Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

VaultAggie posted:

Is this the one at Barton Creek? If so, did they have the Joust for sale? I've been meaning to pick it up.

I was there 2 weeks ago and they had it for sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UngorEatStefan
Oct 23, 2004
Street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm.
Any AFOL fans in the Pittsburgh area - or more importantly an AFOL fans in Pittsburgh have the lowdown on where one might procure some S6 Minifigs?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Merchant of Death posted:

the power armor is the tripod of the year. alien conquests tripod was awesome for something so simple as is the power armor.

plus they are perfect sizes to fight each other

I did this last Saturday and now it is sitting on my desk in the office. I will say it goes great with my mini figs, the Star Wars Advent Calendar ships and my Optimus Prime.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I was there 2 weeks ago and they had it for sale.

Awesome, I'll check it out this weekend and see what I can pick up. On another note, I got this as a late Christmas gift yesterday.

It's pretty neat but I wish there weren't so many drat stickers. Plus, there's not enough room in the cabin for the people. Still, it does actually float and it's a good place to store some extra minifigs.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

7thBatallion posted:

So what's the consensus on the Logo Architecture series? I'm tempted to pick up the Guggenheim Museum, or maybe 30 Rock as my frost LEGO set in over a decade...

I have the Guggenheim, I agree with Travis343. It was a decent set and it looks nice but it's definitely overpriced. Same with the Space Needle and the Empire State Building. On the other hand, I don't feel this way about the Fallingwater and I can't recommend it enough. I think it's the smaller sets that are more overpriced.

I bought the Gateway Of The Squid Atlantis set the other day at TJMaxx for $20. The huge squid hovering over the set is the coolest goddamn thing.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

GidgetNomates posted:

I bought the Gateway Of The Squid Atlantis set the other day at TJMaxx for $20. The huge squid hovering over the set is the coolest goddamn thing.

Derail, but this post confused the hell out of me. In the UK we have two discount/end line department stores, TKmaxx and TJHughes, apparently the former is the same parent company as your TJmaxx but had to be renamed over here to avoid being mixed up with the latter.

OK back to lego now

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

UngorEatStefan posted:

Any AFOL fans in the Pittsburgh area - or more importantly an AFOL fans in Pittsburgh have the lowdown on where one might procure some S6 Minifigs?

Does Five Below have them? I've only been on Target, and they don't.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The Five Below in Ross Park had S5 minifigs when I was there before Christmas

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Yeah I've gotten older ones there but not series six.

Why the hell doesn't the Ross Park Mall have a Lego store, it has all this other snooty / trendy / expensive stuff. How about someplace I'd actually go?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yeah I've gotten older ones there but not series six.

Why the hell doesn't the Ross Park Mall have a Lego store, it has all this other snooty / trendy / expensive stuff. How about someplace I'd actually go?

If you drive a wee bit into Ohio there's the Ohio Valley Mall, which is a terrible terrible terrible mall (There's two tractor stores and three! indoor mini-golf places)

but it has an independent Lego store which will just sell you the minifigs for like $5. They also have unique minifigs from sets like Speed Racer and stuff like that

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
I'm in Pittsburgh (and actually work at the Ross Park Mall - there IS a toy store that focuses on "educational" toys and has a huge wall of just Lego, I think it's by JC Penney on the second floor? I don't remember) and haven't seen any S6 yet though I haven't been searching.

Plenty of S5 at the local Walmarts though. Yikes!

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Yes please! :D That works out because I won't be able to pay you until next week anyway, things are a bit hectic this weekend.

I was able to pick one up :dance:

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

To some people, this would be a TV alcove.

gently caress that noise :hellyeah:

My TV is too big to fit there anyway

Pseudo-God
Mar 13, 2006

I just love oranges!
There was some interest a couple of days ago for this UK Exclusive promo set:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=30029-1
I am willing to trade one of these for about 7-10$ worth of Lego. Just make me an offer with your cool stuff and we can sort it out.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Hard to tell on my phone...but is that a mini scale shuttle on the base of the ucs one?

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Elendil004 posted:

Hard to tell on my phone...but is that a mini scale shuttle on the base of the ucs one?

Yes. :v: It was from this year's star wars advent calendar.

I kinda want to put together a mini scale jedi starfighter the same way.

Lord Ryan
Nov 10, 2011
Did the minifig gamble at Walmart.

Lord Ryan
Nov 10, 2011

GidgetNomates posted:

I have the Guggenheim, I agree with Travis343. It was a decent set and it looks nice but it's definitely overpriced. Same with the Space Needle and the Empire State Building. On the other hand, I don't feel this way about the Fallingwater and I can't recommend it enough. I think it's the smaller sets that are more overpriced.

I really really want the Robie House, but I can't bring myself to pay $200 for it.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Just before Christmas it was down to like $120 on Amazon, I wish I had the money for it then. :(

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:

Lord Ryan posted:

I really really want the Robie House, but I can't bring myself to pay $200 for it.

Same here :(

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
Okay I just got back from London's Toyfair where I got to see some Lego.

I don't know what's the latest public knowledge about these, but we got to see the Marvel, LOTR and Monster Fighters sets, all of which I took some notes on. We weren't allowed to take photos unfortunately...

Marvel sets due to be available 8th April

Captain America's Avenging Cycle £11.99

• Captain America
  • Some guy with a transparent head and plain black torso/legs. Not sure who this is. Placeholder?

Quinjet Aerial Battle £69.99

Huge set, about a foot-long
  • Iron Man (with flip-up helmet) looks fantastic.
  • Black Cat

Hulk Helicarrier Breakout £49.99

• Hawkeye
  • Thor
  • Hulk
  • Loki

Wolverine's bike £19.99
  • Wolverine - holds claws and has the familar widows peak hairpiece
  • Magneto
  • Deadpool

Cosmic Cube Escape £19.99

• Hawkeye
  • Iron Man
  • Loki
  • Iron Man (holding trans light blue 1x1 round plates under his hands

LOTR

The ring fits over a minifig's hand. Can see this getting lost easily.

Every minifig has back printing on their torso and an alternate face - Frodo's is possessed kind of look

Gollum fig has his head moulded on the his body. Legs don't move but the fig looks good. Arms are like droid arms but more normal hands.

The rearing horses back legs move so they can stand properly.

Helms Deep £99.99

Attack on Weathertop £49.99

Mines of Moria £69.99

Shelob's Attack £19.99

Uruk Hai Army £29.99

Gandalf Arrives £11.99

Orc Forge £29.99

Monster Fighters - due in August in time for Halloween

Vampyre Castle £79.99

Features bat creatures with new webbed arms

Ghost Train (wings flap as it moves along) £59.99

Mad Professor and Monster £39.99 - seems the professor is exactly the same as the collectible minifigure.

Vampyre Hearse £24.99

The Werewolf £17.99

The Mummy £8.99

The Swamp Creature £4.99

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Any details on the Orc Forge set? It was the only one not in the leaked images.

And thanks for posting this stuff. Shame about the pics though :( Not that I'll be getting any of them at those prices. Have to wait for sales and stuff I guess.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 24, 2012

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Gravy Jones posted:

Any details on the Orc Forge set? It was the only one not in the leaked images.

Ans thanks for posting this stuff. Shame about the pics though :(

I didn't realize there was one that hadn't been spoiled. It's unlikely given the subject, but any chance we can make the whole Fellowship?

edit: Brickipedia actually reports they're all gonna be available. Awesome, I thought we found there were some missing.

Ville Valo fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 24, 2012

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Ville Valo posted:

I didn't realize there was one that hadn't been spoiled. It's unlikely given the subject, but any chance we can make the whole Fellowship?

Based on the preliminary stuff:

Gandalf Arrives + Shelob + Weathertop + Moria = Whole Fellowship. Minimal duplicates as well.

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
We were told we'd need to purchase all seven sets to get a complete Fellowship.

Apparently the Orc Forge has a winch... that's about all any of us remember.

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:

MichaelFlatley posted:

LOTR

The ring fits over a minifig's hand. Can see this getting lost easily.

Every minifig has back printing on their torso and an alternate face - Frodo's is possessed kind of look

Gollum fig has his head moulded on the his body. Legs don't move but the fig looks good. Arms are like droid arms but more normal hands.

The rearing horses back legs move so they can stand properly.

Any thoughts on the look of the sets? Are they super awesome or were we better off with just more Kingdoms?

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Boromir and Gimli look pretty loving cool. I'll have to get a better look at the other ones but right now they don't look like anything special.

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
The sets look pretty cool, noticeably a lot darker in tone (and colour), then but the high prices really put me off.

Helm's Deep explodes. The set comes with an Orc bombardier guy and there's a button which explodes the wall.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

MichaelFlatley posted:

The sets look pretty cool, noticeably a lot darker in tone (and colour), then but the high prices really put me off.

Helm's Deep explodes. The set comes with an Orc bombardier guy and there's a button which explodes the wall.

I would expect nothing less from the Helm's Deep set. The mini-figs look great and I am really looking forward to it. Also the Marvel sets might be of some interest to my son and I would like to see some pictures of them as well. The new heroes line came as a shock to me when I put them on the shelves for Christmas.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh awesome, I'm off to the Toy Fair tomorrow, I was hoping the Lego LOTR stuff would be there.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

MichaelFlatley posted:

We were told we'd need to purchase all seven sets to get a complete Fellowship.

Which is odd given that two of the sets don't actually have any Fellowship members in them (and one only has duplicates). So something doesn't add up!

Obviously the most important question is... do the hobbits have movable legs? Doesn't look like it in the promo image.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

They're the same as yoda legs, arent they?

I will be buying that loving hearse on day 1
VvvvvvvvV

Sockser fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 24, 2012

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
I know everyone's pumped about LOTR, but is anyone else feelings like they can't wait for the Monster Fighter sets? I really want them.

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002

Gravy Jones posted:

Obviously the most important question is... do the hobbits have movable legs? Doesn't look like it in the promo image.

Nope, no movable legs for Hobbits. Which sets don't have members of the Fellowship?

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002

GidgetNomates posted:

I know everyone's pumped about LOTR, but is anyone else feelings like they can't wait for the Monster Fighter sets? I really want them.

They look really fun and the sets have a nice lot of features! But there does seem to be a lot of duplication from the collectible minifig line. The new ghost looks fantastic, as does the new Werewolf head piece.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do the Mines of Moria come with a Balrog?

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

GidgetNomates posted:

I couldn't care less about LOTR but Monster Fights is going to be sweet as heck.

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002

Cbouncerrun posted:

Do the Mines of Moria come with a Balrog?

Yep, about as big as the Hulk fig. Very nice.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

GidgetNomates posted:

They're gonna be TRU exclusives :(
Still want them bad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Only one more installment of the Lego MBA program. Has there been any word on if it will be continuing? Overall I've been pretty satisfied by it.