Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Played in the $3 brackets at casuals yesterday, predictably went 0 and 2. If anyone is so inclined to watch the videos and tell me how bad I am, I'd appreciate it (I'm playing casuals at 14:00, match 1 at 51:30, match 2 at 1:16:00). I don't really know what to look for when I watch these, I have a very hard time translating from theory to practicality or even articulating what I was thinking or thought my opponent was thinking during a match. I've heard that picking one thing to really focus on is a helpful way to improve, are there any large tangible mistakes that I'm making or is it more a large collection of situational bad decisions?

I'll throw a few ideas out there:

1. Work on safety. Few times I saw you either doing something unsafe that got you punished (e.g. hawkeye slide into launcher on block) or you failed to do something like a DHC into super scatter to potentially save Haggar or a cancel. One time you could have Raw tagged in Doom, keeping hawkeye alive and losing doom a small amount of life from a full screen finger lasers. Also sometimes you landed a hit and just didn't finish the combo. I saw it once when you ground bounced with haggar and you have a fair bit of time to combo off that.

2. I saw you use Haggar's J.l a few times and you got thrown or blown up for doing so.. Is there perhaps a different normal with a little bit more hit-stun that crosses up and you could use instead? I haven't played haggar for a while but isn't j.h a gief style body splash?

3. Doom gets hit a lot in your team so he often seemed to come on with less than a third of his life. I know missiles helps haggar approach but I thought I'd point that out because it's hindering your ability to make mistakes with doom.

4. You do a lot of standing H xx triple arrow and seem to do not nearly as much jumping triple arrow as I do with hawkeye. Feel free to disregard this because I didn't see many people simply super-jump over it, but my friends do that all the time so I tend to go for falling triple arrow s.H xx triple piercing/scatter shot to control more space on the screen and keep them locked down. Also I saw sometimes a blocked s.H xx Triple arrow xx Gimlet which seems like a pretty crappy waste of bar. I would only ever cancel to gimlet like that if the first part missed and I wanted to stop them approaching over the top and I saw a dash or something. Saving you bar like that would help up your damage output quite a lot and it's important with hawkeye because he needs specific assists to really shine damage-wise because a lot of it is multi-poison tip combos.

I'm sure other goons will correct me if I posted bad things, but that's some stuff that came to mind when I watched your matches. Your combos seem to be pretty damaging, you just need to get them a lot more consistent, Haggar in particular!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Played in the $3 brackets at casuals yesterday, predictably went 0 and 2. If anyone is so inclined to watch the videos and tell me how bad I am, I'd appreciate it (I'm playing casuals at 14:00, match 1 at 51:30, match 2 at 1:16:00). I don't really know what to look for when I watch these, I have a very hard time translating from theory to practicality or even articulating what I was thinking or thought my opponent was thinking during a match. I've heard that picking one thing to really focus on is a helpful way to improve, are there any large tangible mistakes that I'm making or is it more a large collection of situational bad decisions?
The common thread in all the matches was that you were fairly predictable - jumping pipe, fullscreen triple arrow, etc. I think you need to vary your offence a bit more if you want to get a hit in. Given that your combos were quite tight, I get the feeling you've gotten the real match/training mode balance a little too skewed towards training and you're too used to hitting the dummy??

Other stuff:
- Don't go in on Dormammu as Hawkeye, you can outdo him from afar
- Never fall into predictable zoning vs. teleporters because they have the power to say 'gently caress that poo poo' and go behind you at any time
- Cancel Hawkeye slide with an arrow to be safe(r)
- Your X-Factor Hawkeye with Doom missiles vs Wolverine was very good until you decided to change it up and use different arrows/Gimlet. You gave Wolverine enough time to call in a clean Doom plasma beam, which is what he needs to get in on Hawkeye. When you're in XF, scattershot/missiles is enough to keep Wolverine locked in and without assist help until you run out of XF. I know it seems repetitive, but it WILL work - I know, I've been the Wolverine in that situation.
- Piercing bolt will beat any kind of zoning Doom tries, use it instead of triple arrow
- No point doing offence once you see some Doom missiles take off
- A few lariats probably wouldn't have gone amiss to keep Wolverine's berserker slash rampage in check

Overall I don't think you played all that poorly, it's just that you made a few big mistakes as a result of nerves/not thinking clearly and your opponent was strong enough to make those mistakes into wins

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 23, 2012

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhIIYnN1y_A&lc=qLGzW9PzZ23uJOvmmho_ccu4VQdCx6yStFqiVNPHbVk&context=G2ff7f33FAAAAAAAACAA&feature=g-all-c

Seriously considering picking this game up again and building a team around The Coon. Secret top tier???

duffath
May 9, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

The common thread in all the matches was that you were fairly predictable - jumping pipe, fullscreen triple arrow, etc. I think you need to vary your offence a bit more if you want to get a hit in. Given that your combos were quite tight, I get the feeling you've gotten the real match/training mode balance a little too skewed towards training and you're too used to hitting the dummy??

- Your X-Factor Hawkeye with Doom missiles vs Wolverine was very good until you decided to change it up and use different arrows/Gimlet. You gave Wolverine enough time to call in a clean Doom plasma beam, which is what he needs to get in on Hawkeye. When you're in XF, scattershot/missiles is enough to keep Wolverine locked in and without assist help until you run out of XF. I know it seems repetitive, but it WILL work - I know, I've been the Wolverine in that situation.

Ha ha seconding that!!

Cat Machine posted:

- Piercing bolt will beat any kind of zoning Doom tries, use it instead of triple arrow

Thought I'd contribute that it takes some time to come out but it'll go straight through an absolute tonne of stuff. It beats pretty much any other low priority projectiles and it'll also hit both point and assist where greyhound will not. It also does more chip than greyhound. It also pushes airborne opponents back a decent distance.

That said I don't use it much because I prefer the amount of space air triple covers, but maybe I should start doing s.H xx spritzer for the extra chip or something. It's such a strong move though that it's not something my friends ever let me get away with. They tend to not put themselves in situations where I can use spritzer to blast through their zoning.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. Gimlets on block are just bad hit confirming and itchy trigger fingers, definitely something I'm working on. I dropped a number of Haggar combos in casuals because my stick desperately needs new buttons. In the brackets I was borrowing sticks and the one solid Haggar combo I landed went well but I didn't end it properly, just practice distinguishing between my several different Haggar combos. I also need to practice lariat into hyper because it's super useful but the timing is very particular and changes depending on how exactly you catch your opponent. I know Haggar's j.L has a pretty nice hitbox on it, I just don't know what to do afterward to keep it safe. In general what I'm taking away from this is I need to spend more time working on safe setups.

Edit, posts while I was typing: predictability and not thinking, story of my life. I don't know how you unlearn those, but I need to.

Fenn the Fool! fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 23, 2012

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Frankly your team needs adjustments. Haggar sucks balls at getting in, and instead of using an assist that will help you do that, you're using hidden missiles, which usually resulted in you being a full screen away, calling Doom, and eating chaotic flame on both of your characters. Why do you need an assist that covers the jump-in arc when your only gameplan with Haggar is to jump in? There's nothing keeping your opponent in place, and no real mixup or good hitconfirm tool even if you do happen to catch them blocking on the ground.

Your Hawkeye needs to be a lot more active also. Standing on the ground and repeatedly firing triple arrow without jumping to cover more space or using assists to cover the gaps in between is a good way to eat a beam super, teleport, or whatever (as you saw in your matches).

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Here are some other things:

1. You ate a bunch of Dormammu pillars when you jumped forward to get in because you didn't block. You have to know those pillars are coming and be blocking.
2. Learn to plink dash or wavedash. I'm not sure if it works good for Haggar (and it doesn't work for Doom) but it's a faster way to get in than jump forward. If someone tries to catch your dash with a raw super or something you can hold upback to jump cancel your dash and block.
3. Doom is your best character and you're getting him murdered via unsafe assist calls.
4. Your Hawkeye is poo poo. You decide it's zoning time and all you do is s.H triple arrow. Then you decide it's rushdown time and all you do is jump forward slide. Hawkeye has moves besides triple arrow and slide. Start using them. Also, slide is super unsafe and you got punished by that Dormammu for being predictable with it. You need to learn to be more fluid about switching from zoning to rushdown and back.
5. You made a terrible xfactor decision in game 1 of the 51:30 match. Your xfactor decision in game 1 of the 1:16:00 match was questionable if not bad. Save it for XFGC Blender because that's working for you.
6. Remember to Foot Dive with Doom.
7. GIMLET THAT FRANK WEST ASSIST.
8. Your opponent beat you in the first game of the 1:16:00 match then switched his point character for the second game. If you were playing standard tournament rules he should have been DQ'd.
9. You can beat berserker slash by pressing any button.

Basically you're really predictable and it looks like you're not even paying attention to what the other player is doing. You need to learn some safe offense with your characters. Learn some good zoning strings, blockstrings, and mixups. Learn when to call your assists so that they don't get murdered. Having some good, safe offense down means have a place to start playing the game from. Throw out your safe stuff and see if it works. Then you either keep doing it or adjust it a bit.

Dren fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 23, 2012

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Metrohunter posted:

I'm contemplating picking up Skrull, anybody got some cool resources I might not find on SRK?

The Bradygames Guide has some decent info. It's pretty standard though. You can do fullscreen command throw mixups with his B and C command throws and a beam assist like Doom's plasma beam. Basically when you call the assist the person will either jump or block so you can do one of those command grabs and get decent damage. His wavedash is really fast and you can catch people with st. A. It's important to use st. A because it hits low. You can punish projectile spammers fairly well with meteor smash. You can cross people up with jump airdash fully charged S which will ground bounce into a combo.

Outside of his command grab, Skrull is pretty straight forward. Just try to get in with st.A and once you're in that range you can try to go for command grab. I'm pretty new to Marvel and Skrull is on my main team, but I haven't used him all too much. Hopefully this helps a bit.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm, it's probably old news but after watching that video of the Hagneto guy's team combos again I realized that Doom can jump cancel any of his normals by dash canceling and then immediately canceling the dash into a jump. Against huge characters like Nemesis and Sentinel you can actually use that to swap sides in the corner (LMH xx dash xx jump, j.M footdive S xx airdash forward, which takes you to the other side of them, then you can OTG and do whatever on the other side) but against anyone who's not 12+ feet tall the j.M comes out too high. I've been experimenting with instant air footdive but dash xx jump into instant air footdive is harder than it sounds.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Metrohunter posted:

I'm contemplating picking up Skrull, anybody got some cool resources I might not find on SRK?

Hi I'm Nastyy created a great guide for Skrull: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHHK_YFdINk

It's for vanilla but most of it should still apply and his Ultimate guide is coming soon.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Can you input special moves during a Hyper cutscene? Suppose I'm about to hit Taskmaster with Dante's Helm Breaker, then Taskmaster goes into his counter Hyper: can I cancel Helm Breaker into Air Play by hitting QCF+M while the cutscene is still going, or will that not work?

vvv: Cool, thanks!

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jan 23, 2012

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

toasterwarrior posted:

Can you input special moves during a Hyper cutscene? Suppose I'm about to hit Taskmaster with Dante's Helm Breaker, then Taskmaster goes into his counter Hyper: can I cancel Helm Breaker into Air Play by hitting QCF+M while the cutscene is still going, or will that not work?

You can input a special move during a hyper freeze. It is one of the reasons that counter hypers are not that good.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dren posted:

You can input a special move during a hyper freeze. It is one of the reasons that counter hypers are not that good.

I'm curious about that myself - does MvC3 buffer all your inputs during the freeze? Like, if I wanted to respond to your hyper with a hyper, can I just do the input during your freeze to get mine to come out immediately after the freeze ends?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

DizzyBum posted:

I'm curious about that myself - does MvC3 buffer all your inputs during the freeze? Like, if I wanted to respond to your hyper with a hyper, can I just do the input during your freeze to get mine to come out immediately after the freeze ends?

Yes. It only remembers one move though. Like if I do a super, and you had accidentally already pressed a button right after the flash, you couldn't "override" it with your own special or super or whatever.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Jmcrofts posted:

Yes. It only remembers one move though. Like if I do a super, and you had accidentally already pressed a button right after the flash, you couldn't "override" it with your own special or super or whatever.

Another reason to not mash.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
So I spent 3~ hours last night practicing the Firebrand Skrull Unblockable loop. After messing around with it for a while I've come to the conclusion that it really isn't particularly difficult and I'm really not sure why more people aren't doing it. Other than the fact that you have to be playing Firebrand and Skrull(/sentinel also possibly a meter building assist), it really doesn't have too many obvious weaknesses either.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Hey what are some good Spencer combos to start out with? I'm trying to learn to play him.

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.

Sade posted:

Seriously considering picking this game up again and building a team around The Coon. Secret top tier???

Nah, but definitely secret high tier. A few of my friends play as him and actually have gotten some great use out of him, and his bear-trap to pendulum is a great OTG.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Brett824 posted:

So I spent 3~ hours last night practicing the Firebrand Skrull Unblockable loop. After messing around with it for a while I've come to the conclusion that it really isn't particularly difficult and I'm really not sure why more people aren't doing it. Other than the fact that you have to be playing Firebrand and Skrull(/sentinel also possibly a meter building assist), it really doesn't have too many obvious weaknesses either.

I dunno about Firebrand but Skrull is p great in ultimate. Viscant places him at just below top tier.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Brett824 posted:

...I'm really not sure why more people aren't doing it.

To pile on the Viscant love, he wonders the exact same thing.

EDIT:

Clockw0rk's fans from SCR.

Too much Dog play and look what happens.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 24, 2012

duffath
May 9, 2007

Sade posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhIIYnN1y_A&lc=qLGzW9PzZ23uJOvmmho_ccu4VQdCx6yStFqiVNPHbVk&context=G2ff7f33FAAAAAAAACAA&feature=g-all-c

Dies easy, does crap damage, next to no margin for error, Still a tonne of fun to use and definitely a lot more capable than people think he is.

I'm not even that good with him, but in the right hands irritating as poo poo (back me up here Catters!!) with a tonne of different resets and mixups that allow him to open you up, pressure and reset you in a variety of different ways.

Basic damage is about 550-650k per combo depending on how many hits you use before launching them. You'll need to learn things like boulder loops to get him into the 700 region but it's a pain in the arse to learn the timing on. It's something I'm just piddling around with in training mode at the moment since I still haven't got the basic rhythm down, although an alternative is to set up guaranteed unblockables using a lock-down assist and a boulder trap.

youtube.com/user/duffath

RR video resources of varying quality here. Will try and upload some more material some time in the near future.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

duffath posted:

but in the right hands irritating as poo poo (back me up here Catters!!)
You and your Rocket Raccoon can gently caress right off mate

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Dr. Spiderman posted:

Hey what are some good Spencer combos to start out with? I'm trying to learn to play him.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ultimate-arm-bionic-arm-umvc3-spencer-combo-thread.149674/

The SRK guide is pretty good, I started playing Spencer today, I don't own the game and only play against guys and I got most of this stuff in like 2-3 tries.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Spring trap is a big fat "gently caress you" to Wolverine.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Thanks for the advice however long ago Chocolate America, but I cannot get the hang of Wesker to save my life, or his. Anyhow, the team that seems to be working out for me is Nemesis (Launcher Slam), Ironman (Unibeam), Doom (hidden Missiles). Doom and Ironman seem to be 2 of my better characters (and I can finally do the Buktooth, Now I need to do it consistantly), Nemesis seems to make a decent battery for me with those assists backing him up, but I haven't fought anyone higher level yet, anything I'm missing?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
someone won a tournament with wright, cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_5GTeoY4so&feature=plcp&context=C3d643c6UDOEgsToPDskJKxPVDCiYzeXwmqHm1n0Mg

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

It's cool but his opponent had no idea what to do or was throwing the match. He was just chilling back letting wright power up while trying to zone him? that is not what you do to wright. And he wasted so many meters on loving maya shield. It was really bad.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

PSWII60 posted:

Thanks for the advice however long ago Chocolate America, but I cannot get the hang of Wesker to save my life, or his.

No problem. No offense but I find it funny that someone who has good enough execution to do Doom's Buk loop (I can't) can't get the hang of Wesker. :)

quote:

Anyhow, the team that seems to be working out for me is Nemesis (Launcher Slam), Ironman (Unibeam), Doom (hidden Missiles). Doom and Ironman seem to be 2 of my better characters (and I can finally do the Buktooth, Now I need to do it consistantly), Nemesis seems to make a decent battery for me with those assists backing him up, but I haven't fought anyone higher level yet, anything I'm missing?

I am of the opinion that Iron Man is trash but I am a bad player and if the team works for you then roll with it!

If you're on PSN add ChiefRebelAngel and we can roll face sometime.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Hoooooooly poo poo I just had a Doctor Doom revelation. The reason I wasn't getting my dash to come out after jump S was because you have to buffer the dash after you input the S but before it hits. It all makes sense now...

e: Okay, so with that knowledge in hand (and the fact that you need to whiff that M IMMEDIATELY after the airdash to have enough time to come down and follow up), I can do the Clockwork loop somewhat consistently. I can only do one rep though, if I try to go for 2 the opponent techs out after the OTG on the second loop before I can relaunch again. Is that the limit, or am I doing something wrong? I'm starting the combo out with c.M, c.H, S like the Buktooth, if that matters.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 24, 2012

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Chocolate America posted:

No problem. No offense but I find it funny that someone who has good enough execution to do Doom's Buk loop (I can't) can't get the hang of Wesker. :)

I am of the opinion that Iron Man is trash but I am a bad player and if the team works for you then roll with it!

If you're on PSN add ChiefRebelAngel and we can roll face sometime.

No offence taken. I think my problem is that I am never sure which side I will end up on after his teleports. Or maybe I just suck with teleport characters in general. In any event, no PS3 for me.

duffath
May 9, 2007

duffath posted:

but in the right hands irritating as poo poo (back me up here Catters!!)

Cat Machine posted:

You and your Rocket Raccoon can gently caress right off mate

See?

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

The Rokstar posted:

Hoooooooly poo poo I just had a Doctor Doom revelation. The reason I wasn't getting my dash to come out after jump S was because you have to buffer the dash after you input the S but before it hits. It all makes sense now...

e: Okay, so with that knowledge in hand (and the fact that you need to whiff that M IMMEDIATELY after the airdash to have enough time to come down and follow up), I can do the Clockwork loop somewhat consistently. I can only do one rep though, if I try to go for 2 the opponent techs out after the OTG on the second loop before I can relaunch again. Is that the limit, or am I doing something wrong? I'm starting the combo out with c.M, c.H, S like the Buktooth, if that matters.

Haha I had the same revelation recently.

My execution of the foot dive corner loop isn't perfect yet and my opponent will tech out what seems randomly when I go for the s.H otg. I think it happens if you don't let the s.H get 2 hits before you relaunch. Also, how many times are you letting the j.M hit? I'm not sure what's best, but I only let it hit once before I foot-foot dive and I can get 4 reps before hitstun deterioration takes over and forces me to end with super.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

PSWII60 posted:

No offence taken. I think my problem is that I am never sure which side I will end up on after his teleports. Or maybe I just suck with teleport characters in general. In any event, no PS3 for me.

Wait why does it matter what side you are on? Air teleport you press j.S, ground teleport is c.M.

Brett824, if you can do the firebrand skrull unblockable over and over you should enter a tournament and win. It would be awesome to see someone pull that off. I think Viscant nailed the reason we haven't seen it yet when he was on wakeup srk. You have to do it perfectly a lot of times in a row to win a tournament. That's not to say it can't be done. It would be awesome to see it happen.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Dren posted:

Wait why does it matter what side you are on? Air teleport you press j.S, ground teleport is c.M.

Brett824, if you can do the firebrand skrull unblockable over and over you should enter a tournament and win. It would be awesome to see someone pull that off. I think Viscant nailed the reason we haven't seen it yet when he was on wakeup srk. You have to do it perfectly a lot of times in a row to win a tournament. That's not to say it can't be done. It would be awesome to see it happen.

It's viability has nothing to do with execution...

Watch the video. The whole video.

Did you get to the part where the opponent can just choose to get hit by the tenderizer to cause the combo to run out of meters and stop?

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

PSWII60 posted:

No offence taken. I think my problem is that I am never sure which side I will end up on after his teleports. Or maybe I just suck with teleport characters in general.

Ah OK, his spacing requirements may be your problem. That's just something you have to memorize in training mode. If you expect to be in one place and end up in another that's Bad.

Also as someone whose current team is Wesker/Vergil/Strider, all 3 having teleports, I can say that Vergil and Strider's teleports a lot easier to use because where they end up is based on your opponent's location, not their own location like Wesker.

Anyway it sounds like your team is working for you so keep practicing.

CrashTestVictim
Oct 2, 2003

...roink PERFECT.

The Rokstar posted:

I can only do one rep though, if I try to go for 2 the opponent techs out after the OTG on the second loop before I can relaunch again.

Edit: I misread, yeah just hit M sooner in the air like with the Buktooth loop. My problem initially while learning doom was usually people rolling out of relaunch online because I was hitting H really late due to latency.

CrashTestVictim fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 24, 2012

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Elephunk posted:

It's viability has nothing to do with execution...

Watch the video. The whole video.

Did you get to the part where the opponent can just choose to get hit by the tenderizer to cause the combo to run out of meters and stop?

If you use Morrigan assist and don't use an rear end combo on hit you can remain neutral (or a little big negative, but if you have a full meter at the start as buffer you can still kill an entire team if the dude puts down his controller)

Personally my problem is that I can barely play Firebrand and can't play the rest of the team at all. I'm gonna keep working at it, though.

e: I'd like to see someone way more talented than me try running the team in a serious manner though. I'd probably just choke and drop it if I was far along in a large bracket.

Brett824 fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 24, 2012

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
Strider pretty much feels like DP at this point when he has Xfactor+3 meter you are going to lose a character maybe 2 pretty much no matter what happens.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35sBlSEZFFk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Bosushi! posted:

Haha I had the same revelation recently.

My execution of the foot dive corner loop isn't perfect yet and my opponent will tech out what seems randomly when I go for the s.H otg. I think it happens if you don't let the s.H get 2 hits before you relaunch. Also, how many times are you letting the j.M hit? I'm not sure what's best, but I only let it hit once before I foot-foot dive and I can get 4 reps before hitstun deterioration takes over and forces me to end with super.
I figured out what I was doing, actually. It was a couple things. First of all I wasn't delaying enough between the two Ms in the air, because I've found that even if you do get the f.H -> S to hit if you don't space the Ms, you end up landing too far away from your opponent to follow up reliably even with a tri-jump. It seems like a good rule of thumb is you want to almost be jumping over your opponent with the second M and your footdive should hit the very top of his head. Then also I was OTG-ing with M and not H, which seems like it has a bit less hitstun. Once I had the timing right on the Ms it was a bit easier to use H OTG because I didn't feel like I was rushed at all.

The corner loop is quite a bit easier, actually. On the corner loop, the key is just keeping everything quick and solid. If you only do one M in the air, you can do 4 reps before a TK plasma beam xx air finger lasers. If you're wanting to do sphere flame or level 3 though you're right, they're going to tech out after the OTG on the 4th rep so you have to end it at 3. I've found it actually doesn't matter if the H OTG hits once or twice, in fact letting it hit twice increases the damage and meter gain.

• Locked thread