Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Haha, I think Hussie just burned the people who treat MLP like it's a work of art with this update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ben Stiller is dead, and somehow adult Dave is responsible. I like Universe B2 more and more.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's OK, he lives on in bust form.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
He's a bro and he's a big fan of that pony. I am quite sure there is absolutely no other way to convey that particular state of being.

RIP Ben

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

It's OK, he lives on in bust form.

Wasn't the Stiller bust destroyed though? :ohdear:

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I like to think that Stiller and Wilson were part of Alpha Dave's entourage, and were around when the Batterwitch's assassins came for him. They went down fighting as a team when poo poo got real. :unsmith:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

closeted republican posted:

Haha, I think Hussie just burned the people who treat MLP like it's a work of art with this update.

There are people who treat My Little Pony as a work of art?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

pumpinglemma posted:

There are. It shouldn't be a surprise, since MLP tends to attract a lot of misfit, pseudo-intellectual teenage guys.

IIRC the TVTropes thread has a hilariously lovely chart someone made that showed how smart MLPs fans were or something like that. It's way back though, and I can't find it ATM.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

pumpinglemma posted:

MLP, the recent show? Where the gently caress have you been :v:

The franchise as a whole? No, not really. At least I hope not.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think Dave may have ...arranged for Ben Stiller's death to earn the right to his sunglasses.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

YggiDee posted:

I think Dave may have ...arranged for Ben Stiller's death to earn the right to his sunglasses.

B2 Dave is the real villain of the series of this turns out to be true.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Did he do that? I'm not so sure this is the case.

At this point, it feels pretty trite to take a militant stance against MLP and the bizarre fanbase it has accumulated.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Edit: eh, let's not derail on this.

FebrezeNinja fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 1, 2012

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Did he do that? I'm not so sure this is the case.

At this point, it feels pretty trite to take a militant stance against MLP and the bizarre fanbase it has accumulated.

At this point, I think bashing MLP fans is pretty much the 2012 version of bashing furries. Basically, it's an easy target to get worked up over because of how bizarre and cliquey they are. Give it a few years and MLP fans will either grow up and get out of it, become furries themselves, or be arrested for molesting children. :v:

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 1, 2012

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Edit: This post contributed nothing.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

B2 Dave is the real villain of the series of this turns out to be true.

This entire Lord English thing is just an elaborate hoax, With Beta universe Bro's help. You see, Bro is the one who controls the Doc Scratch and Lord English puppets, and Dave provides the Time powers. Space powers are provided by GCat, who's doing it because it's a dick.

He really does eat universes though. You know, ironically.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aww, he's a :ranbowdash: fan.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

SynthOrange posted:

Aww, he's a :ranbowdash: fan.

Character flaw detected. Everyone knows Twilight Sparkle is best pony.

I'm sensing this is a fairly unironic pony appreciation on Dirk's part, if only because it's more effective trolling on Hussie's part for this to be an honest element of the character rather than another affected tactic of Dirk's.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It would make a lot of sense for a Prince of Heart to be more sincere than he lets on.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
Now that Dirk officially unironically likes a pony, I imagine a bunch of people losing their poo poo over a character from a webcomic liking a show about cartoon horses. Which is hilarious.

Also, I imagine the RIP Stiller means that Stiller's career is dead due to Dave's movie, but whatever I'm probably wrong.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Ice_Mallet posted:

Also, I imagine the RIP Stiller means that Stiller's career is dead due to Dave's movie, but whatever I'm probably wrong.

That couldn't be it. Who would mourn for a career that achieved apotheosis? The SBaHJ movie was a cinematic tour de force and represented the culmination not just to the film industry, but human artistic endeavors as a whole. Nah man, Stiller's six feet under. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to pour out a forty for a fallen brother.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Dolash posted:

Character flaw detected. Everyone knows Twilight Sparkle is best pony.

I'm sensing this is a fairly unironic pony appreciation on Dirk's part, if only because it's more effective trolling on Hussie's part for this to be an honest element of the character rather than another affected tactic of Dirk's.

I really imagine this isn't a "Troll", honestly, and that it's merely an honest facet of the character that Hussie would establish and defend, much like he did with Equius' love of art involving gigantic horse penises.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The Batterwitch is officially the most odious villain ever.

She had Donald Glover assassinated. This will not stand.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Donald noooo :negative:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Vaah posted:

Donald noooo :negative:

The Batterwitch is clearly the main antagonist. :argh:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
First Stiller, now Glover? Truly B2 is a dark and depressing alternative/new universe.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This is the darkest timeline.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
What's that red box in Dirk's room? :confused:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Assassinating Donald Glover was a step too loving far. Burn her. Burn the Batterwitch.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Not to worry, Danny Pudi will avenge his death

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is Owen Wilson okay?

Is Luke Wilson safe?

Is anything sacred?

:ohdear:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Pastrymancy posted:

I'd guess a Crocker brand sendificator as a counterpart to Roxy's appearifier. Also explains how he was able to send the robot to Jake.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Pastrymancy posted:

I think that's his Sendificator.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

ahahahah Dirk has a SORD

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Nate RFB posted:

This is the darkest timeline.

I guess Donald Glover didn't really understand how to defeat Trolls. :smith:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Pastrymancy posted:

It has that triangly-fractaly thing pattern on it so yeah, like has been said, a Crocker Brand sendificatorTM.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Prison Warden posted:

It has that triangly-fractaly thing pattern on it so yeah, like has been said, a Crocker Brand sendificatorTM.

Makes sense. He had to send Jake his robot somehow.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codpiece#In_film.2C_electronic_media_and_modern_literature

Someone added Gamzee to the list of people in fiction with codpieces. Burn the world.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codpiece#In_film.2C_electronic_media_and_modern_literature

Someone added Gamzee to the list of people in fiction with codpieces. Burn the world.

...Yet no reference to Bard Quest. :argh:

EDIT: It is indeed a sendificator.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

At this point, I think bashing MLP fans is pretty much the 2012 version of bashing furries. Basically, it's an easy target to get worked up over because of how bizarre and cliquey they are. Give it a few years and MLP fans will either grow up and get out of it, become furries themselves, or be arrested for molesting children. :v:
Hey, hey, an MSPA fan has no grounds to deride other groups on how bizarre and cliquey other groups are. :negative:
Plus my interest is purely professional and clinical good sir. As an animator and background artist for children's media, it is my professional opinion that the new My Little Pony animated televised series is OH GOD SO PRETTY.