Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Waverhouse posted:

Quick question: When dormmamu does his purple bullet projectile think (I think its his forward M) and he teleports, which way do I block? I can jump to avoid but it sometimes I dont have that option.

1) It's his forward H, not M.
2) Block whichever way you'd block Dormammu himself at the time the projectile would hit. So if he shoots one from the left side of the screen, and then teleports behind you to the right side, you want to hold left (blocking away from Dorm). Assists work the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day
Question about Doom's foot dive loop:

I can do the corner loop relatively consistently, even ending with some cool finishers like Sphere Flame XF Sphere Flame, and if I have 3 bars I can actually do almost 1mil with The Chair.

However I cannot seem to get the mid-screen loop down because the j.S misses sometimes and I cannot figure out why. I tried doing 2 j.Ms in a row so that I would end up higher so that the f+H xx j.S would hit but I can't do it consistently. Can anyone give me the bare-bones easiest way to land it consistently? This is the most important part of his damage output and I need to know how to not gently caress it up in a match.

Thanks!

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
If you're talking about the Buktooth loop, you're not supposed to to j.S. You airdash down-forward after j.fH and do c.MHS, then repeat.

SVU Fan
Mar 5, 2008

I'm gay for Christopher Meloni
The reason everybody misses the midscreen loop is the S missing. You just have to really delay the two j.m's before trying to go into f.h footdive then S footdive. It's really easy to visually time it though, because Doom has to be pretty high above them before going into the footdives.

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011
You can also do the two j.Ms as fast as humanly possible after launcher. That's what I do and I'm pretty sure it's what Clock does as well.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Krad posted:

Why not add that DLC everyone's been asking for, anyway? Does Capcom not like money all of a sudden?

Ultimate MvC3 sold really poorly. It wouldn't surprise me if making DLC for it at this point wouldn't even be profitable to the extent of being worthwhile.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Chocolate America posted:

Question about Doom's foot dive loop:

I can do the corner loop relatively consistently, even ending with some cool finishers like Sphere Flame XF Sphere Flame, and if I have 3 bars I can actually do almost 1mil with The Chair.

However I cannot seem to get the mid-screen loop down because the j.S misses sometimes and I cannot figure out why. I tried doing 2 j.Ms in a row so that I would end up higher so that the f+H xx j.S would hit but I can't do it consistently. Can anyone give me the bare-bones easiest way to land it consistently? This is the most important part of his damage output and I need to know how to not gently caress it up in a match.

Thanks!
Buktooth loop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yPskuh1yx8

The midscreen footdive loop (or the "Clockwork loop" or whatever the hell it's actually called): You have to delay the two Ms in the air as much as you can so that you hit the footdives as high as possible. If you do it right you should be able to hit your opponent with the f.H footdive at the very top of his hitbox so that it almost looks like you're going to fly over his head. Then once you get that down be sure to input the airdash before the S hits and then whiff a normal IMMEDIATELY as soon as you're able to.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Brett824 posted:

Ultimate MvC3 sold really poorly. It wouldn't surprise me if making DLC for it at this point wouldn't even be profitable to the extent of being worthwhile.

Actually, it did fairly well. Leaked NPD Numbers at NeoGAF actually had it around 180K-200K in November alone across both consoles and then 70K-90K in December. Japan was at around 70-80K (Including the PSV version) according to Dengeki sales and Europe was 70-100K according to ChartTrack. Easily around the 400,000-450,000 number and still with two more versions to be released with the PSV launch. Everyone on SRK and everywhere else is using the VG Chartz numbers and theres this big massive panic of "OH GOD IT DIDN'T DO WELL NO MORE MARVEL". It's doing good numbers, just nothing braggable like the millions Call Of Duty, Saints Row, Skyrim et all did the same window or a bomb like Rayman Origins.

I'm thinking it's More like it's "No DLC till Marvel panics again over the fact that Activision, THQ and Sega are releasing condensed poo poo in a box with their licences and need a Marvel game that actually sells" or "Lets wait to see how the Vita version does in the US and Europe first".

Though knowing Capcom, the statement of "Oh it's impossible" is probably designed to make people more vocal and rabid about it till they "conceed" and say "We love our fans so much that we did it, just for you" over on Unity.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

The Rokstar posted:

The midscreen footdive loop (or the "Clockwork loop" or whatever the hell it's actually called): You have to delay the two Ms in the air as much as you can so that you hit the footdives as high as possible. If you do it right you should be able to hit your opponent with the f.H footdive at the very top of his hitbox so that it almost looks like you're going to fly over his head. Then once you get that down be sure to input the airdash before the S hits and then whiff a normal IMMEDIATELY as soon as you're able to.

The Buktooth is too hard for me but thanks for posting it. :)

Thanks for the tips on the Clock loop everyone. I'll try delaying the Ms and doing them as fast as possible and see which one works best. I got the best results from delaying them but I was probably not doing it optimally each time. I'll have to practice the rhythm.

I am seriously hype about my new team. All it needed was me spending enough time in the lab with Doom to get his simplest meterless high damage combos working and BLAMMO my team just got 100% better.

Literally the only drawback to Doom that I can think of is that he doesn't have a teleport, so I'll miss that but I shouldn't need it. Also I have a much better zoning/approach/combo-extending assist! :toot:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

The Buktooth is too hard for me but thanks for posting it. :)

Thanks for the tips on the Clock loop everyone. I'll try delaying the Ms and doing them as fast as possible and see which one works best. I got the best results from delaying them but I was probably not doing it optimally each time. I'll have to practice the rhythm.

I am seriously hype about my new team. All it needed was me spending enough time in the lab with Doom to get his simplest meterless high damage combos working and BLAMMO my team just got 100% better.

Literally the only drawback to Doom that I can think of is that he doesn't have a teleport, so I'll miss that but I shouldn't need it. Also I have a much better zoning/approach/combo-extending assist! :toot:
IMO the Buktooth loop is actually easier. You can make things a bit easier on yourself for the second loop if you only do one (two-hit) M before the first footdive and then only do c.H, S on the ground instead of doing the c.M too. That gives you a hair more hitstun to play with although you still have to hit the guy pretty low in the first loop.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

If I can do the Buktooth, then anybody can. It's the first loop combo that I've been able to get down in one of these games, and I'm the guy that played Wolverine in vanilla and Wesker in ultimate because my execution is laughable.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

The Rokstar posted:

IMO the Buktooth loop is actually easier. You can make things a bit easier on yourself for the second loop if you only do one (two-hit) M before the first footdive and then only do c.H, S on the ground instead of doing the c.M too. That gives you a hair more hitstun to play with although you still have to hit the guy pretty low in the first loop.

Yeah I never do the c.M after landing, I always do the s.H instead and I only let it hit once, sacrificing damage for hitstun so subsequent reps are easier. Keeping it simple is best for me.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!

The Rokstar posted:

Whoa, thanks for the video. I kept missing the second c.M when I tried and I just thought I wasn't inputting j.M fast enough.

Groghammer fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 29, 2012

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Chiming in with "Ms as fast as possible after launch" is what works for me. Watching that Buktooth loop tutorial is how I figured out that way also works best (for me) for the midscreen loop. I also do both hits on the Ms.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

The Rokstar posted:

Is there any way to get a super on the end of this combo?

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

PalmTreeFun posted:

Is there any way to get a super on the end of this combo?

I don't know which one you mean but you can get a super at the end of the Buktooth by airdashing forward after j.fH, then doing j.M into air Photon Array.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Groghammer posted:

I don't know which one you mean but you can get a super at the end of the Buktooth by airdashing forward after j.fH, then doing j.M into air Photon Array.

Yeah, Buktooth. Thank you.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I find doing the footdive pushes them back too far and you don't get many hits on the super, doing MM xx dash forward M super is better IMO.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

TheTofuShop posted:

Off of a beam hit you can do ground normals into a rekka string ending in QCF+H, then wavedash forward and otg wit QCB+M xx QCB+L xx QCF+H xx QCF+PP, as long as you have the wallbounce still, you can even combo after Iron Rage by catching them with cr.H B+H xx DP+PP for more damage. It's not the most efficient string, it will work in the corner but at some midscreen distances it is harder to connect with.
Yeah, I eventually figured I'd need to do something like that. The hard part is not pounding out my rekkas like an idiot :downs:

A full corner loop starting with c.LMHS into lvl 3 should easily break 1 mil and is probably closer to 1.1 mil. You might be able to squeeze another rep out of it or change up something to get a bit more damage.

I still mess up Buktooth on occasion, so whenever I see them too high up for a c.M or c.H, I just relaunch them immediately with a f.H. If you have to do that you probably won't be able to recover the loop entirely, but it will at least set you up to finish with another air section into super.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Metrohunter posted:

Well they also said that spectator mode was impossible so I've stopped taking Capcom's words on what they can or cannot put into their own games at this point.

At this point, I think it's all misdirection. Say "we can't do that", that way people will be really excited when it comes out in the DLC/next version.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Positively grueling grand finals just wrapped up on Spooky's stream. God drat, Morrigan's nonsense turns the game from a fighter into Ikaruga. Still, lots of great down-to-the-wire play from a lot of folks; hopefully people catch it on archive.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
wesker facerolls an entire team in 10 seconds = fair and balanced, quit crying scrublord
morrigan keepaway = holy gently caress, worst character ever capcom can we nerf this boring dumb slut bitch please!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

darealkooky posted:

wesker facerolls an entire team in 10 seconds = fair and balanced, quit crying scrublord
morrigan keepaway = holy gently caress, worst character ever capcom can we nerf this boring dumb slut bitch please!!

drat, that's quite an edgy opinion you have.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Metrohunter posted:

Well they also said that spectator mode was impossible so I've stopped taking Capcom's words on what they can or cannot put into their own games at this point.

Why do people say dumb poo poo like this? Capcom never said it's "literally impossible" to add spectator mode or Frank West or unplanned DLC, people just took phrases like "very difficult" or "nearly impossible" and immediately started crying about it instead of reading between the lines. Game development budgets are not infinite; from now on, if you see something like "Spectator mode couldn't be done," just assume it means: "Spectator mode could theoretically be done in a magical wonderland wherein we have infinite time and money to continue adding modes and features and characters to our hearts' content, until our entire player base is happy. In the real world where release dates are determined by very specific windows and we have limited resources at our disposal, getting Frank West to work and writing additional network code to make Spectator mode feasible lost out to including characters who didn't present technical issues and ensuring that the content that was there was fully functional by our release date."

As soon as they had more time and money to work on the game further, they added Frank West and spectator mode. Capcom does some dumb poo poo, but how people come up with these stupid rear end theories about misdirection and the like is beyond me.

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Is this actually worth learning as a replacement for Doom's typical corner combo or is there some reason why it is not practical? I've never seen it in a real match.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Brosnan posted:

As soon as they had more time and money to work on the game further, they added Frank West and spectator mode. Capcom does some dumb poo poo, but how people come up with these stupid rear end theories about misdirection and the like is beyond me.

I agree with and endorse this entire post.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Nate405 posted:

Is this actually worth learning as a replacement for Doom's typical corner combo or is there some reason why it is not practical? I've never seen it in a real match.

It does about 70-80K more damage than his traditional loop and looks way harder to do. While adding that damage would let him kill a lot more characters fresh, its probably way safer to do the easy as hell current corner loop and go for a reset/chip/lvl 3 (which compared to ending his current loop with lvl 3, the new loop would only kill Nemesis, She-Hulk, Hulk, Haggar, and Tron, which Doom should have no trouble hitting with a single plasma beam sometime before or after he hits the loop) afterwards.

If you trust your execution there's basically no reason not to use it though, unless it ends up being character specific.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Countblanc posted:

looks like someone hasn't watched a stream in the last month

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Countblanc posted:

He's right. As a mostly stream watcher, every time wesker pops up I usually turn it off or do something else. It's loving boring and not even fun to watch

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I actually thought those grand finals were a blast to watch and was really impressed by the Morrigan play.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

It got a bit boring 6 games down the line. I only enjoyed it because MarlinPie won in the end.

DiscoJ fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jan 29, 2012

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Brosnan posted:

Why do people say dumb poo poo like this? Capcom never said it's "literally impossible" to add spectator mode or Frank West or unplanned DLC, people just took phrases like "very difficult" or "nearly impossible"
I don't know, saying that they "couldn't add in a spectator mode" because of technical issues sounds to me like they were saying it was impossible.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/3/5/interview-with-mvc3-producer-ryota-niitsuma-on-why-spectator.html

But it's not a huge deal to me since we have it now, I'm just left wondering why the console versions doesn't have replay functionality but the Vita one does. v:shobon:v

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Metrohunter posted:

But it's not a huge deal to me since we have it now, I'm just left wondering why the console versions doesn't have replay functionality but the Vita one does. v:shobon:v

Because it's impossible, of course.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

darealkooky posted:

looks like someone hasn't watched a stream in the last month

My point was that everyone hates watching wesker as much as they hate watching morrigan, not that he isn't played.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Metrohunter posted:

I don't know, saying that they "couldn't add in a spectator mode" because of technical issues sounds to me like they were saying it was impossible.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/3/5/interview-with-mvc3-producer-ryota-niitsuma-on-why-spectator.html

I'm sure it has to do with Sony buying Vita exclusive features. If there were to be one thing added as DLC I'd like replays with hitbox display.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
People that hate watching Morrigan don't deserve to watch fighting games. I love that Touhou poo poo. It's like the lamest thing I've ever seen and it rules.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Brosnan posted:

I actually thought those grand finals were a blast to watch and was really impressed by the Morrigan play.

Totally agreed. Not only do I love it when a zoning team does well, I love seeing how mad people get about zoning.

I'm also torn on the outcome too. As much as I would have loved to see ChrisG win just as a troll on the haters, I also have the utmost respect for MarlinPie because of how smart he played and how he eventually figured it out and came back to win. You could actually see his thought processes play out and his play style adapt as the sets went on. It was glorious to watch.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Anybody have a link to this stream? MarlinPie and ChrisG are some of my favorite guys to watch.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
What I found kind of funny was how quickly and how hard Ammy solar flare shut down Morrigan's shmup game. Pretty much the instant solar flare came out ChrisG went from throwing soul fists to trying to go in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

The Rokstar posted:

What I found kind of funny was how quickly and how hard Ammy solar flare shut down Morrigan's shmup game. Pretty much the instant solar flare came out ChrisG went from throwing soul fists to trying to go in.

I found that funny too and I also found it funny that ChrisG didn't think to just spam Hidden Missiles. I'm almost certain they come down too high to get reflected by Solar Flare.

• Locked thread