Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

so far 9 different episodes have been named out of 28 so I'd say it's safe to try it out. I really like it, but the shtick of being SO over the top with how they talk about the show gets old after a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

poo poo was that entirely Paul F. Tompkins?

I thought that was going to be the gimmick when Cake Boss and them were on the show but it's crazy that they actually went through with it.

goldblums eyes posted:

so far 9 different episodes have been named out of 28 so I'd say it's safe to try it out. I really like it, but the shtick of being SO over the top with how they talk about the show gets old after a while.

Yeah I got annoyed when I realized every podcast was "This was SO BAD" "I KNOW" "YEAH"

Although apparently the episode where they actually got the Crank director to come talk about Crank is supposed to be good.

Also I don't like how those prologues ruin my podcast syncing :I

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
And don't forget that HDTGM is not just about bad movies. It's about ridiculously amazing movies that are so ridiculous it's amazing they get made. Definitely listen to the Punisher: War Zone episode, as it's definitely the best of that class.

And also, definitely watch Punisher: War Zone, it's loving amazing.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Samm finally finished that assignment. New ep out today #nohobo

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 31, 2012

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Eltoasto posted:

Samm finally finished that assignment. New ep out today #nohobo

It's a pretty great ep too.

Honestly I find a lot of the recent freebie DLM episodes better than the pay-for boner eps. It's mainly why I have such a hard time nailing down a review for the paid eps.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I would pay at least :10bux: for an hour of Chris Hardwick improvising in front of that crowd.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 31, 2012

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis
Greg Proops! I'm all over this, his podcast is awesome.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
That was a fantastic DLM. One of the best I've heard.

Lesson: sometimes the show can drag on and go long and get out of hand and it's okay, if the guests are funny and interesting. #debokeefe

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

#nohobo

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm 10 minutes in, Chris Hardwick already sang twice

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I would pay at least :10bux: for an hour of Chris Hardwick improvising in front of that crowd.

I would pay :10bux: to remove Hardwick from that episode. I have had my fill of his pandering.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
That was a really good episode. Really good.

You know it's awesome due to the immediate making GBS threads on Episode 1.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Listening to the Paul F Tompkins/Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber/Garry Marshall episode right now. This is spectacular. ALW getting (dare I say it) catty with Garry's and Doug's ramblings is some of the funniest poo poo I've heard on this podcast. PFT needs to do more live interplay with his characters.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

Majorian posted:

Listening to the Paul F Tompkins/Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber/Garry Marshall episode right now. This is spectacular. ALW getting (dare I say it) catty with Garry's and Doug's ramblings is some of the funniest poo poo I've heard on this podcast. PFT needs to do more live interplay with his characters.

What's so amazing about that is that PFT was able to internally keep track of being three parts of a four-way conversation, AND keep the audience entertained and involved.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Golbez posted:

What's so amazing about that is that PFT was able to internally keep track of being three parts of a four-way conversation, AND keep the audience entertained and involved.

Yeah, that really impressed me too.

Pretty sure the F stands for Paul loving Tompkins, that's how amazing that guy is.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I forgot if it was on Sklarbro or Who Charted or something else, but he claimed the "F" is for an embarrassing old family name - "Fascism." I thought that was pretty funny.:keke:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

FitFortDanga posted:

#nohobo

Thought for sure that when they brought up The Voice someone would say #NoCeeLo

Really liked the episode. Nice atmosphere, Doug seemed excited and attentive and I like that Samm was there to keep track of the game.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Majorian posted:

I forgot if it was on Sklarbro or Who Charted or something else, but he claimed the "F" is for an embarrassing old family name - "Fascism." I thought that was pretty funny.:keke:

This ep should answer that question. :)

Or for those who actually don't get it, it's Francis

Urk! fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 1, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Maarak posted:

I would pay :10bux: to remove Hardwick from that episode. I have had my fill of his pandering.
I usually get sick of Hardwick trying too hard, but hearing him bomb and lash out was great.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Graham Elwood sounds so much like Paul Gilmartin it's eerie.

Pet peeve: when you can tell who's going to win LMG by how much time is left in the episode. I guess the solution to that is to not look at your iPod when you're listening.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

FitFortDanga posted:

Pet peeve: when you can tell who's going to win LMG by how much time is left in the episode. I guess the solution to that is to not look at your iPod when you're listening.

Hah! I do the exact same thing. It's so infuriating when I know the episode is short and someone I'm not rooting for wins the first point :argh:

Today's ep is a semi-final Tourney of Championships, for those that don't know.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 3, 2012

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
They're way off on The Grey FYI, but it's understandable given that it was marketed as Taken with wolves.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I'm really disappointed that the most boring goddamned person of the three won.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

FitFortDanga posted:

Graham Elwood sounds so much like Paul Gilmartin it's eerie.

I learned this lesson by not looking at a clock when watching poker and someone was all-in. If they went all in at :58, it's pretty obvious they're going to lose.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Riptor posted:

I'm really disappointed that the most boring goddamned person of the three won.

couldn't agree more

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

FitFortDanga posted:

I never considered this benefit to owning a shuffle.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Do you just tweet Doug to suggest categories? I like "Boxing Day" movies that have a boxing scene.

I'd go with popeye. It has eight names, Leonard gave it a bomb. The clues I would give are "cluttered staging" an contains "alleged songs."

You could also make te category: Burger Time: movies that show a character eating a hamburger.

"Scarface": movies where the main character has a deformed face.

burmart fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 4, 2012

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Holy poo poo, the guest list today :fap:

I hope it lives up to my expectations.

E: It did, and so much more.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 10, 2012

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Did the sound gently caress up occasionally for anyone else in the 31-01-2012 episode? I occasionally got these scratchy sounds and I couldn't hear anything and I really hope it isn't my headphones.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Davincie posted:

Did the sound gently caress up occasionally for anyone else in the 31-01-2012 episode? I occasionally got these scratchy sounds and I couldn't hear anything and I really hope it isn't my headphones.

I noticed the same thing. Really annoying especially right before a big laugh or something.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The new DLM plopped. I can't listen to it right now, but I'm excited that Alan Tudyk's on it. Love that guy.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

My name is Gato/I have metal joints/Beat me up/And earn fifteen silver points!
I hope he plays 3:10 to Uma.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

LesterGroans posted:

The new DLM plopped. I can't listen to it right now, but I'm excited that Alan Tudyk's on it. Love that guy.

It won't dissapoint, especially if you enjoy puns on last names

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Huh, apparently Doug plopped a new free DLM yesterday. Howard Kremer, Kulap, and Garfunkel and Oates guest.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
And it's not very good, which is weird. It picks up near the end, though

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Kulap got hosed on the "Story of Usual Suspects" call. Come on Doug!! :mad:

No Ticket
Jul 20, 2007

Blackula69 posted:

And it's not very good, which is weird. It picks up near the end, though

Yeah, it was kind of weird. Doug didn't do a great job managing things and the crowd sounded pretty lame.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

It's by sound, not spelling. It has to make sense when you say it aloud.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

No Ticket posted:

Yeah, it was kind of weird. Doug didn't do a great job managing things and the crowd sounded pretty lame.

Everyone was too nice, it seems. As much as doug hates sidebars, there needs to be a TJ Miller or Anthony Jesselnik on the panel to steer things to weird places. On a more entertaining episode that build-a-title game would have taken the entire 90 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of Zidane
Jul 9, 2006
Zidannnnne!

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

Sitting Bull is also an actual movie! Howie got robbed too!

• Locked thread