Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The Todd Glass Show is wonderful. It's some kind of experimental, long-form, stream-of-consciousness morning zoo.

I'm skipping around a bit and so far have only listened to the Chris Hardwick and James Adomian episodes, but I'm hooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Nemo posted:

The Todd Glass Show is wonderful. It's some kind of experimental, long-form, stream-of-consciousness morning zoo.

I'm skipping around a bit and so far have only listened to the Chris Hardwick and James Adomian episodes, but I'm hooked.

Any one of the 50 or so episodes with Rory Scovel is a good bet too.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
It was weird hearing the Todd Glass WTF episode. For some reason from listening to his podcast, I had gotten the idea that he was gay and it was an open thing that everyone knew, but he just didn't talk about it because it wasn't coming up in conversation on the show.
It's cool he was able to finally come out, and that WTF will be great in the future to be able to point at when friends get annoyed at me for giving them a hard time for using "gay" in a derogatory way.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
I dunno if this is old news to you guys but Roderick on the Line is great. It's another Merlin Mann show, but instead of talking with other uber-geeks (cf. You Look Nice Today, Back to Work) he chats with burly alpha-male rocker John Roderick, who's not afraid to tell him "there's nothing wrong with you that a couple of asskickings wouldn't solve." It's a nice dynamic.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

dancehall posted:

I dunno if this is old news to you guys but Roderick on the Line is great. It's another Merlin Mann show, but instead of talking with other uber-geeks (cf. You Look Nice Today, Back to Work) he chats with burly alpha-male rocker John Roderick, who's not afraid to tell him "there's nothing wrong with you that a couple of asskickings wouldn't solve." It's a nice dynamic.
It got mentioned briefly when it launched, but very little attention since then. It's a shame; it immediately became one of my favorites, too.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

dancehall posted:

I love the back and forth between "you need to get in a fight" and "I kissed a few guys living in San Francisco".

This is an amazing show.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I really liked the Pod F Thomcast at first, but I got bored with it after a while. I don't enjoy the impressions as much when he's alone. So I can kind of see where Solar Cuckulator is coming from.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Same, they're great impressions but without another person trying to hold back laughter asking Cake Boss the difference between a cake bug and a cake virus to play off they lose a lot of 'oomph'.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

dog poop n doritos posted:

Any one of the 50 or so episodes with Rory Scovel is a good bet too.

I think the episode with Eddie Pepitone may be the best one but yeah, you could make a great case that any of Rory's are the funniest. I really liked the Chelsea Peretti one cause I think she's hilarious but it kicks up a notch when she lets herself be silly and just goes with it instead of maintaining that air of criticism and aloofness. Her laugh is great and her slight movements of the wrist are so delicate.

There are some people like Chelsea Peretti and Neal Brennan that I hear on podcasts and adore but I'm sure if we ever hung out they'd look down on me and berate everything I've done with my life.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I just listened to the latest Todd Glass Show and it made me like Anthony Jeselnik. Usually I feel like he doesn't play along on other podcasts, but I was dying laughing the whole time. This show is a gem.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

It's Todd, you can't help but play along with him cause he's so genuine about what he likes (besides men until recently) and doesn't judge at all.

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Did anyone listen to the latest Judge John Hodgman?

That woman was unbelievable. I hope for the guy's sake that their divorce comes sooner than later.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Disco Godfather posted:

Did anyone listen to the latest Judge John Hodgman?

That woman was unbelievable. I hope for the guy's sake that their divorce comes sooner than later.

I haven't listened to it yet but after reading the description I almost deleted it without listening.
At least with the plane/carry on episode I listened to the first few minutes before just getting angry at both of the people on it.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
Why do people always get so worked up about the guests on Judge John Hodgman? I've listened to them all, and I've never gotten upset about one of them, the Cone-Hipster, the carry on girl or even this weeks.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

Why do people always get so worked up about the guests on Judge John Hodgman? I've listened to them all, and I've never gotten upset about one of them, the Cone-Hipster, the carry on girl or even this weeks.

I feel the same way for the most part, but this week struck me as really odd for some reason. I mean, it came down to "I am taking masters courses in addition to working to further myself and my career" vs. "I need someone around to pay attention to me". The whole Lover Slumber Party thing just made it weirder. It wasn't a bad episode, but I just thought it was a weird case to bring.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

SpacePig posted:

I feel the same way for the most part, but this week struck me as really odd for some reason. I mean, it came down to "I am taking masters courses in addition to working to further myself and my career" vs. "I need someone around to pay attention to me".

This was understandable and that is a valid balance people need to strike in a marriage

SpacePig posted:

The whole Lover Slumber Party thing just made it weirder.

But yeah this is when it went off the rails

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Riptor posted:

This was understandable and that is a valid balance people need to strike in a marriage

But yeah this is when it went off the rails

I understand the complaint, because that stuff's important in a marriage, but unless I'm rememering wrong, the guy was fine with someone coming over to help if he took the 16 week courses. About halfway through the episode, there didn't even seem to be a problem besides the sleepover aspect of it.

It wasn't a bad episode or an invalid complaint, it just seems like it was resolved before they even got on the show.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

Because usually when they're not the dumbest problems in the world, they're dumb people trying to be funny and so quirky but not realizing they're not funny.

Hodgman himself rules hard and is hilarious, I just finally unsubed because I can't stand enduring painfully unfunny people between the legit funny people.

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

White people problems, literally.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
I haven't found it too difficult to skip ahead until I hear the soft jazz that signifies docket-clearin' time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Disco Godfather posted:

White people problems, literally.

Yea like I get the goof is that he's 'arbitrating' over a meaningless problem and all but loving seriously how many hipsters can I listen to argue if crudite is an acceptable snack for ironic dodgeball team meetings?

No Ticket
Jul 20, 2007

Fezz posted:

The episode of Bob Ducca's Affirmation Nation with Jason Manzoukas as a behind the scenes recording of the podcast is absolutely hilarious.

Plus a great callback to Kevin gently caress.

This was so great.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
In case anyone doesn't regularly check in with Doug Loves Movies, the new one has Paul F Tompkins as himself, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Gary Marshall, it's pretty crazy and impressive. (I realise there's a DLM thread, but this thread is pretty heavy on PFT talk and fans)

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

The Champs (with Neal Brennan and Moshe Kasher) was mentioned in this thread over summer, and it got me hooked. I highly recommend it because for me it's the podcast that makes me laugh out loud the most. They have a different black guest on every week, and the conversations and chemistry are great. It's a pretty free-form podcast and DJ Douggpound is always putting in random drops that crack me up. I think it's become my favorite podcast.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

drawkcab si eman ym posted:

The Champs (with Neal Brennan and Moshe Kasher) was mentioned in this thread over summer, and it got me hooked. I highly recommend it because for me it's the podcast that makes me laugh out loud the most. They have a different black guest on every week, and the conversations and chemistry are great. It's a pretty free-form podcast and DJ Douggpound is always putting in random drops that crack me up. I think it's become my favorite podcast.

Has the sound quality gotten better? It has a bunch of guys I like, but I couldn't understand what they were saying half the time so I never subscribed to it.

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

Groucho Marxist posted:

Has the sound quality gotten better? It has a bunch of guys I like, but I couldn't understand what they were saying half the time so I never subscribed to it.

Not that I've noticed- I have to listen to it with headphones or turn up the stereo volume in my car.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

That's weird, I never had a problem with the sound outside of a couple episodes early on where they mixed some of the people into one ear and some into another, but just cause it was confusing. I could understand everyone fine

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
SuperEgo teased a thing with a short clip today; a "SuperEgo Adventure" coming out Feb 27. Its about aliens. I'm so excited

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Thrilling Adventure Hour uploaded the same clip, so it looks like the two shows are getting together.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Comedy Bang Bang with Tim & Eric... a couple of funny moments but not really great. But those guys are pretty nuts. The guest person was also not great.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Ugh, I don't want to skip an episode, but I really don't like Tim & Eric. Hopefully James Adomian makes it worthwhile.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

King Lou posted:

Comedy Bang Bang with Tim & Eric... a couple of funny moments but not really great.

Do they do their classic "pretend to be a horrible interview guest" thing? Because that always makes for a really great interview.:rolleyes:

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Fourth Analyze Phish is up :woop:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

NotWearingPants posted:

Do they do their classic "pretend to be a horrible interview guest" thing? Because that always makes for a really great interview.:rolleyes:

I think the only person taht this has work for, for me at least, was Zach Galafinakis. I can't say I'm looking forward to today's episode.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

NotWearingPants posted:

Do they do their classic "pretend to be a horrible interview guest" thing?

Not as much as Tim/Zach have done in the past. Oddly enough, James Adomian's character struck me as the worst (but I think it's because I haven't seen the documentary his character is based on).

Not a top-notch episode, but Tim and Eric acted (slightly) better than Tim and Zach have, respectively. It's probably worth a try.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

plastered quack posted:

Not as much as Tim/Zach have done in the past. Oddly enough, James Adomian's character struck me as the worst (but I think it's because I haven't seen the documentary his character is based on).

Dr Bronner isn't from a documentary (unless one exists incidentally); it's a soap, with this batshit label: http://i.imgur.com/ECd2Q.png

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Tim & Eric weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be, but Adomian's character was pretty bad right from the start, and only got worse. I was etertained until he showed up, and I'm honestly not sure whether I'll finish the episode after work like I normally do.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 30, 2012

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I'm catching up on Doug Loves Movies from ages ago and just hit the "How high is too high" episode. Jesus christ, Doug is barely coherent in that one, I didn't even make it to the end. I think I gave up right about when they were having a ten minute debate about whether it was Alien vs Predator or Aliens vs Predators.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin

WoG posted:

Dr Bronner isn't from a documentary (unless one exists incidentally); it's a soap, with this batshit label: http://i.imgur.com/ECd2Q.png

They are probably referring to this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0881909/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soapbox is available on Netflix Instant, by the way, in case you want to see the crazy for yourself. Terrible father. Totally nuts. Brilliant soap maker.

• Locked thread