Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadalator
Oct 22, 2005

I hate her so much. Vince could've married some young hot gold digger, bought her everything she ever wanted, and still saved tens of millions of dollars. Instead he married an old dumb zombie woman who kicked JR in the nuts. What a bitch
Low-Ki is awesome. Him vs Kenta is still one of the best matches last decade, how people get offended by inadvertent violence in fake fighting is ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This is how TNA takes advantage of having somebody with the star power of RVD on their roster (and posts it after said star is stretchered out of storylines):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuIKZZWj8FM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuIKZZWj8FM

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Shadalator posted:

how people get offended by inadvertent violence in fake fighting is ridiculous
Hm yes it's almost as if people are now getting smarter about that kind of thing and want safer wrestling done well.

Also benoit.jpg or something.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Atticus Finch posted:

Hm yes it's almost as if people are now getting smarter about that kind of thing and want safer wrestling done well.

Also benoit.jpg or something.

Not to mention that Low Ki has shown time and time again that he doesn't give a poo poo if he injures people. It's one thing to work stiff, but it's quite another to have no respect for the other guy's body, which he is trusting you with when he steps into the ring and vice versa.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Jesus, he really does go into the fencing position.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I've seen rabbits do that after a snake latches onto them. :gonk:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Shadalator posted:

Low-Ki is awesome. Him vs Kenta is still one of the best matches last decade, how people get offended by inadvertent violence in fake fighting is ridiculous

Yeah, we shouldn't be offended about how he kicks a man so hard in the head it's likely he'll have post concussion syndrome for weeks, if not months. Also how he shows absolutely no concern after the fact and continues to perform Warrior's Way instead of just ending the match like a normal person. We're just bleeding vaginas about the whole thing.

gently caress Low Ki and his sloppy wrestling and his loving retardo mannerisms.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

PunkBoy posted:

I thought Kana has been a lot better recently about not being overly stiff?
Right after her fallout with Passion Red, she stopped being as stiff. Now even her "Stiff" matches, aren't nearly as stiff looking at Syuri or Ayumi Kurihara, and as stiff as Kana ever was, I would say she wasn't even as hard-hitting as Kyoko Kimura or Aja Kong.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

DMPunk posted:

When Kaval was with Lay-Cool, I really enjoyed him. When he is by himself, he isn't nearly as much fun.

Back then it looked like he wasn't up his own rear end with taking himself seriously and was actually allowing himself to have fun. It looks like he's back to being a SERIOUS BUSINESS jack off though.

My "favorite" part of that video by the way is the crowd chanting "one more time" when it's clear to just about anyone, even without seeing closeups of his face, that the dude is completely out.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

Right after her fallout with Passion Red, she stopped being as stiff. Now even her "Stiff" matches, aren't nearly as stiff looking at Syuri or Ayumi Kurihara, and as stiff as Kana ever was, I would say she wasn't even as hard-hitting as Kyoko Kimura or Aja Kong.

Syuri and Ayumi beating the crap out of each other in that SMASH tag match was crazy. I don't remember any story stuff before or after it, they just started a "who can hit the hardest" contest.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Bocc Kob posted:

Syuri and Ayumi beating the crap out of each other in that SMASH tag match was crazy. I don't remember any story stuff before or after it, they just started a "who can hit the hardest" contest.
Ayumi was talking pretty much the same kind of trash that Kana does in some kind of interview, Syuri didn't like it.

Ray was also pretty drat stiff in the match, and for some reason, Ray does get pretty hard sometimes for seemingly no reason. Ray's suppose to be the good girl, but her crazy alter ego, Lin Bairon isn't stiff at all.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

It's the remix everybody's always wanted but never thought to ask for:

DJ Gabriel's theme + Derrick Bateman being pissed off about his zubaz.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
DB^2 was so much fun :smith:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

They need to do another DB^2 double date. Especially if Maxine and AJ can't stand each other.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Shadalator posted:

I was at that match. It was the poo poo indeed. Great "big fight atmosphere" for that.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5PHOntFVcE&feature=related

Fun video where Jake tells a story about pissing off Dick Ebersol. Best part is the interview with Gene at the end though.

Jake: If you believe Ricky Steamboat can beat me, you should go back to selling encyclopedias.
Gene: I never sold encyclopedias! :mad:
Jake: Oh, you couldn't do that either, eh? :smug:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Eh, so as not to derail the WCW thread any more with Scotty 2 Hotty chat of all things...

Super Ninja Fish posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7vkKi6Obk

Attitude Era, please come back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AlorQ6lFc4

Scotty got one of the better pops for the 15th Anniversary battle royal too. Also this match from SMASH in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO0JB000tk8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qleCT15hkk

Scotty rules and has a shitload of charisma, energy and showmanship that a lot of wrestlers really wish they possessed.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Awesome to see that Japan loves Scotty. :unsmith:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Awesome to see that Japan loves Scotty. :unsmith:

I think my favorite bit of the match is Scotty and TAKA's fist bump and the two of them looking like they're really enjoying being in the ring against each other. I'm guessing they're really good friends or something.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Shadalator posted:

Low-Ki/KENTA was really great but if you think that was inadvertent and not Ki knocking a guy out because gently caress you that's why then you're pretty dumb. There's a way to deliver a safe Abise Giri/Koppou Kick, and there's a way to botch an Abise Giri/Koppou Kick. That was neither; that was Ki nailing Chocolate McRoids right on the button because he was taunting him and Ki does not give a gently caress about the other guy in the ring. Watch it again.

Even if that was an accident, he hit him with the cartwheel facekick immediately afterwards. Then, after he could physically confirm the dude was deadweight, he Ghetto Stomps him. That's a dick move.

And everyone loves Scotty. Or at least, they should :colbert:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Maybe Shittats McRoidgut was a jerk backstage or something.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bocc Kob posted:

Who?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bocc Kob posted:

In Low-Ki's mind, everyone that hasn't been wrestling for 15 years and doesn't do 3000 squats before a match and kiss the ground he walks on is a jerk.

Heard way too many stories about Low-Ki disrespecting people he didn't feel were "worthy", and throwing temper tantrums over basically nothing.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bocc Kob posted:

Even if this is the case this still makes Low-Ki a jackass and a child.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Oatgan posted:

Even if this is the case this still makes Low-Ki a jackass and a child.

Agreed. There's a place to handle that kind of poo poo, and it's not in the ring.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Low-Ki: Worries about wrestlers who haven't earned their spot. *Injures people because....*

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

Not to mention that Low Ki has shown time and time again that he doesn't give a poo poo if he injures people. It's one thing to work stiff, but it's quite another to have no respect for the other guy's body, which he is trusting you with when he steps into the ring and vice versa.

When I was reading the posts in here & saw the initial kick I almost sided with Low-Ki on it...I mean it's a rolling kick, Low-Ki has to throw himself at his opponent & it's the opponent's job to protect himself somewhat and instead he does nothing to protect his head and gets kicked square-on in the dome for his troubles.

Of course that went away the second I saw that Warrior's Way; jesus christ it's been a couple minutes after the kick and the guy is still virtually out cold, he's barely moving and your decision is "Welp I'll throw myself at him again while he's out cold being held up by the ropes in the corner, drat near drop him on his head pulling him out because he's probably 300 pounds of dead weight, and then I'll jump squarely onto his chest from the top rope"? :stonk:

Shadalator
Oct 22, 2005

I hate her so much. Vince could've married some young hot gold digger, bought her everything she ever wanted, and still saved tens of millions of dollars. Instead he married an old dumb zombie woman who kicked JR in the nuts. What a bitch
How does that not make you like him even more?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

oldskool posted:

When I was reading the posts in here & saw the initial kick I almost sided with Low-Ki on it...I mean it's a rolling kick, Low-Ki has to throw himself at his opponent & it's the opponent's job to protect himself somewhat and instead he does nothing to protect his head and gets kicked square-on in the dome for his troubles.

Of course that went away the second I saw that Warrior's Way; jesus christ it's been a couple minutes after the kick and the guy is still virtually out cold, he's barely moving and your decision is "Welp I'll throw myself at him again while he's out cold being held up by the ropes in the corner, drat near drop him on his head pulling him out because he's probably 300 pounds of dead weight, and then I'll jump squarely onto his chest from the top rope"? :stonk:

I like the youtube comments. They basically sum up as, "That guy looks like he took steroids so gently caress HIM!"

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Shadalator posted:

How does that not make you like him even more?

Low-ki is such a mark for himself that there's no room for anyone else to like him.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Fun match and proof that Polo > Raven but catch Vince's slip up at the start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kpxMkOA8Qg

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Lone Rogue posted:

Fun match and proof that Polo > Raven but catch Vince's slip up at the start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kpxMkOA8Qg

Silly slip-up aside, this match is actually pretty solid. There are a lot of little spots in there that you don't see these days, like Jannetty dropping flat so Polo runs into the turnbuckle. That's actually pretty cool.

One of my favourite bits of selling was where someone would be working over Jake the Snake's leg, then Irish whip him into the turnbuckle. Except Jake would collapse before hitting the corner, clutching his leg. Even as a kid, I remember getting so worried about that. As an adult, it looks even cooler.

I kind of miss guys having their own little spots in the middle of matches. Barrett actually does this with his series of punches and that side kick he does. I hope to see more of that coming back soon.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Writer Cath posted:

I kind of miss guys having their own little spots in the middle of matches. Barrett actually does this with his series of punches and that side kick he does. I hope to see more of that coming back soon.

Del Rio has the Hamrick bump.

Edit: Have all the Johnny Polo you can handle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZYRGMen_PA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Koas0mOsmzE

Suben fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 22, 2012

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'm not going to defend Low Ki for the stomp because that shouldn't have been done, but to put the sole blame on him over anyone else is harsh. He started the match with a normal move that he does on EVERYBODY and instead of defending himself, Ahtu took it in the face and went crashing down.

From that point forward nobody did what they should have done. It was clear he was out, and there was no reason medical shouldn't have swarmed the ring right then and there. This kind of situation is the reason a State Athletic Commission is even there. Instead what happens is the medical official does absolutely nothing, the referee doesn't call the bell, and Low Ki's only option is to finish the match.

I won't defend him for the Kick in the corner -> double stomp, but I think there is a much bigger person to blame than just Low Ki.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

If he didn't already have the reputation for being overly stiff and not taking care of his opponents, something like this would just be looked at as an accident. But he does have that reputation, and rightfully so, so he's going to take the blame.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

HulkaMatt posted:

I'm not going to defend Low Ki for the stomp because that shouldn't have been done, but to put the sole blame on him over anyone else is harsh. He started the match with a normal move that he does on EVERYBODY and instead of defending himself, Ahtu took it in the face and went crashing down.

From that point forward nobody did what they should have done. It was clear he was out, and there was no reason medical shouldn't have swarmed the ring right then and there. This kind of situation is the reason a State Athletic Commission is even there. Instead what happens is the medical official does absolutely nothing, the referee doesn't call the bell, and Low Ki's only option is to finish the match.

I won't defend him for the Kick in the corner -> double stomp, but I think there is a much bigger person to blame than just Low Ki.

I guess in that situation I have to ask, from a wrestling perspective, who is the veteran here? Who is the guy that should be able to assess the situation and make a decision? Of course EVOLVE failed in their duty and to ignore their responsibility is, well, ignorant but in the ring, the veteran is the captain and wouldn't that be Low Ki?

I know Low Ki is a small guy and everything but the dude is a what, 14 year veteran? The best course of action shouldn't have been kicks in the corner and a cornerstomp.

Then again, I'm completely skeptical of the whole thing and even if Ahtu was legit knocked out, I think that was still supposed to be the point of the match. Low Ki was supposed to destroy him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lone Rogue posted:

I guess in that situation I have to ask, from a wrestling perspective, who is the veteran here? Who is the guy that should be able to assess the situation and make a decision? Of course EVOLVE failed in their duty and to ignore their responsibility is, well, ignorant but in the ring, the veteran is the captain and wouldn't that be Low Ki?

I know Low Ki is a small guy and everything but the dude is a what, 14 year veteran? The best course of action shouldn't have been kicks in the corner and a cornerstomp.

Then again, I'm completely skeptical of the whole thing and even if Ahtu was legit knocked out, I think that was still supposed to be the point of the match. Low Ki was supposed to destroy him.

Not to mention that the kick to the corner looked like he hit the top turnbuckle more than anything, and the double stomp was probably the softest looking doublestomp I have ever seen Low Ki do. You can clearly see him redistribute his weight, and slide right off the dude. Low Ki was trying to be a professional and finish the match, it's the ref's job to put a stop to the match.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
They don't usually stop matches in wrestling unless the guy needs immediate medical attention, right? When Green Ant's arm got snapped, Bryce only hesitated half a second before counting a three and getting him some help. When Fire Ant accidentally crushed Daizee Haze's nose, she was bleeding and gasping, but Soldier Ant still put a submission on her so she could tap out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EiRpLQ-ow8

OVW got Shelly Martinez to wrestle competently. Fuuuuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?
OVW had a nice women's division back in 2005-2006.

• Locked thread