Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I'm starting to gain faith in some scratch-session prototypings. I'd be pretty psyched to see Glassessprite and Frigglishsprite. Maybe Jane will get Dadsprite! A man can dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

sitchelin posted:

I'm starting to gain faith in some scratch-session prototypings. I'd be pretty psyched to see Glassessprite and Frigglishsprite. Maybe Jane will get Dadsprite! A man can dream.

We're not going to get Frigglishsprite because Jaspers is going to get appearified back to the old timeline. More accurately, we already have seen that sprite.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I want to see poppopsprite/Johnsprite. :allears:

I imagine John's dorkiness compounded with being a grandpa PLUS being a sprite will be beautiful.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
I think we are going to see Johnsprite (there is a taxidermy of B2!John in her house, it has to happen), ARsprite, and maybe maaaaybe Rosesprite. And somebody's probably going to end up protoyping him or herself.

And hopefully, hopefully not GCatsprite.

Only of Johnsprite am I certain.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Johnsprite and Nannasprite, both trying to out-prank each other.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Johnsprite can materialize gavels to use as weapons, as a callback to his role as a judge on Night Court and his B1 universe's self's hammertype Strife Specibus.

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 26, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I have a growing suspicion that Roxy and Dirk are not just alternate versions of Mom and Bro, but actually the same people, who did/will do time/universe travel somehow, probably by the same means as this cat will. And if that's so, then it's probably also true for Jane and Jake.

Or have I misunderstood the implications and everybody knew this all along except for me?

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

I have a growing suspicion that Roxy and Dirk are not just alternate versions of Mom and Bro, but actually the same people, who did/will do time/universe travel somehow, probably by the same means as this cat will. And if that's so, then it's probably also true for Jane and Jake.

Or have I misunderstood the implications and everybody knew this all along except for me?

The thing about this is that we've seen some glimpses of their pre-scratch selves growing up, and they led different lives. And Nannasprite recalls growing up with b1 Jake, which she didn't here.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Boneless Jogger posted:

The thing about this is that we've seen some glimpses of their pre-scratch selves growing up, and they led different lives. And Nannasprite recalls growing up with b1 Jake, which she didn't here.

Whose selves? My memory is spotty. It might be that it turned out differently for the Prospit dreamers than the Derse dreamers.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Bongo Bill posted:

Whose selves? My memory is spotty. It might be that it turned out differently for the Prospit dreamers than the Derse dreamers.

Start here for the story of Jane and Jake in the B1 timeline.

Edit: Update! And Roxy is about to send a cat through a fourth wall.

tinaun fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 26, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

tinaun posted:

Start here for the story of Jane and Jake in the B1 timeline.

Ah, I see. That doesn't, however, preclude the possibility that Dirk and Roxy had a different experience. Though it's seeming kind of unlikely.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

:ms:

Poor Jaspers. At least he lived a few good years. And then came back as a princess tentacle ghost.

Also, this line..

quote:

But the environment outside isn't particularly hospitable for a burial these days.

Makes me wonder if there's just something off about her property and it's grounds which would make it hard to dig through, or if Earth has taken on Alternia's properties for the dead rising. :zombie:

Lady of the Beech posted:

I think we are going to see Johnsprite (there is a taxidermy of B2!John in her house, it has to happen), ARsprite, and maybe maaaaybe Rosesprite. And somebody's probably going to end up protoyping him or herself.

Only of Johnsprite am I certain.

As much symmetry as we've seen in this story, I can't help but think that stuffed John's maiming might just end up being a callback to the previous prototyping, Jack, Vriska, etc, and might only be a tease that Hussie ends up not going all the way with.

The lack of prototyping towers may be a hint that there might be no prototyping at all, as tragic as that would be. (Although it could also be that they only sprout at first-prototyping, which could be an indirect way to hide the number of players who are actually going to participate this session.)

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Midnight Raider posted:

(Although it could also be that they only sprout at first-prototyping, which could be an indirect way to hide the number of players who are actually going to participate this session.)

This page takes place before John enters the Medium, so I doubt it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Walliard posted:

This page takes place before John enters the Medium, so I doubt it.

Uh, did you miss the page right before where John's house is covered in prototyped imps and ogres?

edit: oh wait the chronology is all messed up there my mistake

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 26, 2012

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Midnight Raider posted:

The lack of prototyping towers may be a hint that there might be no prototyping at all, as tragic as that would be. (Although it could also be that they only sprout at first-prototyping, which could be an indirect way to hide the number of players who are actually going to participate this session.)

It could also have something to do with Betty Crocker/The Condesce's influence, what with her having (presumably) taken the spot of Black Queen, and her company/empire being the ones to release Sburb instead of SkaiaNet.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Lady of the Beech posted:

But we need a Gcat sprite for one of the kids to go cat tire with. So we can have funny cat and dog themed jokes when Jade arrives.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Poor Jaspers. Dapper as hell, even after being squished flat like a bug.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Black Mage Knight posted:

It could also have something to do with Betty Crocker/The Condesce's influence, what with her having (presumably) taken the spot of Black Queen, and her company/empire being the ones to release Sburb instead of SkaiaNet.

There was no Skaianet for Sgrub, so i doubt its a necessity.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

KoB posted:

There was no Skaianet for Sgrub, so i doubt its a necessity.

I was getting at the coding/whatnot being changed by Crocker corp. Also it could even have something to do with Sburb being in alpha in the post scratch session.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Black Mage Knight posted:

I was getting at the coding/whatnot being changed by Crocker corp. Also it could even have something to do with Sburb being in alpha in the post scratch session.

I think Sbrub is consistent in every session. The only thing that changes is how it's distributed to the players (Sollux making SGrub from the Frog Temple ruins, Skaianet distributing it to ensure the kids will get it, etc). I like to imagine that the "distribution" (ie the Sburb disks, the Sgrub insects) only exist to tell paradox space to create the session and nothing else because of how consistent every session is, but that's just fan-theory.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 26, 2012

KoB
May 1, 2009

closeted republican posted:

I think Sbrub is consistent in every session. The only thing that changes is how it's distributed to the players (Sollux making SGrub from the Frog Temple ruins, Skaianet distributing it to ensure the kids will get it, etc). I like to imagine that the "distribution" (ie the Sburb disks, the Sgrub insects) only exist to tell paradox space to create the session and nothing else because of how consistent every session is, but that's just fan-theory.

It seems to me that its just the "coincidental inevitability" that scratch(I think) mentioned before. It all lines up perfectly because its supposed to.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
For a crushed kitty, Frigglish/Jaspers sure does have a nice looking corpse.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The nature of Frigglish's death was foreshadowed.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Bongo Bill posted:

The nature of Frigglish's death was foreshadowed.

It only took 4468 pages for it to finally happen.

Anti_Social
Jan 1, 2007

My problem is you dancing all the time
Does anyone else get the feeling the autoresponder glasses are going to turn out to be an antagonist?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Anti_Social posted:

Does anyone else get the feeling the autoresponder glasses are going to turn out to be an antagonist?

What's REALLY an antagonist in HomeStuck?

Besides the crazy omnipotent dog demon god who's killed almost every character.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

jetz0r posted:

What's REALLY an antagonist in HomeStuck?

Besides the crazy omnipotent dog demon god who's killed almost every character.

Everybody is an antagonist in Homestuck. I tried to devise a rule for what Homestuck villains do, and couldn't pick one that didn't also condemn at least one of the good trolls.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Anti_Social posted:

I'm with most everyone in thinking that we're going to have an ARsprite.

EDIT: If you had a Dave-ARsprite, would the game combust from cool irony overload?

dumb brunette fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 26, 2012

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Cleretic posted:

Everybody is an antagonist in Homestuck. I tried to devise a rule for what Homestuck villains do, and couldn't pick one that didn't also condemn at least one of the good trolls.

Destroy universes?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Destroy universes?

Karkat's fault.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Well, that's one Skaian cloud from the EoA6I1 down. Wonder what it is building up to.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I only just now caught the connection between Roxy's fetch modus and Rose's cruxite object.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
So I wonder how the contents of Roxy's bedroom are going to end up in B1!Roxy's laboratory. Will the fenestration wall implode and suck up her room? How does it get so neatly arranged?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

YggiDee posted:

I only just now caught the connection between Roxy's fetch modus and Rose's cruxite object.
Also two singles by The Police, Roxanne and Message In A Bottle.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

YggiDee posted:

So Roxy's cruxite object is going to be some kind of stem and leaf thing?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Or, y'know... a tree.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
no thats dumb your dumb

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Cleretic posted:

Karkat's fault.

Okay, intentionally destroys universes.

Also, for some reason I feel like Roxy's cruxite object is going to be a window, and breaking it with mutini will be how she enters the medium.

Also also, if there ends up being a cat tier, it'll be Roxy. Dog tier hero of space and cat tier hero of void.

I wonder if the lack of prototyping towers (if it actually means anything) just means that nothing will be prototyped but the sprite, so if GCat was prototyped it wouldn't actually matter. Not like the ring would affect the Condesce anyways. I wonder what a baseline imp looks like.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hello again Vodka Mutini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Starmaker posted:

I wonder what a baseline imp looks like.
We've already had a (brief) glimpse of the baseline imps:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002324