Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Slasherfan posted:

anyone get the Ghosthouse Riff? Downloading mine now.

It was amazing. Easy top 5. Crazy good.

All of you, buy it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Slasherfan posted:

anyone get the Ghosthouse Riff? Downloading mine now.

Terrible terrible movie and hilarious Rifftrax. Probably one of my favorites now.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Whoa, some high praise for this one. Looks like I'll have to make this my next purchase!

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

So I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to Rifftrax. If I buy the ghosthouse track, do I get a video file for the movie, or is it just the audio file?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

KillerQueen posted:

So I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to Rifftrax. If I buy the ghosthouse track, do I get a video file for the movie, or is it just the audio file?

If it's "Rifftrax On-Demend" then it includes the movie, which Ghosthouse is one of those movies. You can generally tell if it's has the movie when it's $8 to $10 dollars. Troll 2 was a regular Rifftrax that now has a On-Demend version.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Edit: ^^:ninja:

KillerQueen posted:

Ghosthouse is Video on Demand so you get the film(with the Rifftrax already synched obvious).

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

KillerQueen posted:

You get the whole movie already synched. You can choose from ISO, mpeg, mp4 (for video iPod or iPad), or a wmv (or download them all).

This applies to all VOD (video on demand) and the shorts.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Rirse posted:

If it's "Rifftrax On-Demend" then it includes the movie, which Ghosthouse is one of those movies. You can generally tell if it's has the movie when it's $8 to $10 dollars. Troll 2 was a regular Rifftrax that now has a On-Demend version.

Ah, thank you! A few friends have show me Rifftrax before, but there was never really a pattern of presynched or not.
I was just a little startled when I saw the price of the track and then the price of the movie if I were to get it off amazon.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Ghosthouse was hysterical. I'm really enjoying how Nick Nolte keeps showing up during all of their recent riffs.

The new short "Friends" is pretty out there. I really enjoyed it, and recommend it to fans of "What is nothing?"

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The Thor riff is amazing. I hadn't even seen the movie before.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Krazyface posted:

Same here, never had any intention of seeing the movie before ... but it was great with the Rifftrax.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I love it when horror movies are riffed, ghosthouse is pretty hillarious.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
What happens if someone owns a movie in the UK? Vipco own the rights to Ghosthouse over here, I have the dvd of it.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Slasherfan posted:

What happens if someone owns a movie in the UK? Vipco own the rights to Ghosthouse over here, I have the dvd of it.

Ghosthouse is a VOD, so you'll just download the video anyway.

With regular riffs, they'll have a PAL version.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you haven't purchased it yet, they put out a coupon for $3 off Ghosthouse for a limited time (they don't say how limited.)

The coupon is HAMRADIO

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

If you haven't purchased it yet, they put out a coupon for $3 off Ghosthouse for a limited time (they don't say how limited.)

The coupon is HAMRADIO
Says I don't have enough applicable products in the cart.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The coupon is HAMRADIO

drat, and I just bought it this morning too.

Oh well, I don't mind giving them $3 extra.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Its only $3 dollars off if you buy Ghosthouse and an additional VOD movie. I bundled it with Buffalo Rider. gonna laugh my rear end off this weekend.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Piper posted:

Its only $3 dollars off if you buy Ghosthouse and an additional VOD movie. I bundled it with Buffalo Rider. gonna laugh my rear end off this weekend.

Two incredible choices.

Ghosthouse was great, Buffalo Rider is so drat bizarre and hilarious.

Abraxas was kinda slow, though. Galaxy Invader, too. They're good, but Buffalo Rider and Ghosthouse absolutely kill.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Abraxas is a drat slog to get through. Don't get me wrong, the riffing is great. But the movie is determined to go as slow as possible. Every time you think something is going to happen they have an aside about how hard it is to be a single mother or a 'wacky' comic relief bit or the villain starts narrating for no God drat reason or :suicide:

God, and I've watched "Setting Up a Room" four times!

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I think I really despise those privileged plum-wasting little girls in that "Friends" video.

Some of us don't have any old ruins full of ripe plums! :argh:

But it's another nice short to add to the "What the gently caress?" collection.

Universe Master fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 26, 2012

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Ghost House is definitely in the top three of their VOD riffs, but I really hope they stop adding SFX to certain jokes. It doesn't happen often, but it's always jarring.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Universe Master posted:

I think I really despise those privileged plum-wasting little girls in that "Friends" video.

Some of us don't have any old ruins full of ripe plums! :argh:

But it's another nice short to add to the "What the gently caress?" collection.

That was a disturbing short.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

GHOST HOOOUSE!!!!

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Have any of the guys said if they'll do Green Lantern at some point? It seems like such a no-brainer, and it's a little weird that they'd pick better recieved superhero films before it.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

fenix down posted:

GHOST HOOOUSE!!!!

I'll revoke your charter, Hobbit House!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I also liked the line "All I know are computers..."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Behonkiss posted:

Have any of the guys said if they'll do Green Lantern at some point? It seems like such a no-brainer, and it's a little weird that they'd pick better recieved superhero films before it.

I'm still carrying the torch for GI Joe.

I can't believe they riffed Transformers 1 but let GI Joe slide by.

And Green Lantern was way worse than any comic book movie. Maybe they figure that fruit is hanging so low why bother.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I like how they made The Island of Dr. Moreau watchable. They even made a Devendra Banhart reference.

But seriously, I wish there was a documentary about the making of this movie because it had to be nothing short of a clusterfuck.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You know, I wish my vaguely European girlfriend would make me chili while I computer.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Had some money to burn, so I grabbed Magic Christmas Tree, Buffalo Rider, Ghost House (thanks for the coupon above), and a bunch of shorts I got backlogged on. All in all, $36 dollars spent.

Wondering about the few VOD I didn't grab. How is Laser Mission, Hercules, Warriors of the Wasteland, Abraxas, and Galaxy Invaders?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rirse posted:

Had some money to burn, so I grabbed Magic Christmas Tree, Buffalo Rider, Ghost House (thanks for the coupon above), and a bunch of shorts I got backlogged on. All in all, $36 dollars spent.

Wondering about the few VOD I didn't grab. How is Laser Mission, Hercules, Warriors of the Wasteland, Abraxas, and Galaxy Invaders?

This can't be stressed enough. Pretty much every VOD is awesome. The ones you named, awesome.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Rirse posted:

Hercules is great (As men as men could be!) and WotW has its moments, but I found Laser Mission to be Transformer's level annoying with its crazy commie comedy and even the riff couldn't save it, Abraxas is just really slow, and I can't recall anything standing out about Galaxy Invader.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Galaxy Invader has the insane old man with the hole in his shirt.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Galaxy Invader has the insane old man with the hole in his shirt.

Well, except that.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What kinda of drugs went through the minds who made the "Friends" short.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Krazyface posted:

It ranks right up there with the Twilight's for me. Thor has some laughs on it's own, and the Rifftrax builds on it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rirse posted:

What kinda of drugs went through the minds who made the "Friends" short.

Yeah, I just watched that this afternoon, loving bizarre.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Knightmare posted:

It ranks right up there with the Twilight's for me. Thor has some laughs on it's own, and the Rifftrax builds on it.

It's so strange for Odin to be Odinsleeping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
From Mike's Twitter:

quote:

My mandated Sexual Harassment Avoidance training is now complete. And may I say, RiffTrax thanks you, state of California, for the video...

• Locked thread