Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Here are some pictures of the Goonentines I received yesterday. The volume of goodies I'm receiving now has dramatically increased since Goonmas. Are we becoming sticker junkies? (I ask as I'm heading to the store to purchase more stickers.)

Without further ado, my lovely Goonentines:

Pillory Soft sent me a whole tonne of goodies. You have amazing caligraphy, and I really loved your Hex sign Goonentine. You're so creative, and I'm so jealous.

vegemitesandwich sent me a tiny little owl Valengoontine, (that was a mouthful!) Thank you, it's really very adorable!

Hemlock sent me a ton of goodies, and an AWESOME cat themed Goonentine. It took me a while to figure out that was a cat on the front. I can be a little dense. This card increased in coolness about 100% when I realized you're in England. Much appreciated!

edit: I might be missing it, but I don't see wildlifeatlas on the list. She's still sending out the goonlove!

Thank you, wildlifeatlas!!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
Holy cow, Thermophonic Joy sent me the freaking motherload! Thanks!

I saw a piece of confetti sticking to the envelope when I opened it, so pulled everything out carefully, one at a time. Then I opened the card. Hearts and flowers everywhere! :argh:

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Thank you wildlifeatlas for the card! I am shamefully behind, but now that I have found my postage stamps it will be quite a bit easier to send stuff out.

Sasarella
Jul 5, 2004

Wholesome Sassy Sweetness
Man, I am so in with my husband!

Sarion & Sasarella Goon
137 Pennsylvania Court
Chapin, SC 29036

Honestly, just getting mail from strangers on the interwebs is cool with us :), but in case you ant to know what we are into... We love cats and dogs. (we have 5 cats, 2 dogs) video games, traditional games, and well, just anything really! Anything NWS needs to be inside the envelope and it may help us if you wrote NWS on the outside so we don't open it in front of our kids.

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
Okay, I've got a set of Valentine's... things... that will be going out this weekend. I'm not sure these qualify as cards, but off they go!

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006
Oh my dear postal goons, your unexpected mail makes me as giddy as a twentysomething, bearded schoolgirl.

Thanks to lamb, Pillory Soft, and Team Lunch!

I will be extremely disappointed if I can't find something to mail out that involves both Valentine's Day and the Arizona Centennial. I'll make it if I have to!

miryei posted:

Wait so I can cover an envelope with 85 1-cent stamps and mail it to Canada? Harry Potter mail inc!

Not only can you, but you'll make some postal employee's day more interesting because it'll have to be canceled by hand!

Molten Llama fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 28, 2012

miryei
Oct 11, 2011

Molten Llama posted:

Oh my dear postal goons, your unexpected mail makes me as giddy as a twentysomething, bearded schoolgirl.

Thanks to lamb, Pillory Soft, and Team Lunch!

I will be extremely disappointed if I can't find something to mail out that involves both Valentine's Day and the Arizona Centennial. I'll make it if I have to!

Not only can you, but you'll make some postal employee's day more interesting because it'll have to be canceled by hand!

Don't worry, I didn't actually do that, on the grounds that it'd be really annoying to whoever had to deliver it.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

miryei posted:

Don't worry, I didn't actually do that, on the grounds that it'd be really annoying to whoever had to deliver it.

I'm sorry, I think you mispelled 'awesome'.

tekopp
Mar 24, 2009
I posted in the other thread too.

Josephine Ryan
Tunevannveien 16 B
1710 Sarpsborg
Norway

Please keep the envelope free of penises and such, as my mother and mother-in-law often take the mail in. They babysit my two year old daughter while I'm at school.

Pennington
Nov 8, 2010

I deduce that this caterpillar is indeed very hungry.
Thank you Hemlock and Hyperhazard!
Can't take a picture right now but I'll have a camera again soon.
Also how dare you mock British weather hyperhazard, I'll have you know I saw a small square of clear sky today!

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Pennington posted:

Thank you Hemlock and Hyperhazard!
Can't take a picture right now but I'll have a camera again soon.
Also how dare you mock British weather hyperhazard, I'll have you know I saw a small square of clear sky today!

It got through! :neckbeard:

(I sent one to my Baltimore address to see how long it would take. Still no sign of it...)

Glad the weather is so nice. :D

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible
I got a nice note and some Vday swag from Team Lunch :glomp: Thank you for the well wishes!

I put together some letters to send out Monday!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Famine Poodle posted:

Holy cow, Thermophonic Joy sent me the freaking motherload! Thanks!

I saw a piece of confetti sticking to the envelope when I opened it, so pulled everything out carefully, one at a time. Then I opened the card. Hearts and flowers everywhere! :argh:

:neckbeard: Got you!

I've been buying much more goonmail filler than I could ever possibly use, and couldn't justify spending any more money on cute things whenever I saw them. So, I've decided I'm going to send out as much as I can at a time, so I have an excuse to buy moremoremore! I get an excellent discount at my new job, and the stationary section has been singing a sweet sweet stickery song to me.

Hopefully US goons will be receiving my Valentines next week!

fakeedit: By the way, I did get the job! I'm now a retail slave after being out of work and poor for Two Months, including all throughout Christmas, Boxing Day, and New Years. (ugh.) Feel free to send me your congratulations, as now I have money to thank you in return. :buddy:

real edit: How about for Mother's Day, we send goonlove to each other's mothers/mother figures? MAN, that would rule!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 29, 2012

Dangereuse
Dec 27, 2009

Terrain is bumpy, vegetation may be thick. Proceed with caution.
While happily churning out Valengoons cards, I noticed we've been knocked off the list. Can we please go back on?

Dangereuse and Count Drunkula
208/500 Flinders Street
Melbourne, VIC 3000
Australia

Please keep any NSFW stuff inside the envelope. The post office people already think we're weird enough!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

real edit: How about for Mother's Day, we send goonlove to each other's mothers/mother figures? MAN, that would rule!

Yes. Yes. A thousand times, heck yes!

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Sent out some packages of nonsense yesterday. Turns out my kitchen scales and the Post Office scales disaggree by 1g, and I had to pay double the postage! Asshats. Still - all in the name of fun :)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Generally I purchase stamps and put the basic postage on my envelopes, and I haven't had a single one returned to me. For the last batch I sent out around Goonmas, I was short two stamps, so I mailboxed what I had and then took the remaining two to the Post Office to mail them. The postmistress weighed them and tried to shove them through her little slot thingy, but they were overweight, etc, and cost me nearly double what I paid for the others.

And they all arrived. I know it would be a pain in the butt to get them all back, but I've taken the chance every time, and haven't had any issues. Guess the post office machinery or whatever is far less exacting that the postal workers themselves.

cuntvalet posted:

Yes. Yes. A thousand times, heck yes!
I can see that we're going to do this, regardless of what anyone else thinks of the idea. :buddy: I'll remind you around May.

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 29, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

skels posted:

Sent out some packages of nonsense yesterday. Turns out my kitchen scales and the Post Office scales disaggree by 1g, and I had to pay double the postage! Asshats. Still - all in the name of fun :)

Awww, that blows. 1 stinking gram, isn't it always the way. Glad to see you're having fun though! :sun:

I've been looking for my plexiglas template, and I can't find it anywhere so I'm hoping that my stuff is ok, and nobody gets it postage due. That would embarrass the hell out of me.

I should have checked the mail sooner, as I got a ton of stuff last week! I honestly wasn't expecting it, I thought it would be some time still before the valentine's started rolling in. Big huge thanks to Niemat, vegemitesandwich, Thermophonic Joy, and lamb. I love being creeped on, vegemite. Thermophonic, I adore the fishy! And wow, so much cool stuff inside, blew me away. So did yours, lamb, you continue to spoil me. Niemat sent the most adorable card (puppy!) illegal or not, a bag might make my life more interesting. :D

Time to work on some stuff, I managed to grab some more stamps. Year of the Dragon ones, who could resist? Canada Post's Chinese New Year stamps continue to be awesome and gorgeous.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I can see that we're going to do this, regardless of what anyone else thinks of the idea. :buddy: I'll remind you around May.

I'm already excited about this. I should use that fuel to I don't know...finish and send out the Venturetines.

6 more to go. Just 6 more.

Hypothetical Mcgee
Apr 22, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

How about for Mother's Day, we send goonlove to each other's mothers/mother figures? MAN, that would rule!

My mom would love this. She's been supplying me with cards to deface improve and send to you guys.

I am feeling uncreative for goonentines this year, so I think it's time for the old fallback...LISA FRANK STICKERS. :byodame:

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I will gladly provide my mother's address. She would be equally confused and tickled by Goon Mail!

Dangereuse
Dec 27, 2009

Terrain is bumpy, vegetation may be thick. Proceed with caution.
My mother has a terribly inappropriate sense of humour. She'd get kick out of NWS stuff, as long as its inside the envelope. I'm up for mothers day goon love. Anyone's mum like crochet doilies?

Also, just posted 11 goonentines.

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I had to fight to get my Goonmail today. It was 11pm when I remembered to check the postbox, so I braved the dark only to discover that a big ol' spider had set up web across some junk mail and a pretty little red envelope with heart stickers on it. My goonmail! I armed myself with a stick and battled my way through the sticky webbing to claim my prize.

A Valentine from Hemlock! It arrived in PLENTY of time :) Thank you!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Dangereuse posted:

My mother has a terribly inappropriate sense of humour. She'd get kick out of NWS stuff, as long as its inside the envelope. I'm up for mothers day goon love. Anyone's mum like crochet doilies?

Also, just posted 11 goonentines.

My mom would love crochet doilies. She appreciates art of any form (having raised a semi-artsy daughter, after all). She got all ":3:" anytime she got Goonmas cards this year, and would show them to my Step Dad and be like "See?! Kassie's friends are cool!"

Also!:

Thank you to Locutus of Bald, Team Lunch and Cardboard Robot! Also you can see my pretty Pennsylvania Dutch Hex proudly displayed on my mirror in the background. :3:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Oh my heck!

Hyperhazard
Pillory Soft
Niemat
13Pandora13
Cardboard Robot
GamingCaffeinator
RudyBrah/Fubsy

Either camp out by your mailbox/post office or program your H.E.L.P.eR robot to start checking the mail every day! You've got some mail headed your way!

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

cuntvalet posted:

Oh my heck!

Hyperhazard
Pillory Soft
Niemat
13Pandora13
Cardboard Robot
GamingCaffeinator
RudyBrah/Fubsy

Either camp out by your mailbox/post office or program your H.E.L.P.eR robot to start checking the mail every day! You've got some mail headed your way!
:neckbeard: Yay!

My next round of goonpal cards are going out this week, so hopefully they should arrive in time for valentine's day.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

cuntvalet posted:

That's alright. I practically do that already anyway. I'm pretty excited to see which Venturetine I get :dance:

Also I'm glad to see you got your mail! Did the chocolates make it there alright? I wasn't sure if they'd be all crushed or melted when they got to their destinations.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

cardboardRobot posted:

That's alright. I practically do that already anyway. I'm pretty excited to see which Venturetine I get :dance:

Also I'm glad to see you got your mail! Did the chocolates make it there alright? I wasn't sure if they'd be all crushed or melted when they got to their destinations.

A couple of the sticks were broken in half but otherwise, perfect and edible and oh so tasty. :D

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Sorry I have not reported in in so long- I have way overdue goonmail to report!

KEETRON! drew my request! Sharks watching human week! Very Gary Larson-esque! (My asshat apartment manager wrote '9K' on the front, gee thanks.)
Locutus of Bald and Thain also sent cards and stickers!

Niemat and Lamb!

Lamb went waaaay above and beyond with this little knitted heart pin:

There isn't enough :3: in the world!!

Thank you all so much for the great cards- I have gotten a few more and need to take pictures. I hope my cards are getting through to you- am a bit worried the post office may have shitcanned them because I packed them too full . . . still have more to send out though! :)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Team Lunch posted:

KEETRON! drew my request! Sharks watching human week! Very Gary Larson-esque! (My asshat apartment manager wrote '9K' on the front, gee thanks.)

Wow, what a douche. That art is awesome and definitely Larson-esque.

Thank you cardboardRobot. I got your delicious Valentine today, and the Ovations were a great after dinner treat. I kept seeing them say 'Ovaltine' on the package, which is definitely my stupid brain. Taste a lot better than Ovaltine! :D

Also I wish I could fold like you, I love that heart. :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

when worlds collide posted:

Thank you cardboardRobot. I got your delicious Valentine today, and the Ovations were a great after dinner treat. I kept seeing them say 'Ovaltine' on the package, which is definitely my stupid brain. Taste a lot better than Ovaltine! :D

Also I wish I could fold like you, I love that heart. :3:

You're very welcome! And that heart was actually very easy to make! Found a tutorial online and went for it. Was actually quite relaxing. If anyone has any good origami tutorials I'd love to give them a try.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

You're very welcome! And that heart was actually very easy to make! Found a tutorial online and went for it. Was actually quite relaxing. If anyone has any good origami tutorials I'd love to give them a try.

Oh poo poo, you know what I just realized? I have some origami paper, and my fingers just aren't nimble enough (arthereetus) to do that sort of thing. I was wondering what to do with that paper but I just heard a big bell go off in my head. I'll prepare an envelope and send you some of that paper sometime this week. :D

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Had the worst day at my new job, (screwed up something like the big dummy that I am) and was feeling lousy... Then I came home to goonmail! Thank you, you wondrous goons!

Locutus of Bald, thank you for the yummy candy and the 3D cat! I love it, and have given it a place of honour on my desk. I've never had an air head before, so that was a new experience. Thank you for broadening my horizons!

And a big BIG thanks to Team Lunch for the awesomely jam-packed goonbomb of goodies! I love the Harry Potter valentine, but I was a little sad that you didn't sign the back. Don't worry, I signed it for you!

Also, I had an orange bracelet like that as a child which I wore on my ankle from when I was 9 to when I was around 22, when it eventually deteriorated too much to continue wearing. Where on earth did you get that and do you know how happy I am to have another one?! This is literally the best thing I've ever gotten since I was 9.

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 29, 2017

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Team Lunch posted:

I immediately noticed that and flared up, the jerkface, mishandling original art someones postcard like that! I mean, you can write it on the back with the same amount of effort...

About the Gary Larson reference, glad you two notice, and there are two specific comics that I used for inspiration (from memory). One is "Shark Nerds" and that is a shark with glasses operating the projector and the other is "Shark holiday pictures" where they show pictures of swimmer's legs.

I have one postcard I need to color in and send out, about a birthday animal which means I can take new requests. Progress is slow as my time is really scarce but I would like to have some pending requests from whoever. If you like my stuff, check out my tumblr where I post everything I create since a week or so, even before I send it out...

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Dangereuse posted:

While happily churning out Valengoons cards, I noticed we've been knocked off the list. Can we please go back on?

Absolutely! I'm going to update it tomorrow when I get back in the office.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

I got two valentines!

One I couldn't get to in time before my daughter claimed it while I was at work. I think it was from wildlifeatlas!

Another I got yesterday, which was from lamb

Thank you so much :3

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
Goonentines report!

Yesterday I checked my box and found love from Lamb, Niemat, Hemlock and Team Lunch!

:woop:

Team Lunch, your envelope was open when I received it, so I hope everything was in there. Looks like the seal came undone. :ohdear:

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

Got my V-day stuff ready & saw I fell off the list
Please add me back on......

meriruka
1010 Peaks Trl.
Nathalie, VA 24577

please no gross stuff.....

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
A thank you to Thermophonic Joy for the valentines goodness. Most of the confetti flowers were stuck to the card so I avoided a mess. :smug:

And thanks to Mizufusion for the Christmas January card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Team Lunch, your envelope was open when I received it, so I hope everything was in there. Looks like the seal came undone. :ohdear:

I got one today and there was a single piece of tape on it, I think it was threatening to do the same thing.

Thank you Team Lunch! I love it! It's so weird to me that you and lamb both sent friendship bracelets, because I found a couple in my embroidery thread case and was going to send them out not a few days before we started to get the ones from you two. It's spooky and reminded me of those stories of women who all work in the same office ending up getting PMS at the same time and all that. I hope this does not constitute hive mind in any way.

(dude I am such a loving retard)

Anyway, I feel like a jerk, if you got a Valentine from me, be careful when opening. I stupidly put some heart confetti in some of the envelopes and I realized at a certain point that that poo poo is simply insidious. I really really regret it and I'm sorry! Be careful when opening envelopes from me. I'm still picking pieces of it out of the carpet and even my goddamn duvet. I didn't think it would be as loving evil as it turned out to be. :downs: