Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

I went back after taking stuff out of the envelopes and they said it was still too thick for the regular postage. :negative:

Looks like I'm going to have to spend a lot more on my valentines than I had planned. This is going to be at least 30 to send....Ugh stupid post office with their strict rules. I'm going to redo the envelopes yet again and stick the chocolates back in. If they're going to make me pay more for it I might as well make the most of it.

It's painful, isn't it. :( I actually bought a plexiglas template from the Post Office some years back, it was really useful because it had the thickness so I could pass an envelope through to make sure it was within limits. Apparently they don't even sell those templates anymore.

Postage is so freaking expensive. I spent $50ish on xmas card postage, and am using my leftover stamps that I've kept for over a year to send the Valentines. I dialed it down, can't afford to send as many Valentine's as I did xmas cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Just got a swell bundle of goodies all the way from Alaska from Locutus of Bald. My camera just couldn't capture the super-cuteness of the lenticular kitty Valentine no matter what the angle, but I love it. Thank you! :3:

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 10, 2012

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Is it okay at send holiday mail after the holiday? Work is being a bastard and AusPost Office opening times are retarded.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

skels posted:

Is it okay at send holiday mail after the holiday? Work is being a bastard and AusPost Office opening times are retarded.

Absolutely. This thread goes year-round.

wildlifeatlas
Jun 25, 2010
I'll be sending out my Valentine's cards this weekend. I hope everyone here likes the Muppets! If you would like a specific Muppet please let me know and I'll try to accomodate (I may not be able to hit up everyone).

Also, my name doesn't appear to be on the list. Could that be fixed? I'd like some Valentine's mail to cheer me up. Family's going through a rough patch and school's getting really busy (stupid Faculty of Education) so I'm kind of stressed out.

Muppet options are as follows:

Kermit
Miss Piggy
Dr. Bunson Honeyburner and Beaker
Animal
Fozzie Bear
Pepe the shrimp
Gonzo
All the Gang

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

wildlifeatlas posted:

I'll be sending out my Valentine's cards this weekend. I hope everyone here likes the Muppets! If you would like a specific Muppet please let me know and I'll try to accomodate (I may not be able to hit up everyone).

Also, my name doesn't appear to be on the list. Could that be fixed? I'd like some Valentine's mail to cheer me up. Family's going through a rough patch and school's getting really busy (stupid Faculty of Education) so I'm kind of stressed out.

Kermit
Miss Piggy
Animal
Fozzie Bear
Pepe the shrimp
Gonzo
All the Gang

Oh my heck, you exist! I tried to send you a Christmas card and it got return to sender'ed! :ohdear:

wildlifeatlas
Jun 25, 2010
I'm pretty sure that I am a real person...maybe I need doctor conformation? That's really weird, though. I've received mail from other goons no problem. Maybe your writing wasn't very clear?

Edit: would you like to pick out a Muppet valentine for your troubles?

miryei
Oct 11, 2011

lamb posted:

According to the press release:

Letters (1 oz.) will cost 45 cents. This is a 1-cent increase.
Additional ounces for letters will remain unchanged at 20 cents.
Postcards will increase 3 cents to 32 cents.
Letters to Canada or Mexico will cost 85 cents. This is a 5 cent increase.
Letters to other international destinations will increase 7 cents to cost $1.05.

Does anyone know if I can just buy 5-cent and 7-cent stamps to make up the difference, or if I have to buy all new stamps for international mail? I'd like to get smaller denominations and just use them with the leftover stamps I bought last month if that's an option.

Working on valentines now. Feeling really uncreative about it this year, though, so there will probably only be a few.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

miryei posted:

Does anyone know if I can just buy 5-cent and 7-cent stamps to make up the difference, or if I have to buy all new stamps for international mail? I'd like to get smaller denominations and just use them with the leftover stamps I bought last month if that's an option.

Working on valentines now. Feeling really uncreative about it this year, though, so there will probably only be a few.

You can just add stamps. Stamps are virtually the same as currency, except of course only working as stamps and not being able to buy a house with them. I bought a shitload of 1c-25c stamps because the series that was current are these gorgeous bugs of Canada ones. I have tons so I can weather most postal increases... with bugs! :sun:

But seriously the artwork of those bugs is gorgeous. A lot of you have seen them.

Can't remember if it was mentioned, but Canada's postal rates went up as well. Just FYI to the Canadians.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

wildlifeatlas posted:

I'm pretty sure that I am a real person...maybe I need doctor conformation? That's really weird, though. I've received mail from other goons no problem. Maybe your writing wasn't very clear?

Edit: would you like to pick out a Muppet valentine for your troubles?

I would, and I will try to resend your Christmas card, as well! It's tucked away safely somewhere in my room. :3:

Can I have a valentine featuring Dr. Bunson Honeyburner and Beaker?

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

wildlifeatlas posted:

Kermit
Miss Piggy
Animal
Fozzie Bear
Pepe the shrimp
Gonzo
All the Gang

Could I get a Gonzo? I've had a mad crush on that screwball ever since I can remember. I think it's the chickens, actually.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

wildlifeatlas posted:

Kermit
Miss Piggy
Animal
Fozzie Bear
Pepe the shrimp
Gonzo
All the Gang
Animal will always be my favorite. We drummers need to stick together :rock:

I'm heading out to pick up some Baltimore postcards today, so there will be another round of Valentines from me :). Now that I'm back in the US, I can afford postage on more than 8 cards.

miryei
Oct 11, 2011

when worlds collide posted:

You can just add stamps. Stamps are virtually the same as currency, except of course only working as stamps and not being able to buy a house with them. I bought a shitload of 1c-25c stamps because the series that was current are these gorgeous bugs of Canada ones. I have tons so I can weather most postal increases... with bugs! :sun:

But seriously the artwork of those bugs is gorgeous. A lot of you have seen them.

Can't remember if it was mentioned, but Canada's postal rates went up as well. Just FYI to the Canadians.

Wait so I can cover an envelope with 85 1-cent stamps and mail it to Canada? Harry Potter mail inc!

Tragedy Sherbert
Dec 16, 2011
The tragedy is it's not ice cream
I have sent out the first of my letters! Hopefully, it reaches it's destination safely. :ohdear:

And I would love a muppettine! Especially if it were of the lovely Miss Piggy!

Apostate
Aug 7, 2006
There are some things you just don't want to know...
Thank-you lamb and Pennington for the awesome goodies! I really really appreciate it. I will be getting together some art supplies this weekend to send out Valengoon's Cards, although some may get re-purposed Christmas cards as well. Not to worry! I am planning on zombification so they should be entertaining if not wholly innapropriate.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Hours of work put into them and forty dollars later to send them out, 19 valentines are on their way!

Vixenella
Mar 24, 2009

wildlifeatlas posted:

Kermit
Miss Piggy
Animal
Fozzie Bear
Pepe the shrimp
Gonzo
All the Gang

I would like either a Gonzo or Fozzie card but Alkaphanel said he would choose a Dr Bunson & Beaker one. So if you want to put the 3 of them in a hat and choose one and just surprise us that would be great!

I found some super goony cards at Superstore today..I already had some at home so I didn't buy them but I think I have to go back and get them.

I might send the Canadian ones on Friday and then when I'm in the states next weekend send the US ones, since postage up here sucks!

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible
I was hit by a car while riding my motorcycle last week and badly broke my arm (and made a pretty good mess of the rest of me). I can't work, ride, work out, climb or do most of the things I like doing and I am hella bummed out about it. I would really appreciate some mail to help cheer me up and going to the mailbox store will encourage me to leave my damned house more often (laying at home on the internet gets boring).

Becky S
3400 E Speedway
Ste 118 Box 118 (not a typo, yeah it's redundant)
Tucson, Az 85716

No NWS stuff on the outside of envelopes please.

Luckily it was my left and I am right handed so I can still draw and write, but I have also been thinking about mailing pages of my crappy high school sketchbooks out, because they are oddly sentimental and I can't make myself throw them out but they aren't good enough to do anything with (It's pretty typical high school art, lots of fantasy/comics/star wars sketches) So I guess request a postcard doodle of something or amusing bad high school art if you want some!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Woo Hoo! More goonmail! Now I'm even more of a dick for not posting pictures!

(I will be posting pictures. Promise. I have a whole box of stuff that goons have sent me and I have not posted, and I even worked on some of the coloring pages!)

So, I'll be posting pictures soon. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY...

Mrs. Genesplicer made some special Valentine's cards for me, so some of you will be getting something special before I send out my next batch of postcards.

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
The first batch of mail I got at my new place contained some Goon Mail! Thanks to lamb and Team Lunch for the Valentine goodies. :)

Bonus Valentine cat butt:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Bushwhacked posted:

Bonus Valentine cat butt:

Aww! I think I love your kitty!

I got my first Valentine from Hemlock today. Thank you SO much, it made my day which was lovely up until that point. I love the stickers too. You're awesome. :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
A thank you to vegemitesandwhich for the local goonmail. Thank you for the promise not to stalk me haha. The tiny robot card was very cute.

And now as promised here are pictures.

Keetron's awesome handmade anglerfish postcard all the way from the Netherlands

And When worlds collide's weird angel thing

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Before I blow my wad on three (I assume cunvalet's enthusiasm means she'd like one) creeptastic cards, does anyone else want a terrifyingly inappropriate and possibly psychologically damaging Valentine from me? I promise to stop just short of rubbing it on my crotch.

Please god yes. I will trade a creepy Sherlock valentine for one.

edit: welp, all the spots are taken. Ah well, you're still getting a creepy Sherlock valentine.

Also, lamb your valentine came in the mail yesterday. I've never actually made one of those foldy fortune teller things before and I am having way too much fun irritating my boyfriend with it. :neckbeard:

50s girl groupon fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 26, 2012

RudyBrah
Sep 27, 2010
We just got our first goon-mail today! I haven't been able to post lately (hopefully I'm still in the registry) and we have a batch of PSA type cards ready to send out tomorrow.

I'll be posting pictures of HEMLOCK's wonderfully questionable card later tonight.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

Unexpected Road posted:

Please god yes. I will trade a creepy Sherlock valentine for one.

edit: welp, all the spots are taken. Ah well, you're still getting a creepy Sherlock valentine.

I may be persuaded to make one more. I only really put the limit at 10 because I had a pack of 10 cards, but I have coupons and a desire to horrify please, so I'll probably hit up the store on the way home.

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
Thanks vegemitesandwich for the adorable card and stickers! I have to ask, where did you buy your cards? They're exactly the type of card I would like to give out for Valentine's day.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Thank you to vegemitesandwich, Pillory Soft, and Hemlock for the adorable Goonentines, stickers, colouring pages, and tattoos! I'll post some pictures later today.

Nearly everything I've gotten has included cats in some way. We're all just crazy cat ladies, aren't we? I don't know whether to be amused or depressed. :buddy:

My Valentines went out on Tuesday rather than Monday, but Canadian goons should probably get 'em by the end of the week. I hope the envelopes don't mysteriously disintegrate in the mail this time.

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 29, 2012

vegemitesandwhich
Nov 17, 2005
DiRt-y Girl
You're welcome to those who have gotten valentine's from me already! I actually just came on to say that I had put them in the mail a couple days ago, so Canagoons should be getting them nowish. I have a bunch for out of country too, but no stamps! I should be making a trip to the post office this weekend though!

And Famine Poodle I found those at Michaels! They were too cute to pass up even though I had already gotten some from the dollar store!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

The next card I'm doing is one of the H.E.L.P.eR robot. He looks so sad, I hope whoever gets him will be his Valentine. :3:

Also, Pillory Soft I totally got your other valentine today. It's BEAUTIFUL!

MuseOfAllSoup
Aug 8, 2006
will not love you long time
Ooh, add me! Got some cool stuff a couple years ago and wanna try this again.

Fun Fact: I turn 29 on 2/9 this year.

J. Ha (museofallsoup)
PO BOX 1874
HUNTINGTON BEACH CA 92647

No NWS on envelopes, thanks

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Look! Another Venturetine!

USS Kobayashi Issa
Jul 18, 2011

cuntvalet posted:

Look! Another Venturetine!

That is too cute. :3:

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Many thanks to lamb for the Valentine's Day stuff! Fortune Teller Fish says I am passionate... every time. ;-*

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

USS Kobayashi Issa posted:

That is too cute. :3:

Aww thank you!

Brock is up next. :3:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

cuntvalet posted:

Aww thank you!

Brock is up next. :3:

You have to have plans for Molotov too, right? I mean, with that heart and everything...

(edit: Not a request, I swear. These are pretty drat awesome.)

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

You have to have plans for Molotov too, right? I mean, with that heart and everything...

But she looks hard to draw. *whine* Granted, I'm a little ashamed that the Venturetines are getting a little...uncreative. I should fix that. Or at least pay penance by attempting Mol'.

But first! Brock!

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.

vegemitesandwhich posted:

You're welcome to those who have gotten valentine's from me already! I actually just came on to say that I had put them in the mail a couple days ago, so Canagoons should be getting them nowish. I have a bunch for out of country too, but no stamps! I should be making a trip to the post office this weekend though!

And Famine Poodle I found those at Michaels! They were too cute to pass up even though I had already gotten some from the dollar store!

Darn, I was afraid of that. I love tiny Michaels cards. The one near me seems to be out. :( I'll have to think of another valentine-delivery idea.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
Chupe

Chupe Raho Aurat fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 22, 2014

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Vegemite Sandwich and Niemat

Thank you for the lovely cards and stickers! <3 I woke up in a funk this morning and was moody and just blah and then I opened your goonmail and was much happier for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Thank you Niemat and Lamb for the card and goodies, I would upload a picture but my internet magic is gone and might be back later.