Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

i would love it barca used a gradient in their shirt. love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Pissflops posted:

These are all just made up whats the point in this I dont understand.

It matches all the made up rumours in the transfer thread, personally I can't wait for the made up matchday threads.

good luck kitten
Aug 18, 2004

Tripping the light fantastic

Hardflip posted:

i would love it barca used a gradient in their shirt. love it

I'm pretty sure everyone who isn't a Barca fan would be crapping themselves from laughing so hard. :negative:

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

sweek0 posted:

Are there any clubs with gradient shirts that look alright, or does it not really work on actual textiles?

I think Dortmund's kits either this year or last featured a gradient, and it looked really nice. A few French teams have had them, as well, to good effect. But these Barca ones...not so much.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I can see it now for the next Newcastle strip, rather than traditional stripes just a constantly changing black/white gradient

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jose posted:

I can see it now for the next Newcastle strip, rather than traditional stripes just a constantly changing black/white gradient

Inter's shirt from last year had a pattern that looked like a gradient when you weren't close it it. Of course blue/black isn't as big of a contrast as black/white.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

ragle posted:

Love that 3rd kit.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

ragle posted:

Those look nice, are they going put the crest somewhere else or just going to use the bird?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Those look nice, are they going put the crest somewhere else or just going to use the bird?

They're not real.

However, people on RAWK who reckon they've seen the kit say we have gone back to the old "Liverbird/LFC" crest. The current crest has only been around since 1992.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I'd be very surprised. It's much nicer, but isn't the reason why most clubs have changed their crest because it's difficult to copywrite the old ones?

Botany As Optimism
Aug 2, 2008
No way they're abandoning the current crest for the Liverbird, at least, not without traditional levels of #SCOUSEHYSTERIA. The Gates are a memorial to Shankly and the flames are from the Hillsborough Memorial on there...

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

I don't think there'd be many complaints about going back to the old crest.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Predicted number of complaints: 0

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

They're still not going to change it, though.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
This is true.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Mickolution posted:

copywrite

£$^£%&$£&£$&£$&%£

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Dudley posted:

£$^£%&$£&£$&£$&%£

Whoops :)

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Mickolution posted:

I don't think there'd be many complaints about going back to the old crest.

Another awesome mockup

:allears:

(it won't happen)

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Not as bad as the mockup, but still p. bad :-/

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

NattyBo posted:

It's the same?

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

c0burn posted:

Another awesome mockup

:allears:

(it won't happen)

That is a pretty awesome shirt, its pretty much the same as the one we had a couple of years ago, but red, obviously.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
honestly as long as it's fairly simple and not all baggy and stupid then it should be okay, we don't have stripes or hoops to mess up

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

not luvd posted:

It's the same?

Either way it's abysmal. Sorry NattyBo. Don't see how it's so easy to gently caress up vertical stripes.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

NattyBo posted:

Is Barca trying to sabotage their kit sales? After this years horrors, I didn't think they could do worse but...

Also, I thought the Qatar crap for one year only?

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Is Barca trying to sabotage their kit sales? After this years horrors, I didn't think they could do worse but...

Also, I thought the Qatar crap for one year only?

Pretty sure that deal was a 5 year/150 million euro deal. I'm just suprised they decided not to atleast make the logo a little less horrible. Well, I'm not really suprised.

fake edit: According to the first sites I saw it was a 150m deal until 2016.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

NattyBo posted:

Ahahahah YES YES

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
It's hard to come up with an uglier shirt for Barcelona

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
My Milan away and France home arrived today and they are both awesome.

Borzou
Aug 22, 2010

Iranian Dentist

poty posted:

It's hard to come up with an uglier shirt for Barcelona

Be careful for what you wish for.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

brows mcgobshite posted:

usually about three weeks, sometimes less. i actually ordered the current liverpool home shirt yesterday as a present to myself (:rms:) and it said 14-20 days which seems about right from what i remember from previous orders

8 days owned waithavers :hehe:

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
A guy on the monumentally shite Bluemoon City forum has heard that the new City kit will have black trim and a blacked out badge, this is the mock up he created based on what he supposedly knows, I quite like it.

good luck kitten
Aug 18, 2004

Tripping the light fantastic

NattyBo posted:

It's loving shite, and just as bad as the mockup. It looks like they let some 12 year old fiddle around with Wordart settings in Microsoft Word.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
That Barca shirt is dogshit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I really hope the next Newcastle top is proper stripes rather than what we have now

Elim Rawne
Jan 20, 2012

NattyBo posted:

Gradients ? Really ? This is horrible

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

TheGoatFeeder posted:

A guy on the monumentally shite Bluemoon City forum has heard that the new City kit will have black trim and a blacked out badge, this is the mock up he created based on what he supposedly knows, I quite like it.

They forgot to put the League Winners badge on it.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

TheGoatFeeder posted:

That is a really nice shirt.

BISCUIT_TINS
Dec 23, 2008

TheGoatFeeder posted:

lordy lordy that is beautiful

i must say i do love a good mockup

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I wish people cared enough about Norwich to make up pretend shirts for us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Jose posted:

I really hope the next Newcastle top is proper stripes rather than what we have now

Like this you mean? Pretend Northern Rock says Virgin Money.