Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

StrungOutFlip posted:

Trying to find a florence and the machine song. Might be off their new album but I'm not sure. Dont remember the lyrics but I know its a slower song and has an acoustic guitar in it. For those who have any musical ability, its in the key of D...I'm pretty sure the basic chord progression goes D, A, Bm, G...or it might be D, Bm, G, A. I'm not too sure

The deluxe edition of Ceremonials has acoustic versions of 3 songs, Heartlines, Shake It Out and Breaking Down. Maybe its one of them?

Davincie fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrungOutFlip
Mar 17, 2009

Alright guys, lets shoot the stars...ohhh you just killed every star!

Davincie posted:

The deluxe edition of Ceremonials has acoustic versions of 3 songs, Heartlines, Shake It Out and Breaking Down. Maybe its one of them?

Naw sorry, those aren't the ones :/. I dont think its an acoustic rendition of one of her songs. The song already has an acoustic guitar in it I believe..

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

http://soundcloud.com/decrepit-tapess/add

Anyone happen to know the song from 1:45 - 2:27 or have any suggestions as to who it might be?

I desperately want to know this.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Yivgev posted:

http://soundcloud.com/decrepit-tapess/add

Anyone happen to know the song from 1:45 - 2:27 or have any suggestions as to who it might be?

I desperately want to know this.

I could tell it was Pollard by his voice right away. It's Bow Before Your Champion by the Circus Devils

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

ShutteredIn posted:

I could tell it was Pollard by his voice right away. It's Bow Before Your Champion by the Circus Devils

Awesome. Thanks!

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
I'm looking for a song by (I think) Thomas Dybdahl with some sort of frantic, bizarre brass/woodwind playing on it. I've skimmed through all the Dybdahl on Youtube but can't find it... I'm sure it was by him (or at least the cafe owner said it was) but I must have missed this drat solo.

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

A friend of mine heard a song on our college radio (88.5 for Atlanta locals) and described it as having electronic instrumentation, talky-like lyrics that repeated a line involving "company" followed by "Oooh"s, and then a second half that was much more energetic. Can anybody help him out?

edit: It's Dance Yrself Clean by LCD Soundsystem.

trans fat fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 22, 2012

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!

trans fat posted:

A friend of mine heard a song on our college radio (88.5 for Atlanta locals) and described it as having electronic instrumentation, talky-like lyrics that repeated a line involving "company" followed by "Oooh"s, and then a second half that was much more energetic. Can anybody help him out?

Don't know the song, but couldn't you email the radio station? If it's college radio it'll likely be run by like three people (ie more likely to help you out).

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

It's a song by Tech N9ne, I think, and a sort of robotic woman's voice keeps saying "time." Or maybe it's "nine," my memory of it is pretty hazy. Anyone?

EDIT: Found it, it's called He's a Mental Giant. My mind is now at ease.

QUEER FRASIER fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 27, 2012

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm looking for a song by "tooth ache.", a female downer punk/pop soloist. The lyrics I can remember are "My God fathered a bastard son, a bastard son/And my Jesus loves me when I carry a handgun" or something similar. Unfortunately Google has been useless. The problem is that there is a different indie group with a very similar sound that gets all my the results.

Cliff Racer fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 24, 2012

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
I already know the song but I am looking for a specific version of it.
Years ago I found Pärt's Fratres for Cellos on StumbleUpon, specifically this website. I checked the link again just now after being reminded about it and the song won't play. All of the links on the page are dead.
I tried doing a search for the same song, but everything I'm getting is different and not the exact version. This is the closest I can find, almost dead on, but the Columbia audio doesn't include piano, it is only violin and cello.
Please help? The song is very beautiful.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

silversiren posted:

I already know the song but I am looking for a specific version of it.
Years ago I found Pärt's Fratres for Cellos on StumbleUpon, specifically this website. I checked the link again just now after being reminded about it and the song won't play. All of the links on the page are dead.
I tried doing a search for the same song, but everything I'm getting is different and not the exact version. This is the closest I can find, almost dead on, but the Columbia audio doesn't include piano, it is only violin and cello.
Please help? The song is very beautiful.

Check it again, the link on the Columbia site definitely works for me. Try right click - save, they even encourage it on the page you linked.

e. this is really beautiful.

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jan 24, 2012

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I'm looking for a music video, early 2000's.
The video features the band in front of this black Victorian wallpaper, and then there are different shots of each of them holding giant crayons up to the wall, the band member and and camera move together while wallpaper stays in place. Something like that, it was an interesting effect.
Don't remember any of the lyrics, but I think they sounded similar to the Strokes, the Hives, the... all those bands that were popular at the time.

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
There's a song on hip hop nation that I'm pretty sure is just called "Leanin" but I didn't pay attention fast enough to tell who the artist was and google searching just the word "leanin" doesn't exactly narrow down the search. Does anyone know the song/artist?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
There's a jingle on the radio show Loveline, it's a punky guitar riff that plays during most of the bumpers leading into commercials, but I can never figure it out. When I hear it I'm listening to it on KROQ 106.7 in Los Angeles

It has no vocals, at least not in the bit they use

Iraff
Dec 29, 2008

Down Right Fierce posted:

There's a song on hip hop nation that I'm pretty sure is just called "Leanin" but I didn't pay attention fast enough to tell who the artist was and google searching just the word "leanin" doesn't exactly narrow down the search. Does anyone know the song/artist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6yLA1bm3ew?

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011

Iraff posted:

?
No, it was faster and the chorus was higher and went like "leanin, leanin, somethin- somethin- somethin- somethin- leanin..." or some such. Its not Wayne's Leanin Low, either.

nakoprex
Aug 30, 2011
Ages ago, I saw an amazing 8-10min clip of animated summaries of various famous operas. The art was very Terry Gilliam-esque with cutout figures moving jerkily and the narrator was a woman who delivered these summaries of all of these tragic operas in a very deadpan voice.

I believe I saw this on either Ovation or one of those public access/university sponsored networks (in the NY metro area.)

Anyone know where this might reside online?

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

nakoprex posted:

Ages ago, I saw an amazing 8-10min clip of animated summaries of various famous operas. The art was very Terry Gilliam-esque with cutout figures moving jerkily and the narrator was a woman who delivered these summaries of all of these tragic operas in a very deadpan voice.

I believe I saw this on either Ovation or one of those public access/university sponsored networks (in the NY metro area.)

Anyone know where this might reside online?

Was it this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vNReqUGtsc

nakoprex
Aug 30, 2011
Thank you so much polka

that's it!

Reive
May 21, 2009

Ugh drat this tune, I'm sure this is from some old electronic or dance pop song from 1998-2000, been stuck in my head all day and I can't figure it out:
http://tindeck.com/listen/dsfk

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Check it again, the link on the Columbia site definitely works for me. Try right click - save, they even encourage it on the page you linked.

e. this is really beautiful.

Oh, it does! Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the song, too.

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008
So I think this song was popular in the 90s, but I'm not too sure. It's sung by a woman with a deep voice, kinda like Florence and the Machine, and the only words I know from it are "be my baby". Not much, but does anyone have any idea?

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

I was hobbling through the grocery store for a few forgotten items when I recognized the song that was playing. Rather, I recognized that I remember hearing it ages ago and liked it. Now the only lyric that I can remember is "And what did you get?" followed by a few more lyrics and then again with the "And what did you get?"

It's driving me goddamn crazy. Mashing the lyrics into google and youtube isn't yielding any results, so maybe I am misremembering the lyric? It sounded like a 90s song and was pretty upbeat, too.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Droxis posted:

I was hobbling through the grocery store for a few forgotten items when I recognized the song that was playing. Rather, I recognized that I remember hearing it ages ago and liked it. Now the only lyric that I can remember is "And what did you get?" followed by a few more lyrics and then again with the "And what did you get?"

It's driving me goddamn crazy. Mashing the lyrics into google and youtube isn't yielding any results, so maybe I am misremembering the lyric? It sounded like a 90s song and was pretty upbeat, too.

It's from 2007, but reminds me of this Paramore song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kz6hNDlEEg

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

wyoming posted:

It's from 2007, but reminds me of this Paramore song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kz6hNDlEEg

Nope! Male vocalist(s)! :(

Teddy meowsevelt
Nov 25, 2011

what the fuck is half a fucking figure?!?!
I'm trying to find this band with male vocals, an overall low timbre, and low frequency drum machines (I don't remember any guitar being used). The drum machine sounded similar to the one used by Radiohead on Kid A. They weren't foremost an electronica band (it definitely wasn't techno/electro), just like a lyric-focused group (not rap) making headphone music.

I know this isn't much to go on, but the bar I was at last night was playing them and they were really good, but cellphone reception was poo poo in there and Shazam wouldn't hook me up.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
I'm going to add to the growing number of unfulfilled requests, I'm looking for a song by someone who plays under their own name (so no band name, just the guy's name), who sounds to me like he's Scottish but it could be some other British accent. I'm almost certain the song name is something like 'My House' or 'This House'. It sounds sort of like Glasvegas but more acoustic and less shoegazey.

Edit: Never mind, I found it by looking at the history of the radio station I heard it on. It was Patrick Wolf - The City.

Steve Holt! fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 29, 2012

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Droxis posted:

Nope! Male vocalist(s)! :(

Are you sure it's not "What Do I Get" by the Buzzcocks?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Does anyone know what jazz chart this is? All I know is that it's recorded by the Navy's Jazz Commodores.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3105927/Commodores%20-%20No%20Change.aif

Berlo
Apr 26, 2010
In the song "Diet Mtn Dew" by Lana Del Rey there is this subtle piano scale in the background that I swear sounds so similar to an old hip-hop beat/song possibly by warren g or one of those old school gangster rappers.. I really hope Im not just going crazy but does anybody have any clue as to what song it could be?

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
My kids have started watching a show called Johnny Test and the intro song is reminding me like crazy of something. (it's the s2 and later intro I found out, s1 is diff)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq1CtEHphm4&feature=related

All over youtube/google people are saying it reminds them of Green Day - American Idiot but it's not that, it doesn't even really sound like it except for a distorted lead guitar that cuts out for the lyrics like in American Idiot.

What it's reminding me of for some reason I think it's a folksy type band, (with distorted guitars??) and a lot newer than American Idiot. The guitars would cut out like this for the lyrics in what I'm thinking of. Any ideas?

edit: huh. Wikipedia page for American Idiot says it was sampled for the Johnny Test song. maybe I'm a retard.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Wagonburner posted:

My kids have started watching a show called Johnny Test

nooooo :(

On a thread relative note, I'm trying to figure out a name of a song that I actually can't stand, but I feel like learning the name will give me closure. I can't describe it very well, except that it sounds like it sampled a bunch of pixies squealing or something, there were no apparent lyrics and it appeared briefly in an [adult swim] bumper a while back.

Reive
May 21, 2009

The Steak Justice posted:

nooooo :(

On a thread relative note, I'm trying to figure out a name of a song that I actually can't stand, but I feel like learning the name will give me closure. I can't describe it very well, except that it sounds like it sampled a bunch of pixies squealing or something, there were no apparent lyrics and it appeared briefly in an [adult swim] bumper a while back.

A quick Google search lead me to this, an archive of [as] bumps, complete with song information, I'm sure you'll find it in there somewhere:
http://www.bumpworthy.com/

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I heard a song that sounded a lot like the Decemberists, it repeated the name Lucy, and possibly Regina.
The only lines I remember are "If you've come for love" and "I've found my place"

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

The Steak Justice posted:

I can't describe it very well, except that it sounds like it sampled a bunch of pixies squealing or something, there were no apparent lyrics and it appeared briefly in an [adult swim] bumper a while back.
Possibly Windowlicker by Aphex Twin?

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
I know this is so incredibly vague that's it's almost a joke but I'm hoping that someone might just recognize what I'm talking about...

We were in a pizza place the other night and heard this song come on but couldn't easily identify the words to look it up- it's a female vocalist and the music itself was somewhat aggressive electronic stuff- kinda big, epic sound. The singer sounded more contemporary to me- not really like Florence or Zola Jesus, but not a pop singer either. I'm pretty sure the place was playing the Directv college rock channel, so I'm pretty sure it's something new and not really all that obscure- I've been looking at the college radio charts but I haven't found any matches.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

I know this is so incredibly vague that's it's almost a joke but I'm hoping that someone might just recognize what I'm talking about...

We were in a pizza place the other night and heard this song come on but couldn't easily identify the words to look it up- it's a female vocalist and the music itself was somewhat aggressive electronic stuff- kinda big, epic sound. The singer sounded more contemporary to me- not really like Florence or Zola Jesus, but not a pop singer either. I'm pretty sure the place was playing the Directv college rock channel, so I'm pretty sure it's something new and not really all that obscure- I've been looking at the college radio charts but I haven't found any matches.

Marina and the Diamonds - Radioactive?

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not it- the electronic part isn't clubby like that, I don't think it's something people would dance to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

One Swell Foop posted:

Possibly Windowlicker by Aphex Twin?

Unfortunately it was much more repetitive and obnoxious than the song you linked, but thanks, I kind of like that one.