Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Chocolate America posted:

I found that funny too and I also found it funny that ChrisG didn't think to just spam Hidden Missiles. I'm almost certain they come down too high to get reflected by Solar Flare.

No they get reflected too but since he launches an even number they just get canceled out.

Regarding her reflect does Ammy gain meter from reflecting projectiles/ does the person shooting the projectiles gain meter like they would if she was blocking or do they not get anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Grozz Nuy posted:

Anybody have a link to this stream? MarlinPie and ChrisG are some of my favorite guys to watch.

Here's the first set that ChrisG won to reset the bracket:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQkaI0_f7ek

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Grozz Nuy posted:

Anybody have a link to this stream? MarlinPie and ChrisG are some of my favorite guys to watch.
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/306896245 36:20 or so

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Morrigan, you finally did it :allears:.

Between Omniscythe and the usual style of Morrigan Dieminion and ChrisG play, I'm trying to practice a combo of both styles.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Spooky is already uploading videos from last night onto YouTube. Started with the exhibition matches and is going through the tournament now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/teamspooky/videos

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Ybrik posted:

Regarding her reflect does Ammy gain meter from reflecting projectiles/ does the person shooting the projectiles gain meter like they would if she was blocking or do they not get anything?
I assumed with how quickly ChrisG gave up the strategy and tried to go in that it must hurt Morrigan for meter. It didn't seem like Ammy reflecting was really going to threaten his lifebar, but he sure didn't want to let it happen for long.

edit: from looking at the video it doesn't look like either of them get meter when Ammy reflects, but I think Morrigan gets meter when she blocks her reflected fireball?

ChristsDickWorship fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 30, 2012

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
On my rank-up game to 8th lord I got my first ever rage mail. I've finally made it.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Mr. Fun posted:

On my rank-up game to 8th lord I got my first ever rage mail. I've finally made it.

Post the rage mail tia.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I got a rage voicemail after my first ever match in vanilla playing an Arthur team. I haven't gotten another one since. :smith:

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Chocolate America posted:

Post the rage mail tia.

His first message was just "such a human being"
Then I told him to "cry more" and he replied with "rematch piece of poo poo?" and then after I won the rematch:

"i just hope your not pride of yourself dude cause if you didn t spamm im sure that i would win wtv go gently caress yourself loser"

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Mr. Fun posted:

Then I told him to "cry more" and he replied with "rematch piece of poo poo?" and then after I won the rematch:

"i just hope your not pride of yourself dude cause if you didn t spamm im sure that i would win wtv go gently caress yourself loser"

Yeah man if you didnt do the stuff that causes you to win you wouldnt have won. human being.

Padical
Nov 29, 2004

Mr. Fun posted:

Back in vanilla some kid told me that using Dorm and Phoenix is admitting to not knowing how to play the game. I then ocv'd him with Wolverine and he said "now you are a man." I guess you don't have ehonour unless you win with rushdown or something.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Padical posted:

Back in vanilla some kid told me that using Dorm and Phoenix is admitting to not knowing how to play the game. I then ocv'd him with Wolverine and he said "now you are a man." I guess you don't have ehonour unless you win with rushdown or something.

Obviously there's no honor in using characters that can't just hit qcb+attack and pass through everything.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I got called a human being and a coward all the time for using Sentinel on point in vanilla, post patch. What the gently caress? Not my problem you chose to not block that air.M while you were dashing.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
I got messaged "fuk sentinel so cheap" pre-nerf. The odd part was, I lost that match. :iiam:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Padical posted:

I then ocv'd him with Wolverine and he said "now you are a man." I guess you don't have ehonour unless you win with rushdown or something.

But of course! Always onwards, towards battle and glory! Let not your path be hindered by projectiles or superjumpers or chickenblockers! Victory through overwhelming direct force! :black101:

(This philosophy is why I lose constantly, but I hold no ill will, as that's just more inspiration to refine my pressure game. And it's more entertaining that way.)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I remember the good old days of vanilla day one using Arthur online and getting hate mail :allears: good times man.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Day one teams were the best. XF3 Chun Li, Arthur, Gold Hsien Ko... :allears:

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
I don't know what you're all talking about, Arthur's here to stay :colbert:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Cat Machine posted:

Mine was Tron/Chun/Hulk :sweatdrop:

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

PonchAxis posted:

I remember the good old days of vanilla day one using Arthur online and getting hate mail :allears: good times man.

Cat Machine posted:

Hell yeah! Arthur (Bottle)/Dante (Jam Session)/Sentinel (Drones) was godlike for at least a week.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I remember thinking Jam Session was essentially gonna be Captain Corridor transplanted directly into MVC3 :shobon:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cat Machine posted:

I remember thinking Jam Session was essentially gonna be Captain Corridor transplanted directly into MVC3 :shobon:

I remember making fun of people who thought this.

Then again I also remember thinking Chun was top tier. In my defense she had average damage back then :mad:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

She was really good in the early days because people had no idea what to do against XF'd characters, she had a dumb combo into super and generally everyone was a lot worse when it came to walking into things (see: Sentinel stand S)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

I remember making fun of people who thought this.

Then again I also remember thinking Chun was top tier. In my defense she had average damage back then :mad:

To be fair, she can still get out solid damage and she still has at least one infinite, it just probably involves doing combo video level stuff or is hard to set up and this is mvc3 so why bother? Not to mention that just controlling her in xf3 is hard. I still hope to see Chun showing up in tournaments more someday, but that's probably a futile dream. At least people are starting to use Morrigan more though.

VVVV I hadn't seen that, thanks.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 30, 2012

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

chumbler posted:

To be fair, she can still get out solid damage and she still has at least one infinite, it just probably involves doing combo video level stuff or is hard to set up and this is mvc3 so why bother? Not to mention that just controlling her in xf3 is hard. I still hope to see Chun showing up in tournaments more someday, but that's probably a futile dream. At least people are starting to use Morrigan more though.

Did you see this Chun-li match video get posted on SRK last week?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0r1fgOkD2I

The Chun-li guy's opponent has no clue what to do (he starts to figure it out at about 23m) but the Chun play is pretty good nonetheless.

I liked his setup where he does Tenshokyaku H (the up-kicks) then calls an assist as soon as the move recovers. It's a lot like the Storm float + assist setup from Vanilla and it's a great bait for people who try to dash under Chun and cross her up on the way down.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think this set might be a better one, with the same guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3b0InyiHI4&feature=related

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
It's funny to me, that Bum's team is basically one of those crazy Day 1 vanilla teams. Except his works really well.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Dias posted:

I think this set might be a better one, with the same guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3b0InyiHI4&feature=related

That's a way better set. When that Brian guy (the Chun player) doesn't waste his xfactor and doesn't drop combos he's absolutely terrifying.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
chun does enough damage to kill anyone in two combos, but it seems like that's what people mean when they say low damage most times.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Eeevil posted:

chun does enough damage to kill anyone in two combos, but it seems like that's what people mean when they say low damage most times.

What character in the game doesn't do enough damage to kill anyone in two combos?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Eeevil posted:

Soooooo I could spend months learning situational Chun combos for 600k or I could pick up Wesker in a weekend and start doling out 1mill without even lifting a finger? Seems fair.

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Fellblade posted:

What character in the game doesn't do enough damage to kill anyone in two combos?

Hsien-Ko. :(

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Fellblade posted:

Yeah, that was my point, I have a hard time telling what amount of damage makes you a high or low damage character in this game.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eeevil posted:

Yeah, that was my point, I have a hard time telling what amount of damage makes you a high or low damage character in this game.

If you can kill an average health character in a combo using 3 or fewer meters, you are a high damage character in UMvC3.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

If you can kill an average health character in a combo using 3 or fewer meters, you are a high damage character in UMvC3.

I'd change that to 2 meters, because any character with a level 3 would be high damage then, otherwise I agree.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Jmcrofts posted:

Doom's BnB to Doctor Strange DHC will kill an average health character.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fellblade posted:

I'd change that to 2 meters, because any character with a level 3 would be high damage then, otherwise I agree.

I don't think Ammy, Trish, RR, and probably others I can't remember can do 950k with 3 meters.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
RR can dish out a lot of damage if you're willing to learn his combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Sentinel has the highest damage to button press ratio. That trumps everything. :colbert:

• Locked thread