Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Orgophlax posted:

If any diva would actually take a steroid, if they also take birth control pills I'm pretty sure it would mask it. It's why Manny Ramirez was suspended from baseball (they found estrogen, not testosterone). I know he wasn't taking BC pills, but was the same principle. Or something.

As for my question, has any every used a gun as a prop, and used in a threatening manner? Other than Austin's fake one with the bang flag of course?
Brian Pillman's home invasion by Austin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sure yeah, but you don't need steroids for the kind of work that a WWE Diva does. Normal exercise would do that, and the side effects of steroids would be a liability for a Diva rather than an advantage, because Vince doesn't want to see a bunch of muscley ladies with bacne.

There are different steroids for different causes. Certain steroids are used to increase lean mass, not for purposes of bulking up. These steroids are generally milder, and thus wouldn't as readily cause acne outbreaks. Other non-steroidal prescription meds, clenbuterol for example, are often used by people looking to drop weight.

One thing to note is former diva Dawn Marie recently admitted to taking steroids while in WWE. While it isn't impossible to maintain the ridiculous figures expected of WWE divas without synthetic help, it's certainly easier with help.

The fact that no diva has ever failed a drug test is a topic of ongoing interest, for sure.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I am sure Midnight or Aysa would never fail one

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

There are different steroids for different causes. Certain steroids are used to increase lean mass, not for purposes of bulking up. These steroids are generally milder, and thus wouldn't as readily cause acne outbreaks. Other non-steroidal prescription meds, clenbuterol for example, are often used by people looking to drop weight.

One thing to note is former diva Dawn Marie recently admitted to taking steroids while in WWE. While it isn't impossible to maintain the ridiculous figures expected of WWE divas without synthetic help, it's certainly easier with help.

The fact that no diva has ever failed a drug test is a topic of ongoing interest, for sure.

Do they even test the Divas at all?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

That's a good question!

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

apsouthern posted:

You might be thinking of this "Over the rope, off with her top" match between Jerry Lawler (with Kat) and Dean Malenko (with Terri)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9giqAJpeK1I

I remember this match specifically because it was the most awkward wrestling moment ever as a young teenager watching this with my parents in the other room.

Speaking of which, did certain Divas have more...err...right to privacy back when things were really raunchy? I remember the Kat and Terri (especially Terri, for some reason) would always seem to have their tops coming off while others were usually much more modest (Ivory, Trish Stratus, Tori, etc.).

Of course, I guess that could be that the "really hot" ones were the ones also getting near naked, but I don't know I never really found Terri Runnels that attractive outside of her really huge breasts.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

This is not a joke about being the guy who gets to watch them pee so just move on.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions
With Bourne being wellnessed and hearing that likely he will not be coming back it made me remember that technically Randy Orton has two strikes against him. Back in 2006 here it was an any day now they'll fire him type expectation. In addition to the violations I know he was causing some trouble backstage and in hotel rooms. It's probably too early but what changed for him? The birth of his child? He's really turned himself around and put himself in a position where now there's no way in hell he'll get himself a third strike so good for him.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

crankdatbatman posted:

I remember this match specifically because it was the most awkward wrestling moment ever as a young teenager watching this with my parents in the other room.

Speaking of which, did certain Divas have more...err...right to privacy back when things were really raunchy? I remember the Kat and Terri (especially Terri, for some reason) would always seem to have their tops coming off while others were usually much more modest (Ivory, Trish Stratus, Tori, etc.).

Of course, I guess that could be that the "really hot" ones were the ones also getting near naked, but I don't know I never really found Terri Runnels that attractive outside of her really huge breasts.

I think it came down to what their role was. If they could wrestle, they did that and therefore were dressed more conservatively. If they couldn't wrestle, they were arm candy and therefore dressed as such.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!
[quote="crankdatbatman"]
Speaking of which, did certain Divas have more...err...right to privacy back when things were really raunchy? I remember the Kat and Terri (especially Terri, for some reason) would always seem to have their tops coming off while others were usually much more modest (Ivory, Trish Stratus, Tori, etc)./quote]

Probably not in the beginning, but in 1999 when sable sued the the WWF for sexual harrassment, things changed for the Divas. But, I would imagine that most of the Divas were working just for the paycheck and didn't care about exposing themselves. Plus, the majority of the divas are attention seekers too.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

ColeM posted:

Plus, the majority of the divas are attention seekers too.
Please, continue. :munch:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Orgophlax posted:

Not Molly Holly :colbert:

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Orgophlax posted:

Sorry but its true. Sable being a prime example.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The people who dance around on an elevated platform in the middle of an audience of thousands are attention seekers?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

bobkatt013 posted:

Not Molly Holly :colbert:

I wonder if they found an archived binder of Russo scripts when they did that "Molly Holly wears granny panties and is a fatty" angle.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Remember when Impact ran that angle where they were quite literally raffling off one of their talent's vaginas and it didn't win scummiest promotional tactic? Because I do.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

The people who dance around on an elevated platform in the middle of an audience of thousands are attention seekers?
No, not people. Women.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Atticus Finch posted:

No, not people. Women.

Vince account spotted.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Vince account spotted.
Get on your knees and bark like a dog THE GAYEST POSTER.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I've been kind of getting back into wrestling so I apologize for all the questions. Here's another...is CM Punk becoming a top card babyface, now? I have been trying to keep up with Raw more often, but I still rarely watch a full episode. What I have seen has shown Punk to be where Cena usually is, with Punk in opening segments and main events. Is Cena taking a backburner to Punk currently? Also does this mean PSP has turned on Punk yet?

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

crankdatbatman posted:

I've been kind of getting back into wrestling so I apologize for all the questions. Here's another...is CM Punk becoming a top card babyface, now? I have been trying to keep up with Raw more often, but I still rarely watch a full episode. What I have seen has shown Punk to be where Cena usually is, with Punk in opening segments and main events. Is Cena taking a backburner to Punk currently? Also does this mean PSP has turned on Punk yet?

Where Punk is now, he basically balances out all the Cena poo poo. We still get some Cena stuff every week, but some of his screen time has been taken up by Punk goodness.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Not yet but other sectors of the IWC have.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

crankdatbatman posted:

I think the main spots on the card are still generally focused around Cena. Punk gets a few here and there, but generally Cena still brings in stronger ratings so the WWE trusts him more.

I would say right now Punk is a top card babyface in the same way that the Miz was a top card heel before Wrestlemania last year. He is in that spot now but could easily tumble back down.

I'm not sick of Punk per se, but he isn't "must watch" TV for me like he was last summer. Or even before that, his heel work was very compelling to me. I still remember his feud with Jeff Hardy, and that awesome promo he cut against Rey where he sang happy birthday to his daughter.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bearnt! posted:

With Bourne being wellnessed and hearing that likely he will not be coming back it made me remember that technically Randy Orton has two strikes against him. Back in 2006 here it was an any day now they'll fire him type expectation. In addition to the violations I know he was causing some trouble backstage and in hotel rooms. It's probably too early but what changed for him? The birth of his child? He's really turned himself around and put himself in a position where now there's no way in hell he'll get himself a third strike so good for him.

According to his DVD, yes and in general his wife reaching out to him to go 'dude you're gonna lose this job you love because you're being a shitbag' and help keep him straight.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Was it ever explained why Triple H was driving a forklift in the background of that promo?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

reality_groove posted:

Is my memory deceiving me or was there an Over The Top Off With Her Top battle royale once in WWE. I remember the name but not the circumstances...
There's two of them. One featured Debra and Jeff Jarret against Goldust and Marlina (Terri Runnels) with HBK as the special guest...enforcer or referee or something.

The other one was the one APS mentioned.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Was it ever explained why Triple H was driving a forklift in the background of that promo?

Helping the merchandise guys by unloading pallets of t-shirts.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Atticus Finch posted:

Get on your knees and bark like a dog THE GAYEST POSTER.

Commentary: "What a horrible, despicable act by Atticus Finch!"

Crowd: YAYYYYYYYY PUT THAT BITCH IN HER PLACE

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Goog posted:

Commentary: "What a horrible, despicable act by Atticus Finch!"

Crowd: YAYYYYYYYY PUT THAT BITCH IN HER PLACE

Get on the bear rug

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Him and Triple H used it to block a door and trap someone in the locker room, Goldberg I think, so Triple H wouldn't have to wrestle him.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Either after the Benoit murders or Eddie's death, it came out that most divas were on a multitude of drugs to maintain their looks & bodies. They're not on steroids, but they are certainly not clean.

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW
TNA gets a lot of flack here but the promotion is nearing it's 10 year anniversary.

Most national wrestling organizations go under very quickly yet TNA has shown constant growth.

Why do they survive when others have failed?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

budreck posted:

TNA gets a lot of flack here but the promotion is nearing it's 10 year anniversary.

Most national wrestling organizations go under very quickly yet TNA has shown constant growth.

They're surviving only because Dixie's dad's company is keeping it afloat. They aren't making money, they aren't breaking even.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

budreck posted:

They have a giant corporation behind them willing to continue pumping into the moneypit to keep the owner of the promotion happy. That's literally it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

budreck posted:

I'm pretty sure any company could survive with funding from a large energy company and a Primetime TV deal. TNA has found their niche and will continue to get a 1.1 rating until the end of time.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

budreck posted:

TNA has shown constant growth.

nope

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW
So from what I gather, TNA gets financial backing from an energy company that's committed to losing money in order to make his daughter happy? It can't be that simple. Either there is a revenue stream or the company is a front for money laundering.

Isn't that 1.1 rating Spike's highest rated show?

In the cable world, a 1.1 considered impressive, no?

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

apsouthern posted:

You might be thinking of this "Over the rope, off with her top" match between Jerry Lawler (with Kat) and Dean Malenko (with Terri)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9giqAJpeK1I

That's the one!

I also found an identical stipped match billed as a 'Holiday Topless Top Rope' match between Hardcore Holly w/Terri and Val Venis w/BB.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

budreck posted:

So from what I gather, TNA gets financial backing from an energy company that's committed to losing money in order to make his daughter happy? It can't be that simple. Either there is a revenue stream or the company is a front for money laundering.

The company loses money which they can use as a tax writeoff for the larger company. That rating is okay at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

budreck posted:

tna loses money hand over fist every single year, is currently getting 8000 buys at best on their pay per views, and hasn't gotten over a 1.2 rating in 10 years except like one time. the second they had any kind of competition their ratings plummeted and spike forced them back to thursday.

people like to cite an easier schedule as a reason that it's better for the wrestlers, but lately the schedule is similar to wwe's in terms of dates, and the pay is far worse. it' a lovely stupid company in every way and nobody should watch or support it ever.