Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Brosnan posted:

Once you have it down you do it more by feel/rhythm than by visuals, so it's pretty doable compared to a lot of other stuff.

It's unfortunately a pretty huge part of his gameplan so if you can't do it you're kind of hosed. It's way better than his other post-B! options, really solid and safe in its own right.. but if you miss that 1+2, you're gonna eat something nasty.

I see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTkPwvN0bvU
Thought you might like to see this. Great Marduk stuff here at the beginning :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I remember trying to do Paul's Demoman back in T4, but then gave up when it didn't show up in T5, thinking it was gone forever. Then it came back and I was like "gently caress, why didn't I grind this earlier?".

I still love playing as Paul even without a clean Demoman.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

doctor/prostitute posted:

Dell U2312HM: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2312hm.htm
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Ultrasharp-U2312HM-inch-Monitor/dp/B005MHMFJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327319678&sr=8-1

23", IPS panel, under £200 and input delay < 1ms, I've been eyeing it for the past few months personally

I'm not the guy who asked but thanks for the recommendation and the review link, I ordered one yesterday and it should come tommorow so if there's anything you want to know about it when it gets here just say so.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

uncleKitchener posted:

I remember trying to do Paul's Demoman back in T4, but then gave up when it didn't show up in T5, thinking it was gone forever. Then it came back and I was like "gently caress, why didn't I grind this earlier?".

I still love playing as Paul even without a clean Demoman.

It's in Tekken 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwMIETywtU0

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

whip posted:

It's in Tekken 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwMIETywtU0

Yeah, just realized it a few hours ago when I popped the disk back in. I guess my memory served me wrong.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Okay, a general question:

"finger puzzles". What? I haven't heard this phrase anywhere else, only on SA forums.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

nickmeister posted:

"finger puzzles". What? I haven't heard this phrase anywhere else, only on SA forums.

We had a troll come into the SFIV (?) thread a while back and refer to pretty much any combo (even 2-in-1s) as finger puzzles.

I only re,ember it because his gimmick was "help me get better at these impossible fighting games ps I am going to act like I'm an idiot" and I fell for it for a bit. :shobon:

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

nickmeister posted:

Click my rap sheet.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cinroth posted:

Click my rap sheet.

Man, who has archives on these dumb forums

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Cinroth posted:

Click my rap sheet.

Well, fak, maybe I am remembering wrong. For those without archives, PirateNipple posted:

quote:

I really like that the "super combos" of this game are just pulling both trigger buttons. It makes the challenge knowing when to use it, instead of knowing silly finger puzzles.

It's the MK9 thread.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

boxcarhobo posted:

Man, who has archives on these dumb forums

I do!! :mad:

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
I've started going to actual local FG events and find myself needing to dual mod my 360 TE. Which is generally preferred between the TEasy Strike and the Kitty? I think ease of installation would be more important than price for me.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
TEasy Strike is easier to install, but if you go the RJ-45 route with the kitty you get compatibility with ps2, snes, nes, etc etc. Both are very easy to install though.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Mortal Kombat thread was the best thread

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
That dude is so wicked hardcore he should be in the game. All yall is anime f-words. Scorpion would kick Ryus rear end.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That MK9 thread was unbearable when it started and anyone questioned the actual gameplay and tournament life of it.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Every non-Capcom fighting game thread seems to have at least one off-the-loving-wall crazy dude in it, like that guy in the SCV thread right now who is unironically justifying Sophitia's costumes

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Cat Machine posted:

Every non-Capcom fighting game thread seems to have at least one off-the-loving-wall crazy dude in it, like that guy in the SCV thread right now who is unironically justifying Sophitia's costumes

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

It... bothers me how badly I want to put a male character in Ivy's 2P outfit in order to make a bare-chested :rock: HARD ROCK :rock: type character in CaS.

... gently caress, now I can't decide whether my first custom character should be Dr. Rockzo The Rock 'n' Roll Clown(he does COCAINE! kuh-kuh-kuh-kuh), or :regd10:.

Kinda leaning more towards :regd10:...

... with Soul Edge as his weapon.

Because :regd10: is the only true Nightmare. :black101:

Jesus that thread is bad. Not as bad as the MK9 thread at Peak Joker138 though.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
To be fair some the things I've seen broken loose type are objectively more terrible / insane than TheJoker318

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Robolizard! posted:

To be fair some the things I've seen broken loose type are objectively more terrible / insane than TheJoker318

I weep bitter tears every day because I didn't save the Atlantean Prince chatlog and only small fragments of it remain on the internet :(

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Cat Machine posted:

When DoA 5 hits I will be the guy championing how DoA4 is actually a really good game so watch out for that I guess.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Ashenai posted:

I weep bitter tears every day because I didn't save the Atlantean Prince chatlog and only small fragments of it remain on the internet :(

You mean this isn't the whole thing?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

It is! Oh god, thank you. Google couldn't find it, I thought it was lost for good. :neckbeard:

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
What the gently caress did I just read and why did I read it?

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

:catdrugs:
And I thought Broken Loose got that name because he'd get really wound up about some things. Now I know different. :stare:

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

what the gently caress

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ImperialGuard posted:

And I thought Broken Loose got that name because he'd get really wound up about some things. Now I know different. :stare:

...poo poo, now I understand the random name change. Echoing the what the hell have I just read feelings.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

That's the truncated version. The original holyshitblisnuts.txt was a 7MB irc chatlog. I think it was at least a day or so long.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Broken Loose posted:

That's the truncated version. The original holyshitblisnuts.txt was a 7MB irc chatlog. I think it was at least a day or so long.

So is this some sort of lame puppet master thing or are is BL actually nuts? Because I knew he was a lovely/ranty poster but really holy gently caress.

Also.

quote:

<Broken_Loose> On myself: NOBODY WILL TELL ME WHAT I REALLY AM, AND IT'S FRUSTRATING. :(

It even has wings! :v:

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

quote:

<Broken_Loose> On myself: NOBODY WILL TELL ME WHAT I REALLY AM, AND IT'S FRUSTRATING.

There is literally an entire city of psychics less than an hour north of orlando, Cassadaga.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassadaga,_Florida

Someone there might be able to straighten out your demonic powers. When I lived in Orlando, I'd hear stories about kids trying to scare each other by driving through this place at night.

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.
Broken Loose got a cake shaped like Ralts for his 30th birthday.

I don't think I have to say much more.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Cat Machine posted:

I think Bruce Irvin eats other humans in the Tekken storyline :ohdear:

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Sade posted:

Jesus that thread is bad. Not as bad as the MK9 thread at Peak Joker138 though.

Moneyson is a bad, bad poster. That's really all there is to know.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Boxman posted:

So is this some sort of lame puppet master thing or are is BL actually nuts? Because I knew he was a lovely/ranty poster but really holy gently caress.

A little of column A, a little of column B. I've spent a few of the last several years completely tripping balls and saying out of line poo poo, but I need to keep the peace or we end up with things like people claiming I did something on my 30th birthday when I'm still in my 20's.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
http://blogs.sega.com/2012/01/25/virtua-fighter-5-final-showdown-contest-name-your-opponent/

Sounds like a good opportunity.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Hi, lurker here. I miss reading Tejadaposts. Thought I'd say.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I was on a bit of a Skyrim binge but I'm back on Tekken! Been trying out Lili inbetween practicing Lars and Paul because df+2 reminds me of Liz from KOF's DP.

So I've been trying to get these consistent:

uf+2 df+2 into backturned 1,2 df+3 bound into 323 for 65.

uf+2 b+2,1 into backturned 1,2 df+3 bound yada yada for 69.

WS+2 into backturned uf+4 df+2 into backturned 1,2 df+3 bound same poo poo for 81.

And then basically all my other combos follow the same route of launcher into b+2,1 into backturned 1,2 since I have an easier time landing df+3 off of it than regular 1,2 depending on the launcher. Despite this I have a pretty good ratio of sticking the combos so I'm probably going to keep playing her.

So my questions are:

Does she a have a tracking move besides f+3?

For a wall combo or wall carry combo what should I be looking for?

How good are her command sidesteps? I know you can basically get 70 something damage if you land the 3 after it, though I doubt it's safe.

What are some of her better moves? I'm just gonna be flailing around hoping to land df+2 or WS+2 and that ain't a good look.

Also I'm assuming D+3+4 despite looking like it tech crouches is probably -1 million on block and should be used super sparingly if at all. Am I right about this?

I get my 2's and 3's mixed up when typing them out. Edited

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 26, 2012

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
All this recent Tekken talk is making me wanna start grinding it out. I haven't played in ages.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

What are some of her better moves? I'm just gonna be flailing around hoping to land df+3 or WS+3 and that ain't a good look.
Not that I'm any good, but her df+1 is generally a really good mid and her d+3 and f,f+4 are lows which can be quite tricky to spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I don't know what this is, but I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUwbgGXAdaA

• Locked thread