Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Szyznyk posted:

Worst Nick and Artie Show guest toss up: Bob Levy or Kamal from the Jerky Boys?

Bob isn't talented or funny, but he is at least kind of interesting in a bottom-feeding, sewer rat failed comedian way. Plus it's always great to hear his more successful comedian friends (i.e. anyone who knows him who may have once or twice done a drunken open mic) gently caress with him.

I loved the Jerky Boys when I was in high school, and the only way you could hear them was through poorly dubbed bootleg audio cassettes, but Kamal may officially be the least relevant human being in show business.

So I'd have to say Stephen A. Smith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

DangerDummy! posted:

So I'd have to say Stephen A. Smith.

I also enjoy calling radio shows with my trac phone while standing in a subway tunnel next to an electrical transformer.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I just started listening to the show where Robin announces she has been emasculating men and will no longer do it, if those dang incompetent guys can help her of course. She can't do it unless they make her stop emasculating them.

Which just caused me to roll around in a logic loop and explode my brain.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

I just started listening to the show where Robin announces she has been emasculating men and will no longer do it, if those dang incompetent guys can help her of course. She can't do it unless they make her stop emasculating them.

Yeah, a woman telling a man she's going to stop hurting his feelings is like the most emasculating thing ever in the first place.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

No wonder she can't keep any men. It's one thing to be a sugar momma, but when you can't even keep men for that....geez, that's loving harsh.

She's going to die alone. Bald and alone.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Szyznyk posted:

Worst Nick and Artie Show guest toss up: Bob Levy or Kamal from the Jerky Boys?

I never thought I could tell someone was dyslexic/illiterate just from hearing their voice, but welp, then Bob Levy comes along.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Vakal posted:

Yeah, a woman telling a man she's going to stop hurting his feelings is like the most emasculating thing ever in the first place.

It was pretty funny because Howard was straight up saying, "I can't tell you when you are emasculating me" and Robin couldn't figure it out.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

It was pretty funny because Howard was straight up saying, "I can't tell you when you are emasculating me" and Robin couldn't figure it out.

Do you mean because she can't take the slightest criticism?

I'm a little lost..I haven't heard the live show in a while and not sure what she means in your other post.

I know what emasculating means, but what exactly was she saying there?

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Now all I want is to hear Bob Levy try to say "emasculating."

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

ChaosMonkey posted:

Now all I want is to hear Bob Levy try to say "emasculating."

Lampignelli.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

chiz posted:

Do you mean because she can't take the slightest criticism?

I'm a little lost..I haven't heard the live show in a while and not sure what she means in your other post.

I know what emasculating means, but what exactly was she saying there?

I thought it was funny that Robin was telling them to basically man up and stop her, so she wouldn't emasculate them. This was funny because:

1. Robin went to a seminar
2. She places the blame on emasculating people on the people not stopping her (34)
3. You can't ask a bully to stop bullying you
4. Howard is emasculated, so he WON'T say anything because he is afraid of her
5. The cycle will continue, but Robin will think she defeated it.
6. The show is over if nobody makes fun of anyone.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
ugh she truly is an ignorant, vile and stupid person.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pydyfLysaoA&t=0m14s

this might be the best opening to a call in the history of HS.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Szyznyk posted:

I also enjoy calling radio shows with my trac phone while standing in a subway tunnel next to an electrical transformer.

He did us a favor. It was awfully nice of him to take ten minutes out of his busy schedule of arguing with Skip Bayliss about Tim Tebow to call in, though.

Speaking of black guys and lovely audio, as much fun as Brian Jones was in studio, someone should have directed him to speak into the microphone. It reminded me of Phil Hendrie doing Bud Dickman's off-mic voice.

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

Szyznyk posted:

What show did Stephen A. Smith call in? I'd like to hear that. Anyone know the date?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

CrazyAss13 posted:

What show did Stephen A. Smith call in? I'd like to hear that. Anyone know the date?

I'll find it for you, but it really isn't a very good call. His phone line is terrible, and he doesn't really talk about anything all that interesting. He's basically siding with the owners on the NBA strike, and Nick and Artie really don't add anything to the dialogue. If you've heard him talk about it on "First & Ten", you get the idea.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

DangerDummy! posted:

Speaking of black guys and lovely audio, as much fun as Brian Jones was in studio, someone should have directed him to speak into the microphone. It reminded me of Phil Hendrie doing Bud Dickman's off-mic voice.

I don't think they HAD another microphone.

Thursday's N&A was cracking me up bad. They had the dumb "nice coaches" in, and Artie busted into the Planes, Trains, & Automobiles speech, then the "Please Don't Go!" song. They must've had no idea what was going on.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Qaz Kwaz posted:

I don't think they HAD another microphone.

Thursday's N&A was cracking me up bad. They had the dumb "nice coaches" in, and Artie busted into the Planes, Trains, & Automobiles speech, then the "Please Don't Go!" song. They must've had no idea what was going on.

The best part about that was Artie leading the women on and making Nick look like a jerk.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003

FogHelmut posted:

The best part about that was Artie leading the women on and making Nick look like a jerk.

"You see, with the constant fat jokes?"

If I hadn't been listening to Stern so long and invested in all the guys... I think I'd make Nick & Artie my go-to show. Yeah, there are no bits, no A level guests, no song parodies, no Nick & Artie TV, but the pure comedy is better.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Qaz Kwaz posted:

If I hadn't been listening to Stern so long and invested in all the guys... I think I'd make Nick & Artie my go-to show. Yeah, there are no bits, no A level guests, no song parodies, no Nick & Artie TV, but the pure comedy is better.

Artie did a hell of a song parody on Friday.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Whenever they rarely talk about sports, I just tune it out like Robin was talking.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
I've been catching up with this months HS shows and they spent a half hour discussing AGT and another discussing Howard being a pescatarian.

It seems like with the whole suing Sirius thing and his AGT gig coming up, Howard is actively sabotaging his show in the form of putting no effort into being entertaining anymore.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm interested in Howard's involvement in AGT at least, before he was just talking about watching the show, maybe him working on it will at least get him talking more about himself, his experience and his outlook, which would be infinitely more entertaining.

I even enjoyed the boring phone talk, because it was insight into how Howard thinks and would have been gold if anyone on the staff pointed out his incompetence on the subject.

I also like he is suing his company again, I love angry, cranky, forced to be here Howard, if he rebels and acts like a child, not take a nap like an old fart and ignore it.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
This must be a bit with Eric wanting the sodas. Has to be.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

musclecoder posted:

This must be a bit with Eric wanting the sodas. Has to be.

Just like the majority of the poo poo Eric does, it's a bit.

I think.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Streebs posted:

Just like the majority of the poo poo Eric does, it's a bit.

I think.

You'll enjoy EtM infinitely more if you just think everything he does is 100% real.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Brocktoon posted:

You'll enjoy EtM infinitely more if you just think everything he does is 100% real.

Or if you just think of him flying away forever with balloons tied to him.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
There's no way that Pepsi crap wasn't a sponsored bit, even if the show had no idea [I think they did]. No one I know calls Pepsi "Pepsi Cola" and Howard didn't do his usual anti sugar water rant, only one semi negative comment about it.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Godinster posted:

There's no way that Pepsi crap wasn't a sponsored bit, even if the show had no idea [I think they did]. No one I know calls Pepsi "Pepsi Cola" and Howard didn't do his usual anti sugar water rant, only one semi negative comment about it.

Which wasn't that bad, "Maybe you shouldn't be drinking that stuff"

Like Brocktoon said, I just pretend ETM is real otherwise it takes the fun out of it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Don't coke and pepsi sponsor most of those lovely judge shows? The judges usually have all the same coke or pepsi plastic cup to hide their booze in.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
Just heard the call today where a crazy guy calls in and claims that Howard speaks to him through the radio. Holy poo poo he was loving insane but it was goddamn hilarious

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

Godinster posted:

Would Pepsi really sponsor some Angry Midget and a son of a Mob boss to promote their product? I believe it's a bit, but I don't see anyway ETM and Johny are getting anything out of it besides airtime.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CrazyAss13 posted:

Would Pepsi really sponsor some Angry Midget and a son of a Mob boss to promote their product? I believe it's a bit, but I don't see anyway ETM and Johny are getting anything out of it besides airtime.

Are they still trying to get fame for their poo poo? Honestly, it's been about seven years. They either need to have Eric swim naked at Sea World or just give up. This constant calling-in with manufactured drama is pathetic.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003

Godinster posted:

"Pepsi Cola"

Pepsuh coluh.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pepsicola. Like Pensacola, FL.

The thing that stood out to me was Howard saying "soda" and Eric correcting him with "Pepsicola."

Then Howard asked Eric why he likes Pepsi over Coke, and Johnny kept coaching, "You don't drink Coke."

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
That's bullshit. We all know Eric got hospitalized because he lived on nothing but mac & cheese and Coke.

Judging by that pic we saw last week he probably still does.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ChaosMonkey posted:

That's bullshit. We all know Eric got hospitalized because he lived on nothing but mac & cheese and Coke.

Judging by that pic we saw last week he probably still does.

Not only that, but he wasn't sleeping at all and blaming the show for it because he doesn't have a personality.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
The letter ETM wrote to the producer was loving hilarious. Especially the part about how he implied Johnny Fratto would beat the guy up, so best to not get him or the lawyers involved.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

qbert posted:

The letter ETM wrote to the producer was loving hilarious. Especially the part about how he implied Johnny Fratto would beat the guy up, so best to not get him or the lawyers involved.

Didn't he try to claim the same thing in a voicemail also? And then Johnny Fratto basically ripped him a new one for saying all this crazy poo poo that could get him in trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Now that we've learned Simon Cowell fired hosts Steve, Paula, and Nicole from X-Factor, I'm starting to think that call to Howard a week or two ago was Simon actually begging Howard to be a judge on X-Factor and bail on AGT.

I don't know, just a thought.