Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.
anyone know when DKA is going to show up on MTGO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tgijsola
Apr 27, 2008

orange
Pillbug
Generally it's 2 weeks after it's out on paper.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
Wrapped up a draft tonight that snagged me an Olivia and three vampiric furies. the confusion of my opponents when I started pinging my own guys with her turned to horror when they had something like a 7/5 first strike bane of hanwir werewolf vampire lunging at them. You were a fun set, Innistrad. Let's keep it good.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I can only imagine the horror as someone realized what you were doing moments before doing so.

"Wait, i'm gonna get beat by THAT?!"

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
It was cheap dumb drunken fun before DKA takes over the drafts for a while. Winner was WG humans, because Spare From Evil wins games.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Back from prerelease, was fun! Went 4-2, 6th overall. Lost round 1 to eventual 6-0, mostly to pretty horrid token beats starting game 1 with T3 Lingerie Souls, T4 Lingerie Souls, both from hand. Walked away with decent 8 packs, as we decided to pool and split our winnings with my last round opponent at 4-1 - the cliff between 4-2 and 5-1 prizes in our LGS prize structure is fairly big so we both were happy to kill some variance. Plus I was happy to accept as I'm pretty sure I was dog against his Moonveil Dragon, Liliana and removal rich BR.

Here's the pool: http://pastebin.com/E8Yrn9mE

Counted green out as main colour pretty fast, and black soon too despite the rare vampire. White looked easily the best colour with the bomb quality Angel and Divine Reckoning, removal and decent creatures, so the question was between red and blue as second colour, and whether I want to splash for Gavony Township activation, Lingering Souls flashback mana, etc. Finally went with red as I wanted to play around with the double Skirsdag Cultist battery and some of the small synergies RW provided, and of course spent the next six rounds pondering if the UW as usual should have been the choice after all...

Edit:
MVP common was probably Burden of Guilt for me. It was surprisingly decent even if requirement to have that 1 up for it when necessary was at times ackward. But that I think is good tradeoff for being able to handle any non-utility creatures.

MVP in general around the tables really seemed to be Lingering Souls. Also the Steve Argyle Memorial Trophy winner. If you can provide the flashback mana without stretching the mana too much 4 1/1 fliers out of it is pretty big. Also Evil Twin shenanigans when copying Undying creatures!

Lunsku fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 28, 2012

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Lunael posted:

Edit:
MVP common was probably Burden of Guilt for me. It was surprisingly decent even if requirement to have that 1 up for it when necessary was at times ackward. But that I think is good tradeoff for being able to handle any non-utility creatures.

MVP in general around the tables really seemed to be Lingering Souls. Also the Steve Argyle Memorial Trophy winner. If you can provide the flashback mana without stretching the mana too much 4 1/1 fliers out of it is pretty big. Also Evil Twin shenanigans when copying Undying creatures!

Yea, burden seems really good and I'm not surprised about lingering souls.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
Cackling counterpart, two spirit captains, 4 over costed horrible red rares and a bunch of fuggin wolves and zombies. thanks packs! Didn't go well. Got a vault out of a prize pack for being a vampire at the end, though

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Finally had a good MGTO draft. Went 3-0 in Swiss:
http://www.raredraft.com/watch?d=32d45

Cracked a Mayor of Avabruck in pack one, then a Daybreak Ranger in pack two, and then then the cherry on top was opening Garruk in pack three. Also got passed a Gavony Township in the middle of pack two which solidified me in White. White was a bit on the weak side, but I had a couple of games where the loving Silverchase Fox was a god drat hero.

If you guys could offer any critique on the draft that'd be great. This one was a pretty straightforward windmill slam in to my colors, though. I guess a couple of questions - p3p6: Spidery Grasp vs. Smite the Monstrous? And then p3p8: Village Bellringer vs. a second Moment of Heroism. I was feeling a little light on creatures so I think the Bellringer was probably the better choice. I ended up with two Naturalize because I forgot that I took one in the first pack and the Elder Cathar would have been the better pick there.

Last question: What bot should I be selling to? I'm not really sure how it works and Garruk is the first money card I've opened.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
I could be wrong, but I think the bots by and large offer prices that are either equal or within fractions of a ticket of one another, it's just a matter of picking one and sticking to it. I use one I found in the first page of the Classifieds.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Maha posted:

I could be wrong, but I think the bots by and large offer prices that are either equal or within fractions of a ticket of one another, it's just a matter of picking one and sticking to it. I use one I found in the first page of the Classifieds.

Some can actually get pretty far off. If you were to grab a selection of cards that sell for ~40 tix to a particular bot you can usually break them up into two groups and get 22 twice. It's kind of strange and frequently not even close to worth the time. They tend to average out to the same but there are certainly fluctuations on a card by card basis.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
0-2 dropped the prerelease with crappy RW beats. My r1 opponent was RB with black Mikaeus and something like 7 or 8 pieces of removal, r2 had a solid RG werewolves that just played threats until I selfdestructed. Fun anyway!

ThePenIsMightier
Dec 21, 2009

MerrMan posted:

If you guys could offer any critique on the draft that'd be great. This one was a pretty straightforward windmill slam in to my colors, though. I guess a couple of questions - p3p6: Spidery Grasp vs. Smite the Monstrous? And then p3p8: Village Bellringer vs. a second Moment of Heroism. I was feeling a little light on creatures so I think the Bellringer was probably the better choice. I ended up with two Naturalize because I forgot that I took one in the first pack and the Elder Cathar would have been the better pick there.

Last question: What bot should I be selling to? I'm not really sure how it works and Garruk is the first money card I've opened.

First of all, this draft is very well done. The major thing I notice is that you tend to value higher drops over lower ones. In my experience, this format is a very aggro, focused on two and three drops, with 5 drops filling in the cracks as opposed to being high picks. That being said,

p1p6 I'd take Silverchase Fox over Guttergrime here. You have a Mayor and your deck is pretty aggressively focused. The Grime is certainly a playable card, but the 2/2 will get some quick hits in and often trade for a claustrophobia or a bonds of faith. You did pass a Heretic's Punishment, so it might even trade for that.

p2p2 This is a situation where I'm pretty sure you made the right choice, but this pack is something to see. Prey Upon, Villagers of Esterwald and Darkthicket Wolf are the best three Green Commons, with a Viper for good measure. This comes down to the Prey Upon and the Wolf I'm pretty sure. While many people will argue (correctly) that the removal deals with threats and is hard to pick up, I'm leaning towards the Wolf as a personal bias. The card is essentially a 2/2 unblockable in the early game, trades up with better cards in the mid game and is immune to most removal on offense. Forcing opponents to use removal at sorcery speed is a pretty nice advantage to have. Also, Prey Upon requires you to have the biggest creature to be useful. All that said, I can't really argue with your pick.

P2P4 Slamming the Township. This card is so unfair. Also, this pretty much tells you that the three people to your right aren't cutting you, which means you did a nice job in pack 1 cutting G/W

p2p6 I'd take Spidery Grasp over Gallows Warden, again under the opinion that 5 drops are easy to pick up and too many bog down an aggressive deck.

P3P2 Elder of Laurels, huh? This deck is absolutely unfair.

P3P6, I'd take the smite, but I think its fairly close.

p3p8 In my opinion, this is the only objectively poor choice. I'd take Villagers of Estwald over Bell Ringer. This one is pretty straightforward. One is a 2/3 with a large bonus, the other is a 1/4 with a smaller bonus. Accelerating to Turn 2 Villagers with Pilgrim is nuts (I'm really breaking new ground, I know) and the card has a much bigger upside then Bell Ringer. As for your comment, I like combat tricks like moment of heroism quite a bit. If it was only between the Bell Ringer and Moment, you have a close pick. I think I'd take the moment, but I don't really have a clear creature count in my head.

I hope this helps. I fully expect to be ripped for my p2p2 decision. I'd be happy to discuss it further.

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on
Managed to 4-0 the prerelease sealed playing no rares.

I opened pack after pack of worthless lands and junk rares like Seance, and was utterly disappointed. I noticed my pool was filled with lots of cheap, efficient fliers and a few token makers, along with an acceptable amount of removal, and figured my only shot was to aggro the hell out of anyone who tried to run a deck full of expensive bombs.

Here's my list:
code:
// Creatures
3x Niblis of the Mist
2x Avacynian Priest
1x Niblis of the Urn
1x Somberwald Dryad
1x Ambush Viper
1x Strangleroot Geist
1x Fiend Hunter
2x Ulvenwald Bear
2x Elgaud Inquisitor
1x Ulvenwald Mystics
1x Hollowhenge Beast

// Spells
1x Bonds of Faith
1x Gather the Townsfolk
1x Skillful Lunge
1x Faith's Shield
2x Prey Upon
1x Midnight Haunting

// Lands
9x Plains 
8x Forest
It was very tough, and a lot of games came down to who was on the play. I played against a lot of decks with better bombs and better rares, but I either had them dead the next turn or had the right removal to power through and win.

So yeah, if your pool sucks, just play a lot of bears and spirits :P.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
If I take the time to type up my pool and the deck I went with from the prerelease, would some of you mind helping me with figuring out if I made the right choices, etc?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

whydirt posted:

If I take the time to type up my pool and the deck I went with from the prerelease, would some of you mind helping me with figuring out if I made the right choices, etc?

Yea i'll do it. I love telling other's what they've done wrong and how I would do it better.

Joking aside, I did this last night for someone else and when I compared the two decks I felt good knowing my deck was better then his. He posted this: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sealed-pull-dka-prerelease/ and I turned it into this: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/some-other-guys-sealed/ which i'm pretty confident is loads better.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Okay, here's my pool, organized by color then rarity:

code:
Geistcatcher's Rig
Cellar Door
Traveler's Amulet
Cobbled Wings

Hinterland Harbor
Haunted Fengraf

Mentor of the Meek
Angel of Flight Alabaster
Requiem Angel
Thraben Doomsayer
Hollowhenge Spirit
Thraben Heretic
Burden of Guilt
Santuary Cat
Avacynian Priest
Break of Day
2x Loyal Cathar
Smite the Monstrous
Silverchase Fox
Skillful Lunge

Skaab Goliath
Relentless Skaabs
Stitcher's Apprentice
Selhoff Occultist
2x Divination
Screching Skaab
Thought Scour
Curse of the Bloody Tome
Spectral Flight
Frightful Delusion
Deranged Assistant
Chant of the Skifsang

Disciple of Griselbrand
Moan of the Unhallowed
Harrowing Journey
Deadly Allure
Vengeful Vampire
Death's Caress
Spiteful Shadows (foil!)
2x Walking Corpse
2x Gruesome Discovery
2x Reap the Seagraf
Chosen of Markov
Rotting Fensnake
Maw of the Mire
Skeletal Grimace

Hanweir Watchkeep
Rolling Tremblor
Burning Vengeance
Skirsdag Cultist
Fling
2x Scorch the Fields
Ancient Grudge
Village Ironsmith
Infernal Plunge
Vampiric Fury
Nightbird's Clutches
Bloodcrazed Neonate
2x Nearheath Stalker

Feed the Pack
Boneyard Wurm
Gatstaf Shepherd
Grim Flowering
Village Survivors
Strangleroot Geist
2x Dawntreader Elk
Clinging Mist
Favor of the Woods
Kessig Recluse
Orchard Spirit
Caravan Vigil
Gnaw to the Bone
Wild Hunger
Kindercatch
Spidery Grasp
I'll post what I went with along with some changes I would've made after sleeping in a little bit. I'll note that I went 3-1-1 (took a draw in the last round in order to guarantee top 8) with my first round being an auto-win due to the dude just taking his packs and leaving.

Here's my deck:

Geistcatcher's Rig

Haunted Fengraf
Mountain
7x Forest
8x Plains

Mentor of the Meek
Angel of Flight Alabaster
Requiem Angel
Thraben Doomsayer
Hollowhenge Spirit
Burden of Guilt
Avacynian Priest
Break of Day
2x Loyal Cathar
Smite the Monstrous
Skillful Lunge

Feed the Pack
Gatstaf Shepherd
Village Survivors
Strangleroot Geist
2x Dawntreader Elk
Kessig Recluse
Orchard Spirit
Wild Hunger
Spidery Grasp

whydirt fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 29, 2012

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Man, gently caress Invisible Stalker. Just had a guy playing U/B sacrifice a Bloodline Keeper so he could put a Demonmail Hauberk on to the Stalker. It made me really sad.

Also, Victim of Night working on Bloodgift Demon feels like an oversight! I'm just mad because I lost.

And again, also, thanks to ThePenIsMightier for your comments on my picks. I think you're on to something with me valuing big drops higher than I should, especially in this format. I think it's a bit of my 12 year old self just wanting to play 100 Craw Wurms at the kitchen table. It's definitely why I took the Gutter Grime over the Fox. My eyes get real big when I think about having five 5/5 slimes on the board!!!!!! Nevermind that it will never happen, ever.

The p3p8 taking Bellringer over the Villagers was because my previous draft was a really frustrating G/R Werewolf deck. I was pretty mad at Werewolves in general (not too mad to take Mayor, though!) and so I gave the snub to the Villagers.

And lastly, a general question. In my last draft, I ended up with a deck that had B/R deck that didn't have much red at all. I had a Brimstone Volley, 2x Devil's play and then just a few durdly guys like Kessig Wolf and Ashmouth Hands. I think I only had something like 7 red symbols in the deck overall. The suggested land split was something like 12/5 B/R and I just didn't really know what to do. If I'd had a traveler's amulet or a grotto or something I probably would have felt a little safer, but I didn't like it. I ended up going with a more even split, I didn't take a screenshot this time to remember exactly what.

MerrMan fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 29, 2012

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Nice pool. I'm pretty confident you went White/Blue because of the obviously amazing white cards, the decent blue cards and the way it was organized out.

Here is what I did to it: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/second-guys-sealed/
You have a couple great flying bombs and some nice token creation. Also great card draw. I thought about selhoff occultist, thought scour and curse of the bloody tome as a secondary win condition. But then I decided no on that and added in mentor of the meek instead. He is usually a bad card but you have a ton of creatures under 2 power, including the token production, and will get some great card draw from that. Most of your creatures are pretty weak and then you have a few powerful ones. Not a lot of removal but that's not something that can be helped. The other colors had some decent stuff but not enough to take them over blue. I wish you had something other than break of day to be that card that seals the deal. As it stands, I felt like you needed something, anything, to work with when you alpha strike. So break of day has to be it.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I just updated above with my deck. Putting blue second was just to go around the color wheel, although it was definitely my second pick behind green. I was just a bit worried about the conditional clause on the big skaabs.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hi, nerds! So I've got a question. Yes, I've read the OP and I've looked through a lot of the intro articles on MTGOAcademy - great links and really useful info, so thanks Mornacale! I'd like to get into MTGO I think, specifically limited (Draft>Sealed) as I'm not that interested in Constructed (I honestly think it's kind of boring :ssh:). I have some concerns though:

1) The last time I played Magic outside of a casual setting it was before MTGO even existed. I've been playing with MWS and friends within the last few months so I've got the general gist of new rules and sets so I'm not too concerned there.

2) And really the crux of this post - What are the things a new Limited player should know/do? I'm aware that I should immediately sell off my freebie booster that I get with signing up and should mostly play Swiss until I get better, but anything else? Should I/do I need to buy a bunch of event tickets to start off? Are there better times to play? Little things like that which might not be included in tips/tricks on a website.

3) I guess just a curiosity thing - how much do you usually end up sinking into MTGO as a Limited player and what is it on? I assume you almost never buy boosters. Is it usually Event Tickets? Are you guys good enough to be able to produce Tix from your winnings?

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on

MerrMan posted:

And lastly, a general question. In my last draft, I ended up with a deck that had B/R deck that didn't have much red at all. I had a Brimstone Volley, 2x Devil's play and then just a few durdly guys like Kessig Wolf and Ashmouth Hands. I think I only had something like 7 red symbols in the deck overall. The suggested land split was something like 12/5 B/R and I just didn't really know what to do. If I'd had a traveler's amulet or a grotto or something I probably would have felt a little safer, but I didn't like it. I ended up going with a more even split, I didn't take a screenshot this time to remember exactly what.
At 10 lands of a color, you have a very good chance of having one in your opening hand. Therefore, when you have splits like this where you're only a little into a second color, there's no crime in giving a few extra lands over to red, despite of what the split says. With the information given, I'd probably end up with a 10/7 split. With double Devil's Play you really have a lot of motivation to run a good amount of red lands, and I could even see an argument for 9/8, depending on what the rest of the deck looked like.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
Did two events. Both I rode on the backs of werewolves, though one was with white, and the other was blue (that one was more self mill and zombies).

Notes I saw:

The 1/2 for 2G that flips into thee 4/5 card drawer is very good. Unless people are eternally chumping (which they shouldn't be at that early stage), you can get a couple cards out of her and her value pans out.

The format is slow, but I was able to put people on their asses with a T1 Wolfbitten Captive into a T2 Gastaf Shepherd. One point I was facing down a deck with Dead Mik, Snapcaster, Bloodline Keeper, etc etc when that play just sealed the win.

If you have big fatties, think about running the +3/+1 and trample flashback. People will chump without thinking about it, and I turned around plenty of games where I was throwing a Ghoultree into them, and they would block with a 1/1 and suddenly take 12.

Speaking of Ghoultree, even if you don't have mill, and you're running green, RUN IT. The format is generally slow enough that you can cast it with 6 or less mana fairly quickly.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

I played an awesomely irritating blue deck with probably about 7 cards worth of drawing power in a 40 card deck. All flying creatures except Geralf's Mindcrusher; lantern spirit, nibilis of the mist, dungeon geists, bone to ash, saving grasp, lost in the mist... I hardly won any games but I really made them work for the win. Practically everyone I played against was using a lot of fliers, so one-eyed scarecrow sometimes had a huge impact. I did get the new B/W land that gives your poo poo deathtouch & lifelink, that was pretty much all I could rely on to win games.

e: oh yeah, Tower Geist is loving great. I could see it getting use in a U/G self-mill where you want creatures in the graveyard, maybe even in constructed, and for sealed or draft I would definitely use him every time.

Unrelated, what do you guys do with your commons when you have like 20 of each?

Doctor Dogballs fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 30, 2012

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Went 4-0-1 with a WRg aggro deck featuring Thraben Doomsayer, Hellrider, and Rally the Peasants. Highlights included blowing my opponent out with Doomsayer's Fateful Hour Buff+Rally the Peasants, and Rally+Flashback Rally the peasants to blow out another guy. Seriously, if you're in the colors for Rally the Peasants it can be really hilarious.

And then I flooded out in the first round of top 8 and lost to the 7th seed. So it goes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

weekly font posted:

2) And really the crux of this post - What are the things a new Limited player should know/do? I'm aware that I should immediately sell off my freebie booster that I get with signing up and should mostly play Swiss until I get better, but anything else? Should I/do I need to buy a bunch of event tickets to start off? Are there better times to play? Little things like that which might not be included in tips/tricks on a website.

I've been playing on MTGO since last summer (my "Hey guys, I'm new" post is in this thread), so take this as you will:

Yes, you need to buy event tickets to play online. Most regular events will be paid for with a fee of a couple tickets plus boosters (you can buy boosters using tickets from the online bots in the Classified section for slightly cheaper than the online store), however some events can only be paid for with tickets.

Definitely learn the interface before you're in the middle of an event, and learn the shortcuts here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3460471#post399541460 The first time I lost a match on time to a lifegain deck that stalled me out, I memorized all those shortcuts.

Prerelease Events (like the one coming up for Dark Ascension) are really bad value in terms of entry fee versus prizes, and are horrible deals unless you rip a Sorin or something. If you have the willpower, I would avoid them. Release Events, on the other hand, are great.

As far as "going infinite" online, that's basically a pipe dream for most people unless you end up a God of Magic, and especially in Draft. I know there are a couple who post in this thread who do go infinite, but they are playing Constructed or Sealed at best; 8-4 drafting is just a meatgrinder. I know that once I accepted that each draft was basically a sunk cost and that I should be happy if I got that cost down to $6 (getting $8 back from $14 off two match wins in Swiss), I certainly got less frustrated after a bad beat (or a run of them). Since I'm getting all my financial stuff in order, I can tell you that I've spent slightly over $300 on Magic Online since last July.

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 30, 2012

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I agree about Tower Geist - he's not a bomb, but could be constructed playable, especially if spirits become more of a thing. I've even thought about running him in an EDH deck just because flying blockers with decent ETB abilities aren't bad.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I haven't really done much limited myself, but am looking to get into it on MTGO. I've mostly been playing pauper and EDH, and don't have much interest in competitive standard. I did sign up to lose in goonleague though.

I've been watching the videos of Conley do 3x ISD drafts, and that alone is making me more comfortable with the idea of drafting. His explanations during the actual card picking help a lot, and his talking about the format archetypes is always good. He does occasionally play a little sloppy though.

Also, I feel like punching something every time he says "Heron" when talking about Moon Heron. He pronounces it like "hey-ron".

Video quality is sometimes an issue with these channel fireball drafts. It looked good last night, but today it is always giving me lower-bitrate blurrier video, and I don't see any sort of quality toggle. Any fix for that?

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jan 30, 2012

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

MerrMan posted:

Man, gently caress Invisible Stalker. Just had a guy playing U/B sacrifice a Bloodline Keeper so he could put a Demonmail Hauberk on to the Stalker. It made me really sad.

Hahahahahaha this quote succintly sums up why Stalker is such a bad design at uncommon.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Why would you do that instead of just waiting a turn and sac'ing the token you could make with bloodline keeper? If that 5 damage won the game that turn then sure, but if that's the case that's not necessarily a design flaw with a creature.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

No other creatures in hand, opponent might have removal for the Bloodline Keeper for his turn, need to get that 5 power clock ticking? There are plausible scenarios for sure.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Decided to try my first MTGO draft, a swiss sealed 3xISD. Playing black/red, focusing mostly on vampires. Even drew a Liliana in my third pack, so that is pretty good.

I won the first game, and was about to lose the second so I conceded...to the entire match apparently. That certainly wasn't the right button to hit. Well, I guess that once you do that fuckup once, you don't do it again.

Edit: Well, I won my second match 2-1. MVP goes to Stensia Bloodhall. Third match I lost in a blowout. I guess one booster and a Liliana is pretty good for my first draft, even if I was stupid and conceded my first match. Torn about what to do with the Liliana. It doesn't really fit in my EDH decks. Maybe just try to sell it for tickets to do more drafting with.

I can see how this might get addictive. In a lot of ways, it is more fun than constructed play.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jan 30, 2012

grimdarkkrieg
May 12, 2009
Went into the sunday prerelease, my second time playing sealed though I've done some drafts. Went BW + some red for removal with heavy token focus and did 5-1, walking out 2nd overall with 12 boosters. A good day all in all!

This was my deck & pool http://pastebin.com/ZkQAc9Pa Basically just overrun with tokens from Increasing Devotion/Army of the Damned or crush face with the Ravenous Demon transformed to Archdemon of Greed, with cheap Humans to work as a buffer until I get the bombs to resolve (and later feed to the Archdemon). Vault of the Archangel didn't hurt, plus Mentor of the Meek really gave some nice card advantage with the tokens. Too bad he never lived longer than turn or two. Undying Evil was a fun little card as well comboed with the Cathars for fun shenanigans.

Playing Army of the Damned is so much fun every time.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
didn't see this mentioned, but LSV's set review for white is up: http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/dark-ascension-set-review-white/

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
He calls lingering souls the best standard card of the set. I guess he feels like B/W Tokens could be a thing.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Midnight sealed went pretty well. After opening all six packs I didn't open a single removal from any color. The closest I had was the new white enchantment that taps for 1 colorless and the "target creature does no damage but gets flying" enchantment. However I also got a decent amount of white and black low cost critters, the new spirit generating sorcery and that angel which makes spirits when things die and was able to go 3-1. I think my draws were weak and one guy got so mana screwed he didn't play a single land after mulliganing down to four cards which is why it went as well as I did but it was fun. Got like 13 place out of 60+ people that showed up which was cool and got some packs which I still enjoy opening like a child.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 30, 2012

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Sold my drafted Liliana to some human from the classifieds for 20 tickets, and used 18 of them to buy five more ISD boosters for more delicious drafting. I know I sound like a newbie even mentioning that, but this poo poo is all new and pretty fun for me.

Just played my second ever draft, and ended up winning all three matches without any losses. Too bad it was swiss. Charkiel tipped me off about draft recording, so I uploaded my picks. Curious to hear what people think.
http://www.raredraft.com/watch?d=32d4k

I definitely made some bad picks due to inexperience, but things ended up working out well in the end. P2P7 was probably my biggest mistake, in my eyes. P2P4 was pretty debatable too. Didn't get any real money rares, but I got the three boosters back.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 30, 2012

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
My Sunday sealed went a lot better with Requiem Angel, two Avacyn's collar, and a spirit captain. Still didn't make top 8 due to bs tie breaking, but I had fun.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

ShowTime posted:

He calls lingering souls the best standard card of the set. I guess he feels like B/W Tokens could be a thing.

Correct and Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

ShowTime posted:

I think lingering sould and vault of the archangel makes b/w tokens a deck and that's not even including sorin, keeper, high priest, doomsayer