Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

FINALLY, Homestuck's best character comes back to for at least a brief appearance. And not a moment too soon, I was about to give up on this whole thing.

Yeah, I was really glad to see Equius again too. :) (not even being ironic)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I think it would be great if Hussie makes it so it turns out Equius and Nepata were actually really, really important. The internet's interaction would be bi-loving-polar.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

QueerPope posted:

The stuff with Nepeta and Equuis seems like it could be red herrings. The two robo-Aradias are obviously just more beta versions from the King fight.

The biggest mystery is what Frigglish is doing on Derse.

Well, back in the timeline where John died, Rose had Vodka Mewtini with her on Derse as well. So it's not unprecedented for animals to hang out with dreamselves.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Roger Explosion posted:

I think it would be great if Hussie makes it so it turns out Equius and Nepata were actually really, really important. The internet's interaction would be bi-loving-polar.

Only if they're really, really important to Lord English's plans. We're not about to let them be satisfied, right?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Tollymain posted:

Yeah, I was really glad to see Equius again too. :) (not even being ironic)

I wasn't being ironic either. Well, I guess I was a little, but still.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
This update was the first that I couldn't digest in that single sitting.
Oh god what does it all mean?

Karkles went God Tier and then died in a beta(non Jack v Vriska?) line?
Dave what are you doing in Land of Quartz and Melody with Equius and RoboAradias?

:psypop:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just calm down, take deep breaths, and read your avatar.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

A Spider posted:

This update was the first that I couldn't digest in that single sitting.
Oh god what does it all mean?

Karkles went God Tier and then died in a beta(non Jack v Vriska?) line?
Dave what are you doing in Land of Quartz and Melody with Equius and RoboAradias?

It was a dream bubble. Inside of those, everyone's memories blur together, allowing for the melange of environments you see.

Some of the people are dead. These people have completely white eyes, unless they're robots. If a person is wearing glasses, it's less obvious, but it's pretty safe to assume Dave was alive and Equius was dead.

Karkat was shown as god tier, but he had blank eyes, so he was likely from a beta timeline where it didn't even matter that he was god tier.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
So I was reading through my Problem Sleuth books that came in the mail, and I think I figured out what Jane's pesterchum handle is a callback to. The only question that remains is: Are you a canny enough customer to figure it out?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Also: Alternia's pink moon popped up again pretty centrally at the end there. Of course it could always be just as irrelevant to the story as Earth's moon has been, but hey.

QueerPope posted:

The biggest mystery is what Frigglish is doing on Derse.

Obviously that's where he came from in the first place. Dead Nepeta put him there sort of like Gamzee did with Cal and we'll see him fall into a portal and become Rose's and Roxy's cat. Later on, Roxy will steal Jaspers in an attempt to cover up Frigglish's accidental death. :v:

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I'm really hoping that dead Godtier Karkat replaces future and past Karkat as foils for present Karkat.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Reconfirmation that the kids eye-colour is the same as there text colour even in the new session

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

A Spider posted:

I think I'll answer this one!

Equius reminds Dave of his Bro. The robots, being a little creepy, possible a thing with creatures of the equine persuasion, wears shades 24/7. He's like Bro, so Dave wants to hang out with him.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Blood Nightmaster posted:

A few pages late, but

Love both of these. Particularly the 8-bit one, though that's probably just my personal tastes talking.

Well lucky for you it's finally super-ready-to-enter finished. I didn't bother posting it in the thread because it was only minor changes, plus I didn't even upload it to Tindeck, but it's here.

Anyway, Updatechat: If going through all these dreambubbles from Derse is a Void thing, I'm wondering if Equius did anything similar, and if we'll hear about it later. It would mean more Equius of course, something I am totally down with.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

If going through all these dreambubbles from Derse is a Void thing, I'm wondering if Equius did anything similar, and if we'll hear about it later. It would mean more Equius of course, something I am totally down with.

I don't think it's a void thing as much as it is a Derse thing. Derse is close to the furthest ring, and so everything in it (the horrorterrors, the dream bubbles) are quite accessible.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

YF-23 posted:

I don't think it's a void thing as much as it is a Derse thing. Derse is close to the furthest ring, and so everything in it (the horrorterrors, the dream bubbles) are quite accessible.

Agreed. They're evidently close enough for Dirk to look at (much like Dave did earlier). And when Rose was flying Derse's moon through Dave's dreams, she wasn't so far away that he couldn't catch up after he awoke. It seems to be a surprisingly short distance.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

e: wrong thread sorry... I can't get rid of the picture because I uploaded it through my post

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

ArchRanger posted:

I'm really hoping that dead Godtier Karkat replaces future and past Karkat as foils for present Karkat.

For some reason I picture dead Karkat as just being really chill. Y'know, once he gets over the whole 'being dead' thing.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Roger Explosion posted:

"Of course Hussie would make Equus and Nepeta the stars of the show while he leaves VRISKA(Vriska) in the dust."

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So Dirk is gay, that is something new.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm more curious (unless I'm misreading) how Roxy's mom is simultaneously dead and also making media appearances and buying her booze.

Also: Silly prediction: Dirk, who enjoys being the puppet master, is going to end up being server player for all three other players (just like Dave was playing server for both Jade and Rose), and his entry is going to be...complicated.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 22, 2012

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Bobulus posted:

I'm more curious (unless I'm misreading) how Roxy's mom is simultaneously dead and also making media appearances and buying her booze.

Mom bot?

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Bobulus posted:

the answer is always "shenanigans".

KoB
May 1, 2009
It sounds like New Earth is similar to Alternia, where being gay isnt "a thing," he just likes dudes I guess? Also parental Rose and Dave are dead?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, this just got a hell of a lot more confusing.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
That chat log went from really funny to really sad pretty quickly.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I think Dirk implied that Alpha-Dave is dead too :(

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

KoB posted:

It sounds like New Earth is similar to Alternia, where being gay isnt "a thing," he just likes dudes I guess? Also parental Rose and Dave are dead?

I think it is a thing, Dirk just doesn't think it's too important, what with the impending destruction of the entire human race.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Prison Warden posted:

I think it is a thing, Dirk just doesn't think it's too important, what with the impending destruction of the entire human race.

Karkat's shipping chart needs a complete rewrite for this new universe.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Cleretic posted:

Karkat's shipping chart needs a complete rewrite for this new universe.

That would be quite the limited shipping chart unless it's just being done for fun. But the previous one was for the survival of the human race, right?

Mr. D Bewildering fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 22, 2012

Commutator
Jul 17, 2009
Interesting that Roxy recognized Rose specifically as her daughter, rather than her mom, of which she is kind of both and kind of neither. Or so it would seem...?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Commutator posted:

Interesting that Roxy recognized Rose specifically as her daughter, rather than her mom, of which she is kind of both and kind of neither. Or so it would seem...?

Roxy and Dirk are clone-goo-parents of Rose and Dave, so a little bit at least. Shes only the daughter in that Parent-Rose raised her (but according to this pesterlog, maybe not?).

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop

Prison Warden posted:

What surprised me was how Hussie clubbed the reader with Dirk's being-gay-ness. He's left enough hints in the writing up to this update to convict a criminal. I'm not saying he "shouldn't" have gone with being this direct! What I'm saying is it felt like Hussie going "HERE, DO YOU GET IT, STUPIDS?"

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Commutator posted:

She probably doesn't know about Universe A Rose so Roxy just assumes that a younger person who resembles her is her future daughter. Of course in true Hussie style there are double meanings that are also true.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Snollygoster posted:

What surprised me was how Hussie clubbed the reader with Dirk's being-gay-ness. He's left enough hints in the writing up to this update to convict a criminal. I'm not saying he "shouldn't" have gone with being this direct! What I'm saying is it felt like Hussie going "HERE, DO YOU GET IT, STUPIDS?"

That wouldn't make sense, since people were speculating that Bro was gay since the beginning of time.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Snollygoster posted:

Well, it isn't the first time he's done that. He usually announces something that was heavily foreshadowed with like (paraphrasing) "This outcome was completely obvious to everyone" or "Really? Wow."

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
Roxy is the best character. I bet "le sign" is going to become "a thig" in Homestuck fandom not too long from now. "This guy at my school is totally hot and also into Homestuck yaoiz! But, le sign..."

Also I'm really wondering how this whole dead/alive thing is working out. Hasn't Roxy already said stuff about how her mom raises her or something? Or was that thing in both of their intros just foreshadowing to them being dead even though they're all-seeing???

I'm sure the Batterwitch has some sort of stand-ins for talk shows or something?

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

QueerPope posted:

Roxy is the best character. I bet "le sign" is going to become "a thig" in Homestuck fandom not too long from now. "This guy at my school is totally hot and also into Homestuck yaoiz! But, le sign..."

Also I'm really wondering how this whole dead/alive thing is working out. Hasn't Roxy already said stuff about how her mom raises her or something? Or was that thing in both of their intros just foreshadowing to them being dead even though they're all-seeing???

I'm sure the Batterwitch has some sort of stand-ins for talk shows or something?

What gets me curious is how media plays into this. It doesn't seem to be well-known by most other people that Alpha Rose/Dave are dead, if I read Roxy's last log correctly. That's something that I'd like to see elaborated on in future updates. :crossarms:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

QueerPope posted:

Roxy is the best character. I bet "le sign" is going to become "a thig" in Homestuck fandom not too long from now.
*sign* has been a thing for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I think from the character's perspective the gay dialog did make sense. It would be more weird for me if it was never mentioned directly but alluded to constantly. That's not how normal people talk, we don't dance around self admitted non-issues like that. We come out and say it, no pun intended.

Although to be honest I can't help but wonder if this is Hussie saying, "Look! This comic is progressive, okay! It has gay people and everything."