Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
If you're looking for brother-related podcasts, you should check out Those drat Ross Kids.

Just thought I'd leave that blatant self-plug here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Riptor posted:

What a couple of insufferable bores on Judge John Hodgman today

I finally got through my backlog and couldn't get more than a few minutes in, they were so boring and annoying. When I read this post I though "No, they've said that before and it's been fine" but this episode was really awful.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
The Sklars read my letter this week!

edit: didn't notice there was a dedicated Sklar thread, whoops!

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 14, 2012

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

SKULE123 posted:

The Sklars read my letter this week!

edit: didn't notice there was a dedicated Sklar thread, whoops!

I think it would work alot better if there was a catch-all Earwolf podcast thread instead of the separate ones, because the only gets alot of traffic is the CBB one and there is alot of talking about the other podcasts in there anyway.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
The Earwolf Thread: Jeff Ulrich is thinking of ways to monetize this thread
Earwolf Podcast Network: The Cyberthug Memorial Thread

Greggy fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 14, 2012

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just discovered The Mental Illness Happy Hour, so I've got another backlog to work through. Anyone in here listen to it regularly enough to tell me the best episodes?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Yoshifan823 posted:

I just discovered The Mental Illness Happy Hour, so I've got another backlog to work through. Anyone in here listen to it regularly enough to tell me the best episodes?

I think Mental Illness Happy Hour is crazy subjective for which are the best. That said my personal favorites:

1. Kulap. Yes everyones favorite cohost of Who Charted? has a really hosed up past. I came out a bigger fan of her personally than I was going in.

2. Jesse & Lee Thorne. Yep is the infamous Jesse Thorne's Dad. Veitnam vet with PTSD in spades.

3. Greg Cheever. Holy loving poo poo that's about it.

4. Ex-con Murph. Another not famous guy that just happens to be a friend of Pauls with loving amazing stories.

I hate saying it but Marc Marons episode sucks pretty hard and it kind of bums me out seeing his is the most downloaded on iTunes. There seem to be more than a few goons listening to this show and being the fan that I am of it I may just make up an OP for it soon.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
New Pod F Tompkast finally dropped.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Edit: sorry, meant to post in CBB thread.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jan 15, 2012

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
Alright, which one of you spergtards e-mailed the Flophouse guys about "champing at the bit" vs. "chomping at the bit"?

Do you also go around correcting people on how it's "Frankenstein's monster" and not "Frankenstein"?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Mogambo posted:

Alright, which one of you spergtards e-mailed the Flophouse guys about "champing at the bit" vs. "chomping at the bit"?

Do you also go around correcting people on how it's "Frankenstein's monster" and not "Frankenstein"?

The Frankenstein issue is much more pressing than the champing one though. Dr. Frankenstein is the villain of the story, the creature is much more of a tragic figure. It's still a triviality to most people, but it at least has some arguable impact vs altering one letter in a word that has no impact on the meaning of the phrase.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
e: what the

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Looks like it was a day for announcements - Not only did Todd Glass have his announcement on WTF, but Dana Gould announced he's starting a podcast Feb. 3rd!

I'm really looking forward to it, Dana is a great comedian and an alt comic legend.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

Maarak posted:

New Pod F Tompkast finally dropped.

His podcast is hilarious, but with the piano and sound effects, it's 10x better when its snowing out and I can have a beer.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

plastered quack posted:

Looks like it was a day for announcements - Not only did Todd Glass have his announcement on WTF, but Dana Gould announced he's starting a podcast Feb. 3rd!

I'm really looking forward to it, Dana is a great comedian and an alt comic legend.

If Gould's Huell, and Adomian's Huell never meet, I will be sad as hell.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has Earwolf said anything about the Rafflecast thing Jon Daly did a while back? It wasn't very good but I bet with some tweaking, Jon Daly could make an awesome podcast.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Maarak posted:

Wait, is Huell Howser a real person?
fake edit: holy hell he is!

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Maarak posted:

Oh definitely, Gould's dark version would be awesome next to Adomian's absurdity. Can't wait to see what Dana does.

If anyone hasn't checked out the Dead Author's Podcast yet, the new episode just dropped, and so far seems like a great introductory episode. It has Matt Gourley from Superego playing Carl Sagan.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

plastered quack posted:

If anyone hasn't checked out the Dead Author's Podcast yet, the new episode just dropped, and so far seems like a great introductory episode. It has Matt Gourley from Superego playing Carl Sagan.

Matt Gourley is a goddamn riot in this. It's a continuing shame that Superego isn't more well-known. I'm chomping at the bit for the live episode.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Hsien-Ko posted:

Has Earwolf said anything about the Rafflecast thing Jon Daly did a while back? It wasn't very good but I bet with some tweaking, Jon Daly could make an awesome podcast.

This was on Jon's twitter feed today

quote:

Guys, The #Rafflecast is back VERY SOON~If you have anything you want to be on it, email me here - rafflecast@earwolf.com - Love, Jon

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Mr. Squishy posted:

Wait, is Huell Howser a real person?
fake edit: holy hell he is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dtg7pXQ5g0&feature=related
A decent segment of Huell's version. It takes awhile to get going, and Carolla is hit or miss, but around 3:30 it starts to get great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgO-f3q_MxQ&feature=related

Also, if what James Adomian and Seth Romatelli have said is true, Huell is as gay as Todd Glass.

Maarak fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 19, 2012

Solar Cuckulator
Mar 14, 2008

hay guys lets smoke!!:havlat:
Can someone explain to me why lots of podcast hosts are in love with paul f tompkins? i tried his podcast when it came out and it seemed really horrible.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Solar Cuckulator posted:

Can someone explain to me why lots of podcast hosts are in love with paul f tompkins? i tried his podcast when it came out and it seemed really horrible.

Because he's the funniest dog in the game, bro.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Solar Cuckulator posted:

Have you heard him in anything else? Like maybe a Comedy Bang Bang episode? If you haven't, you should listen to pretty much any CBB episode with him in it, and then you'll know.

If you have, I don't know what to tell you because PFT is hilarious.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
He's quick witted, laughs easily, and completely buys in to the premise of whatever show he's on. He's one of the best free form improvisers on the podcast circuit.

What's not to love?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Some people may be put off by his proper manner of speaking and well-trimmed moustache.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

hardly any dick jokes, what a lovely comic

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Solar Cuckulator posted:

I cannot even fathom that someone could exist that enjoys comedy podcasts like comedy bang bang while simultaneously not liking Paul F Tompkins. Maybe if that person only enjoyed shock jock radio type humor or something.

Solar Cuckulator
Mar 14, 2008

Well he seems pretty funny on other podcasts but the episode of his i listened to is awful. It's just him alone talking over computer noises right? does he change it later?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Solar Cuckulator posted:

Well he seems pretty funny on other podcasts but the episode of his i listened to is awful. It's just him alone talking over computer noises right? does he change it later?

Well, there are clips from his live shows, phone calls with his comedian (comedienne? is that still a thing?) friend Jen Kirkman, and The Great Undiscovered Project in every episode, so maybe you just didn't listen to that one epsiode for long enough?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Solar Cuckulator posted:

Someone put it well earlier in this thread or in another: the podcast is perfect to listen to with a beer on a rainy day. It's funny and relaxing. It's weird that you'd like him on other podcasts and not by himself. Do you like his standup?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
And it's not computer noises, it's his pianist friend Eban Schletter in another room.
One time, John Hodgeman guested.

Solar Cuckulator
Mar 14, 2008

ok i guess a one man podcast is just not for me then. i have weird taste in humor.

...he really couldn't find one loving guy to do the podcast with? or a topic of any kind?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mr. Squishy posted:

And it's not computer noises, it's his pianist friend Eban Schletter in another room.

Actually it does start with computer noises.

Solar Cuckulator posted:

ok i guess a one man podcast is just not for me then. i have weird taste in humor.

...he really couldn't find one loving guy to do the podcast with? or a topic of any kind?

Yeah, PAUL F. TOMPKINS, who's been on every podcast ever, just couldn't find someone to do it with. It wasn't a decision he made or anything, he just does it solo out of necessity.

Solar Cuckulator
Mar 14, 2008

FitFortDanga posted:

Yeah, PAUL F. TOMPKINS, who's been on every podcast ever, just couldn't find someone to do it with. It wasn't a decision he made or anything, he just does it solo out of necessity.
This is pretty hilarious, i was being sarcastic and you were sarcastic back at me about my sarcastic line, and you didn't read it right because you are assuming i am an idiot. Do you really think I thought he didn't know another person?

Gooch
Oct 30, 2006

I too listened to an episode of PFT's podcast, and I almost fell asleep. I love him on other podcasts. He is very funny but his own podcast just isn't for me.

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah

Gooch posted:

I too listened to an episode of PFT's podcast, and I almost fell asleep. I love him on other podcasts. He is very funny but his own podcast just isn't for me.

Yeah I'm with you there. PFT is one of my favourite standups and he's great in most other contexts but his show never clicked with my for some reason.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I love Paul F Tompkins, but I'm not the biggest fan of his podcast. The only episode that really stands out to me is Ice T's Pyramid Scheme.

It's exactly what it sounds like.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Solar Cuckulator posted:

This is pretty hilarious, i was being sarcastic and you were sarcastic back at me about my sarcastic line, and you didn't read it right because you are assuming i am an idiot. Do you really think I thought he didn't know another person?

To be fair, your post could be taken either way pretty easily. Sarcasm isn't easy to convey via text :1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The episode of Bob Ducca's Affirmation Nation with Jason Manzoukas as a behind the scenes recording of the podcast is absolutely hilarious.

Plus a great callback to Kevin gently caress.

• Locked thread