Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
I had a morbid thought on the way home: The day Howard's parents pass on, do you guys think he'll take two weeks off to deal with it, but still have an on-air breakdown? I do, and I feel terribly guilty for thinking what compelling radio that might make.
:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

picosecond posted:

I had a morbid thought on the way home: The day Howard's parents pass on, do you guys think he'll take two weeks off to deal with it, but still have an on-air breakdown? I do, and I feel terribly guilty for thinking what compelling radio that might make.

He's already admitted that he will be a huge mess, as would anybody of course, but it's even worse. Howards parents are old fashioned, like my parents, so you have a father that 100% relies on his wife for certain things like cooking, keeping a schedule, making appointments and a mother who relies on her husband to write the checks, etc. Imagine having to deal with that guilt of having one parent who is alone and is not whole anymore.

John Fütbol
May 18, 2003

FUCKING GOOOOOOOAL IN PHRAGMATICS FYAD CONTEST
There are two impressionists who have called into the show, I'm hoping someone here can identify them for me.

The first one called in as Bob Hope one time. He would do a decent impression for a few lines, then completely lose it and kind of sound like the White Rapper, and then go back to sounding like Bob hope. I think this was in the mid 90's. I don't really remember much of it.

The second one was in the 2000's. They did an interview with a fake Jerry Lewis, who said a bunch of racist things to Robin like "Go make some pancakes, Mrs. Butterworth." Craig Gass was in the studio at the time and talked to him as Sam Kinison, if that helps.

I couldn't find either interview on Youtube, but they're probably somewhere online. I might try to find them later.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

picosecond posted:

Nah, I've thought that too, if only because his parents have to be in their mid-80s at least. Howard himself is pushing 60 and he still hasn't cut the apron strings (and remember, this is a guy who STILL is in therapy 3 or 4 days a week), so yeah - he's going to be a mess...much more so than the average person.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

YOU PILLHEAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdCRMFBFcwg

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

"I'm sorry I made a joke about Tim Tebow being the Anti-Christ. Maybe everytime a wide receiver gets pulled over we don't have to go into Obama Care."

God bless Artie Lange.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DangerDummy! posted:

God bless Artie Lange.

Be sure to listen to Artie's monologue about Christie near the end of Hour 3 on Monday's show if you haven't already. It's glorious.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Vakal posted:

Be sure to listen to Artie's monologue about Christie near the end of Hour 3 on Monday's show if you haven't already. It's glorious.

When he gets into that tone/mood something brilliant always comes of it. He really is one of my favorite people and Artie never fails to make me laugh.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

picosecond posted:

He said something about this a few years ago. If his mom died he said he would have to take off at least 6 weeks to get his Dad taken care of. As someone else said, Rae does everything but I can't see why Howard just wouldn't hire a full time caretaker.

As far as Beth finding a new husband, you guys are not thinking right. She's follow the trend of dating someone in their 20s who will actually go out with her and not obsess about playing random people in online chess. Since she's got her payday her and the new boytoy can party it up while she shops around her tell all book and becomes a spokeswoman for local baby food from the Hamptons when she's pregnant at age 45.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bonzo posted:

He said something about this a few years ago. If his mom died he said he would have to take off at least 6 weeks to get his Dad taken care of. As someone else said, Rae does everything but I can't see why Howard just wouldn't hire a full time caretaker.

As far as Beth finding a new husband, you guys are not thinking right. She's follow the trend of dating someone in their 20s who will actually go out with her and not obsess about playing random people in online chess. Since she's got her payday her and the new boytoy can party it up while she shops around her tell all book and becomes a spokeswoman for local baby food from the Hamptons when she's pregnant at age 45.

...becomes a spokeswoman for some kind of developmental disability awareness group from the Hamptons for having a baby at age 45.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

...becomes a spokeswoman for some kind of developmental disability awareness group from the Hamptons for having a baby at age 45.

whoops, those chromosomes didn't separate properly, so now your kid has an extra one.

She could call Jenny McCarthy though, I hear she can cure things.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Vakal posted:

His Bill Curtis schtick about Rick Santorum's dead baby was one of the funniest things I've heard in a very long time.

The short message that came from behind the prison walls was chilling. It simply said "kill a cop"...

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

DangerDummy! posted:

His Bill Curtis schtick about Rick Santorum's dead baby was one of the funniest things I've heard in a very long time.

The short message that came from behind the prison walls was chilling. It simply said "kill a cop"...

YES! I was almost in tears. Do you remember what day that was on?

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Is it naive to think that Artie is still sober? If he is then it's kind of bullshit of DirectTV to have them do a week of shows in a bar. Something bad is going to happen, but I bet it will be some great radio.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
It's insanely easy to get through to the Nick and Artie show in case anyone's interested. I was Kyle on Thursday, got through on the first try and was on the air within 20 minutes.

1-800-JIMROME !

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

It's insanely easy to get through to the Nick and Artie show in case anyone's interested. I was Kyle on Thursday, got through on the first try and was on the air within 20 minutes.

1-800-JIMROME !

I haven't listened to the show yet but if you didn't throw in a "Stevie eat your baloney!" I will be most displeased, fellow goon.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Sand Monster posted:

I haven't listened to the show yet but if you didn't throw in a "Stevie eat your baloney!" I will be most displeased, fellow goon.

Nah, I'm boring, I didn't even throw in a Rick :(

People should try to get through tonight though, it seems like they're always hard up for calls on Fridays and I imagine some of the more creative/bold people here could get some good reactions out of the two. I love that Gonzo guy who always calls in with the voices. Someone should try to piss off Nick if anything, rib him for bringing politics into everything and he goes nuts.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Can we talk to Artie about Eric the Midget?

I was thinking back to how he went to the bunny ranch to get laid. Did the lady just like blow him or something? I don't even know how that would work. He can't gently caress, would the girl like plop him onto the bed and hold him up with pillows and sit on his dick or does she grab him and just move him like a medicine ball in and out of her?

It is mind boggling. I want to draw it. All of it.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Eric the Buttfucker asked Howard if he'd have dinner with him while he was in San Francisco the other day. Howard said he would, but he'd probably be too busy while he was there.

Can you imagine that conversation?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Holy Calamity! posted:

Eric the Buttfucker asked Howard if he'd have dinner with him while he was in San Francisco the other day. Howard said he would, but he'd probably be too busy while he was there.

"So the girls at the Bunny Ranch licked your midget rear end in a top hat?"

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

For some reason I have the mental image of the entire Eric the Midget persona being a cover for a massive criminal empire, leading to Howard walking into an old style Italian restaurant, kneeling down to kiss Don Eric's ring and then telling him that everything is going according to plan.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

Can we talk to Artie about Eric the Midget?

I was thinking back to how he went to the bunny ranch to get laid. Did the lady just like blow him or something? I don't even know how that would work. He can't gently caress, would the girl like plop him onto the bed and hold him up with pillows and sit on his dick or does she grab him and just move him like a medicine ball in and out of her?

It is mind boggling. I want to draw it. All of it.

I listened to that saga recently and yeah he did actually gently caress them. I think they just lowered themselves down onto his dick. It's a great saga, especially with the whole Natalie Maines thing where Eric accused her of loving up the relationship with the girls.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

chiz posted:

I listened to that saga recently and yeah he did actually gently caress them. I think they just lowered themselves down onto his dick. It's a great saga, especially with the whole Natalie Maines thing where Eric accused her of loving up the relationship with the girls.

Even if Eric was the nicest guy in the world I'd be amazed to find a woman willing to gently caress him for money, I mean, that is like horror show stuff. He would just be sitting there all bug eyed and making his "ehhhh" "uhhhh" sounds and probably pulsating and splotchy and red. His legs looking like broken chicken wings freshly plucked and this little dick poking out of the whole mess and some girl at the bunny ranch was like "That'll be $500" and just got down to business.

Ugh. People can't need money that bad.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I seem to remember descriptions of the girls being led down the hall to gently caress him as being reminiscent of prisoners marching to the chambers in Auschwitz.

They did it as a favor and I'm sure it's not the first time some of the real pros have had to deal with handicapped virgins so it's usually an act of kindness in most cases. Except with Eric, because gently caress that midget.

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

AxeManiac posted:

Even if Eric was the nicest guy in the world I'd be amazed to find a woman willing to gently caress him for money, I mean, that is like horror show stuff. He would just be sitting there all bug eyed and making his "ehhhh" "uhhhh" sounds and probably pulsating and splotchy and red. His legs looking like broken chicken wings freshly plucked and this little dick poking out of the whole mess and some girl at the bunny ranch was like "That'll be $500" and just got down to business.

Ugh. People can't need money that bad.

The story goes that all the Bunny Ranch girls that did him did him as a freebe. Dennis Hof told Air Force Amy that it would be good publicity, which she scoffed at but ended up doing him. She said he had a big full man sized penis.

Artie joked to Air Force Amy, how long did Dennis have you in a headlock before you agreed to sleep with ETM?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yeah, I get the hard luck virgin thing, but Eric is such an rear end in a top hat that he can't even go with that. I bet he was really an rear end in a top hat about the thing too. Just like I can't imagine Beet getting laid, I remember an old video of him running around with a boner and he looked like a god drat monster from space.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Qaz Kwaz posted:

YES! I was almost in tears. Do you remember what day that was on?

Wednesday, January 4th, third hour, right around the last five minutes.

If anyone wanted to make a clip of that, I'd be very grateful :allears:

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
"Hey Eric. Who's Blue Iris? This is Katherine McPhee. Oh my god, Katherine McPhee loves to have her pussy licked. I want to suck your cock!"

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
Gotta give it to Stern... he's a solid photographer:

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003

DangerDummy! posted:

Wednesday, January 4th, third hour, right around the last five minutes.

If anyone wanted to make a clip of that, I'd be very grateful :allears:

Here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65416/SA/artie-american-justice.mp3

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

My eyes go right for her knees

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm Darth Nihilous
       \

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Shes Not Impressed posted:

My eyes go right for her knees

Really? My eyes go to the 60% of the image that's overexposed.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Solid? Like solidly overblowing it with contrast?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

EngineerJoe posted:

Really? My eyes go to the 60% of the image that's overexposed.

Hypothermia is a risk for any horse without a jacket during the freezing cold parts of the year

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Holy Calamity! posted:

Nah, I'm boring, I didn't even throw in a Rick :(

People should try to get through tonight though, it seems like they're always hard up for calls on Fridays and I imagine some of the more creative/bold people here could get some good reactions out of the two. I love that Gonzo guy who always calls in with the voices. Someone should try to piss off Nick if anything, rib him for bringing politics into everything and he goes nuts.

I consider myself a nice, friendly person but for some reason whenever I listen to the show I keep thinking about calling up just to troll the poo poo out of Nick and get Artie to laugh at him. Nick can definitely make me laugh, but I really consider him unlikable as a person :shobon:

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003

Millstone posted:

I like it. Snow is white. He's overexposing to completely outline the figure in it.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Millstone posted:

It's correctly exposed for a snow picture. It it had been taken with an auto setting, the camera would try to overcompensate for the white snow, and she'd be completely in shadow. I like it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
That is a good photo and she is a pretty lady.

Still no idea what he was doing with that calendar, that thing was a train wreck. Can't wait to see the Ralph fake magazine cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

AltronHGX posted:

I consider myself a nice, friendly person but for some reason whenever I listen to the show I keep thinking about calling up just to troll the poo poo out of Nick and get Artie to laugh at him. Nick can definitely make me laugh, but I really consider him unlikable as a person :shobon:

I want to call up and find out who the gently caress in Massachusetts pronounces Cincinnati the way Nick does. I never heard it in the Lowell metro or in South Boston. It's almost as annoying as Bubba's inability to say Bradenton or New Smyrna.