Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

TheOtherContraGuy posted:

A friend took care of her

You mean he killed her, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?

Cast No Engine posted:

You mean he killed her, right?

Booooschhhhh

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope
I got referenced at the live show for sending Seth's mom some wine!

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
You're a hero.

*PUNCH*
Jul 8, 2007
naked on the internet
Just listened to the Seattle episode. I was really impressed - I mean, these guys are pretty much the best podcasters, but I had no idea they had those kind of live chops. So good! I hope they make it to New York sometime soon.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I like how Jonathan seems to get really giddy in front of a live audience. It's endearing.

I also love to hear an audience react to poo poo the way I do. Seattle brew/marijuana/mind's eye was great and dipping back into Craig's House was a nice surprise.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

*PUNCH* posted:

Just listened to the Seattle episode. I was really impressed - I mean, these guys are pretty much the best podcasters, but I had no idea they had those kind of live chops. So good! I hope they make it to New York sometime soon.

How many episodes have you listened to? I'm just curious because they've done several live shows and the first was in Brooklyn.

I re-listened to that episode (188, I think) pretty recently and it's funny how much better they've gotten at doing live shows. They're a lot more relaxed now.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

How many episodes have you listened to? I'm just curious because they've done several live shows and the first was in Brooklyn.

I re-listened to that episode (188, I think) pretty recently and it's funny how much better they've gotten at doing live shows. They're a lot more relaxed now.

Thats weird I was just thinking they seem way less relaxed in the Seattle one than in the last live one. Jonathan is yelling a lot more than usual and Seth is still too nervous to get a word in or be funny

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I'm just comparing this episode to the first live one. I shouldn't say that they're relaxed now, but just that they're more relaxed than that first live. They're certainly better prepared.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Until listening to the Seattle show I had no idea that UYD's primary demo was hooting bros and bachelorette parties. Still Jah and Seth were in top form.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Al! posted:

Until listening to the Seattle show I had no idea that UYD's primary demo was hooting bros and bachelorette parties. Still Jah and Seth were in top form.

I think you will find this is 90% of the audience at any given comedy show any night of the week.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I liked Jah's use of vocabulary in the Seattle show, perchance and alchemy!

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

The Quake posted:

I liked Jah's use of vocabulary in the Seattle show, perchance and alchemy!

Speaking of which, listening to the backlog, around episode 18 through 20 he keeps saying "whilst" and every time he does Seth freaks out.

"I think you mean While. w-h-i-l-e." "For those of you at home who don't understand what Jonathan just said..."

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis

Al! posted:

ugh i was only like 15 feet away from that one dude who kept yelling poo poo

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006

Yanni Estacado posted:

ugh i was only like 15 feet away from that one dude who kept yelling poo poo

There's one woman in the audience who kept on wailing which put me off a bit.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Got up to the point where Seth tells the story of THE TWEEEEEEEEEIIINS and the subsequent shoutouts to it in like every episode there afterward, This is loving hilarious.

The Quake fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 23, 2012

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

That's one of those bits that make me want to slap people who listen to the show backwards. I've seen a bunch of people on the Facebook page say that they've done this and claim that they had no problem understanding all the running jokes. How can that be true and why would anyone ever do such a thing? There's no way the show could be as good listening in reverse order.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Quake posted:

Got up to the point where Seth tells the story of THE TWEEEEEEEEEIIINS and the subsequent shoutouts to it in like every episode there afterward, This is loving hilarious.

Which episode is that?

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

Which episode is that?

Episode 55 around 4 mins in.

niggerstink420
Aug 7, 2009

by T. Fine
Got mentioned in this ep. No big deal. :smug:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 26, 2020

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

niggerstink420 posted:

So much heroine did you manage to fit in that bean & cheese burrito?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

niggerstink420 posted:

Axl Rose!?

Marvin_Gardens
May 25, 2005

Ep 256 is the quintessential UYD episode:
Tweets from Khloe "I am too blessed to be stressed; I am too anointed to be disappointed" "Good morning, Tweethearts!"

TV Picks, including the elusive Jah Pick: "Arv arv arv?" "Do you mean 'avant garde'?"
"It's better than Olive Garden!"

The Murderous Mexican Midget: Seth has the BEST takes and comments, "How'd you hear about it? The BOLO on AMW? From UYD!" I can't..."

Mob poo poo: "I can't believe someone snitched on Fat Dennis!"

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009
Called UYD's 888 number - I asked them I could have one of the cards from the Seattle show.

Seth called back and left a couple minute VM... pretty nice... he sounded tired but thankful. Ending with... "Sure, call back and leave your address and I'll send you something from the show"

So I Did

2 days later I get a postcard - a card with the "TSA Finds an average of 4 firearms per day" bit... on one side and the UYD Escher 3 color design on the other.... UYD 4 Life!

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

infopimp posted:

Called UYD's 888 number - I asked them I could have one of the cards from the Seattle show.

Seth called back and left a couple minute VM... pretty nice... he sounded tired but thankful. Ending with... "Sure, call back and leave your address and I'll send you something from the show"

So I Did

2 days later I get a postcard - a card with the "TSA Finds an average of 4 firearms per day" bit... on one side and the UYD Escher 3 color design on the other.... UYD 4 Life!

post piiiiiiiiicccs!

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Seth is really the best. For all of his high-pitched, outraged rants, he's a thoughtful dude. I always enjoy getting a call from him after I've left a message.

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009
I'll post pics.

Hey if you want to hear a classic Seth rant... one of the all time best, listen to Episode 35...

Just start a few minutes in... but by 9 minutes in Seth is on absolute fire giving faux advice to pedos to SLOW THE gently caress DOWN on their game...

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

One of my favorite Seth Rants - and the one that probably got the biggest laughs out of my husband out of all the episodes I've shoved down his throat in the car - is the one about Neil Young and The Who in episode 24. "The 60's were like FIFTY YEARS AGO. Stop talking about the loving 60's!"

Another favorite is late in episode 136 where he gets so worked up talking about a then-recent Bud Light commercial touting the beverage's "drinkability" that he's nearly screaming "your beer is drinkable??? I SHOULD loving HOPE SO!" I'd consider this a good bit to show a friend if I was trying to get them into the show if only Sethro didn't somehow manage to turn it into a rant about McCain at the end. I'm not a fan of McCain either but they usually stay away from politics - like most comedy podcasts - and it's probably a wise choice.

Actually, think I'm gonna go give that one a re-re-listen now that I'm thinking about it.

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 28, 2012

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
My favorite Seth rants are any time hes ragging on old singers. Like the Bruce Springsteen one from this last episode. "Occupy...something"

Also when he made fun of Ringo Starr's new songs.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
IMPEACH HIM HE'S A JERK WITH BAD POLICIES!

http://uhhyeahdude.com/audio/soundbites/seths_impeachment.mp3

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
The Seinfeld million dollar stand up rant in one of the recent eps was amazing as well.

What's the deal with all of this money?

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
237 is my favorite episode and a great one to introduce people to the show, the guys are just so on point. It's one of the earliest I listened to, and got me hooked.

Intro: "Seth gives J-dawg 3 women and he has to be one for the rest of his life – Kim Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton: J-dawg quickly chooses Paris Hilton. If it wasn’t for the dude who Paris hosed in the sex tape, says Jah, the answer would be hands-down Paris."

"Jah tells a story about his friends who got high on cocaine and went to a gun range in the Valley on Thanksgiving Day." (as crazy as you think it's going to be)

"Mark David Chapman is the gentleman who shot and killed John Lennon outside of the Dakota in New York City on Dec. 8, 1980. He considered killing Johnny Carson but the ex-Beatle was more accessible. J-dawg said it was because he traveled through underground walkways. Seth thinks it would’ve been weird if Chapman killed Johnny Carson." (I guess you gotta just compound it up)

"A woman in Wisconsin was almost choked to death by her ex-boyfriend. She fought for her life and endured cuts and scratches on her throat and face. Her case was assigned to the Wisconsin District Attorney. The DA is also the chairman of a crime victim’s rights group. While prosecuting her case, after he met her, he sent her 30 sexual text messages in three days after meeting her. Some examples: “I’m the attorney. I have the $350,000 house. I have the six-figure career. You may be the tall, hot, young nymph, but I’m the prize. … Are you the kind of girl that likes secret conduct with an older, married, elected DA? The riskier, the better. … I want you to be so hot and treat me so well. Are you that good?” Another woman came out and said he invited her to an autopsy provided she would be his girlfriend and wear high heels and a miniskirt". (HEY CREEPY MCCREEPERSON...)

"The United Nations convened this week in NYC for the 65th General Assembly. There are 192 member states. Seth saw some examples of diplomatic immunity being used effectively..." (Got that DI)

"Seth and Jah ponder what kind of vehicle Jim Carrey drives. Jah guesses maybe a played-out Porsche just because it costs $250,000 and he’s the worst. Jah thinks maybe he might be eco and have an electric Tesla." (I just thought it was hilarious that they singled out Jim Carrey as the worst dude ever.)

"A new survey was conducted to gauge America’s acceptance of gay couples. It found that 30% felt that pets would count as family but that gay couples would not count as family. Jah doesn’t understand this."

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

RustyTrombone posted:

The Seinfeld million dollar stand up rant in one of the recent eps was amazing as well.

What's the deal with all of this money?

They've been ragging on Seinfeld in like every episode for the past few weeks and I find it funny as heck.

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009
Here is a photo of the Postcard I received from Seth...

http://uydsea.tumblr.com/post/16682015617/i-called-the-888-number-and-asked-for-something

Rudy Riot
Nov 18, 2007

I'll catch you Bran! Hmm... nevermind.

infopimp posted:

Here is a photo of the Postcard I received from Seth...

http://uydsea.tumblr.com/post/16682015617/i-called-the-888-number-and-asked-for-something

That's super awesome. I've only texted Jonathan before, but I'll have to call the 888 number and leave a message.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

What's the ep number of the live show where Jah talks about his apprenticeship at a tattoo parlor and his gay encounters with an artist who works there?

This is important.

vvvv You are a saint

Professor Latency fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 30, 2012

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Professor Latency posted:

What's the ep number of the live show where Jah talks about his apprenticeship at a tattoo parlor and his gay encounters with an artist who works there?

This is important.
266. Also includes Jah & Amir's Aaron Neville/Linda Ronstadt serenade to Seth.

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009
Hey UYDers.. I'm trying to find the source audio for the Outro on Episode 303 Dec 25th 2011... "Hollywood Nights" lead vocal track a cappella.

Posted on the UhhYeahDude forums but taking a shot here as well... anyone got a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

infopimp posted:

Hey UYDers.. I'm trying to find the source audio for the Outro on Episode 303 Dec 25th 2011... "Hollywood Nights" lead vocal track a cappella.

Posted on the UhhYeahDude forums but taking a shot here as well... anyone got a link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHdboNjPnRs&feature=youtube_gdata_player