Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I got Ducati on my Suzuki! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Z3n posted:

I got Ducati on my Suzuki! :downs:

Well, yeah, but why?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Sir Cornelius posted:

Well, yeah, but why?

Because I feel a small shiver of glee every time you frown in disapproval. :3:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Hope you got that in water quickly, or else you'll have one hell of a time trying to remove that duc from your 'zuk!

(interesting look man)

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Hey. Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Xovaan posted:

Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?

Living in a Marina I became a connoisseur of grinder sounds over the summer.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
"Ah, an austetnic stainless, A4 if I'm not mistaken"

BzzzzzzzzzzEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
"Hmm, a cheeky little high carbon number? Sir is really pulling out the stops!"

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

If I'm ever annoyed by grinding noises, I just visualize a huge bee with honey poisoning having a terrible time with both ends in the bathroom. The ever changing note leads to many childish chuckles.

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007
You guys ain't 'eard nuthin' Where I work we have a 5m x 25m metal drum on rollers. It's meant to 'float' in between the two ends, but occasionally it ends up grinding in to the downhill end. You wouldn't believe the kinds of hellish, mind destroying noises that thing can make.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm with olde weird tip on this, you'ld have been far better off spending more money on a bigger more rigid milling machine and getting a <500 dollar welder.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

:neckbeard:

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Z3n posted:

:neckbeard:

You are always so happy when you get a new toy to play with. Is there any bike that doesnt make you giddy?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Still looks to be in better shape than my bike when I got it. :downs:

Find out what it needs yet? :O

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
The Duct tape repair on the tail is full on gangsta

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Putting my guess here too - requires you to weld the frame/subframe/swingarm somehow.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The stompgrip says it was at least a dumped trackbike and not a totally beat street/stunt bike

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

echomadman posted:

I'm with olde weird tip on this, you'ld have been far better off spending more money on a bigger more rigid milling machine and getting a <500 dollar welder.

I would except there's a couple of physical concerns...the driveway down to the garage is at an extreme angle and there's a max clearance of a little over 6 feet on the garage door, making getting any "full size" machinery in there...sketchy at best. Plus, the cheap welders tend to be the big, 150+ pound transformer units, not inverter units, and the dynasty will weld 150A on a 110 socket and only weighs 45 pounds, which is awesome. I can do the full 200A out of a 30A breaker on a 220V line, which is what our dryer is, so no need to rewire the house we're renting to weld in the garage, just had to make an extension cord.

But yeah, in an ideal world, I would have bought a less expensive welder, and used the extra cash to buy a nicer mill + a lathe/belt sander/bandsaw. Can't have it all, though, and this definitely isn't a bad alternative ;)

Ola posted:

If I'm ever annoyed by grinding noises, I just visualize a huge bee with honey poisoning having a terrible time with both ends in the bathroom. The ever changing note leads to many childish chuckles.

Team Ola. Never lose.

needknees posted:

Hope you got that in water quickly, or else you'll have one hell of a time trying to remove that duc from your 'zuk!

(interesting look man)

Yeah, we'll see how it fills out. I don't think it's gonna work with the R1 exhausts, they're too big.

BlueBayou posted:

You are always so happy when you get a new toy to play with. Is there any bike that doesnt make you giddy?

Of course there are...the ones I don't buy :)

Korwen posted:

Putting my guess here too - requires you to weld the frame/subframe/swingarm somehow.

Actually I already have it running. Sounds like hell due to bad gas and sitting forever, but fresh plugs, oil, gas, and a filter, plus a battery, and it should be doing good. Might need a CCT too.

Olde Weird Tip posted:

The stompgrip says it was at least a dumped trackbike and not a totally beat street/stunt bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA5JWl6t2v8

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Whelp, just made an arrangement to buy another bike. :regd08:

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
What's the jickser for, and what's this new bike?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

MrZig posted:

What's the jickser for, and what's this new bike?

Fixing it up, and either wafflezone will buy it back and ride it, or a buddy of mine will probably buy it. If both of them fall through, I'll list it on the usual sites.

Other bike is a streetbike for a friend of mine. Shocker, it's an SV650.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

echomadman posted:

To be fair, I was just joking. I have a HF welder and its..........not the greatest. It welds, but it could be better.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Olde Weird Tip posted:

To be fair, I was just joking. I have a HF welder and its..........not the greatest. It welds, but it could be better.

I hooked up the dynasty to test it after making the extension cord. It's so stupid easy to use, it's going to be embarrassing when I weld like poo poo because I have the S1000RR of welders right now.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Z3n posted:

I hooked up the dynasty to test it after making the extension cord. It's so stupid easy to use, it's going to be embarrassing when I weld like poo poo because I have the S1000RR of welders right now.

It's the fastest production welder?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

invision posted:

It's the fastest production welder?

It's got all kinds of electronic assists!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

both create a mess when used by neophytes

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
MilwaukeeAppleton Iron :911:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Available in pretty tri-color paint?

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007

Z3n posted:

I have the S1000RR of welders right now.

The Desmosedici of welders

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Forty Two posted:

That is goddamn amazing.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Endless Mike posted:

Available in pretty tri-color paint?

Excuse me, that's Tricolore.

:ducatismug:

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Forty Two posted:

Why would you not just turn the pipe instead of having that huge as heavy thing rotate around it?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Zenaida posted:

Why would you not just turn the pipe instead of having that huge as heavy thing rotate around it?

Because you cant turn it by hand in one smooth, even, same-speed motion. The performance of that welder is entirely dependent on covering X amount of material in Y amount of time given Z weld settings

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Also I'm guessing it's real popular for doing in-place repairs on stuff like pipelines.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Because you cant turn it by hand in one smooth, even, same-speed motion. The performance of that welder is entirely dependent on covering X amount of material in Y amount of time given Z weld settings

Zee veld settings, give zem to me!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Seems all is in order here! :buddy:

Got the Gsxr down to the valve cover. Experimented a bit with the time lapse on the GoPro, will try to do it from the beginning next time I work in the garage. Going to pick up the other sv tomorrow.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
Is that.. Missing an airbox entirely?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

MrZig posted:

Is that.. Missing an airbox entirely?

Yeah. Pulled the tank, airbox, valve cover. Covered with bubble wrap to keep dirt off the top end.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Z3n posted:

Yeah. Pulled the tank, airbox, valve cover. Covered with bubble wrap to keep dirt off the top end.

OH. I thought that picture was some PO's attempt at a horrible air filter because their airbox was missing. Now I understand, it's just you being you. Carry on.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

MrZig posted:

OH. I thought that picture was some PO's attempt at a horrible air filter because their airbox was missing. Now I understand, it's just you being you. Carry on.

That would be incredible. But the bike seems fine but dirty. The valves looked nice and clean though! No carbon buildup or anything.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'll see you a Miller welder and raise you...

So when are you gonna come down and play diablo 3 with me for hours say hi? :D

edit: turns out it's only like an hour long. still was worth it. :colbert:

Knot My President! fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Feb 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Xovaan posted:

I'll see you a Miller welder and raise you...

So when are you gonna come down and play diablo 3 with me for hours say hi? :D

edit: turns out it's only like an hour long. still was worth it. :colbert:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

• Locked thread