Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Travakian
Oct 9, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

I have a dumb old Hotmail account that I've been using since like the 8th grade. I really want to get rid of it and replace it with an @live account or something, but the problem is that I have pretty much everything associated with it including a Windows/Xbox Live gaming account, Messenger contacts, Skydrive, and MS Office and god knows what other Live services.

Is there any easy way to transfer all of that stuff and its content to a new account? How about just merging both accounts? This isn't the same as changing account association with Amazon or something because, as I understand it, all of the Windows Live services are pretty closely integrated. I'm mostly worried about the Office and Xbox Live accounts because they might require re-registering or buying a new license or something.

You could create a gmail account-- generally accepted they have better security, spam filtering & contact management, plus you can import all of your old mail and contacts. Furthermore, you can sign up any account (even gmail ones) for a .net passport, which allows you to use it with any Live service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Travakian posted:

You could create a gmail account-- generally accepted they have better security, spam filtering & contact management, plus you can import all of your old mail and contacts. Furthermore, you can sign up any account (even gmail ones) for a .net passport, which allows you to use it with any Live service.

Having used Gmail since it was in beta, I wouldn't advise this. Not sure if Mak0rz has privacy concerns with his/her email and what not, but I am going to transfer all my email at some point out of Gmail because I don't like where they're heading privacy wise. Also, quite likely that Gmail will pester you to register a phone number with your account which I have a lot of issues with. They've pestered me for a phone number for months, I keep x'ing it out. Then my email account got 'compromised' and I had no choice but to associate a phone number with that account, to get it back. I hadn't given that email out anywhere for months and I really couldn't figure out how I supposedly got compromised. The whole thing was fishy as hell and I'm thinking that I need to be done with Gmail and go back to Hotmail/Live/whatever.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Pulp is playing their first concerts in the U.S. in 14 years. They had tickets up for the Warfield in San Francisco. They went on sale a few days ago at 10am. They were sold out by 10:06am, possibly faster. Surely, these were bought by hardcore Pulp fans that wanted to see their favorite band?

Not judging by the hundreds of tickets I see on Stubhub.

Honestly, does the band care? Do they even know that pretty much every single fan who wanted to see them got hosed, and that the money those fans are willing to spend won't go to them at all? Or do they just shrug and figure, that's the problem with tickets, nothing we can do about it, we can't be arsed to do more concerts?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Just create your new live account and associate it with your old Hotmail one. When you do that you still have two addresses, but you only have to login to one and you can just flip back and forth between inboxes.

This seems like the best solution. Thanks.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")

Golbez posted:

Pulp is playing their first concerts in the U.S. in 14 years. They had tickets up for the Warfield in San Francisco. They went on sale a few days ago at 10am. They were sold out by 10:06am, possibly faster. Surely, these were bought by hardcore Pulp fans that wanted to see their favorite band?

Not judging by the hundreds of tickets I see on Stubhub.

Honestly, does the band care? Do they even know that pretty much every single fan who wanted to see them got hosed, and that the money those fans are willing to spend won't go to them at all? Or do they just shrug and figure, that's the problem with tickets, nothing we can do about it, we can't be arsed to do more concerts?

Why does it matter whether it was scalpers who bought all the tickets or die hard fans? The band is gonna see the same amount of money either way. It's not as if their fans were going to pay Ticketmaster more than what they were asking for tickets just because they really, really like the band.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE posted:

Why does it matter whether it was scalpers who bought all the tickets or die hard fans? The band is gonna see the same amount of money either way. It's not as if their fans were going to pay Ticketmaster more than what they were asking for tickets just because they really, really like the band.

The only half-assed answer I can come up with to this is fans will buy merchandise at the show, but maybe less so if they were price-gouged on a scalped ticket?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Ularg posted:

Is there an appropriate place to whore off my YouTube channel for feedback on its content?

Creative Commons maybe?

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE posted:

Right. The band sees the same amount of money, the fans pay more. Which means fans get pissed off, and the band sees less money than they would have if they'd either priced the tickets higher. Do they care about this lost goodwill and money, is my question.

And, weirdly, it wasn't Ticketmaster. I hate to say this, but Ticketmaster would have handled it better than AXS did.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

b0nes posted:

What is the reasoning that companies produce products that are patent pending? Isn't it smarter to patent a product first before you produce it?
It just means they have (or claim to have) applied for a patent. Sometimes it's just bullshit to make the product sound more innovative or unique. In those cases the patent will be denied, but suckers who think "patent == good" will have already bought it. In other cases, it's just a notice that a patent has been filed, which will take precedence over any later patent attempts, and if anyone rips it off the original patent applicant can still sue anyone who violates the pending patent once it is awarded.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

stubblyhead posted:

Creative Commons maybe?

I think you mean Creative Convention. Creative Commons is an organization that makes popular licenses.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I'm interested in learning what it's like to be a woman living in a society that is not as liberal as, say, America's or France's. A country like Iran or Saudi Arabia. I want to see what day-to-day life is like and, in particular, what happens when someboy tries to something unusual (eg study a subject or pursue a hobby that is traditionally male). I'd be especially interested in a book written by a woman who lived in such a society.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

helopticor posted:

I think you mean Creative Convention. Creative Commons is an organization that makes popular licenses.

Yep that's exactly what I meant. I knew that didn't sound quite right.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Two-parter, all regarding online (RSS) news sources. I couldn't find a thread on "where do you read your news" or on "google account interface stuff."

One:
I currently read the "Reuters Top News" RSS feed (edit: it's http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/topNews), and I find that it's pretty good about avoiding stupid celebrity news. The downside that's making me reconsider is that about 30-50% of its headlines are financial news, which I don't care as much about. The non-financial coverage is really great though, and its posting rate (~25/day) is very manageable.
Can anyone recommend a news RSS that is mostly global (a bit of US centrism is okay), avoids stupid crap, and doesn't spend more than 10% of its time on stock/market news?

Two, which might possibly answer one:
I've heard google news is pretty good about letting you customize what you do and don't care to see. Problem is, I like to have gmail in other languages for practice, and that causes google to put google news stories in e.g. spanish, all from spanish sources. It'd be okay if the news interface were in spanish, but I want the news itself to be english. I can't find a preference anywhere to limit the language preference to the interface only. Any tips?

alnilam fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 31, 2012

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Golbez posted:

Right. The band sees the same amount of money, the fans pay more. Which means fans get pissed off, and the band sees less money than they would have if they'd either priced the tickets higher. Do they care about this lost goodwill and money, is my question.

And, weirdly, it wasn't Ticketmaster. I hate to say this, but Ticketmaster would have handled it better than AXS did.

I'm sure they do care, but there's not much they can do. Pearl Jam raged against Ticketmaster in the 90s for poo poo like this, even so far as getting the Justice Department to open an investigation into antitrust issues and they only thing they got was a polite memo saying "no problems here" and an entire tour cancelled.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/miscellaneous/e797/?pfm=homepage_Featured_3_e797

Anyone have any experience with capacitative gloves like this? Was thinking of getting them for a friend's birthday but some of the reviews said they don't keep your hands very warm. Anyone have any other recommendations?

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.
I have a pair of Isotoner gloves and they are the warmest gloves ever. They have a pair that have the special finger tip for touchscreen stuff.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/miscellaneous/e797/?pfm=homepage_Featured_3_e797

Anyone have any experience with capacitative gloves like this? Was thinking of getting them for a friend's birthday but some of the reviews said they don't keep your hands very warm. Anyone have any other recommendations?

If you can do the most basic sewing ever (like, sewing 5 or 6 loops), and can get some special thread, you can make any glove work, apparently:
http://lifehacker.com/5412625/make-any-pair-of-gloves-work-with-a-touchscreen

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Golbez posted:

Didn't LCD Soundsystem buy back a bunch of tickets to their final show and raffle them off to their fan club?

Dr. Video Games 0089
Apr 15, 2004

“Silent Blue - .random.”

Why do people bother censoring license plates in pictures or on Google map?

You can look at people's addresses on Google Map so isn't that more 'dangerous' than someones plates?

Can anyone really do anything with a person's license plate number? Licence plate numbers are everywhere, what does censoring a photo on the internet really do?

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Google might be legally required. I know a lot of countries have pushed back against google's street view and have asked/required them to censor certain things.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

alnilam posted:

Two-parter, all regarding online (RSS) news sources. I couldn't find a thread on "where do you read your news" or on "google account interface stuff."

One:
I currently read the "Reuters Top News" RSS feed (edit: it's http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/topNews), and I find that it's pretty good about avoiding stupid celebrity news. The downside that's making me reconsider is that about 30-50% of its headlines are financial news, which I don't care as much about. The non-financial coverage is really great though, and its posting rate (~25/day) is very manageable.
Can anyone recommend a news RSS that is mostly global (a bit of US centrism is okay), avoids stupid crap, and doesn't spend more than 10% of its time on stock/market news?

Two, which might possibly answer one:
I've heard google news is pretty good about letting you customize what you do and don't care to see. Problem is, I like to have gmail in other languages for practice, and that causes google to put google news stories in e.g. spanish, all from spanish sources. It'd be okay if the news interface were in spanish, but I want the news itself to be english. I can't find a preference anywhere to limit the language preference to the interface only. Any tips?

I like the BBC RSS feed. It does somehow manage to include some sports news I could do without, but it's a good quick summary of what's going on in the world.

Saeku
Sep 22, 2010
I live in a dorm and I have an electric guitar. I'm not very good at all, and even though I practice with no amp, I still think some people might hear me. What's the best time of day for me to practice so that I'll annoy as few people as possible with it?

EDIT: vv Thanks for the advice. I checked with my neighbors and apparently they can't hear it. Problem solved!

Saeku fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 1, 2012

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Best possible answer: Ask your neighbors if there's a certain time they'd prefer you practice.

Probably during the middle of the day though, when most people are out or in class.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Successfully predicted nine of the last five recessions

Can anybody recommend some free store wordpress themes? Google isn't finding much for me, and I figure some of you must use wordpress for ecommerce.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I'm kind of new to exercise, but I need a really, really good, very supportive and durable, pair of women's running shoes.

My feet were both broken (well...a bit crushed) a year ago, and while walking now is fine, I want to take up jogging, and I'm going to need a pair of shoes that supports them. If they're expensive, they'd better be long-lasting too.

Tax return season is coming up and I'm totally unsure of myself when it comes to shopping for this kind of thing! All recommendations are appreciated.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Huntersoninski posted:

I'm kind of new to exercise, but I need a really, really good, very supportive and durable, pair of women's running shoes.

My feet were both broken (well...a bit crushed) a year ago, and while walking now is fine, I want to take up jogging, and I'm going to need a pair of shoes that supports them. If they're expensive, they'd better be long-lasting too.

Tax return season is coming up and I'm totally unsure of myself when it comes to shopping for this kind of thing! All recommendations are appreciated.

Go to a few running/outdoor stores in your area, and spend some time with a knowledgeable salesman trying on several pairs of shoes. Go outside and run/walk in them (or go on a treadmill). It'll probably take a few hours all-told, but you'll get much better shoes when you work with someone in person than any of us here could possibly hope to help you with.

Zotwoz
Apr 2, 2011
A lot of dogs behave oddly around me as I walk by them. Some of them bark at me, some of them keep their distance and growl, and others walk up to me and start sniffing at my shoes until their owners have to leash them in.

I maintain proper hygiene and don't act or dress unusually, so those can't be the issues, and so far as I'm aware, this doesn't happen to anyone else I know. Is there some psychological reason that they do this?

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Why do most Americans seem to hate on New Jersey? More so than other states that is.

As a Brit, I have no real idea what NJ is actually like, but from what I have seen in pictures and descriptions, it seems to be just the same as most other surrounding states. I see it on television pretty often, or used to. One example that sticks out in my mind is one episode of Futurama, where Fry is apartment hunting, and he turns down an apartment because it is simply in NJ. I know that is for comedy and all, but I have seen it a few times now, with little to no explanation given as to why. It makes even less sense when you take into consideration the actual size of NJ, is relatively tiny.

A very stupid question indeed. Maybe not quite a small answer though.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

hooah posted:

Go to a few running/outdoor stores in your area, and spend some time with a knowledgeable salesman trying on several pairs of shoes. Go outside and run/walk in them (or go on a treadmill). It'll probably take a few hours all-told, but you'll get much better shoes when you work with someone in person than any of us here could possibly hope to help you with.

Well I was looking for brand recommendations/features to keep an eye out for. I will be visiting stores hopefully soon (if my ex employer ever sends me my W2)

vv thank you! I will commit these brands and phrases to my memory

Rat Patrol fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 1, 2012

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Huntersoninski posted:

Well I was looking for brand recommendations/features to keep an eye out for. I will be visiting stores hopefully soon (if my ex employer ever sends me my W2)

Anything from Saucony, Aisic, Brooks, and maybe one or two other major brands I'm forgetting all have various levels of pronation control, which since you might have weak ankles would be something to look for.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

Another Person posted:

Why do most Americans seem to hate on New Jersey? More so than other states that is.

I think it's a stupid New York thing that saturates the rest of the US. There's nothing actually wrong with New Jersey.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Another Person posted:

As a Brit, I have no real idea what NJ is actually like, but from what I have seen in pictures and descriptions, it seems to be just the same as most other surrounding states. I see it on television pretty often, or used to. One example that sticks out in my mind is one episode of Futurama, where Fry is apartment hunting, and he turns down an apartment because it is simply in NJ. I know that is for comedy and all, but I have seen it a few times now, with little to no explanation given as to why. It makes even less sense when you take into consideration the actual size of NJ, is relatively tiny.

A very stupid question indeed. Maybe not quite a small answer though.

Not being British I don't quite understand the concept of "chavs." Nevertheless I can assure you that the stereotypes about NJ is that it is absolutely packed with chavs. See also the television programme Jersey Shore.

Oh, and the mob drama The Sopranos "takes place" there.

According to Kevin Smith, noted Jersey local and fat director, most of NJ is pretty bucolic and nice but then you see these (just about put a mean/dumb ethnic slur about Italians here) Gottis and welp:

Mr.Showtime
Oct 22, 2006
I'm not going to say that

Zotwoz posted:

A lot of dogs behave oddly around me as I walk by them. Some of them bark at me, some of them keep their distance and growl, and others walk up to me and start sniffing at my shoes until their owners have to leash them in.

I maintain proper hygiene and don't act or dress unusually, so those can't be the issues, and so far as I'm aware, this doesn't happen to anyone else I know. Is there some psychological reason that they do this?

Its because they are dogs.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

zachol posted:

I think it's a stupid New York thing that saturates the rest of the US. There's nothing actually wrong with New Jersey.

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Not being British I don't quite understand the concept of "chavs." Nevertheless I can assure you that the stereotypes about NJ is that it is absolutely packed with chavs. See also the television programme Jersey Shore.

Oh, and the mob drama The Sopranos "takes place" there.

According to Kevin Smith, noted Jersey local and fat director, most of NJ is pretty bucolic and nice but then you see these (just about put a mean/dumb ethnic slur about Italians here) Gottis and welp:

Thanks for that, so it seems it is entirely a subculture based opinion then, based on no actual fact.

Also, just to clear things up to those who do not know of chavs, 'chav' is just a media descriptor for anyone who lurks around on streets at night with friends, try to look scary and are generally donning a tracksuit or joggers, but less so these days. They are known for always using their phones, listening to mainly charted music and keeping up with the latest sporting trends. Sometimes people hold the opinion that they are forever getting into fights, but this usually turns out to be extreme cases. It is basically a subculture built of people who aren't going for a particular subculture.

One notable facet of chavviness is a sense of patriotism to wherever it is they live, shithole or not. For example, most chavs living in Liverpool will absolutely hate chavs from Manchester, but this only gets displayed when in groups, lending to thoughts that they are all gang things. Drug culture is another perceived thing to be in chav culture, for example, ask many and they will say that chavs are always smoking weed and doing MCAT, or whatever 'plant food' is the rage. These tend to be more fringe examples though, the normative examples do not ever get reported in the news, as there is nothing to really report.

There are many different theories of what the word actually means, none of which really help, but that summary pretty much covers it all. For example, one theory is that is actually an acronym, standing for Council Housed And Violent. But this is just a generalisation, as not all chavs are council housed, and certainly not all chavs are violent. Chav is in actual fact a very loose term. Notice how most of the 'symptoms' of chav can basically be applied to most of everyone you might know?

It is a term mainly used by...
a) The media whenever they want to talk about youths who are causing trouble. There seems to be no code to how they use it past trouble. Synonymous with 'Yob' in this case, another British term, but just for trouble causers. The media in this country is mainly sensationalist trash, with newspapers like the Daily Mail, or The Sun mainly reporting things that could be easily perceived as yellow journalism. Track-suited individual with a long record of crime gets into a fight with another of similar reputation? Obviously, they must be chavs and all chavs must be the same generalised image of each other. Very little research actually goes into our news.

b)Pensioners and other older people who are generally out of touch with the youth and take an aggressive approach to dealing with them. These people generally feel threatened by the youths, despite them not actually causing any trouble. The only time I have ever personally seen a group of chavs get into trouble with these sort of people is when the 'threatened' actually initiate first, usually to tell them to move away from their property or something similar. Happens with my grandparents all the time.

c) Other subcultures, condescendingly. Every other subculture out there, the emo or goths, the hipsterish group, the scene kids, the sports kids, the nerdier kids, the more upper class kids and so on, they all seem to hate the chavs. For no real reason usually. But keep in mind, usually all these groups hate each other too, so what this means is actually very little. Usually chavs gravitate to other chavs, like all social movements tend to do, but it seems chavs seem to flow more easily, can become part of any group they feel they want to. Hell, one friend I have has been a chav all his life and has at some point been in them all.

Notice how most of this seems to be youth culture, and from how I have described it seems to be something that mainly exists in schools? That is because that is what it is, something that tends to happen in schools. It is something that people tend to move on from, usually after they leave school and spend less time with their friends in groups. Chav is basically the Mods and Rockers, the New Wave and New Romantics, the Acid House scene of this generation. They are just the current vogue, and will come and go like all the others have in the past. The Mods and Rockers were scorned in the 1960s for going around in gangs, getting into fights occasionally and doing drugs, and so are chavs. It is no different, it is just a perception of the youth. It gives you an idea of how out of touch society is with itself sometimes.

Sorry for the brick wall, it was just I saw your response to my relatively dumb question and felt I had to make an effort post of similar quality, especially on something that people seem to have such a little idea on the actual meaning of. Thought I would just clear it up to people a bit. Plus, I am totally putting off a massive essay, so it gave me a distraction. :downs:

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Gravity Pike posted:

Thanks!

Isn't it Satoshi Nakamoto?

It's a problem as soon as someone complains, and is exactly as strict as your particular ranger wants it to be. It might be a problem if a ranger just sees you out drinking, or it might be a problem when some mother catches a glimpse of a beer in your cooler and freaks out about her children being exposed to alcohol. (I grew up in Utah. Does this happen anywhere other than Utah? (Utah moms have a stick up their collective rear end.)) The signs state the law to convey the sense that this is the law, rather than it merely being a park rule.

It happens everywhere there are rules like that, in my experience they are basically "don't be an rear end in a top hat" rules/laws that really only get applied when the police need to be called because of alcohol (and dogs).

Of course, if it's a heavily patrolled area it's probably serious business.

Another Person posted:

I think mostly because of NY(NYC)>NJ snobbery. NJ tends to be more poor and "working class". It's the same everywhere to minor/major degrees but you hear about it more because a lot of our media comes from NY to one degree or another.

I'm sure your city has a neighboring one with a reputation for this or that (usually based on "class")

E: Has "Satoshi Nakamoto" ever been identified as anything more than an alias or myth?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

hooah posted:

Anything from Saucony, Aisic, Brooks, and maybe one or two other major brands I'm forgetting all have various levels of pronation control, which since you might have weak ankles would be something to look for.

My parents are both long-time distance runners and swear by New Balance. My dad likes Saucony as well; not sure what their women's selection is like. Best in mind that a lot of stores won't let you return shoes that have been worn outside, so be aware of the return policy before you buy.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Zotwoz posted:

Are you afraid of dogs?

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.

Gravity Pike posted:

It's a problem as soon as someone complains, and is exactly as strict as your particular ranger wants it to be. It might be a problem if a ranger just sees you out drinking, or it might be a problem when some mother catches a glimpse of a beer in your cooler and freaks out about her children being exposed to alcohol. (I grew up in Utah. Does this happen anywhere other than Utah? (Utah moms have a stick up their collective rear end.)) The signs state the law to convey the sense that this is the law, rather than it merely being a park rule.

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

It happens everywhere there are rules like that, in my experience they are basically "don't be an rear end in a top hat" rules/laws that really only get applied when the police need to be called because of alcohol (and dogs).

Of course, if it's a heavily patrolled area it's probably serious business.

Thanks guys, that's what I was figuring.

Zotwoz
Apr 2, 2011

randyest posted:

Are you afraid of dogs?

I'm fine with them, it's just that it's only dogs that react strangely, not cats or birds or any other animals. It's weird and I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm exuding some malevolent spiritual aura that can only be detected by dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Zotwoz posted:

I'm fine with them, it's just that it's only dogs that react strangely, not cats or birds or any other animals. It's weird
I have the opposite effect, dogs love me for no reason. They all gather round me when I meet them, it's like Francis of Assisi. Babies too. Perhaps you and I are the manifestations of Pure Good and Pure Evil and are destined to wage war for eternity?