Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Szyznyk posted:

I want to call up and find out who the gently caress in Massachusetts pronounces Cincinnati the way Nick does. I never heard it in the Lowell metro or in South Boston. It's almost as annoying as Bubba's inability to say Bradenton or New Smyrna.

How does Nick pronounce it? I live in MA and pronounce it "sin-sin-natty"

edit; or maybe "sin-suh-natty"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

chiz posted:

How does Nick pronounce it? I live in MA and pronounce it "sin-sin-natty"

edit; or maybe "sin-suh-natty"

sin sin aoughty, with the aou syllable obnoxiously drawn out like a guy doing a bad Kennedy impression. Figures their most regular caller would be Tim from Cincinnati.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I always thought it was just a play on words - Cinci-Naughty.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

beergod posted:

"Hey Eric. Who's Blue Iris? This is Katherine McPhee. Oh my god, Katherine McPhee loves to have her pussy licked. I want to suck your cock!"

What a grumpy munchkin! gently caress that, I'll go suck Taylor Hicks cock instead.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

AltronHGX posted:

I consider myself a nice, friendly person but for some reason whenever I listen to the show I keep thinking about calling up just to troll the poo poo out of Nick and get Artie to laugh at him. Nick can definitely make me laugh, but I really consider him unlikable as a person :shobon:

I feel mostly the same way! He's got a great wit to him, but has a massive ego and a persecution complex.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

UltraRed posted:

I feel mostly the same way! He's got a great wit to him, but has a massive ego and a persecution complex.

The best thing about Nick though is that no matter how obscure the reference that Artie whips out, Nick always knows what he's talking about and goes with it naturally. They rarely ever have to stop to explain poo poo to each other.

That used to drive me nuts when Artie was on the Stern show. Artie would start quoting some old movie and it would be funny as hell. You could always hear Benji and Fred start to laugh in the background immediately, but you could tell that neither Howard or Robin got the reference.

So then Howard would Artie force to stop and get him to explain the joke to him in a roundabout way so as not to make him seem out of it. "Oh I see, that's from the Godfather. Very amusing."

Then Howard would put on a fake laugh and second later Robin would parrot him and start cackling.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 23, 2012

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Listening to last Wednesday's episode, and it was amusing hearing Robin falter during a story about Mitt Romney's taxes. Robin said something to Howard like, "Well that's the problem. Super rich people can get tax breaks that you...or...I...aren't privy to." You could tell she was hesitating right in the middle of the sentence when she realized who she was talking to.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The Nick and Artie show is going to be really good since both of their respective teams are in the Super Bowl. Ball busting between those two makes for funny radio.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
How was Chelsea Handler on today's show? I may have to listen to this one.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

-Atom- posted:

How was Chelsea Handler on today's show? I may have to listen to this one.

Didn't Howard used to make fun of her and say she only had a show because she was banging the head of E?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

Didn't Howard used to make fun of her and say she only had a show because she was banging the head of E?

Either he or Artie used to talk about this. Artie still breaks her balls on his show.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Brocktoon posted:

That didn't change recently did it?

She is a thinner less funny Lisa Lamponeli. I'd rather see Lisa get some traction instead of her.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

AxeManiac posted:

She is a thinner less funny Lisa Lamponeli. I'd rather see Lisa get some traction instead of her.

Why? Did she say something inappropriate or incorrect?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I demand traction for Chelsea Handler.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Vakal posted:

The best thing about Nick though is that no matter how obscure the reference that Artie whips out, Nick always knows what he's talking about and goes with it naturally. They rarely ever have to stop to explain poo poo to each other.

That used to drive me nuts when Artie was on the Stern show. Artie would start quoting some old movie and it would be funny as hell. You could always hear Benji and Fred start to laugh in the background immediately, but you could tell that neither Howard or Robin got the reference.

So then Howard would Artie force to stop and get him to explain the joke to him in a roundabout way so as not to make him seem out of it. "Oh I see, that's from the Godfather. Very amusing."

Then Howard would put on a fake laugh and second later Robin would parrot him and start cackling.

Best example of this was during the Niggerwhat calls where Gilbert and Artie went off on this fantastic rant that mixed Universal horror movies (especially The Mummy with Karloff) with racial slurs. And they were laughing so hard that Howard had to scream at them to shut up. Then some stupid caller 'really wanted to hear Robin News.' Because the last thing the show needed was Artie laughing so hard he probably poo poo his pants, and Gilbert just egging him on even harder.

It was definitely offensive, but it was one of the best Artie moments of the show. Whenever Artie lost his poo poo, it was epic.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Oh Gilbert and Artie were an explosive mix.

What about the Blackberry thing? Howard was getting pissed at them and finally joined in with the Marion-berry, Halle-berry" etc.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
The Chelsea Handler interview was, as usual, crap.. Her TV show is loving terrible too.

Mike Tahoe
May 21, 2007

He knows what it means.

AxeManiac posted:

That didn't change recently did it?

I'd rather listen to Lisa, Joan Rivers, and Kathy Griffin be interviewed in succession than to listen to any more of Chelsea Handler.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
For as much poo poo as everyone gives her, Lisa is really drat funny. I think she gets a bad rap because Howard just has her on a lot and earlier she was WAY too personal about stuff and that wasn't funny, but she is like a less sexy female version of Gilbert now, great in small offensive doses. Her twitter is really entertaining too.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I've noticed that the footage they use in the opening for Chelsea Handler's show must be from abut 15 years ago because she looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay older.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Oh wow, I don't watch her show anymore but when I did I thought Chelsea Lately was pretty funny!

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

-Atom- posted:

Oh wow, I don't watch her show anymore but when I did I thought Chelsea Lately was pretty funny!

STOP it!

I'm gonna come over there and smack you across the face.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

AxeManiac posted:

For as much poo poo as everyone gives her, Lisa is really drat funny. I think she gets a bad rap because Howard just has her on a lot and earlier she was WAY too personal about stuff and that wasn't funny, but she is like a less sexy female version of Gilbert now, great in small offensive doses. Her twitter is really entertaining too.

I used to think Lisa L was funny. During her last interview with Howard she talked about how NBC gave her and some of the cast of The Apprentice tickets to a Knicks game. Then went on a rant about how they weren't front row. gently caress her

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Streebs posted:

I used to think Lisa L was funny. During her last interview with Howard she talked about how NBC gave her and some of the cast of The Apprentice tickets to a Knicks game. Then went on a rant about how they weren't front row. gently caress her

THA DURTY HEEBS!

And I concour. "OK Lisa, we've heard your act. get out"

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Streebs posted:

Well they didn't put her out there on front row because all black guys on the team would try to have sex with her during the game.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

qbert posted:

Listening to last Wednesday's episode, and it was amusing hearing Robin falter during a story about Mitt Romney's taxes. Robin said something to Howard like, "Well that's the problem. Super rich people can get tax breaks that you...or...I...aren't privy to." You could tell she was hesitating right in the middle of the sentence when she realized who she was talking to.

Howard is worth twice as much as Romney at this point but he also pays way more in taxes than Romney does.

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009

Vakal posted:

Artie's godfather bits were pretty hackey. Even High Pitch Mike called him out pretty good when he starting endlessly quoting the Godfather during the Disneyland fiasco.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Former Human posted:

Howard is worth twice as much as Romney at this point but he also pays way more in taxes than Romney does.

Romney's disclosures show between 190 and 250 million net worth. Howard can't possibly be worth that much, can he? Wall Street rear end in a top hat trumps pretty much everything else for earning potential - especially thanks to the lower effective tax rates.

I'm still reeling from the 105 inch TV that needed to be attached to the bottom of the elevator. What the hell do those cost?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Romney's disclosures show between 190 and 250 million net worth. Howard can't possibly be worth that much, can he? Wall Street rear end in a top hat trumps pretty much everything else for earning potential - especially thanks to the lower effective tax rates.

I'm still reeling from the 105 inch TV that needed to be attached to the bottom of the elevator. What the hell do those cost?

Howard has grossed more than 250 million in the last ten years or so, but Mitt Romney has 250 million dollars in assets (after income taxes and so on); I seriously doubt Howard has been able to hold onto every penny he's gotten.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Is the sirius.ca stream down for anyone else?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Mike Tahoe posted:

I'd rather listen to Lisa, Joan Rivers, and Kathy Griffin be interviewed in succession than to listen to any more of Chelsea Handler.

You're in luck because the monthly Joan Rivers interview was today!

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Every once in awhile I'll remember how loving funny this clip is and I'll say the word "westin" like 40 times and giggle each time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYDYyYZw8jw&feature=related I love Gilbert so much.

I don't even want to listen to Howard anymore. I have such nostalgia for like the older shows in 2006 when the news would go on for hours and Artie would sing Springsteen tunes with Howard. It felt real and organic, they actually ENJOYED being there. The only way I'll catch a show nowadays is when I rent a car and go on a long car trip. It's still a great radio show, but without that third person in there it's just lifeless and not as entertaining.

On top of that, last I heard Kidd Chris was doing a lovely morning drive show so one of the only other shows that was worth listening to is gone.

I Brake For MILFs fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 24, 2012

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

lordblytzkrieg posted:

Every once in awhile I'll remember how loving funny this clip is and I'll say the word "westin" like 40 times and giggle each time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYDYyYZw8jw&feature=related I love Gilbert so much.

I don't even want to listen to Howard anymore. I have such nostalgia for like the older shows in 2006 when the news would go on for hours and Artie would sing Springsteen tunes with Howard. It felt real and organic, they actually ENJOYED being there. The only way I'll catch a show nowadays is when I rent a car and go on a long car trip. It's still a great radio show, but without that third person in there it's just lifeless and not as entertaining.

On top of that, last I heard Kidd Chris was doing a lovely morning drive show so one of the only other shows that was worth listening to is gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5ksdbcH9tU&feature=related

ugh stop it you're gonna have me listening to Gilbert on the Stern show clips all day. "So whatcha gotta do is uhhhh.....genrally the groom wears pants...and a jacket and uhhhh the shoes should be the same color as the pants.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

Howard has grossed more than 250 million in the last ten years or so, but Mitt Romney has 250 million dollars in assets (after income taxes and so on); I seriously doubt Howard has been able to hold onto every penny he's gotten.

And Romney undoubtedly did not disclose the more shady accounts he has in Dubai, the Caymans, and wherever else hedge fund crooks and arms dealers hide their cash to avoid explaining where it came from.

So I doubt Howard ever made as much money being creative as Romney made moving decimal places around on a spreadsheet.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I believe Howard's salary for his first 5 years at Sirius was something like $80 million/year + a potential $20 million/year in stock if the company did well (which it really hasn't). Stock aside, that's still around $400 million he supposedly pocketed so yeah Howard is one crazy-rear end rich dude for someone in radio.

Edit: I forgot to take income tax into account. My guess would be Howard's ultimately somewhere in the $150-$200 million range.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ether Frenzy posted:

And Romney undoubtedly did not disclose the more shady accounts he has in Dubai, the Caymans, and wherever else hedge fund crooks and arms dealers hide their cash to avoid explaining where it came from.

So I doubt Howard ever made as much money being creative as Romney made moving decimal places around on a spreadsheet.

Until recently, Romney had a Swiss bank account among his holdings. The guy has money the likes of which we can't even imagine.

Although somebody did track down some things Howard was doing to get out of some taxes. For example, I don't think he owns his house -- he incorporated (Nine Twelve, I think it's called), and that company pays the mortgage, to get tax breaks.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

qbert posted:

Edit: I forgot to take income tax into account. My guess would be Howard's ultimately somewhere in the $150-$200 million range.

I think that contract also covered the studio equipment and staff wages.
So to adjust your guess with that in mind, he only took in $149.5-$199.5 million.

Mike Tahoe
May 21, 2007

He knows what it means.

Godinster posted:

You're in luck because the monthly Joan Rivers interview was today!

Yeah, I actually got a little chuckle out of that. Truthfully, as far as guests go, these past two weeks have had some cool moments. Even with Joan Rivers, Chelsea Handler, and Mitch Fatel talking about how he likes finding guys with big cocks to plow his girlfriend...there was still Roger Waters and Richard Simmons.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Was there anything in the Roger Waters interview that would be interesting to someone who is already heavily into Floyd and all their history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Was there anything in the Roger Waters interview that would be interesting to someone who is already heavily into Floyd and all their history?

I am also interested in the answer to this question. I hope the interview was not all about Mssr. Waters's cock thickness.