Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Now that we've learned Simon Cowell fired hosts Steve, Paula, and Nicole from X-Factor, I'm starting to think that call to Howard a week or two ago was Simon actually begging Howard to be a judge on X-Factor and bail on AGT.

I don't know, just a thought.

It's possible but I doubt Simon or Howard would want to play second fiddle to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
That would be hilarious actually if Howard ran out on them, or did the first live show and just stood up and said "Well, this show sucks, come watch me on X-Factor" and left.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

AxeManiac posted:

That would be hilarious actually if Howard ran out on them, or did the first live show and just stood up and said "Well, this show sucks, come watch me on X-Factor" and left.

That would be entertaining, if only for the legal shitstorm that would ensue.

Mike Tahoe
May 21, 2007

He knows what it means.
X-Factor and America's Got Talent are both Simon Cowell shows.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Mike Tahoe posted:

even better, another siris XM cross over lawsuit!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Mike Tahoe posted:

He has an interest in AI too, right?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Kelly posted:

He has an interest in AI too, right?

Pretty sure AI is just the American version of x factor. Simon licensed it to Fox

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

American Idol is our version of Britain's Pop Idol.

Simon Cowell is the creator of X-Factor and American's Got Talent, but was only a hired judge on the Idol shows, which were created by Simon Fuller.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
The echo during phone calls on Nick And Artie this week have been driving me crazy. It sucks because they've had some good comedians on the phone.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
JD needs to be on the show every day.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Hearing that Artie was basically trolling people during the media day was the best thing

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Hearing that Artie was basically trolling people during the media day was the best thing

why what happened, I didn't hear about this.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

chiz posted:

Apparently he pissed Bill Belichick off

quote:

Also futilely attempting to bring out the coach’s sense of humor was Artie Lange, the former Howard Stern sidekick who now has a Direct TV sports talk show with fellow comedian Nick DiPaolo.

Trying to get a straight answer out of Lange proved harder than finding Chad Ochocinco in a box score. Lange said he “pissed off” Belichick by introducing himself as Pam Oliver.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/01/31/bill-belichick-will-not-humor-you-on-media-day/

Nick mentioned that he was doing other poo poo and possibly shadow puppets. It's in the the first part of Tuesday's show, I haven't been able to listen to the rest.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Shes Not Impressed posted:

He was pretty aggressive with that one guest on Monday's show, too.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I cracked up so hard when Artie was telling his story about going onto Yankee field and meeting John Sterling (off of 'Jack and Coke').

"I won a Suzyn Waldman lookalike contest."

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

chiz posted:

On media day he went around interviewing people as various characters.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I haven't listened in the past three weeks or so. Can I assume I didn't miss anything?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Hahaha loving Artie

He would be even funnier on TV if they aired the show

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Smeep posted:

I haven't listened in the past three weeks or so. Can I assume I didn't miss anything?

Robin wants to "stop emasculating" men. Roger Waters interview where Howard wanted to peg Roger against all the other bandmates like it was still 1987, and Howard saying how much he loved Animals yet couldn't remember any songs from it. America's Got Talent ad infinitum.

so, no.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Smeep posted:

Howard or Nick&Artie?

Also I must admit, I laugh out loud every single time Artie goes "Nick, your thoughts." or to anyone.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

AltronHGX posted:

Howard or Nick&Artie?

Also I must admit, I laugh out loud every single time Artie goes "Nick, your thoughts." or to anyone.

I haven't listened to any of the Nick & Artie stuff. Is that on Sirius?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Smeep posted:

Everything archived and live shows here: http://nickandartie.com/

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

And if that's not convenient enough, if you have an ipod or Zune all their shows get uploaded as a podcast for free on the Zune Marketplace/iTunes. That's what I do at work.

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

Daryl DBD posted:

The echo during phone calls on Nick And Artie this week have been driving me crazy. It sucks because they've had some good comedians on the phone.

I'm listing to the 1-31-12 show and It's driving me crazy too. The phone is so bad it reminds me of the ETM American Idol show. I wish that little midget would call in and bust Artie's balls about it.

Craig Gass was on live and it was pretty funny to hear Artie and Nick make fun of him. He was pretty awful. I see why Stern had writers for him. He was doing his impressions and telling jokes, but the jokes sounded like they came from the Jokemaster Jr CD.

The Louis CK call is pretty funny.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Howard's looking good on Letterman.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Smeep posted:

It's a very entertaining show. Nick is funny, though he may make you want to puke sometimes with his incredibly nebulous grasp of politics. Artie's been nothing but funny, and he's got a much shorter leash than he was on the Stern Show. I've been enjoying the hell out of the show since day one. It makes me miss Stern a lot less.

http://www.nickandartie.com

They've got the whole run on mp3 right now, but it ain't exactly episodic, so you'll be alright just going back a couple weeks.

e: Should we have a seperate Nick and Artie thread, or should we have any chat about it fester in the corpse of the old Stern thread?

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 2, 2012

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Smeep posted:

That depends. Are you a whore for reality television like what Howard must assume 99% of his audience is? If so, you've missed a tremendous amount.

DangerDummy! posted:

e: Should we have a seperate Nick and Artie thread, or should we have any chat about it fester in the corpse of the old Stern thread?

I don't think it needs its own at this point.

Stern show thread, your thoughts?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Sand Monster posted:

If it had it's own, this thread would die. So do it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Last night was the first time in history that I audibly groaned when I sat down to watch Letterman and saw that Stern was going to be on. I watched the Top 10 and went to bed.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Sand Monster posted:

That depends. Are you a whore for reality television like what Howard must assume 99% of his audience is? If so, you've missed a tremendous amount.

I don't see a point to it. Anybody who's an Artie and Nick fan was a Stern fan at one point and probably wants to know if anything funny ever happens on Stern. Anybody who is a Stern fan cares about what Artie is doing and wants to know if Artie says anything funny.

I doubt anyone wants to have to read two separate threads when the one thread works fine.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I don't see a point to it. Anybody who's an Artie and Nick fan was a Stern fan at one point and probably wants to know if anything funny ever happens on Stern. Anybody who is a Stern fan cares about what Artie is doing and wants to know if Artie says anything funny.

I doubt anyone wants to have to read two separate threads when the one thread works fine.

These are my thoughts but perhaps we can modify the thread title to include the Nick and Artie show??

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

MrMidnight posted:

These are my thoughts but perhaps we can modify the thread title to include the Nick and Artie show??

Can we fix the grammar in the title too? It kills me to look at it.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I don't like how some people call into Nick and Artie and start casually talking about the Wack Pack, or other Stern show related things.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

Hey, now, Howard invented reality tv, don't you know that?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I vote to keep the N&A discussion in this thread.

Like someone else said I know if there was a new thread I'd never look at this one again. Even though I haven't listened in the 2 years (jesus) since Artie left, I read this loving thread every single day I just can't let go yet. I'm not ready :ohdear:

Also, Artie's sure been a prolific with the bits lately. First him having Dan make that audio reel of Boston teams losing to troll Nick, then that song parody last week and then writing those two skits with the security guard on the spot last night.

It's nice. :unsmith:

edit: god drat I kind of want to call in just to say all that and go "so what have you creatively contributed, nick?"

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

HOW'S THAT GUM?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

AltronHGX posted:

edit: god drat I kind of want to call in just to say all that and go "so what have you creatively contributed, nick?"

At least call him Rick if you do that.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, keep it all in this thread. Two low-content shows combine to create one, almost-thread-worthy subject.

Which will happen first?
1) Howard is fired from AGT
2) AGT is cancelled

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah, keep it all in this thread. Two low-content shows combine to create one, almost-thread-worthy subject.

Which will happen first?
1) Howard is fired from AGT
2) AGT is cancelled

I predict this will be the last season of this stupid show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Does anyone know if they posted the sound byte contest entries anywhere to listen to? Some of them actually sounded pretty catchy, particularly the one that won.