list. Definitely eases up on the stress a bit.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Phone screen for a nicer, closer, more flexible job than I currently have. I was nervous as hell for a bit but I nailed it. It's just a question now of how I stack up to the other candidates. Weeee!

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I'd been planning a large network change for one of our clients for the last couple of weeks and today we put it into action. There were minimal hiccups and those that arose I managed to deal with quickly. I'm really pleased about how this is going to make things easier in the future and I'm really proud that the first big network change I was solely responsible for went well.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Jan 25 2012
- Today my day is awesome because I may have successfully convinced a suicidal person to contact a suicide hotline. I hope it all works out well.

RebBrownies
Aug 16, 2011

Today is my Dad's birthday, and although I'm not with him the Christopher Hitchins book I ordered for him got to him in time! :)

Also I'm going to try to stop fixating on certain things. Try to get my mind off and away and move on. Let's hope it works out.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Nothing hurts. Not my back or my hip or anything. Today is the first day since the end of October that I can honestly say I'm feeling good physically.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Jan 26 2012
Today, my day was awesome because I had a nice big free lunch and my first chem lab. I also woke up early and not tired this morning, which is awesome!

After drawing with a pen at a small scale, I made the realization that no, I cannot illustrate my comic at print size, I will have to work at a much larger size after all. This unfortunately means I have to buy larger, better paper and can no longer rely on 8 1/2 x 11 printer paper, but I'm glad I came to a realization on something about the technical aspects of my comic at last.

Lady of the Beech has a new favorite as of 02:59 on Jan 27, 2012

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
I got my W2s in the mail the same day the fiance picked up the H&R Block tax prep software for this year. He fed me dinner. Now I get to "be a real grown up!" and do the taxes, and then have wings and rum and cokes as a reward.

Yes, being able to do my taxes makes me feel happy and competent. :3: I know, it's weird, but all my growing up years my folks would stress over money, and the taxes, and it's so... Well, I get my taxes done and live within my means, and they still can't figure out how I manage it. So yeah. This makes my whole week awesome!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Karajan, cheese and crackers and a four day weekend. :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Another reason why today is awesome--my suicidal friend is taking everything I'm saying to heart! Or at least he says he is.

I really hope he follows my advice, I really do.