Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I liked Cap with Hidden Missiles. Gives Cap mixups with his cartwheels, covers his rear end and enables him to otg after a Hyper Charging Star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Anyone able to give some advice for Iron Fist? I'm currently running Wolverine (Barrage)/Iron Fist (Dragon Fang)/Doom (Missiles), and I just have the worst time opening people up with IF. I know that his design is a large part of this, and I try to follow some of the advice I picked up but it never seems to work in practice. Trying to apply some pressure just gets me pushblocked, so what usually happens is I do MHf.H (get pushblocked) xx Rekka, which whiffs and get I punished. If I try to make things safer by canceling it into a Chi for the armor, its still too slow and they just hit me twice while I'm recovering and I eat a full combo anyway.

Two other related questions with IF: is there any good followup to his overhead aside from finishing the rekkas into super? And does his qcf M, s.H c.H f.H j.HS combo segment not work on some characters? I played a guy with a Joe/Firebrand/Arthur team and they seemed like they were teching out of if right as I jumped. Its possible though I wasn't paying attention and missed the f.H though.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Jmcrofts posted:

If you activate XF3 and LV3 and then manage to kill a character (which does feel pretty inevitable, yeah), Ourobouros will definitely run out of time before you can do much damage at all to the second character, and probably before they come in at all. At that point you're dealing with just a regular XF3 character, which admittedly are almost all absurdly powerful, but it's nothing at all like dark phoenix where you can burn through an entire team long before the x-factor timer runs down.

XF3 Strider by himself without Ourobouros is really scary too, he isn't DP in terms of he will sweep your whole team with a comeback even if you completely blew up his first two characters. But if your having an evenish game so far maybe even winning a bit and they have Strider on anchor you lose. The point I was mostly getting at was snap him in and blow him up with a silly on entrance mixup then kill him right then and there.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Van Ishikawa posted:

Anyone able to give some advice for Iron Fist? I'm currently running Wolverine (Barrage)/Iron Fist (Dragon Fang)/Doom (Missiles), and I just have the worst time opening people up with IF. I know that his design is a large part of this, and I try to follow some of the advice I picked up but it never seems to work in practice. Trying to apply some pressure just gets me pushblocked, so what usually happens is I do MHf.H (get pushblocked) xx Rekka, which whiffs and get I punished. If I try to make things safer by canceling it into a Chi for the armor, its still too slow and they just hit me twice while I'm recovering and I eat a full combo anyway.

Two other related questions with IF: is there any good followup to his overhead aside from finishing the rekkas into super? And does his qcf M, s.H c.H f.H j.HS combo segment not work on some characters? I played a guy with a Joe/Firebrand/Arthur team and they seemed like they were teching out of if right as I jumped. Its possible though I wasn't paying attention and missed the f.H though.

The F+H is able to be jump canceled and followed up with j.L (or any air normal really), which is what you need to do to keep your pressure up, and deal with pushblocking a little better. I'd actually rather use Doom with Rocks or Plasma Beam for IF though, since those assists should help IF cover the horizontal space a bit better. Try to call your assist as you get in, if the assist hits you cant be pushblocked and you can jump cancel the F+H into a j.L or j.H to keep up pressure or force your opponent to block high. If you can get them to constantly block high, then you can start cancelling into QCB+L rekka to get a low mixup instead of jump cancelling the F+H.

No idea on if that string doesn't work on some characters, but with Arthur/Joe/Firebrand's smaller size, it wouldn't surprise me if the string was a bit tighter.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I just watched this combo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tHVYt2N_Yc8

When he TACs into Akuma he does a whiffed dive dick to beat his opponent to the ground so he can relaunch. Does the first hit after a TAC cause an untechable fall?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dren posted:

he does a whiffed dive dick to beat his opponent to the ground

:o sounds pretty sexy

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010

Dren posted:

I just watched this combo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tHVYt2N_Yc8

When he TACs into Akuma he does a whiffed dive dick to beat his opponent to the ground so he can relaunch. Does the first hit after a TAC cause an untechable fall?

Yeah, they can't tech until you hit them with an actual attack.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Xuuel posted:

Yeah, they can't tech until you hit them with an actual attack.

That is awesome I never noticed that.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day
Doesn't Hyper Charging Star completely ruin most of Ghost Rider's options? Seems like all you need to do is hit one of those on reaction to GR's j.S and then once you're in you can do whatever you want because GR shouldn't be able to get away.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Hyper Charging Star is (I believe) projectile invincible only actually. If he actually has any physical attack invincibility,it doesn't last long enough to go through the chain.
If GR is a full-screen away Jumping S can actually knock Cap out of it clean.

The real problem for GR in that match-up is when Cap is able to get in at mid-screen and use Jumping Shield Slash which basically controls all of GR's options.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Shiki Dan posted:

Hyper Charging Star is (I believe) projectile invincible only actually. If he actually has any physical attack invincibility,it doesn't last long enough to go through the chain.
If GR is a full-screen away Jumping S can actually knock Cap out of it clean.

The real problem for GR in that match-up is when Cap is able to get in at mid-screen and use Jumping Shield Slash which basically controls all of GR's options.

What about Cap's DP Super?

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
DP super doesn't actually help him from mid-screen or further. Plus you're blowing a meter to do about 20% to GR and then knock him away. It doesn't stop GR's gameplan.

I actually play a Cap player in my local scene fairly frequently, and mid-screen Jumping Shield Slash I can say is definitely the hardest and most frustrating thing for GR to deal with. Especially if the Cap player has a horizontal projectile assist (why would you not, if you're playing Cap on point).

Toilet.Duck
Jul 13, 2006
Cleanest ever!
Wouldn't hit clean enough to be worth the meter, not even sure it's fast enough to do on reaction, he'll just fall out of it and be back to square one.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
E: never mind, I misread something.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

XF3 Strider by himself without Ourobouros is really scary too, he isn't DP in terms of he will sweep your whole team with a comeback even if you completely blew up his first two characters. But if your having an evenish game so far maybe even winning a bit and they have Strider on anchor you lose. The point I was mostly getting at was snap him in and blow him up with a silly on entrance mixup then kill him right then and there.

Even if XF3 Strider wasn't that powerful, it'd still probably be a great idea to snap-in Strider just to deal with that drat assist.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I think the biggest issue with Cap vs GR is that my projectile assist (Sentinel drones) is pretty easy for him to hit and get rid of since Sentinel stays out a while, is huge, and it takes a while for the drones to actually reach GR too.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Metrohunter posted:

I think the biggest issue with Cap vs GR is that my projectile assist (Sentinel drones) is pretty easy for him to hit and get rid of since Sentinel stays out a while, is huge, and it takes a while for the drones to actually reach GR too.

I use Sent assist too and I've noticed the same problem. I haven't tried it yet but I'm gonna see if I can you defend Sent by jumping towards GR and pushblocking.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
I think a beam assist might be good to have for the reasons mentioned earlier and for when drones don't work. It doesn't stay out as long, but put Doom or Tony in there and they can't zone you out as easily.

duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.

Metrohunter posted:

Not guaranteed safe or anything but you could always call drones assist and use the infernal spire (Back + H) to block any shield slashes coming in and hitting sentinel.

I know full well it's major happy birthday material for cap but if nothing else it seems like an okay meterless option.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Brother Entropy posted:

Even if XF3 Strider wasn't that powerful, it'd still probably be a great idea to snap-in Strider just to deal with that drat assist.

Ohh wow I didn't even mention that, yeah that is another reason I snap him in I thought I mentioned it :psyduck:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
In case it hasn't been posted, you can check out what DLC characters Japanese players want to see. And apparently, they hate Mega Man too! They also know a lot of obscure Marvel characters...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Japan's taste seems awfully familiar.

Ainsworth
Dec 5, 2008

:fry::burger:
If Mega man does get in finally, watch it be the Boxart Mega man,

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Ainsworth posted:

If Mega man does get in finally, watch it be the Boxart Mega man,

He's already in SF x Tekken

Ainsworth
Dec 5, 2008

:fry::burger:

purkey posted:

He's already in SF x Tekken

Exactly.

What's to stop Capcom from just re-using his model for DLC?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
UMvC3 is filled with Mega Man trolls already, it's not like BBA Megaman is somehow going to add to the trolling when they already used that card on SFxT.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!

TwoPair posted:

In case it hasn't been posted, you can check out what DLC characters Japanese players want to see. And apparently, they hate Mega Man too! They also know a lot of obscure Marvel characters...

I see at least two Runaways characters, impressive.

Also, Date deserves that top spot.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Seeing Date at that kind of position on both Japan's and USA's wish lists makes me pretty happy. If only his character wasn't basically co-opted by Wolverine and Vergil.

e: like it seems those two already do most of the stuff date does, except for ride motorcycle horses and have cheesy engrish

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day
I love it. There's at least 3 Rival School characters on that list. That's loving awesome.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!

Policenaut posted:

like it seems those two already do most of the stuff date does, except for ride motorcycle horses and have cheesy engrish

Pretty much true, but one of Date's SB3 super arts has him shoot a giant, slow-moving lightning orb that would probably work like Venom's hyper in GG. It'd be pretty neat.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

TwoPair posted:

No idea what game Mobile Suit Alpha is from, but I'd pick him up in an instant unless he's absolute poo poo. Armor looks awesome on the Marvel side.

E: Oda Nobunaga. Hey, we'd get to have a Sengoku Basara character in a decent game.

Oh, Date is one too. Whatever, it'd own to have both of them. Especially if Norio Wakamoto gets involved.

PalmTreeFun fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 27, 2012

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

PalmTreeFun posted:

No idea what game Mobile Suit Alpha is from, but I'd pick him up in an instant unless he's absolute poo poo.

Side Arms Hyper Dyne

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Pasteurized Milk posted:

Side Arms Hyper Dyne

Oh, I actually played that (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3TOJtGwkSI) on some PS2 Capcom games collection and forgot about it. It was a mediocre shmup with some neat ideas, but I'd love to see the character in Marvel with similar abilities. Gradius-style powerups and flight and armor upgrades and stuff.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
I never considered Cloak & Dagger, but now I really want to see it. I don't want to get behind more DLC/revisions for Marvel, but there's so much more that can be done with it.

Also, drat. Japan loves Runaways.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't think there's anyone who wouldn't want to see Molly Hayes in this game. She'd have the best winquotes.

Date is surprising, though.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
No loving idea how Hope got on the list though, especially since her main powers are A) stabilizing others' mutations, which isn't exactly something you can build an entire character around & B) power mimicry, which would make her an Edge Master/Mokujin-style ditto fighter, which would just be a waste of a slot on the character select screen in a game with as many characters as this.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

404GoonNotFound posted:

No loving idea how Hope got on the list though, especially since her main powers are A) stabilizing others' mutations, which isn't exactly something you can build an entire character around & B) power mimicry, which would make her an Edge Master/Mokujin-style ditto fighter, which would just be a waste of a slot on the character select screen in a game with as many characters as this.

"Cable except female" would probably be a big part of it.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
That list is hilarious. It has characters from Zero X Advent and not regular Megaman.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I'm not sure if this got posted on any of the fg thread, but this is so beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

TwoPair posted:

The fact that Venom isn't already in is a crime.
Kirin Armor (female) is all the way down at 14? Really thought Monster Hunter would rank higher.

• Locked thread