Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

1st AD posted:

The dude didn't even bother doing any research on the topic beyond the minimum. Basically just looked up whatever press release they had on the Xbox site and then wrote about it.

Honestly,it's been months since I'd read Ars, and going back, it looks like they're really in the shitter right now. It's too bad, because they really did have some nice articles in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MMAJunkieGeorge posted:

it's clear from the face-off that aj is really a welterweight. he needs to go back.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Vigor should fight BJ at 177 and then challenge GSP/Diaz/Condit in 2013.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Remember when it was announced that Snowden was no longer with bloodyelbow, and he insisted that he hadn't been fired but was "moving on to bigger and better things"?

http://bleacherreport.com/users/689391-jonathan-snowden

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

fatherdog posted:

Remember when it was announced that Snowden was no longer with bloodyelbow, and he insisted that he hadn't been fired but was "moving on to bigger and better things"?

http://bleacherreport.com/users/689391-jonathan-snowden

he has 7 bleacher report achievements. show some respect.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bleacher Report has enough money to bribe Google and still pay a handful of writers.
This is probably a good job.

And if he thinks money is worth more than showing contempt for readers and getting into comment sections flame wars, choosing to leave Bloody Elbow makes a ton of sense.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
While Josh Gross was discussing the UFC fighter pay story with John Barr on his most recent ESPN podcast, Gross made an open challenge invitation for Dana White to come on his podcast to talk "for as long as he wants, unedited."

It's a shame that given their history this will probably never happen, because the potential hilarity of putting those two in a booth together for a couple of hours is really unlimited.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Dana peaked at Josh "save the whales" Gross. It'd just be a Mayweather-esque manbaby affair with Dana crying about him not talking about the positives, reading from a fact sheet, and then talking about TUF4/the one time he asked if there was a tripod around prefaced with "listen, what you have to understand about this guy is". Also Gross would tersely respond to every insult with "alright, mmhmm. ok" and then admire his threadbare scalp in a mirror covered with photos of Fedor.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
That's a fair point.

Perhaps we can increase podcast buys by bringing in an incendiary third party to make it a triple threat match of some kind?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I'd be down for a coked up Randleman as a debate moderator yelling and screaming about Tito Ortiz and how he's purposefully not going to have sex because of him or whatever crazy poo poo he's up to this week

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Chimney Sweeps Week posted:

and then admire his threadbare scalp in a mirror covered with photos of Fedor.

It's also kind of ironic that in the background there are ads for bodybuilding and vitamins and poo poo and he looks like some kind of disoriented, decrepit homeless person in a suit.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I would definitely expect a guy who really cares about MMA to be in very good shape, like the posters here

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

I would definitely expect a guy who really cares about MMA to be in very good shape, like the posters here

I have a gut. I love MMA. I trained. It hurt. Lost some gut though.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

i think that "lumpy pile of mashed potatoes" is a very good shape

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

david carmichael posted:

well, after you stuff it in a condom, yeah

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
i stuff the condom before i mash the potatoes

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bundt Cake posted:

i stuff the condom before i mash the potatoes

Rheinhold doesn't :)

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

david carmichael posted:

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

fatherdog posted:

hahaha

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

david carmichael posted:

hahaha

I agree

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

I legit don't understand the mentality of enjoying/commenting on sports but being obese and not ever participating in any way what so ever in them

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Have you ever talked about whether or not you liked a song without actually ever having written and produced one? What about commented on a movie without ever having made one?

Do you have opinions on books without ever having written your own?

It's the same thing.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Those of us who lack the muscle mass for martial arts and/or the drive to occasionally go outside simply rely on others to bleed for our amusement.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
Pretty sure you don't have to be in shape to fight in the UFC look at HW

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If being a skinny doofus of a UFC fan who hasn't thrown a punch in anger since 4th grade and never wrestled is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Doing MMA taught me that I can vomit and almost pass out from strafing in a circle with other men strafing in a circle.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Doing MMA taught me that I can vomit and almost pass out from strafing in a circle with other men strafing in a circle.

big deal, i can do that without strafing in a circle

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

mewse posted:

big deal, i can do that without strafing in a circle

But can you do this?!

: throws a switch kick and promptly falls over :

AlteredAtronach
Jul 13, 2009

fatherdog posted:

[url=https://twitter.com/#!/shiroobi/status/154806918983069696]

[url=https://twitter.com/#!/shiroobi/status/154809706400059392]

To be honest the fake interview probably would've been indistinguishable from the real thing.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/29/2755228/ufc-on-fox-2-judo-chop-charles-oliveira-beats-eric-wisely-with-a-calf

wikipedia vandalism is news

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I saw that earlier and it irked me. I know it's bloodyelbow but still. You might as well run a piece on what your friend said during the fights.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

Captain Log posted:

But can you do this?!

: throws a switch kick and promptly falls over :

i did that and bruised near my knee on a concrete floor and it's got a calcified lump on it now that swells up whenever i knee things a lot

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
The recently mentioned yet indisputable fact that MMA media is afraid of the internet reminded me that last week Josh Gross made the very specific claim on his podcast that he is "not an Anonymous" while discussing the distinction between UFC's website being hacked vs. DNS re-routing.

I think I speak for Dana in saying that this denial is very suspicious, and proof that we should enact SOPA immediately so that we can remove this type of terrorist presence from the internet.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
I actually saw that as it happened, there was also an ongoing battle to remove and reinstate the prelims for some reason. The key difference here is that I didn't post it a "news" site.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

I saw that earlier and it irked me. I know it's bloodyelbow but still. You might as well run a piece on what your friend said during the fights.

bloodyelbow loves toeing that fine line between poorly written articles and mma forum posts

syxxcowz
Jan 27, 2006

by angerbeet

quote:

They got lucky when Shu Hirata says they got a free roll of a few million bucks for a sold show from Dentsu, Japan’s second largest ad agency. So, what did UFC do? They went the Vince McMahon route. Book an Americanized show that, for traditional Japanese fight fans, has no tribute to their past glory days or history. The matchmaking of the show does not touch on any past or present cultural themes. It’s just a straight-up UFC card. Now, in most other countries on this planet, this card is perfectly acceptable for a mid-range show. However, we’re dealing with Japan here and the Japanese are prideful people.

http://www.fightopinion.com/2011/11/27/ufc-japan-2012-card/

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

gimpsuitjones posted:

i did that and bruised near my knee on a concrete floor and it's got a calcified lump on it now that swells up whenever i knee things a lot

Just yell "WHITE POWER" when you knee things to signify your Pat Barry levels of jui jitsu. That should help.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

For what it's worth, Shu Hirata himself actually says there's a sizable contingent of modern MMA fans in Japan who don't remember or give a poo poo about PRIDE, and that that's who's mostly buying the tickets. Considering the show's sold 15,000 so far, I'm more inclined to listen to him than Zach Arnold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

fatherdog posted:

For what it's worth, Shu Hirata himself actually says there's a sizable contingent of modern MMA fans in Japan who don't remember or give a poo poo about PRIDE, and that that's who's mostly buying the tickets. Considering the show's sold 15,000 so far, I'm more inclined to listen to him than Zach Arnold.

Yeah. I don't see how selling 15,000 tickets means this show is close to being a failure.

• Locked thread