Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Wambach made that look easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Megan Rapinoe is naughty.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Morgan is beautiful in so many ways

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Alex Morgan: "I've got an empty net in the box but I'm pointed the wrong way and there are three defenders around me...I GIVE NO FUCKS ABOUT THIS!"

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Alex Morgan :allears:

Conartist
Aug 15, 2004
She had nice control on the ball when that defender went to ground after getting by the keeper. Can't imagine a US men's forward who could do that successfully.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Would've been jettisoned 30 feet over the goal

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Conartist posted:

She had nice control on the ball when that defender went to ground after getting by the keeper. Can't imagine a US men's forward who could do that successfully.

I'm sorry, are you not familiar with Chris Wondolowski... Hahahahahahaha. I'm sorry.

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.

Conartist posted:

I think that actually our worst forward, or even like a guy who retired 10 years ago, would better than anyone playing right now

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Klinsmann should poach Morgan for future US men's matches.

Conartist
Aug 15, 2004

TomSellek posted:

I think that actually our worst forward, or even like a guy who retired 10 years ago, would better than anyone playing right now
If USMNT World Cup Forward Robbie Findley could score a goal for the national team you'd have a much stronger point. Though if he was playing against these defenders he could be on fire.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

e: lol wrong thread gently caress

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.
The words "Babe who is Clay Goodson, he plays soccer and is American" came from my living room just now. Apparently USMNT DF Clarence "Clay" Goodson is on some House Hunting show. The curiosity is killing me.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

http://www.hgtv.com/house-hunters-international/soccer-transfer-to-copenhagen-denmark/index.html

Clay Goodson.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Worlds are colliding so loving hard right now.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Huh, wonder what Bob Bradley's up to http://yfrog.com/h84b7ozj

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Can't remember if this ever came up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QzzxUs2WZo

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug

Hoover Dam posted:

Huh, wonder what Bob Bradley's up to http://yfrog.com/h84b7ozj

lol what happened to his accent.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005
June 3 USMNT vs Canada at BMO Field, wheeee.

Probably not worth a roadtrip from DC unless a flight would be fairly cheap (chances of that are approximately zero), but interesting.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Hey, CONCACAF, announce the WCQ sites already you lazy, corrupt fucks

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Trying to figure out the best travel plan for the summer, I think I'll hit the three friendlies and hope the Antigua and Barbuda is in Houston. It would make sense with the new stadium opening there and all.

I'll probably have to skip Guatemala as much as I would love to go. Maybe skip Guatemala and start saving immediately for a Jamaica home/away trip in September.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Hooray the CSA is celebrating its birthday with a sound defeat to the Americans

Can't wait bro

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005

The SARS Volta posted:

Hey, CONCACAF, announce the WCQ sites already you lazy, corrupt fucks

There's some level of CONCACAF rubberstamping involved, I'm sure, but that's entirely lazy-rear end US Soccer's bailiwick. Canada's already announced theirs (Toronto/Toronto/Toronto, shocker).

It'd be surprising if the Jamaica game on 9/11 wasn't in New York, mostly because it'll draw big numbers but the whole date thing as well.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_CONCACAF_Third_Round

I suppose it is up to the individual countries then, huh. Granted, Panama and Honduras play nearly, if not all of the home matches in the same stadiums.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005

The SARS Volta posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_CONCACAF_Third_Round

I suppose it is up to the individual countries then, huh. Granted, Panama and Honduras play nearly, if not all of the home matches in the same stadiums.

Yeah, and most of the countries/territories in CONCACAF only have one stadium that meets FIFA standards, if any.

Looking forward to catching the game here in October.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

More importantly, Michael Ian Black and John Hodgman making fun of Clay Goodson.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

quote:

Rumor has it that the US v Scotland game could be in Jacksonville, according to a source at the Jaguars front office

Makes sense as the weather will be the same what they will see in Guatemala. I'm thinking the Antigua and Barbuda game will be in Miami or somewhere close by although still hoping for Houston.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Big Jozy Altidore with a brace within three minutes today, apparently.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

Brazil at US confirmed for FedEx Field on May 30.

WNT gonna play in Japan first week of April.

And since everyone loves Alex Morgan

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

:patriot::patriot::patriot:

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.

Hoover Dam posted:

Brazil at US confirmed for FedEx Field on May 30.

WNT gonna play in Japan first week of April.

And since everyone loves Alex Morgan

I love how they photoshop her to look like an early VGA trailer for a game, but leave Al Michaels as a rotting corpse.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

msj817 posted:

I love how they photoshop her to look like an early VGA trailer for a game, but leave Al Michaels as a rotting corpse.

She really does not look all that much like herself in that picture.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Good lord fans are stupid about what makes up good announcing

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Duece didn't get credit for this one on the scoresheet but loving hell, buddy

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is it forbidden to complain about the rules of football? I just don't see why players don't get credited for scoring in that situation. Does he at least get an assist?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
A friend asked me the other night if there was any sports star who could be considered "America's sweetheart"

I told him Alex Morgan.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

The SARS Volta posted:

Duece didn't get credit for this one on the scoresheet but loving hell, buddy

I thought the rule was that if a shot bounced off the woodwork, off the goalkeeper, and into the net, it was credited to the shooter? Like this play from this past MLS season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cKQcs1k1_0&t=50

That was originally ruled an own goal on Mondragon, then changed to a goal for Richards. This would seem to be essentially the same situation, correct?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
If the ball is not going to go in the net without the intervention of the defender, the goal is deemed an own goal. Had Sorensen totally mistimed his jump or not even jumped at all, it wouldn't have been a goal and the ball would have ricochetted into the box or something. So Sorensen gets credit for being unlucky and Dempsey has to be content that his team won the game. Oh, well.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
lol i do not think that goal actually went in in the lady game, but saves us the embarrassment of losing to freakin new zealand

e: that one did, loving love alex morgan :smug:

Reek fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conartist
Aug 15, 2004

Reek posted:

lol i do not think that goal actually went in in the lady game, but saves us the embarrassment of losing to freakin new zealand

also this official stream is horrible

e: that one did :smug:
Hard to believe this stream is coming from within the US out of a major league stadium.

• Locked thread