Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

quote:

When you're through with English, he will be a ruthless killing machine.

Dirk what are you doing. Making a man a heartless killing machine is no way to express your love for him. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

closeted republican posted:

Dirk what are you doing. Making a man a heartless killing machine is no way to express your love for him. :smith:

It's basically how he showed his love for Dave back in the Pre-Scratch universe

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
For some reason, the mention that the Sendificator just barely fit Brobot's head makes me worry that Dirk is going to be decapitated and have his head send to places. And because of that I checked and realized that both Li'l Sebastian and Brobot have removed the heads from things. But that can't actually be a sign, right?

Pozzo
Nov 4, 2009

What is like posting in a thread?
A Ballista, that's what!
This whole ">operate X object" "That's not an X, it's a ZXXZZZXX!" pretence with the user commands is beginning to irritate me. Primarily because he's not accepting "user commands" anymore so it is all pointlessly made up by Hussie himself for badly written exposition.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Why do I have a wary suspicion that Jake might kill Dirk? :ohdear:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Pozzo posted:

This whole ">operate X object" "That's not an X, it's a ZXXZZZXX!" pretence with the user commands is beginning to irritate me. Primarily because he's not accepting "user commands" anymore so it is all pointlessly made up by Hussie himself for badly written exposition.

Might as well not break the precedent and adventure game feel.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Some highlights from today's Goonstuck:

quote:

NOLISTENTOME: Luke: You pop a squat and see that in your hands is a...
NOLISTENTOME: Luke: Goddammit you thought you threw out this lovely Star Trek fanfiction ages ago.
NOLISTENTOME: Luke: You don't even know where you got it, it just showed up one day. The grammatical errors and plot holes if compiled in a single text could probably kill someone's grandmother.
[Goonstuck]: ("divineDivider") Throw out lovely fanfiction, but not before reading the opening paragraph one last time
NOLISTENTOME: Luke: Well, memories are memories, and you decide to leave it with hopefully a memorable one.
NOLISTENTOME: "Oh Chakotay, I love you so."
"I love you too, Tom."
"You know what would make our love complete?"
"Babies."
"Yes, babies. I want to have your babies, Chakotay."
"I want you to have my babies, Tom."
NOLISTENTOME: Luke: That's enough of that.

quote:

NOLISTENTOME: Luke: You decide to peruse your shelves again, this time with your eyes open, and pick out a classic: Dune. Every day you open palm slam a book into your eyes. It's Dune and right then and there you imagine yourself doing everything alongside the main character, Paul Atreides. Not everyone can say they used to live on the galaxy's biggest wasteland, but can say it, although you don't actually say it to anyone else. You know all the lines yourself and have prepared for a lonely future life by shouting them all in your mind as loud as you can.

On actual Homestuck chat, I think Dirk has the densest room in the comic so far. I don't think we've looked at so many THINGS that apparently matter when the other rooms were shown.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Donald Glover is one beautiful dude and Betty Crocker is a fearsome and terrible villain.

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

Looks like Childish Gambino won't be doing any robot rap battles, then? :(

cranky pomme
Dec 30, 2008

Ahh! Here he comes!
Those buff horses are terrifying.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Between how awesome Sawtooth and Squarewave seem and the cascade of MLP and furry pics I am experiencing some serious whiplash.

Dirk just might be... too ironic for me to handle.

closeted republican posted:

There are. It shouldn't be a surprise, since MLP tends to attract a lot of misfit, pseudo-intellectual teenage guys.

IIRC the TVTropes thread has a hilariously lovely chart someone made that showed how smart MLPs fans were or something like that. It's way back though, and I can't find it ATM.
I am always happy for an opportunity to repost that chart (because it is deeply moving and beautiful)

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 1, 2012

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Morganman posted:

Looks like Childish Gambino won't be doing any robot rap battles, then? :(

Dirk can always program a robot to rap like Gambino/Glover does. :unsmith:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dear Music Team:

Please get Tyler the Creator to rap on a song, as Sawtooth.

Thanks.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
what the gently caress, condesce. she whacks Stiller and Glover, yet Fieri walks the earth alive and unmolested. pretty sure he should've gotten the axe too, if only out of general principle.

Oh poo poo, what's the status on Nic Cage? surely she wouldn't sink that low :ohdear:

e:

Sockser posted:

Dear Music Team:

Please get Tyler the Creator to rap on a song, as Sawtooth.

Thanks.
I think you mean sober Gamzee.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Feb 1, 2012

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Between how awesome Sawtooth and Squarewave seem and the cascade of MLP and furry pics I am experiencing some serious whiplash.

Dirk just might be... too ironic for me to handle.

I am always happy for an opportunity to repost that chart (because it is deeply moving and beautiful)

Oh god what did I just read.

I love how their description of "intelligent" is that it references icarus... once.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmfJ02MvCbU

If anybody asks, I don't read Homestuck, ok?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I hate people who like Homestuck.

It's like I can't even say *bunp* without feeling like a weirdo anymore.

vvvvv thanks, now I feel double-gross vvvvv

Sockser fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Feb 1, 2012

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
This is apparently a thing fans do.

Ex: Retsupurae-ish video titled "Yowie wowie!" featuring two girls as Naruto and Sasuke playing out their lovely fanfic.

Factory Factory fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 1, 2012

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Factory Factory posted:

This is apparently a thing fans do.

Ex: Retsupurae-ish video titled "Yowie wowie!" featuring two girls as Naruto and Sasuke playing out their lovely fanfic.

Yeah, saying "This fandom is horrible and lovely" is one word too many.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Mr. Pumroy posted:

What the gently caress is this? Did someone honestly make this without irony? How is someone "literally getting on a soapbox" intelligent writing such as you never see in other less mature children's shows? There does not exist enough alcohol in the world for me to feel better after reading that.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

:gonk:.avi

If anybody asks, I don't read Homestuck, ok?

Why?

WHY?

I don't like this game anymore!

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

ActionZero posted:

There does not exist enough alcohol in the world for me to feel better after reading that.

Try Faygo.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

What.

It's just ponies. Not great, but not that bad either. What's the big deal?

We all need to settle down here.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

ActionZero posted:

What the gently caress is this? Did someone honestly make this without irony? How is someone "literally getting on a soapbox" intelligent writing such as you never see in other less mature children's shows? There does not exist enough alcohol in the world for me to feel better after reading that.

All I can think of when I try to read that thing is that it would be example 1 in The Big Book of How Not To Do Research Studies in any experimental design class. The person who made that definitely doesn't have a relevant degree (that's right in the DA description), and is self-evidently not a skilled amateur.

As such, that entire graphic is comprehensive poo poo tied to reality only by the author's grasp thereon.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Paul.Power posted:

What.

It's just ponies. Not great, but not that bad either. What's the big deal?

We all need to settle down here.

Nobody said a thing about ponies.

It's people you've got to watch out for.

[if there was a cross between :tinfoil: and :barf: it would totally go here]

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Nobody said a thing about ponies.

It's people you've got to watch out for.

[if there was a cross between :tinfoil: and :barf: it would totally go here]
For what it's worth, I know a few MLP fans on Skype. They're pretty okay. I probably talk to them about Homestuck as much as they talk to me about MLP, so it balances out in a series of mutually uncomprehending eye rolls. Probably helps that we're all goons. You're going to see mad fringe stuff in any fandom, especially large ones, and especially those with a defensive mindset.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Feb 1, 2012

JamJars
Aug 2, 2004

you cannot beat me
Just like this fandom.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Stop talking about ponies.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The Batterwitch may have gotten to Stiller & Glover, but I will not believe there is a force on this or any other planet that can harm Nic Cage.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
I'm a bit concerned about the last line in today's latest update. "When you're through with English, he will be a ruthless killing machine. Mark your words." I know it's talking about Jake, but I can't help but feel that it's hinting at lord english...

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
Dirk is best buds with Cal, and Cal just keeps getting more and more mysterious... :tinfoil:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Rooreelooo posted:

I'm a bit concerned about the last line in today's latest update. "When you're through with English, he will be a ruthless killing machine. Mark your words." I know it's talking about Jake, but I can't help but feel that it's hinting at lord english...

I'm really wondering how he got the name English. Did Alpha Jade get married to a guy named English? Or did Sassacre have a dog named, like, Engish or something? Maybe he somehow got his last name by some idiot who couldn't pronounce Frigglish.

Wait. Sassacre. It has EIGHT letters. Just like the titles of all the troll ancestors. My god, it all makes sense now.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Rooreelooo posted:

Act 6 is the Lord English origin story, calling it now.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Seoinin posted:

what the gently caress, condesce. she whacks Stiller and Glover, yet Fieri walks the earth alive and unmolested. pretty sure he should've gotten the axe too, if only out of general principle.

Oh poo poo, what's the status on Nic Cage? surely she wouldn't sink that low :ohdear:

This, more than anything else presented so far, establishes just how hosed up things are in the post-scratch universe.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Jake's last name is probably going to mean nothing in the long run, it being an eternal tease by the infamous Huss Man.

Also I decided to compile all of my submissions into one post so here it is:

And the third one is on my Tumblr here, I didn't upload it to Tindeck because it was only minor changes from the one I DID upload but that's the one going in.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
At this point, I no longer think that Andrew is trolling us but pandering to his fans.

Sorry guys, it's been a fun ride but I'm done with this for good now. Enjoy your inevitable canon crossover with MLP.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Luckyellow posted:

At this point, I no longer think that Andrew is trolling us but pandering to his fans.

Sorry guys, it's been a fun ride but I'm done with this for good now. Enjoy your inevitable canon crossover with MLP.

'leaving and never coming back', hmm?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Characters in Homestuck have been obsessed with fictional media characters and celebrities literally since John was introduced, but the minute one of those characters is a cartoon pony all hell will break loose because ________.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Rooreelooo posted:

Most likely it is. I wouldn't be shocked if Dirk was Responsible for LE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The practice predates Homestuck. Though this is unique in that it's become popular since Homestuck began, unlike the others.

Being aware of a community of readers is one of the very gratifying things about MSPA, I think. So I say, bless you, Luckyellow, and all readers like you, who fall for things like this.