Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Hey, have the candy corn in the site navigation bars always been there? I just noticed them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Lady of the Beech posted:

Hey, have the candy corn in the site navigation bars always been there? I just noticed them.

They have been there a while

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

tinaun posted:

They have been there a while

Haha, wow. They've been there long before I first started reading MSPA.

This is pretty consistent of me actually.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Still haven't heard from 2 people (by character name):

Luke Bonaparte

Leon Carson

If the invites haven't gone through, IM me at thisisbonetail on AIM or pester me at analogApothecary on Pesterchum and we can get it figured out. There have been a few problems already, so you guys aren't the only ones not getting invites if that's what happened.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Are there any plans to start up another for people who didn't get into the first one? I was at school when you guys started talking about this and I'm sad I couldn't make it in time.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

pandaK posted:

Are there any plans to start up another for people who didn't get into the first one? I was at school when you guys started talking about this and I'm sad I couldn't make it in time.

This by no means has to be the only one. If someone else wants to start another one up go ahead.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
Is there an example of a game session I can look at? I've heard about these kinds of games but I've never been in one, so I don't really know what I'd expect If I'd ever get in a session myself.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Update! So it looks like the portals take you through the Furthest Ring? Makes sense.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ice_Mallet posted:

Is there an example of a game session I can look at? I've heard about these kinds of games but I've never been in one, so I don't really know what I'd expect If I'd ever get in a session myself.

Well I don't know how helpful this will be, but this site compiles a bunch of threads about this very topic. I'd suggest going into the archives, sort by highest vote, and then just read things that sound interesting. Of course, not everything is strictly about the processes of tabletop roleplaying, but some of the best stuff I've read came from here so that's why I suggest it.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 31, 2012

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I got really excited when I saw the title "Roxy: Descend." :v:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

Update! So it looks like the portals take you through the Furthest Ring? Makes sense.

So, remember in PS when a Fluthlu attacked? Didn't he come through a window?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Thundarr posted:

They have to roll d% at the start of every fight to determine which special weapon they have, but by the time that's done they're already dead? :v:

The Underlings had the powers of badass redcoats (AKA, were Dante ripoffs) or were ninjas, and the Monarchs got Gygaxian and just preemptively killed everyone right after Medium entry, actually. :eng101:

quote:

IIRC, NLTM posted transcripts of some sessions in the PYF Homestuck Art Thread. Maybe checking those might be a good idea?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Slime posted:

So, remember in PS when a Fluthlu attacked? Didn't he come through a window?
Yeah and don't forget the method of killing him.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001026

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 31, 2012

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Awwww poo poo, we might actually get to see fncysntakind in action.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Vaah posted:

Awwww poo poo, we might actually get to see fncysntakind in action.

I've been waiting since Act 1. :allears: Except not really, since I didn't start reading until Hivebent, but you know what I mean.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wow, holy poo poo. Hussie totally foreshadowed this in the Homestuck Book.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
gently caress. Yes. This is all I ever wanted. Given Andrew's fascination with Fancy Santas, though, this outcome was all but guaranteed.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Wow, holy poo poo. Hussie totally foreshadowed this in the Homestuck Book.

For anyone not in the know, in the Author Commentary for this page reads "P.S. - It's a pity nobody ever snapped up fncysntakind, a.k.a. the deadliest kind of all."

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I might just be an idiot, but what is fncysntakind?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Tollymain posted:

Fancy Santa kind.

I can't wait to see it in action myself.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Tollymain posted:

Fancy Santa Kind

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Apparently it is shortened from FancySantakind, since the whole thing is too long to fit on the card. Which only makes it that much more ironic.

VVV 3x beaten combo

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Let me tell you about Fancy Santas.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
See also: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=000726

Pakled posted:

Fancy Santa Kind

Hussie posted:

Get a load of this horse’s rear end.

It's impressive how he continues to be original while constantly recycling his old material.

Walliard fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 31, 2012

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I wonder how many of these callbacks to Act 1 are the result of Hussie doing the commentary for the Homestuck book and remembering various plot-points and one off jokes.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
People wanted transcripts of chatlogs and stuff, so you can see them all HERE. Follow that blog and you will eventually know and love these characters. (God knows I don't (Yet!)) It starts of very slow because I don't have much experience doing this sort of thing, but I kinda fell into the groove about a half an hour in.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 31, 2012

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Mazerunner posted:

Yes! I so called it!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
But. Who's moving Cal? :psyduck:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gamzee, obviously.

KoB
May 1, 2009

YggiDee posted:

But. Who's moving Cal? :psyduck:

You can see Bro moving slightly.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Dirk Strider himself. He's running around and giving him a fist bump nigh-simultaneously.

(Totally did not just save the gif and view it frame by frame--it's vague but the shape of the hair looks close enough)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think that's the most depressing thing I've read all day. :(

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

The fact that he's actually alone? Yeah.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Man, so many players turn out to be orphans before the game even starts.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
So the Condesce has been a busy imperial personage, killing all these guardians and such. Makes the Good Doctor look like a layabout by comparison.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Seoinin posted:

So the Condesce has been a busy imperial personage, killing all these guardians and such. Makes the Good Doctor look like a layabout by comparison.
Well, he did say his methods were rather more subtle than the Handmaiden's (and, by extension, her successor's).

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Sawtooth and Squarewave (mostly just Squarewave)! :neckbeard:

Wanna see Bro have a rap-off with Sawtooth.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So Sawtooth is basically the Jack Noir of Rap

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

Sawtooth and Squarewave (mostly just Squarewave)! :neckbeard:

Wanna see Bro have a rap-off with Sawtooth.

Sawtooth would DESTROY bro. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sawtooth and Squarewave's official debut.

About drat time.