Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.

GauchoMatador posted:

At this point, as the wedding is approaching, I'm more and more tempted to just go with solid black and maybe pair it with a cream or ivory sash and colorful necklace to break it up a bit. That's a second debate entirely: bridesmaids wearing black. I've seen it done so tastefully and often lately that it can't be a faux pas anymore, right? Although it is late spring and afternoon wedding...and I wonder what the older generations in attendance might think.

Your thoughts are appreciated. :)

I had my bridesmaids wear black dresses with matching jewelry and nobody in my gossipy, hoighy-toighty family said anything negative about it. Our wedding was in July, late afternoon. I think the trick is accessorizing with color which keeps it looking like classy wedding attire instead of feeling like a funeral march with everyone in all black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GauchoMatador
Jan 14, 2012

Kitten Kisses posted:

I had my bridesmaids wear black dresses with matching jewelry and nobody in my gossipy, hoighy-toighty family said anything negative about it. Our wedding was in July, late afternoon. I think the trick is accessorizing with color which keeps it looking like classy wedding attire instead of feeling like a funeral march with everyone in all black.

Nice!

Oh oh! I am reminded: bright shoes for a pop of color are a distinct possibility. I like that idea a lot.

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed

GauchoMatador posted:

I love the idea of predominantly white with a simple black pattern and colorful bouquets.

That's a second debate entirely: bridesmaids wearing black. I've seen it done so tastefully and often lately that it can't be a faux pas anymore, right? Although it is late spring and afternoon wedding...and I wonder what the older generations in attendance might think.

I've seen both in weddings in the last few years. I didn't hear anybody making negative comments in either situation, and the bridesmaids all looked lovely.

The black and white dresses were a heavy black silhouette of a flower pattern on a white background - maybe 50/50 black and white, leaning towards more black. It was great, but I was really embarrassed when I showed up in an extremely similar dress as a guest. Even some of the family members momentarily thought I was one of the bridal party when I walked by. So there's that!

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Knockknees posted:

I've seen both in weddings in the last few years. I didn't hear anybody making negative comments in either situation, and the bridesmaids all looked lovely.

On the other side of the anecdotal coin, I've never met someone who was a bidesmaid who liked black, often because people either don't wear black meaning they'll never get use out of the dress again, or because it's still considered funeral-y.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
So while doing my online browsing I think I found the dress
http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-A-linegown-with-beaded-lace-T8580_Buy-Online-Bridal-Gowns-All-Gowns
And an image for those who don't want to go to the site

and the back

I'm in love with this dress, the beading is gorgeous and the fit is what I've always had in mind for a wedding dress.

I've heard amazing things about David's Bridal, and the dress is reasonably priced + free shipping. I'm a size 4 with other dresses I wear, but should I order a size 6 just in case and have it taken in by a seamstress?

Also, we want to go to Japan for our honeymoon. We will probably be checking out local travel agencies/Sears travel but does anyone have good experiences with online booking?

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 16, 2012

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Toriori posted:

I've heard amazing things about David's Bridal, and the dress is reasonably priced + free shipping. I'm a size 4 with other dresses I wear, but should I order a size 6 just in case and have it taken in by a seamstress?

They're a chain. You should go down to your nearest D.B and try the dress on in person. If they don't have it in stock, they will (pretty sure?) order the dress from a store that has it so that you can try it on.

Don't go off of sizes + hoping for the best on something like your wedding dress. You don't want to get screwed over on something like that. If there really isn't a David's Bridal near you, then go with the 6, but remember that sizing will vary across dressmakers. One designer's 6 might be another one's 8, etc. Trying it on really is your best bet if possible!

Sundae fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 16, 2012

GauchoMatador
Jan 14, 2012

Toriori posted:

I too strongly advise trying the dress on, not only for sizing purposes, but also to be certain it's "the one." It looks absolutely gorgeous, but I saw a number in the course of my online searches that for whatever reason didn't have the "wow" factor in person/on me. Or sometimes they were uncomfortable or didn't "feel" right. Because of how long shipping takes and the no-return policy, this is not a decision to rush into. Try it and some others on - you never know what might grab you, and besides, it's fun! :)

GauchoMatador
Jan 14, 2012

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

On the other side of the anecdotal coin, I've never met someone who was a bidesmaid who liked black, often because people either don't wear black meaning they'll never get use out of the dress again, or because it's still considered funeral-y.

That's interesting! So far my bridesmaids seem pretty on board precisely because adding another little black dress to the wardrobe never hurts. My Maid of Honor swears she'll buy the David's Bridal one we tried in black even if I don't opt for it in the end. That made me lean more toward it than ever.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Thanks, unfortunately I don't have a D.B near where I live, I'm in Canada so the closest one is in Duluth. The size chart seems pretty accurate but maybe I'll hold off then. I understand about the whole how it might not feel like "the one" even if it might look it.

And of course I do want to try on heaps and heaps of dresses:blush:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Speaking of dresses, I'm finally moving forward with this wedding thing. We set a date and a place and on saturday the 28th i'm going to Wai Ching Studio to meet with Chrissy to try on dresses! It's so incredibly cool to meet the designer!

It's sort of weird because i'm not going to have a wedding party and I don't really have any females close to me so i'm just bringing my fiancee. I don't know anything about weddings except what i've been reading online and watching on sunday TV.

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

I saw the exact opposite reaction where my girls were psyched they could get a new "little black dress" and actually have worn it since the wedding. One girl ended up just wearing a dress she already had and looked fabulous.

So I guess the best answer is to just talk to your bridesmaids and see how they feel, assuming that you care ;D

Closet Nerd
Feb 21, 2011
I am personally not a fan of black dresses, only because black is a terrible color for me to wear on top (think ghostly) no one wants that in their wedding pictures haha. I also am not a fan of black bridesmaids only because I think it is kinda funeralish, but I see and understand how people feel black = formal.

As for David's Bridal Toriori, I am surprised to here you say that you have heard great things about David's Bridal?! In my personal experience they are terrible customer service, quality is just eehh, and one only has to do a quick review search to find horror stories. David's Bridal started as a warehouse store for wedding stresses and is only slightly updated from that presently. I suggest looking up the recent David's Bridal incident where their sub company Priscilla of Boston destroyed beautiful gowns at the closing of their stores instead of donating to charity. They issued an apology but after damage was done. It is a shame they rather destory thousands of dollars of designer wear instead of give some bride the dress of her dreams.

The benefits about DB's is fast delivery, and lower prices. However it isn't hard to find a gorgeous well made dress for less, search for sample sales. That is how I got my designer $2500 dress for $500 and it was in perfect condition. Also there are sites such as once wed.com or recycledbride.com when you can buy gently used dresses from brides for a much lower price, plus they are not restricted to the US.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Closet Nerd posted:

As for David's Bridal Toriori, I am surprised to here you say that you have heard great things about David's Bridal?! In my personal experience they are terrible customer service, quality is just eehh, and one only has to do a quick review search to find horror stories. David's Bridal started as a warehouse store for wedding stresses and is only slightly updated from that presently. I suggest looking up the recent David's Bridal incident where their sub company Priscilla of Boston destroyed beautiful gowns at the closing of their stores instead of donating to charity. They issued an apology but after damage was done. It is a shame they rather destory thousands of dollars of designer wear instead of give some bride the dress of her dreams.

The benefits about DB's is fast delivery, and lower prices. However it isn't hard to find a gorgeous well made dress for less, search for sample sales. That is how I got my designer $2500 dress for $500 and it was in perfect condition. Also there are sites such as once wed.com or recycledbride.com when you can buy gently used dresses from brides for a much lower price, plus they are not restricted to the US.

Interesting! Maybe since we don't have them in Canada (as far as I know?), I'm just getting filtered bits from people who were just happy to get a fairly cheap dress??
Glad I didn't order it, I definitely want to go to some local places and try on dresses instead. Just to make sure they fit properly,a nd I'm sure I can find something decently priced.
We are having a very DIY wedding, a tent in my parents back yard with very few people, I would even make my own food and wedding cupcakes if my mom wasn't giving me such guff about it! Still kind of interested in making my own cupcakes though, not because of being cheap, but because I think it would be a nice personal touch.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist
I had a wonderful experience with David's Bridal. I wouldn't see any problem with ordering from them, though I agree you should make an adventure of it and go try dresses on before you commit.

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

David's Bridal varies drastically with location. I visited two when I was looking for a wedding dress. One was horrible, with terrible, rude service, and the place was a mess. The other was wonderful, organized, with nice patient people. I think you need to read reviews about a particular location if you want to get an idea on whether it's worth trying.

vegemitesandwhich
Nov 17, 2005
DiRt-y Girl

Toriori posted:

Interesting! Maybe since we don't have them in Canada (as far as I know?)

They just opening in Winnipeg, are opening soon in Edmonton and Ottawa, and I think they have a few other locations now as well. Worth looking in to depending on where you are located!!

Emasculatrix
Nov 30, 2004

Tell Me You Love Me.
I just got engaged, and now need to negotiate a pretty large compromise with my partner. He's estranged from his family, and doesn't like parties, dancing, or generally being the center of attention. I adore parties and dancing, and want to have a wedding to celebrate our relationship with my friends and family. I don't want him to be miserable, but I also know I would regret just going to city hall like he wants to do.

What are some ways to make a wedding fit both of our ideas? I don't know much about how they work, but my idea so far was to have a brunch wedding without dancing.

Emasculatrix fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 18, 2012

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Perhaps invite friends and family to a dinner at a nice restaurant, where there can be a celebration but it doesn't have to be monstrously large or involve a large party?

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

GauchoMatador posted:

That's interesting! So far my bridesmaids seem pretty on board precisely because adding another little black dress to the wardrobe never hurts. My Maid of Honor swears she'll buy the David's Bridal one we tried in black even if I don't opt for it in the end. That made me lean more toward it than ever.

Kitten Kisses posted:

I saw the exact opposite reaction where my girls were psyched they could get a new "little black dress" and actually have worn it since the wedding. One girl ended up just wearing a dress she already had and looked fabulous.

So I guess the best answer is to just talk to your bridesmaids and see how they feel, assuming that you care ;D

Yeah I mean talk to them, if they like it go for it.

And I'm a groom what the gently caress do I know! :buddy:

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

Tigntink posted:

Speaking of dresses, I'm finally moving forward with this wedding thing. We set a date and a place and on saturday the 28th i'm going to Wai Ching Studio to meet with Chrissy to try on dresses! It's so incredibly cool to meet the designer!

It's sort of weird because i'm not going to have a wedding party and I don't really have any females close to me so i'm just bringing my fiancee. I don't know anything about weddings except what i've been reading online and watching on sunday TV.

You'll have a great time! I loved my visit to her studio. My only bridesmaid was my sister, who was in India when I went, so my stepmom and my fiance came with me to try on dresses (and my stepmom was late and did not get there until halfway trough). I didn't find it weird at all once I was there.

Getting to try things on was great. I thought I wanted to get something like the Yowying dress, but wound up getting something that was a cross between the Eucalyptus and the Samsara. It was light and comfortable and absolutely perfect for our beach wedding. And I was able to have the halter top I wanted (I've got tiny boobs and did not want to worry over a strapless dress all night).

Here's my dress:

Me with my dad (we did Wai Ching ties for my dad, the best man, and my husband):

And this one doesn't show the dress, but it's one of my favorites from our wedding photos:

Can't believe it's been 3.5 months already!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Such a pretty dress!! Are you...barefoot? If so, brave!
Edit: hahaha, just realized it was a beach wedding, thought you were walking in snow!

Emasculatrix: for three years my fiancée didn't want to get married at all. He thought it was too superficial and just simply didnt care about getting married/didnt see the point. To me, it was a celebration of love more than "look how much money we spent on a wedding!!!" it was the cause of a lot of stress for me because the tradition was so very important. Finally I told him that it wasn't fair to me to have to give up something so special, especially since he just "didn't get" why people got married, but it wasn't fair to him to have to do something he didn't want to. Now that we're engaged (this was his discretion, he told me a few days later that he just never would have expected a relationship like ours), I'm learning to make compromises. There's probably over 100 people we could invite but to respect the fact that he isn't a partier (nor am I), so keeping it small is also fine. He also has a very small family, pretty much no extended so I already realize 99% of the guest list will be my side. Maybe you could have a larger reception and then a small, intimate family/close friends gathering? Or maybe a less formal cocktail reception?
I know I seem like I'm rambling but moral of the story is don't be afraid to compromise, it doesn't have to be so bad.

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 19, 2012

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
^^ I'm actually in your fiancee's boat. I really wanted to just go do something by ourselves since I don't have any family on my side and his family is a bit over bearing and have high expectations. At this point my requirement is that it is a fun party with no religion involved.

Ceridwen posted:

awesome post

That's super crazy. I'm going to Kauai for my wedding so also a possible beach wedding. Colors are teal and mossy. You made me so much more excited about the dress! Thanks!

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 19, 2012

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
Well I was really not expecting to be reading this thread any time soon but here I am! I am extremely excited and just wanted to share.
I chose a 0.7 carat diamond in a princess cut with a white gold band. I'm buying the rock separately then picking out a band and getting a reputable jeweller to put it in. As soon as I have pictures I will be sure to post them, hopefully on her finger :3: I'm hoping I can propose in time for Valentine's Day! My best friend works in the nicest French restaurant in the city and she said she will help me set everything up.

My girlfriend's sister is getting married in the summer and her whole family is in the process of planning the wedding right now. I actually helped her pick out her wedding dress with her mom. It's a very exciting time and every day I'm feeling more and more happy, I guess it hasn't fully set it in for me yet!

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

Toriori posted:

Such a pretty dress!! Are you...barefoot? If so, brave!
Edit: hahaha, just realized it was a beach wedding, thought you were walking in snow!

Haha, yeah, I got married on Pensacola Beach on October 1st. The area is known for it's "snow white beaches"!

Tigntink posted:

^^ I'm actually in your fiancee's boat. I really wanted to just go do something by ourselves since I don't have any family on my side and his family is a bit over bearing and have high expectations. At this point my requirement is that it is a fun party with no religion involved.

I'm not really big on being the center of attention but the wedding was still tons of fun (ours had ~100 guests because we both have large families). It was indeed a big fun party with no religion involved (which surprisingly did not upset our families the way I thought it would).

quote:

That's super crazy. I'm going to Kauai for my wedding so also a possible beach wedding. Colors are teal and mossy. You made me so much more excited about the dress! Thanks!

Yay! Glad you enjoyed the pics.

My dress actually came out pretty much perfect. Chrissy measured me when I went to the studio and the dress did not even need any alterations. We had some minor issues with my sister's dress (Tambourine). The torso was too long and it bunched a little under her boobs. We solved it by just wrapping the back ties around the front and it wound up working great. Chrissy was good about getting us the dresses with plenty of time left for alterations if we had needed them though. Even after we moved the date of the wedding up quite a bit right after ordering the dress. I definitely recommend her!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Firaga posted:

Well I was really not expecting to be reading this thread any time soon but here I am! I am extremely excited and just wanted to share.
I chose a 0.7 carat diamond in a princess cut with a white gold band. I'm buying the rock separately then picking out a band and getting a reputable jeweller to put it in. As soon as I have pictures I will be sure to post them, hopefully on her finger :3: I'm hoping I can propose in time for Valentine's Day! My best friend works in the nicest French restaurant in the city and she said she will help me set everything up.

My girlfriend's sister is getting married in the summer and her whole family is in the process of planning the wedding right now. I actually helped her pick out her wedding dress with her mom. It's a very exciting time and every day I'm feeling more and more happy, I guess it hasn't fully set it in for me yet!
Wow!! Congratulations! My ring is also a princess cut and they're just lovely. Sounds like it'll be a beautiful engagement!! Very romantic, the French restaurant on Valentine's Day...I'm sure she'll have her friends swooning when she retells that!
It was so cool because my engagement ring was actually my nana's ring, but it was a ring my papa gave to her for their 50th anniversary since he didn't have enough money to buy her an engagement ring when they first met. So I'm so happy to be given the engagement my nana didn't get :3:

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
Can anyone recommend a company that can print really nice, high-quality envelopes for wedding invites? Our wedding invitation cards are all done, but since it'll be a traditional Chinese wedding we need some rally nice, red envelopes to go out with the invites (plus a small RSVP envelope!). We're not just talking about red, plain paper. We need material that's comparable to the little red envelopes given out during Chinese New Year.

Much to our surprise, it's actually quite difficult to find a local company here that prints these types of envelopes. Can anyone recommend some good online places to suit this purpose? Goon-run businesses would be a plus!

\/:hfive:

Rock on. Thanks for the recommendations!

melon cat fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 21, 2012

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater

melon cat posted:

Can anyone recommend a company that can print really nice, high-quality envelopes for wedding invites? Our wedding invitation cards are all done, but since it'll be a traditional Chinese wedding we need some rally nice, red envelopes to go out with the invites (plus a small RSVP envelope!). We're not just talking about red, plain paper. We need material that's comparable to the little red envelopes given out during Chinese New Year.

Much to our surprise, it's actually quite difficult to find a local company here that prints these types of envelopes. Can anyone recommend some good online places to suit this purpose? Goon-run businesses would be a plus!

I know gently caress all about Chinese culture (and the envelopes used therein), but etsy.com turns up plenty of red results for "chinese envelope." Maybe something there will meet your needs?

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

melon cat posted:

The good news is now's the time to pick up red envelopes, especially if you have a Chinatown nearby. I'm having the same kind of problem and aside from asking around the community which means getting people to bring stuff back from overseas, I also found joyscard.com that will take overseas orders and apparently people have been pretty happy with them, so I might try invites through them. I don't know personally how they are though, but they have shops through hong kong and the mainland.

miseerin
Apr 4, 2008

"You obviously don't know what 'boarding party' means."

WaffleStomp posted:

I looked in the Travel sub forum and couldn't find anything, so my apologies if this isn't the right thread to post in.

I'm currently in the process of booking the honeymoon for our wedding in May '12. We plan on going to Riviera Maya and staying at an all inclusive resort. Does anyone have any general tips on booking the flight+hotel for the honeymoon? I'd hate to just go ahead and book it through the hotel web site and then miss out on a moneysaving or extra deal.

I know this is from last summer, but I was JUST in Riviera Maya for Christmas and New Years. We stayed in the Secrets Silversands Resort, and it was absolutely gorgeous. We didn't have to pay for the stay (boyfriend's dad paid for it, his wife died last January and he used the money she left behind to get away for the holidays), but we paid for the tours. If you end up going, I swear the place I was at was amazing. I think Dave's sister scheduled us through Travelocity... but it was incredible and absolutely an amazing time. Mexico isn't bad at all where we were, Cancun, Riviera Maya, Playa Del Carmen, Tulum... it was so fun, everyone was so friendly, and I actually wanted to live there instead of come home.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
My fiancée and I have decided we're going to have two pairs of rings at the wedding, one nice one and one much cheaper one. We travel a lot, and not always to places we want to be wearing expensive gold and stones easily visible on our hands. Does anyone know a place to get good quality silver (or similar not super expensive) rings?

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

My fiancée and I have decided we're going to have two pairs of rings at the wedding, one nice one and one much cheaper one. We travel a lot, and not always to places we want to be wearing expensive gold and stones easily visible on our hands. Does anyone know a place to get good quality silver (or similar not super expensive) rings?

I really like Sudlow's sterling silver stuff. I've seen it in person and it's all very gorgeous stuff. She can personalize the inside of the rings, too.

samizdat
Dec 3, 2008
Hey, I am looking for a site that I've seen posted on here (I think?) where it lets you create your own wedding and engagement rings with regard to gemstones and cut and setting and the works. I can't for the life of me seem to find it in Google. Help!? Anyone?!

Our wedding won't be for a while (he's being deployed this summer for nearly a year) so I'm not thinking about dresses or anything yet... Overwhelming, I've never been the type of girl to plan out her wedding by age 13 or whatever! I am so over my head. I never wear dresses! How do you do this? I guess I'll find out :/

Eris
Mar 20, 2002
Are you thinking of gemvara.com?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
So it's getting to be about time to shop for wedding bands. I (a guy) want something that's a little more exotic than a gold band, but I'm also horribly sentimental so it needs to be resizable too (in a perfect world I'm never going to gain the weight back that I've lost, but I'm trying to be realistic.) From what I've read, that rules out titanium, tungsten carbide, and meteorite (which I really wanted :(). What options do I have? I'd like it to still be understated, so no OMG TITANIUM AND CARBON FIBER, but just...different, I guess.

JohnnyRnR
May 16, 2004
Beer Ninja
You can still do some really cool things in a ring that can be resized in the future, but just put the unique part on the top of the ring and leave a sizing spacer at the bottom.

Meteorite works well in a "half inlay" type of band, or you could do a killer signet ring with you & your fiance's initials.

Here's one we made recently that is a gold ring set with a black agate carved with a monogram and inlaid with gold. And these are available in all kinds of shapes and sizes or with different carvings instead of a monogram.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Hey Johnny, do you do anything with silver? I know it's a longshot, but we were looking at doing his and hers rings with spessartite so when we travel we don't get mugged and lose our primary rings.

JohnnyRnR
May 16, 2004
Beer Ninja
It really depends on the piece and budget. Most silver jewelry sold in the USA is produced in very large batches overseas to keep the price reasonable.

But if it's a classic design without significant intricacy then a single piece or two can be fabricated reasonably domestically.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

JohnnyRnR posted:

You can still do some really cool things in a ring that can be resized in the future, but just put the unique part on the top of the ring and leave a sizing spacer at the bottom.

So the bottom part would essentially just have a part at the bottom that's whatever metal surrounds the half inlay? That sounds ideal. Do you offer something like this, or would I need to go somewhere else? Also that signet ring is very cool, just not the look I'm going for.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

JohnnyRnR posted:

It really depends on the piece and budget. Most silver jewelry sold in the USA is produced in very large batches overseas to keep the price reasonable.

But if it's a classic design without significant intricacy then a single piece or two can be fabricated reasonably domestically.

How much is "reasonably"? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emasculatrix
Nov 30, 2004

Tell Me You Love Me.
Is there a place to rent or buy used David's Bridal bridesmaid dresses? So far I've looked at Craigslist and recycledbride. My friend, who I adore and would be willing to wear many things for, has just assigned me a horrifically expensive dress in a godawful color. Despite the fact that I am nonworking graduate student planning my own wedding, I really want to make this work for her.