Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Deepfried posted:

This. Even having used (and still using) Activator, I don't know how I ever lived without Zephyr.

Also those looking for additional Siri functionality AssistantExtensions (free) is fantastic, much more advanced and reliable than SiriToggles. Allows toggles, launching apps, send tweets, search YouTube + more even from your lock screen.

More info and video here:

http://cydiahelp.com/assistantextensions-is-by-far-the-best-siri-jailbreak-tweak-video/
This is indeed awesome and way better than Siri toggles. The Alice chatbot built in is ridiculously hilarious. Also looking forward to trying to installing SBSettings TetherMe toggle so I can have Siri turn it on and off. At least until mywi on demand gets fixed. Also zephyr.

Only thing I'm lacking is larger fonts for safari (I'm old and blind :( )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Corona 1.0.7 is out.

This is for all 5.0.1 jailbreaks, regardless of "method" used to jailbreak (3GS, 4, 4S, iPad 2, etc). It fixes things like iBooks DRM decoding issues...!

I just flipped through a few pages of Winnie the Pooh to test. Everything loaded fine. This is the first it's worked jailbroken since 4.2.1. :3:

Edit :siren:
Old Bootrom 3GS users, do NOT install Corona at this time. Some issue was found with it that causes problems.

----------

Questions I will never expect to get answers from:

* Which caused iBooks DRM issues - the jailbreak itself, or the Corona untether? I briefly used an iPhone 4 tethered at 5.0.1, but never tried iBooks with it (plus, the user did not have any DRM-protected books).

* If Corona causes problems on old bootrom 3GS devices (and Corona isn't even needed for the untethered jailbreak of an old bootrom 3GS), would a Corona-less old bootrom 3GS still have iBooks DRM issues?

Xenomorph fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 31, 2012

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Android's G+ Instant Upload feature was really handy, and is one of the things I miss most about my old Android phone. Is there a jailbreak app that will do the same thing, that is, automatically upload photos to Picasa as soon as a picture is taken?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Karthe posted:

Android's G+ Instant Upload feature was really handy, and is one of the things I miss most about my old Android phone. Is there a jailbreak app that will do the same thing, that is, automatically upload photos to Picasa as soon as a picture is taken?

DropPhox almost does that. Dropbox instead of Picasa.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Xenomorph posted:

Corona 1.0.7 is out.

Where do you get this? Is this a Cydia app or a whole new Jailbreak method?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Feenix posted:

Where do you get this? Is this a Cydia app or a whole new Jailbreak method?

It's not really an app- but yes, it installs through Cydia.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Zephyr owns.

Try it out if you want quicker multi-tasking

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Are white icons still a problem? I recall that they were working on a fix but I haven't heard much since.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Christoff posted:

Zephyr owns.

Try it out if you want quicker multi-tasking

Zephyr does own. too bad it fucks up Triple Town. :\

White Icons are still an issue. Got them today. Pretty much any time you install something from Cydia or do an upgrade to an existing package.

IllegallySober: What is the official package name? Is it on some other Repo?

I didn't see a Corona 1.0.7. I did see a Corona 5.0.1 I think...
Is that it?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Feenix posted:

I did see a Corona 5.0.1 I think...
Is that it?

yeah, bring that up and you'll see 1.0-7 in the grey text underneath the package title

xan!
Aug 17, 2004

by elpintogrande

xan! fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 1, 2012

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

gypsyshred posted:

I'm in the Springs, how much better is Sprint's coverage so far? Specifically, does it poo poo the bed on the way to Manitou?

e.pie posted:

Nope, works great in Manitou too, and the shopping centers off of Powers where data NEVER worked. And out at Schriever where you couldn't even get edge service with AT&T I get 3G and almost full bars with Sprint.

Now that said, the data speeds on average are about half of what I was getting on AT&T when I actually had good service, except good service locations were few and far between. But I'll gladly take slightly slower in more places than fast in a few and unusable in most. Besides it's still plenty fast enough for Pandora and Netflix.

Just ran this sitting at Hell's Kitchen in Manitou.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Slightly OT, but my new EP opens with a song about Jailbreaking. Get it for free at http://www.mcdrewmoney.com (Warning: Geek rap / nerd core).

Also; Zephyr owns.

Glad to have an iBooks fix. Though I've just gotten used to using the Kindle reader.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

e.pie posted:

Just ran this sitting at Hell's Kitchen in Manitou.

I don't want to encourage a speedtest pic posting parade, but are you posting that because it's good or bad? (It's bad.)

edit: \/\/\/ wow, sorry to hear that :(

randyest fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Feb 1, 2012

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

randyest posted:

I don't want to encourage a speedtest pic posting parade, but are you posting that because it's good or bad? (It's bad.)

I know it's not great, but sadly it's a lot better than AT&T is in this area.

ZippoGuy
Dec 18, 2005

Some say the world
will end in fire...
I'm just helping it along
College Slice
Does anyone know of a way to change Siri's voice without losing location functions?

I like the British English voice because it feel like I have a butler, but it's not worth it if he's incompetent.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

e.pie posted:

I know it's not great, but sadly it's a lot better than AT&T is in this area.

Basically in that area ATT is a total black out. Which I find weird for a major carrier in a semi major city in 2012.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

gypsyshred posted:

Basically in that area ATT is a total black out. Which I find weird for a major carrier in a semi major city in 2012.

Don't feel bad, I am in Kirkland WA which is just over the lake from Seattle and my data speeds/call drop issues are just terrible. Whenever I go back to Chicago I never experience anything like this. There are times where I have to shut off 3G just so I can receive calls at my condo.

Edit: even better proof is that I was only able to post this because I am at my neighbors condo who just so happens to have an AT&T microcell router. Seriously, Seattle? I would expect better.

Mr Hands Colon fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Feb 1, 2012

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.
Probably been asked before, but what's are the best lockscreen themes around that work on the 4S?

I'm specifically looking for something that would be very minimalist when I have no new alerts, but when I DO get alerts, it would display them on the lockscreen. Stuff like emails, calendar alerts, texts, etc.

I used to use LockInfo on my old phone, but I like the idea of not always having visible bars on the lockscreen when there are no alerts to deal with. If I have to have a cluttered lockscreen at all times, I'll probably just switch to IntelliScreenX since it looks nicer anyway. Definitely not going to use Typophone.

m0isty
Sep 7, 2007
Never knowingly underfed....
You can set lockinfo to hide empty sections ;)

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I bought IntelliscreenX but find that it is almost ALWAYS missing. When I restart my phone, or respring, it's there, and is fine... but then it's gone shortly after. I'm wondering if there's a conflict with BiteSMS or something. It's a pain.

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.

m0isty posted:

You can set lockinfo to hide empty sections ;)

That's true I guess, but it doesn't really change the size of the 'slide to unlock' or the info section at the top by default, does it? I was hoping for something with small versions of both of those sections.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Edit: even better proof is that I was only able to post this because I am at my neighbors condo who just so happens to have an AT&T microcell router. Seriously, Seattle? I would expect better.

You don't live in Seattle :ssh:

deathmerc posted:

Slightly OT, but my new EP opens with a song about Jailbreaking. Get it for free at http://www.mcdrewmoney.com (Warning: Geek rap / nerd core).

Thanks for this.

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 1, 2012

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Both of my A5 devices are having issues with playing music. My iPhone started to work after I restarted, but my iPad has been unable to play music at all. I haven't really installed too many packages - is this a common issue or a freak occurance?

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

bazaar apparatus posted:

That's true I guess, but it doesn't really change the size of the 'slide to unlock' or the info section at the top by default, does it? I was hoping for something with small versions of both of those sections.
You can also choose what sections appear, and hide the slide to unlock entirely, which is how I like it. Mess around in the lock info settings and you should be able to get it how you like it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What was the name of that application that was like an overclock but wasn't? It sped up the animations.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

obi_ant posted:

What was the name of that application that was like an overclock but wasn't? It sped up the animations.

fakeclockup, as was asked and answered last page.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I haven't been jailbroken since September when I sold my 4. Other than SBSettings, is there anything I'm missing out on for my 4S?

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 1, 2012

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Shadowhand00 posted:

Both of my A5 devices are having issues with playing music. My iPhone started to work after I restarted, but my iPad has been unable to play music at all. I haven't really installed too many packages - is this a common issue or a freak occurance?

Found my own answer by googling:

quote:

"Untethered FIX:
ayeayre is right the this is a symptom of music not being found when the app tries to play it.
If you have itunes match and some time you can fix this issue without having to restore or re-sync. Just turn on itunes match Settings>Music
then set Show All Music to off. This will display only what has been downloaded to your phone. Then go into your Music app, sort by Artist and start swiping to delete. Repeat this for Albums/Songs if you have any that don't get out with the other deletions.
Now, you should have 0 songs...
go back into Settings>Music
turn off iTunes Match, then turn it back on. Turn 'Show All Music' on
go back into Music app; at this point it will start pulling your iTunes available songs. Download a song/album.

furushotakeru
Jul 20, 2004

Your Honor, why am I pink?!

Shadowhand00 posted:

Found my own answer by googling:

Thanks, I was actually having this same issue on my iPad2 and was wondering if it had to do with the jailbreak but hadn't bothered to look into it yet.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Josh Lyman posted:

I haven't been jailbroken since September when I sold my 4. Other than SBSettings, is there anything I'm missing out on for my 4S?
Wifi tethering if you're into that.
Hands-free Siri
Siri assistant extensions to control brightness, toggle settings, adjust brightness, send tweets, launch apps, etc. hands free.
Copic to put contact pics everywhere
Callme to make picture icons for speed dial
Infinidock and folderenhancer
Lockinfo or intelliscreenx
My3g/3gunrestrictor for FaceTime and big app downloads over 3G
Navigate from maps to launch tomtom or navigon from the stock maps app
Spring flash
Switchermod
Weathericon
Etc.

I don't know what's important to you but check the goon JB app database in the OP and/or search my posts for the link.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

status posted:

fakeclockup, as was asked and answered last page.

I can't seem to find it in Cydia? Is there another source?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

obi_ant posted:

I can't seem to find it in Cydia? Is there another source?

Try adding the Moyashi repo – http://hitoriblog.com/apt/

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Try adding the Moyashi repo – http://hitoriblog.com/apt/

Thanks. I found it.

Does anyone know why Cydia take so long to refresh it keeps stalling at packages when it loads up.

mewse
May 2, 2006

obi_ant posted:

Does anyone know why Cydia take so long to refresh it keeps stalling at packages when it loads up.

cydia hits a bunch of different sources sequentially, one of them is still getting hammered with the influx of new devices being jailbroken.

i kinda wish it would display which one is lagging so i could go disable it. i also wish it would fetch the pkg list updates in parallel rather than sequentially, but since it's basically a pretty GUI on apt i doubt they have the chops to make that happen.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

obi_ant posted:

Thanks. I found it.

90% of that is lovely themes you don't care about. Go to "sections" and turn off all the "themes" categories and it'll be way faster. And it'll not pollute your searches with shitloads of shitthemes.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Zephyr, since no one's mentioned it yet.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Again, why can't we have all of the useful apps added to the OP? It's not even worth going through the crap on cydia. A bunch of us have poster apps and a brief detail of what they do

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Ezrem posted:

Zephyr, since no one's mentioned it yet.

Pretty sure it's actually been mentioned several times in the last several pages, sometimes multiple times a page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
What are the best emulators on Cydia?

I see Snes9x EX, which is free. What about NES and GameBoy?

NES.emu and GBC.emu? They are by the same author, but cost $6 and $5.
I'd like to know if they are good before dropping the cash on them.

• Locked thread