Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars
Or you know, this. Cannot wait to buy and look like a Seinfeld cookie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Will never understand why a Newcastle home shirt was ever anything but alternating black and white stripes. How was that ever a sensible decision?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Hoops posted:

Will never understand why a Newcastle home shirt was ever anything but alternating black and white stripes. How was that ever a sensible decision?

Same thing happens to every black and white stripey team, it seems.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
That second one is gorgeous.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Are those the new Newcastle tops? Whats going on with that collar

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Meanwhile, in a land where new shirts are coming out...

"Los Angeles Galaxy 2012 Third Long Sleeve TechFit Jersey"

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
Apart from the cum stains and the weirdly high sponsor that's pretty nice.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
The gold print and stripes match Becks' golden locks

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
i know it's too early to believe any rumours but no no no no no no no no n on on o no n o

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

The SARS Volta posted:

Meanwhile, in a land where new shirts are coming out...

"Los Angeles Galaxy 2012 Third Long Sleeve TechFit Jersey"

That's a pretty sweet right bicep that invisible mannequin has.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Soup and a Sandwich posted:

i know it's too early to believe any rumours but no no no no no no no no n on on o no n o

didn't we just have one of these

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

That's passable as a training/pre-match shirt, no chance as a match kit... I hope.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I don't dislike it. The maroon colour is a little "interior designer", but styling wise it's really just a non-clashing striped shirt, atleast there's no gradients or mosaics or anything weird.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
nah mate it's poo poo

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I would have thought they'd go with something like the Celtic away kit.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

oh gently caress off not again

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

uhhh you're not FC St. Pauli, what the gently caress is with that brown.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

yellow and blue, Nike, how do you keep loving it up so badly.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
The bordeaux red and yellow away from last season was beautiful, I don't see why Arsenal wouldn't stick to that colour combination for a while.

sweek0 fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jan 26, 2012

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

It's fake, chill.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
We need a separate thread for poo poo mock ups of major clubs.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Quite the amazing story I found on reddit

How I accidentally trolled the Spanish press, Atletico Madrid fans, and a knock-off football kit manufacturer.

Right, where to start… First off, I should explain. I do a lot of photoshopping. Sometimes for flyers, others for meme-style stuff, etc. Another thing I like to do sometimes is knock out designs for football shirts. I’ve an interest in football shirts in general so it’s something I do mostly out of boredom or to try out different photoshop methods, such as drawing paths, etc. I post some of these designs on https://www.footballshirtculture.com, which has a gallery section for user created kit designs.
At the start of January last year, this image appeared on the net showing the yet-unconfirmed 2011/2012 Barcelona kit. We know now that it turned out to be real, but it wasn't known yet at the time.
I recreated the shirt in Photoshop, just out of curiosity.

Then, while I had everything open, I knocked out what an Atletico Madrid shirt might look like using the same style.

Even though I wasn't fond of it myself, I saved it and uploaded to the gallery and thought nothing more of it.
The next day I look at the site and I notice that my Atletico shirt design was getting a huge number of hits (1000 in a couple of days, while other designs uploaded around the same time were barely hitting the hundreds, which is the normal amount). I checked the comments for it and saw that someone had posted saying that the reason my design was getting so many hits was because the Spanish press were circulating my picture as a genuine leak. A quick Google search, and I found this article (http://tinyurl.com/8x6ufpx)

Here’s a Google translation:
The design of the new shirt of Atletico Madrid for the 2011-12 season saw the light in the Dutch website dedicated to footballshirtculture.com. This shirt would end up with stripes on the sleeves and incorporate a total of seven red stripes on eight other white, unlike the five traditional red. The main change would be that the red lines would lose thickness as they move toward the bottom of the shirt for the white parts. The neck, which last season was red and it was changed to white, disappear for the 2011-12 and thus give a more in polo shirts and less. The new red and white uniform is always one of the best kept secrets as a sports brand that sponsors the club always likes to keep the mystery about how it will be the shirt. Therefore, to uncover new project now, Nike could consider a change to the model that has been discovered by this website or redesign a new model. In addition to the shirt of Atletico, the Dutch website also uncovered the design of future zamarra of Barcelona, very similar to Atleti, but Blaugrana, the Arsenal, Manchester United or Ajax.

Another quick search then brought up this thread on https://www.colchonero.com which from what I could ascertain, is a major Atletico Madrid forum. Sufficed to say, feedback was pretty divisive.
Twenty-seven pages. Twenty-seven pages of Atletico Madrid fans in uproar over the shirt. My shirt. The shirt that I casually shat out in a couple of bored minutes. I didn’t even like it.

This was all a year ago. However, I found out today that, not only did the Spanish press believe my shirt to be the real deal, but so did a company in Asia that make knock-off replica shirts. To get their dodgy merchandise out at the same time as the official kit launch, they sometimes have to go ahead with manufacturing before the design is confirmed...

I think you know now where this is going.
So without further ado, I present to you, the physical manifestation of a fake Atletico Madrid shirt design that I threw together in about ten bored minutes.

I can't stop laughing.

TL;DR version
Last year I made a fake picture of an Atletico Madrid kit for shits and giggles. Spanish press circulated it as the real deal. AM fans were outraged with it. I only found out now that a company that makes dodgy knock-off kits thought it was real too, and physically made the shirt I drew.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Thats amazing. I hope he bought one of them for himself

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
That's awesome, I would love for this kind of thing to happen more often just to see everyone flip out. He really hit the trifecta: media, fans and companies looking to make a quick buck.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Awesome story

You're a legend. See what happens when you template every kit design Nike/addias/etc?

quote:

Twenty-seven pages of Atletico Madrid fans in uproar over the shirt.

I wish Barca fans would do the same, instead they keep getting lovely kits and a shitter sponsor.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

You're a legend. See what happens when you template every kit design Nike/addias/etc?

Thanks Fooly Cooly 25, much appreciated.
Now read my post again. Or maybe just the first sentence if you're in a hurry.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Thanks Fooly Cooly 25, much appreciated.
Now read my post again. Or maybe just the first sentence if you're in a hurry.

I get that you trolled everything with a mock-up...I'm was just saying I'm not a big fan of the templates that most companies pump out nowadays...the same ones that made it easier for you to trick apparently of all Spain :)

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

I get that you trolled everything with a mock-up...I'm was just saying I'm not a big fan of the templates that most companies pump out nowadays...the same ones that made it easier for you to trick apparently of all Spain :)

It wasn't him :shobon:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Now read that first sentence again.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I think that weird piano key design looks okay with red and white anyway, although the story is pretty awesome.

The thing about Barca shirts is that they play in blue and purpley-red with a yellow trim. They're horrible colours, even in regular stripes. Their shirts are always going to look gash but because they're such an iconic club people are just used to it.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Now read that first sentence again.

:doh:

so...hey...how about kits, eh??

I'll go hide now.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

Hoops posted:

I think that weird piano key design looks okay with red and white anyway, although the story is pretty awesome.

The thing about Barca shirts is that they play in blue and purpley-red with a yellow trim. They're horrible colours, even in regular stripes. Their shirts are always going to look gash but because they're such an iconic club people are just used to it.

The colour scheme can work if you keep it simple as below, I think. But clubs don't exactly like to keep one simple design because that's not going to sell them more shirts each season.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

sweek0 posted:

The colour scheme can work if you keep it simple as below, I think. But clubs don't exactly like to keep one simple design because that's not going to sell them more shirts each season.

They're really ugly colours though, still. If you can mentally put aside that it's obviously a Barcelona shirt and we all see it as "Barcelona" automatically, it's ugly as sin. If you'd never seen that shirt before, and someone posted it instead of that brown and black Arsenal away before, everyone would hate it just as much.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

The colours go well IMO .

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoops posted:

They're really ugly colours though, still. If you can mentally put aside that it's obviously a Barcelona shirt and we all see it as "Barcelona" automatically, it's ugly as sin. If you'd never seen that shirt before, and someone posted it instead of that brown and black Arsenal away before, everyone would hate it just as much.

That's a totally sweet FC Basel shir- what do you mean Barcelona?

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Oh, Japan...what have you done with your away kits?

:japan: The yellow one is particularly horrible, although I think its for the junior team,

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

:japan: The yellow one is particularly horrible, although I think its for the junior team,

Pink cherry blossoms for the Nadeshiko. :japan: as gently caress.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Japan just really, really loves Star Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigStu
Apr 16, 2011
Does anyone know if the Everton shirts with the alternate sponsor used earlier this year are for sale anywhere?