Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Disney has this really bad habit of having all these great shows and then never releasing them on DVD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I choose to believe that this is either a poor attempt at having "Brawny" on the licence plate, or the owner of this car is a great LeBron James fan.

Y'know, I've never once sat down to watch the new MLP show. I've never even seen clips of it online. My only experience with it are the few snapshots of the program that I've seen on the internet and that's it. Sometimes I'm tempted to watch a few minutes of it, just to see what all the fuss is about but I don't get The Hub.

Plus, I'm just too macho. A show about colorful, magical ponies? Whatever. :colbert:

Also, I've recently decided to give Phineas and Ferb a shot and it's really started to grow on me. In fact, it's my new morning show. I can't stand what passes for morning television these days. The last time I tuned into the Today show the first thing I got was a news story about a little girl getting kidnapped, raped, murdered, dismembered and left in a garbage bin. Who the hell wants to hear all that first thing in the morning? I can tune into P&F and there's not a single negative or unpleasant thing in the whole program. It's the perfect thing to watch to get me in the right mood to start the day.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

E the Shaggy posted:

I found out last night that there actually was a last episode to Chowder and watched it.

It was pretty amazing and the premise of it had me dying throughout.

Chowder starts singing about how he never wants to grow up and holds a note for 20 years, so when he's done singing, he's a grown up.

I wish Cartoon Network would knock it off with their practice of creating a really popular show, then when its nearing its end, just says "gently caress it" and never tells anyone when its ending and throws it at some random time during their schedule.

It doesn't help that Chowder got really, really bad by the end of it's run.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

prahanormal posted:

It doesn't help that Chowder got really, really bad by the end of it's run.

Really? I thought it got better towards the end and that the earlier ones were pretty rough. But then, I saw all the episodes in reruns and really out of order, so I really don't have an idea of what's early and late beyond what I can tell by the animation style.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain

Neo Helbeast posted:

Disney has this really bad habit of having all these great shows and then never releasing them on DVD.

Or releasing 80% of the show on DVD, which is slightly less infuriating.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Apparently I am very easily entertained: http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/2012/01/well-played-new-york-times

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Macaluso posted:

The Timon and Pumba tv show was loving hilarious.

poo poo I thought I was the only one who remembered that existed.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What animated Disney movies haven't had tv spinoffs by this point? Seems like Disney does that for everything they've made since Beauty and the Beast.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

SlothfulCobra posted:

What animated Disney movies haven't had tv spinoffs by this point? Seems like Disney does that for everything they've made since Beauty and the Beast.

Assuming you mean traditional animation, not CG:

Pocahontas, Mulan, Hunchback, Brother Bear, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Home on the Range, and The Princess and the Frog.

Spinoff shows haven't been their bread and butter for a long time. Right now their tv arm seems to be all about Phineas and Ferb and lovely tween sitcoms.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 6, 2012

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

TwoPair posted:

Really? I thought it got better towards the end and that the earlier ones were pretty rough. But then, I saw all the episodes in reruns and really out of order, so I really don't have an idea of what's early and late beyond what I can tell by the animation style.

Think of Chowder as Spongebob (or the Simpsons) but in crazy fast-forward. The first season was rough and kind of crappy in retrospect, but was good enough to get the show popular. The second season is the height of its quality, with most of the stand out episodes happening then. By the third season, the writing snowballed and all the characters lost any and all depth they may have had (it was none).

Seriously, watching that series from start to finish is kind of beautiful.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

SlothfulCobra posted:

You know what was great? Aladdin, the TV series.

And the game.

In fact, everything about Aladdin is loving great.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

Pocahontas, Mulan, Hunchback, Brother Bear, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Home on the Range, and The Princess and the Frog.

Spinoff shows haven't been their bread and butter for a long time. Right now their tv arm seems to be all about Phineas and Ferb and lovely tween sitcoms.

Atlantis had 3 episodes made for a TV series but, got canceled and the episodes got smashed together for a direct to DVD sequel movie.

Also Kung Fu Panda Legends of Awesomeness is, well, awesome. It doesn't add much to the movies but it feels like the movies.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IRQ posted:

Yeah, they made it clear they were going that direction when they changed Toon Disney to Disney :xd:. Unfortunately all the other kid-oriented stations, most tragically of all Cartoon Network, have gone in that direction too.

Hunchback had a spinoff, didn't it? Or am I thinking of Hercules?

Sockser posted:

You know what was great? Aladdin, the TV series.

And the game.

In fact, everything about Aladdin is loving great.

The SNES Aladdin game loving sucked.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
You are probably thinking of the Herc series, as I am pretty sure Hunchback never got one.

Hell, they even went back and gave a lot of the classics their own cartoons. Now Peter Pan and 101 Dalmations might not have been good cartoons but they were there.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

The SNES Aladdin game loving sucked.

But the Genesis one was :krad:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TwoPair posted:

But the Genesis one was :krad:

Yeah I was about the say, the Genesis game was awesome in a 90s "games are hard as gently caress" way. I remember loving it that way anyway. Those loving flying carpet levels :argh:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Genesis Aladdin was so good. The music was awesome

Neo Helbeast posted:

Atlantis had 3 episodes made for a TV series but, got canceled and the episodes got smashed together for a direct to DVD sequel movie.

Also Kung Fu Panda Legends of Awesomeness is, well, awesome. It doesn't add much to the movies but it feels like the movies.

I'm pretty impressed by the guy they got to sound like Jack Black.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Macaluso posted:

Genesis Aladdin was so good. The music was awesome

I'm pretty impressed by the guy they got to sound like Jack Black.

I just had to look it up because I was positive it was Jack Black. It's a shame that show is pretty drat boring.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
:supaburn: Street Sharks is now Netflix Instant :supaburn:

:supaburn: It's absolutely terrible how did I even watch this :supaburn:

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Neo Helbeast posted:

Because it was about everyday American kids turning into concrete-swimming anthropomorphic sharks. Which was, like, every boy's dream.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

raditts posted:

I just had to look it up because I was positive it was Jack Black. It's a shame that show is pretty drat boring.

I lost a bet to my husband that it actually was Jack Black. I assumed it was him because he was in the commercials.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I just found out about this and it's one of the more :psyduck: things I've heard of: Cartoon Network made a brand-new episode of Johnny Bravo relatively recently. The reason I never heard of this until now is because it was made and released entirely in India, with a Hindi dub, for an Indian audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM_DdVdIdB0

I have to admit, I love hearing about how different characters are popular around the world. I had no idea Johnny Bravo was so big in India.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I need some help trying to remember the name of a show from the 90's. It was a live action show that was a cross between Mortal kombat and WWE. When a fighter defeated another fighter he/she took like this belt buckle that had the other fighters insignia on it. Goddam has this been bugging me. I'm pretty sure it came on right after the mortal kombat cartoon and right before little house on the prairie.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Neo Helbeast posted:

I need some help trying to remember the name of a show from the 90's. It was a live action show that was a cross between Mortal kombat and WWE. When a fighter defeated another fighter he/she took like this belt buckle that had the other fighters insignia on it. Goddam has this been bugging me. I'm pretty sure it came on right after the mortal kombat cartoon and right before little house on the prairie.

WMAC Masters

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

jscolon2.0 posted:

WMAC Masters

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Neo Helbeast posted:

Yeah I watched like four or five episodes over the weekend hoping it would get better.

It did not.

Street Sharks is objectively really bad and not even nostalgia goggles can hide it.

SigmusAmadeus
Apr 12, 2007
Lawlerbot
They also have Double Dragon and Extreme Dinosaurs. All they need is Biker Mice from Mars.

E: Speaking of, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufvx1NheHRw. First episode in startling high quality.

Erm, nevermind this is some new thing. I thought it looked different :smith:

SigmusAmadeus fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 18, 2012

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Neo Helbeast posted:

I feel as though I must share these pics I scanned in of some Street Sharks valentines I bought in 2007. In horizontal and vertical versions!

http://oi44.tinypic.com/148q5on.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/i6h5hw.jpg

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 18, 2012

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was kind of confused by that "Crazy for Chew" one because I didn't see it as "Chew-You." Instead I read it as "Chew-chewing tobacco." Which seemed like an odd sentiment for a Valentine's Day card.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Sockser posted:

Street Sharks is objectively really bad and not even nostalgia goggles can hide it.

Don't knock the show the show that inspired the extreme fuckin dinosaurs.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

New York goons, tomorrow tickets go on sale for an Adventures of Pete and Pete reunion at the Bowery Ballroom. At a mere $15 a ticket, I'm sure this event will sell out fast.

http://www.boweryballroom.com/event/93299

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Level up is absolutely terrible. How did anyone think this was a good idea?

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

Neo Helbeast posted:

The same people who actually commissioned an entire video game to be made for the show?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

prahanormal posted:

The same people who actually commissioned an entire video game to be made for the show?

Goddamn, not even that Aaron Stone piece of poo poo would was that stupid.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Neo Helbeast posted:

Teletoon has this new show called Mudpit which has a similar digital world theme. I haven't seen an episode of it but I assume it's worse than Level Up because Canada is really good at one-upping horribleness in TV shows.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I'm finally getting around to Wakfu's second season and it's criminal this show never made to NA. It's so freaking pretty! For those who don't know Wakfu is a french animated fantasy show that has really high production values. Think of it as a French Avatar: The Last Airbender.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I'm enjoying the hell out of secret mountain fort awesome.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Neo Helbeast posted:

I'm finally getting around to Wakfu's second season and it's criminal this show never made to NA. It's so freaking pretty! For those who don't know Wakfu is a french animated fantasy show that has really high production values. Think of it as a French Avatar: The Last Airbender.
I guess that two episode pilot of that dub using the Code Lyoko voice cast (Amelia was voiced by Alita's VA and I think Barbra Goodson voiced Yugo) that was shown at MCM London a couple of years back scared people off.

Shame really, I could totally go for it dubbed with the slayers cast or something.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Part of me wants to think they're waiting for the game to launch to think about bringing it here, but it may never happen. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

So last night I saw an ad for something called wild grinders.

What the gently caress is this poo poo? It's like an even lower budget Johnny Test meets Rocket Power. And before you ask, this isn't some online flash series made by one dude. This is supposed to air on nicktoons :psypop: