Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wronkos
Jan 1, 2011

Sovereign making GBS threads on Colby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKGcOxIWYCo&list=UUiPRMtMvuaMhQmyI2pQqggw&index=1&feature=plcp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
What I want is more than ten vehicles and themes per character, more than 40 clothing items and more than two costumes.

I ask for too much.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I would pay for more outfit slots and stored clothing. Why won't they take my money and give me what I want?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Apparently I am a mad lagger. Do I get to put this one in my hackusations folder?

Had a good night tonight with goons. We rolled a ton of folks with LTL. My favorite quote "LTL is EZ mode!!1"

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

What I want is more than ten vehicles and themes per character, more than 40 clothing items and more than two costumes.

I ask for too much.

That was supposed to be implemented together with new contacts on release :allears:

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean

TerminalSaint posted:

:cool::respek::cool:

I'm glad someone else out there knows how to decorate their Vegas properly.

I finished up the Pursuit version yesterday and gave it to another one of my friends, we've now got 3 cars rolling around (And of course I held onto the originals so I can copy as many as I want). Sadly I can only ever catch one of them online at a time due to timezones. I took this nice picture of us standing by our cars. We made uniforms too.

(I picked the worst light to take a picture in, sorry)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Patch 1.6.1 today~

Revoemag posted:

Servers will be coming down at 11 AM GMT for Maintenance.

Estimated Down-Time is approximately 3 hours. This is to deploy patch 1.6.1.

Be aware, there is a KNOWN ISSUE with this patch.

Issue: In the district select screen, under the instances tab, the CRIMINAL population column will be BLANK. We are currently working on a hotfix for this issue and will deploy it when ready, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

1.6.1 Patch Notes

Account Threat
• Account Wide Threat: The highest threat on your account is now applied to all
characters on your account, each character will lose & gain the same threat level.
• Your new threat will be displayed on the Character Select screen.
• District Select: On the District Select screen, the instances tab will now display the
average threat level for each individual instance.
- Manually entering districts which don't match your threat will result in overall
reduced rewards.

Misc
• Added a cooldown to kicking players from a mission team during a mission.
• Removed the ability to delete mails containing unopened attachments.
• Overtime: Fixed timer flashing throughout the mission and repeated claxon sounds.

Aphadon posted:

You can group up directly from the district select screen, no need to join a district first. Open the Social window and invite players, or use the /groupinvite and /groupaccept commands in chat. Then use the Join As Group button to join a district together.

An important thing to note here is that if you use District Recommendation (i.e. using the big district buttons to join a district instad of manually choosing an instance) no-one in your group will be penalised. Even if some group members end up in a district that doesn't match their threat, they won't get penalised if they used recommendation. Also, the recommendation system will try to find an instance closest to the average threat of the group.

Daztek fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jan 25, 2012

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

MrLonghair posted:

I ask for too much.

Yes, this. I already have a ton of costumes and don't really mind using two, but goddamn I want more cars. I've put so much effort into putting together the ones that I already have, though, that it's gotten to the point I can't delete any more.

That means that if I really want a new vehicle, I'll have to sell or destroy something that's probably taken me hours to put together. It hurts :negative:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Songbearer posted:

Yes, this. I already have a ton of costumes and don't really mind using two, but goddamn I want more cars. I've put so much effort into putting together the ones that I already have, though, that it's gotten to the point I can't delete any more.

That means that if I really want a new vehicle, I'll have to sell or destroy something that's probably taken me hours to put together. It hurts :negative:

All you need is your pink Jericho anyway.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Songbearer posted:

You won't have to do that. You can put a car you want to keep but not use for a while on marketplace for 99999999999 and immediately cancel it. Then you can store it in your mailbox forever, as the mail will not expire. That's how I kept all my seasonal outfits

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Man. I'm not going to be able to dethreat my two golds because they were just about maxed out in the past, in order to to make my third character notgold so my dull single-character buddies won't have to wait forever for a matchup or get nothing but quad gold clanners from Serbia for opposition.. after 15 minute waits.

New account, character name мошенник maybe Цельботстенырубить or possibly педикшлюха, and all is well again. See you tonight Captain.

krael
Feb 4, 2009
I don't really know much about this game but I want to know if there's some cool griefing to be done here?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

krael posted:

I don't really know much about this game but I want to know if there's some cool griefing to be done here?

Yes, just by driving to your next objective you may inadvertently grief the heck out of somebody.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

krael posted:

If you have no real interest in the game then I highly recommend rolling a criminal character on any server to just go around grieftrucking both criminals and enforcers. Although if you do it often enough you'll probably get a warning and then eventually a ban for it.

krael
Feb 4, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

Yes, just by driving to your next objective you may inadvertently grief the heck out of somebody.

so what you are telling me theres sort of a builtin grief encouragement system?

What do goons do when they login?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

krael posted:

Play the game for a few minutes and ragequit.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.
One-man cheeseburger apocalypse!

I'm scared, guys. I'm running out of ideas for my character.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

krael posted:

Mmm, the soul crushing grief engine goes both ways I'm afraid. Don't play if you can't take it as well as you can dish it out.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Threat coded districts! I can't wait to get home. :allears:

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Wow. Threat icons on the district list are bugged (icon is bronze - "you're trying to joing gold district'), trying to join a HIGHER threat district also reduces your awards.

Captain Swing fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 25, 2012

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

less than three posted:

Threat coded districts! I can't wait to get home. :allears:

It was pretty beautiful going into bronze district. Legit noobies everywhere. And some silvers/golds running around (Not quite as bad thankfully, most opp was bronze-ish.)

I could care less about reduced rewards since prem gives me plenty of cash already. Might be an issue if you have no perm weapons and no premium.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Well guess I'll eat my words on not adding the reward reductions. I'll have to try this out, but it sounds pretty neat as I really prefer gold opposition.
Me killing bronzes:

How severe are the reductions?

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Secret Sweater posted:

Well guess I'll eat my words on not adding the reward reductions. I'll have to try this out, but it sounds pretty neat as I really prefer gold opposition.
Me killing bronzes:

How severe are the reductions?

5% for every threat level.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!

Akion posted:

Apparently I am a mad lagger. Do I get to put this one in my hackusations folder?

Had a good night tonight with goons. We rolled a ton of folks with LTL. My favorite quote "LTL is EZ mode!!1"

I know Kittae :aaa: she does nothing but bitch about hacks/lag/exploits if you kill/beat her. This is basically a shining example of that.

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean
I managed to get gold threat today (for the first time!) right after the servers came back up in a 1v2 against other silvers. It's not exactly something I want, I don't really think I play that well at all. I call in Nkdsnake because I don't want to get thrown into missions I can't handle by myself and we usually make a good team. We somehow manage to pull off a 7 win streak, even in two missions with some pretty obvious hackers.

On the 7th mission (and our last, because it was getting close to 4am (why am I still posting at this hour) and we decided to go to bed) the pubbie tears really started flowing. This picture should explain everything.

We were both surprised that he was talking about me because all I was doing was standing on a roof above the objective and shooting as they walked past.

Ansith fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 25, 2012

krael
Feb 4, 2009

Sion posted:

Mmm, the soul crushing grief engine goes both ways I'm afraid. Don't play if you can't take it as well as you can dish it out.

I sure can, I find being griefed funny sometimes so it's cool with me.

I think I'm gonna hook up with the EU goons unless people are stone dead over here.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

krael posted:

I sure can, I find being griefed funny sometimes so it's cool with me.

I think I'm gonna hook up with the EU goons unless people are stone dead over here.

There's usually two or three of us playing almost everyday on Patriot (EU2).

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I laugh when I get griefed if it's not boring (ie. getting pinned in = boring, getting send flying by a dump truck = hilarious). Also sometimes I enjoy being killed by an osmaw. There's just something so entertaining about the fwwaaaaaaahhhhBOOM sound it makes.

Also at first I thought the new threat thing sounded like a horrible idea, and now I know it is... but for different reasons than I first thought.

This kind of stuff is just fun. I've never got SIX medals at the exact same time before. I hit notoriety 5 too. My god, this new system is so fun to exploit. Even if you only get 50% rewards if you're gold in a bronze district, it's worth it for the fun value. And you make a decent amount of cash and standing due to the k/d ratio...

I now really like this change.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I enjoy the new TL system because I made a new account. If I want a challenge I'll go to a silver or gold district. If I want to faceroll I'll take green, bronze or gold for a district. Funny how it works.

The STAR is an amazing underrated rifle. Ask the gold with a Whisper who came this close to ragequitting after loving up in close combat over and over and over (or the two golds who actually did ragequit)

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Meis posted:

I laugh when I get griefed if it's not boring (ie. getting pinned in = boring, getting send flying by a dump truck = hilarious). Also sometimes I enjoy being killed by an osmaw. There's just something so entertaining about the fwwaaaaaaahhhhBOOM sound it makes.

Also at first I thought the new threat thing sounded like a horrible idea, and now I know it is... but for different reasons than I first thought.

This kind of stuff is just fun. I've never got SIX medals at the exact same time before. I hit notoriety 5 too. My god, this new system is so fun to exploit. Even if you only get 50% rewards if you're gold in a bronze district, it's worth it for the fun value. And you make a decent amount of cash and standing due to the k/d ratio...

I now really like this change.

I joined a green district and was doing this until I found out that if you play in a low district it dethreats you if you win too much.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Demonlord posted:

I joined a green district and was doing this until I found out that if you play in a low district it dethreats you if you win too much.

How is that a problem? That sounds like the opposite of a problem.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I made a guy on US East and found out that threat is account-global, and not per server. I also found out that lag makes LTL and getting Colby SNR kills a piece of cake.

The top guy on their team was a disastrously bad player until the last stage, and then suddenly it was dangerous to be in line of sight. Oh, the tears that flowed.

e: I recommend stalking the districts of sinister0229, freaking niagara falls of tears

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 26, 2012

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

MrLonghair posted:

e: I recommend stalking the districts of sinister0229, freaking niagara falls of tears

Yeah he was whining playing against us tonight. We were probably in the same district! :o

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

less than three posted:

Yeah he was whining playing against us tonight. We were probably in the same district! :o

We were. I was thinking about saying hi but I was too busy laughing at the guy. He spent about 30 minutes not doing missions but instead playing bumper cars with my vehicles as I was doing missions, saying I took things too serious and should stop crying.

Had more hackusations from my two three hours there than on Patriot since mid-December.

gently caress Patriot.

(Will gladly take a donation of Cuffs4)

Hell, now that I am on (Joker, right?) and need to cut down on playing a little (turns out I did far too heavy lifting yesterday), tell me themes you want, your in-game names and I'll see what I can do.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jan 26, 2012

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
So wait, I can deliberately join a district full of newbies now if I need to farm LTL? How does the spread on districts look, are there legitimately districts full of bronzes?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Coach Sport posted:

So wait, I can deliberately join a district full of newbies now if I need to farm LTL? How does the spread on districts look, are there legitimately districts full of bronzes?

It is no way guaranteed that you will be the fox that rules the roost, there are a lot of de-threated high players around, and there are also low players simply not giving a crap about reduced rewards. So far it was easier to use low guy to give your group a recommended district, the outcome would be trainees with a bronze at best for us Eurogoons, but from what I see now it's a crazy wild mix.

Still a bunch of bronze around though.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

We were. I was thinking about saying hi but I was too busy laughing at the guy. He spent about 30 minutes not doing missions but instead playing bumper cars with my vehicles as I was doing missions, saying I took things too serious and should stop crying.

Had more hackusations from my two three hours there than on Patriot since mid-December.

gently caress Patriot.

(Will gladly take a donation of Cuffs4)

Hell, now that I am on (Joker, right?) and need to cut down on playing a little (turns out I did far too heavy lifting yesterday), tell me themes you want, your in-game names and I'll see what I can do.

:allears: Excellent!

I've been meaning to do this eventually

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfcHNz-Ja-o

IGN:Fiorah

QQmore fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 26, 2012

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

QQmore posted:

:allears: Excellent!

I've been meaning to do this eventually

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfcHNz-Ja-o

IGN:Fiorah

Man. That piano is detuned in a way impossible to get anything close to it to in the APB theme maker, even with the actual acoustic piano in the editor being detuned and wobbly.

Other than that, 98 BPM, kicks at 1 and 15 in the first measure, 1 7 and 9 in the second. Snares at 5 and 9 in both.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Coach Sport posted:

I attempted to do this yesterday but mostly it didnt work out so well. High gold level crims also join to newbie hunt and the game will match you up against them. So you just end up switching back to your regular guns and playing a competitive game with random bronzes from both sides running around wondering what's going and in the end you end up with about half the reward. I reckon silver districts are the way forwards or if you are not tired after work play with the golds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

Man. That piano is detuned in a way impossible to get anything close to it to in the APB theme maker, even with the actual acoustic piano in the editor being detuned and wobbly.

Other than that, 98 BPM, kicks at 1 and 15 in the first measure, 1 7 and 9 in the second. Snares at 5 and 9 in both.

Ah, actually here's what that track samples at around 1:01-1:11.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kyhziT3X1cc#t=66s

how about this from 0:25-0:30?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vyyN1DXWTk0#t=26s

• Locked thread