Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spooky attic
Jun 17, 2009

Ineffective at haunting cartridges.
Welp, everyone's going to get eaten by a worm monster.

It's been fun, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

abbic posted:

It's been fun, guys.

Just their souls. Their bodies will be fine.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Then they'll be ready for a career in IT!

(Animated, wait for it)

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

abbic posted:

It's been fun, guys.

Given Red's reaction, I doubt the monster will be as dangerous as it seems. I think it'll be a Lindsey type deal, except rather than being a mom-like personality the worm will probably just be a big jerk.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Wahad posted:

Given Red's reaction, I doubt the monster will be as dangerous as it seems. I think it'll be a Lindsey type deal, except rather than being a mom-like personality the worm will probably just be a big jerk.
I'm going to guess she's not going to actually summon some kind of horror. It'll probably be some kind of Mortesce illusion.

Speaking of Mort, have we ever seen him while Annie was in the spirit whatever?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
10 bucks it's a tiny earthworm.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
Is it just me or do the glowy patterns on the teacher's clothes look somewhat like the weird etheric/scientific hybrid computer thing Anja and Donald have been doing occasionally?

This thing.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Forget telekinesis/being some sort of firebird, clearly the most awesome power involved here is being able to sleep/play while still passively learning in class.

Hopefully they can teach Annie how to do it. Seems like she could use the help.

Spooky Candle
Dec 2, 2011

In Nature, death is but a gateway to New Life.

Zenzirouj posted:

Ooh, this one rules.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Oh, no she's summoning a mongolian death worm*!

*Actual Mongolian death worms not to scale.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Spooky Candle posted:

Ooh, this one rules.
When you quoted it I noticed the face was a little off center and my inner sperg couldn't let it go

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Available:

Bugger, I just got some money and was going to take this one, but it's too big :(.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Isorenieratane posted:

Bugger, I just got some money and was going to take this one, but it's too big :(.

A cleverer person than me might be able to do this better, but here's a smaller, grainier version that fits:

If you're willing to chop out an animal, it should be possible to do a version with a bit better quality than that.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Sniper Party posted:

Is it just me or do the glowy patterns on the teacher's clothes look somewhat like the weird etheric/scientific hybrid computer thing Anja and Donald have been doing occasionally?

This thing.

This is actually what I'm most curious about in this comic. I don't think we've seen any other characters whose clothes glow in the ether

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Zeeman posted:

This is actually what I'm most curious about in this comic. I don't think we've seen any other characters whose clothes glow in the ether

Not clothes, per se, but the ethereal versions of Ysengrin and Coyote both have the same kind of markings and glow:

It might be that particularly powerful/experienced/old individuals have this, for lack of a better word, ethereal circuitry on them? Notice how much more of it Coyote has, too.

idonotlikepeas fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 23, 2012

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Good to know that the teacher is in on the whole thing as well. Darn that Blue for ruining her nap time.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Thank you very much, magical goon who got me a new avatar/title! :3:

On the subject of how the Folely students talk, in my head I find it very goofy, like someone took heavy accents from New York, England, Boston, etc. and put it into a gigantic pot and we get a vocal stew of silly talking.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I'm going to guess she's not going to actually summon some kind of horror. It'll probably be some kind of Mortesce illusion.

Speaking of Mort, have we ever seen him while Annie was in the spirit whatever?

Nope, we haven't seen Mort in the ether world. Which now makes me curious as to whether he would change forms or not...

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Nondevor posted:

Nope, we haven't seen Mort in the ether world. Which now makes me curious as to whether he would change forms or not...

Well, Jeanne looked pretty kickin' in the ether.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Kismet posted:

Goddamn it what have we told you about linking pages, there goes my homework time.

Phil Resch
May 11, 2006
Goon Through Charity (And Don't I Forget It)

Talorat posted:

Goddamn it what have we told you about linking pages, there goes my homework time.

Whaaat?! You's don't need your mind to learn dat junk! You's must be pretty stupid!*

(*I don't really think you're stupid.)

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Talorat posted:

Goddamn it what have we told you about linking pages

That it's awesome! Here are 4 I got just now from http://randomgunnerkrigg.heroku.com
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=855 this was when robot was distracting kat on annie's behalf!
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=229 this was when Reynardine was creepy!!
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=548 this was Eglamore was in trouble!!!
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=67 this was when someone was trying to get Paz's pretty eyes!!!!
:mmmhmm:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Before I lose any more of the evening to reading gunnerkrigg, I don't recall seeing an avatar of the last panel in this page: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=856

I'm not sure if croppable with the hands, but I'm sure someone would like it if it isn't already made.

And I just read half of that chapter and half of the next one. Always good to reread.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Kismet posted:

Huh, look at that. I'm starting to think Annie no longer being tied to the blinker stone might end up being very important once it comes time to deal with Jeanne.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Isorenieratane posted:

I gave it a try.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Cozz posted:

Before I lose any more of the evening to reading gunnerkrigg, I don't recall seeing an avatar of the last panel in this page: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=856

I'm not sure if croppable with the hands, but I'm sure someone would like it if it isn't already made.

And I just read half of that chapter and half of the next one. Always good to reread.

Something like these?

Edit: poo poo I'm doing instead of paying work:

ephphatha fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 24, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ephphatha posted:

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I was messing around with that panel to see if I could get the hand to animate but it didn't really work. However I did end up with this:

"no annie that is not how you high-five"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
"That's the International Hand Symbol for hacking"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

nothings
Sep 29, 2008
More from that page.

If someone should want to animate the annie vs robot thing, here's the base art at original comic size, since I had to redraw what was under the speech bubble and some misc other stuff.

nothings fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jan 24, 2012

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

SynthOrange posted:

Okay, I figure this is as good a time and place as any to ask what the hell is up with the fingers thing I keep seeing.

So, what the hell is up with the fingly thing?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing whatever blue has planned blowing up in her face.... hopefully.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Have we ever seen Jones from the perspective of the ether? I don't think so. All of a sudden, for some reason, I am extremely interested to find out what that might look like.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Filthy Haiku posted:

Okay, I figure this is as good a time and place as any to ask what the hell is up with the fingers thing I keep seeing.

So, what the hell is up with the fingly thing?

I think it's an Adventure Time reference?

http://imgur.com/VRxi8

(Spoilers for episode 'No one can hear you')

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

idonotlikepeas posted:

A cleverer person than me might be able to do this better, but here's a smaller, grainier version that fits:

If you're willing to chop out an animal, it should be possible to do a version with a bit better quality than that.

Took this one, thanks.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Thanks for the various text suggestions guys, but I decided to stay with a GK quote.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Thanks Ephphatha for the giffing...I think I'll use this is a quote.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Did anyone else find the exchange with the teacher, aside from being kinda funny, but also kinda pointless? Did Blue get the book from her? The teacher didn't give a crap and just wanted to go back to sleep. I guess I'm just overthinking it, just that part of that page seemed kinda pointless.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

GROOONK!

Some brilliant faces today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There goes any chance of a good nap.