Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
There is a such thing as TOO much irony for it not to be ironic anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Luckyellow posted:

Sorry guys, it's been a fun ride but I'm done with this for good now. Enjoy your inevitable canon crossover with MLP.

Luckyellow, 17 minutes later posted:

:thurman:

Come on Luckyellow, you can't stay away, just admit your undying love for MSPA and discharge into the bucket now!

Anyway, I can't help but feel that the rapping robots - Sawtooth particularly - are going to be be involved in the rooftop fight with the Crockerbots. We've seen the Prospit-cloud scene come to fruition with Roxy, so I imagine that Dirk will ascend to the highest point of the building soon enough - and what better a time than to have the mysterious Sawtooth make an appearance? Especially given the way that he's been hyped up to rather resemble the original Bro (really cool guy, not around much, etc). It also gives Andrew a chance to deploy one of his only half-ironically cringe-inducing robot rap-offs, which is always a treat and will be heralded by pages and pages of ~a callback!~ in this thread and others.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I predict that somebody is going to end up losing to Squarewave before this is all over.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Sawtooth will be riding Dirk's meteor, and bisect it with his deadly flow.

Bongo Bill posted:

I predict that somebody is going to end up losing to Squarewave before this is all over.

But Tavros is dead!

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
All of the Crockerdrones will combine into giant fighting/rapping robot like in "And it Don't Stop". Calling it right now.

Luckyellow posted:

At this point, I no longer think that Andrew is trolling us but pandering to his fans.

Sorry guys, it's been a fun ride but I'm done with this for good now. Enjoy your inevitable canon crossover with MLP.

Although I was happy to be right, it doesn't count when it's luckyellow. Thanks anyways, I guess.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Dirk being a MLP fanboy fits right into the comic. We already have at least 3 borderline furries, a juggalo, an emokid/nice guy, a Twilight fangirl, a rageoholic, a 16 year old drinker, to name a few. Just about every character so far has embodied at least one annoying internet stereotype. The ultimate irony will be when UU is revealed as a Hetalia cosplayer.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

kjetting posted:

Dirk being a MLP fanboy fits right into the comic. We already have at least 3 borderline furries, a juggalo, an emokid/nice guy, a Twilight fangirl, a rageoholic, a 16 year old drinker, to name a few. Just about every character so far has embodied at least one annoying internet stereotype. The ultimate irony will be when UU is revealed as a Hetalia cosplayer.

But we already know that UU is a Homestuck fan, don't we?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Luckyellow posted:

At this point, I no longer think that Andrew is trolling us but pandering to his fans.

This is, what, the third time you've said "gently caress THIS COMIC NEVER READING IT AGAIN" now?

See you soon. :allears:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
To be fair this comic is like a drug addiction.

You know that it is killing you and you promise yourself that you will quit it. You then decide to go cold turkey.

But that isn't enough.

Soon the cravings come back again.

You wake up in the middle of the night in cold sweats because you are sure you heard the haunting honks from Gamzee as he approaches your room.

You then take just one more look at the comic, but it's too late.

too

MOTHERFUCKING

late

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Bongo Bill posted:

The practice predates Homestuck. Though this is unique in that it's become popular since Homestuck began, unlike the others.

Being aware of a community of readers is one of the very gratifying things about MSPA, I think. So I say, bless you, Luckyellow, and all readers like you, who fall for things like this.

Luckyellow has been saying homestuck sucks and he is leaving the comic for almost 2 years now, since descend. He'll be back.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Luckyellow posted:

Hey man I had the same feeling about vriska and now i have an avatar of her

her being dead helps a lot though.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Luckyellow posted:

Hi Luckyellow!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

President Ark posted:

This is, what, the third time you've said "gently caress THIS COMIC NEVER READING IT AGAIN" now?

See you soon. :allears:

Be more specific. It's his third time saying "gently caress THIS COMIC NEVER READING IT AGAIN" in this specific iteration of the thread.

Luckyellow is a troll that just never gives up. :allears:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Can we please stop giving him the attention he craves?

More on topic: I wonder what the over under is on Squarewave + Sawtooth being the "next" MSPaint Adventure. Hussie has kind of had them in reserve for a long rear end time now.

e: Their names are pretty much the best reference as well.

Zorak fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 1, 2012

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Zorak posted:

More on topic: I wonder what the over under is on Squarewave + Sawtooth being the "next" MSPaint Adventure. Hussie has kind of had them in reserve for a long rear end time now.

An And It Don't Stop sequel, obviously.

That said, I wonder if it's going to take us forever to get to the English/Brobot showdown, and for it to conclude, in tribute to how long we were teased with the Dave/Bro confrontation.

...I wonder if Dirk will make it challenge Jake to the hash rap battle we were once denied.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Doubtful since Jake uses inventory tetris, aka the greatest and best inventory system known to man.

Midnight Raider posted:

An And It Don't Stop sequel, obviously.

The pages of these threads that were nothing but people begging Hussie to give them AIDS will always be my favourites to look back on. :allears:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 1, 2012

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

Luckyellow posted:

:qq: drama :qq:

I do believe you may be taking things a little too personally and/or seriously.

It's a joke about a dude who unironically likes technicolor cartoon ponies. Lighten up, man.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Renaissance Robot posted:

The pages of these threads that were nothing but people begging Hussie to give them AIDS

What an unfortunate acronym.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Luckyellow posted:

Just like all the other times you were done with this for good. Luckyellow 5: Luckyellow Harder: This Time It's Personal.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Doubtful since Jake uses inventory tetris, aka the greatest and best inventory system known to man.

The pages of these threads that were nothing but people begging Hussie to give them AIDS will always be my favourites to look back on. :allears:

I've not been on this board for long enough for any truly great moments, but reading Luckyellow's rap sheet is pretty hilarious

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
I first started binging on Homestuck back in March. I started reading it on and off (think I took a long break after Rose was introduced then another after the trolls' game had just started) but as I read it in spurts I began to love it, at least for a little while. Then characters started dropping like flies and the comic made me sick and bitter. I've started reading it again (I'm at the beginning of Act 6) and even though it still confuses the HELL out of me, I'm enjoying the comic again! :unsmith:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I feel like Homestuck is a big sandbox for Hussie to play in, with literary experiments out the wazoo. Once he starts whatever he does after Homestuck, he'll take what he learned and make something better. (And bigger? Who the gently caress knows.)

I'm wondering how many people will leave after Homestuck is finished, like they have nothing else to live for.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Gonna call it now, UU is going to be a Musclebeast whom works at Olive garden.

Also the reason the Batterwitch Assassinated Geromy is because She's racist like hussie :rolleyes:

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Zorak posted:

More on topic: I wonder what the over under is on Squarewave + Sawtooth being the "next" MSPaint Adventure.
perhaps they're... a sine of what's to come :c00l:

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Might I revive the theory that Luckyellow is Andrew Hussie?

Slightly related to the topic at hand, back in June I decided Homestuck would end on day 1025, tomorrow. From tomorrow on we will follow the wacky adventures of Squarewave and Sawtooth in And It Don't Stop 2: Electric Boogaloo.

(I should add here that I kind of feel like the only person around who really, really didn't like And It Don't Stop.)

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Once he starts whatever he does after Homestuck, he'll take what he learned and make something better.

"Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff: Unlimitad".

It would be so beautiful there would have to at least 20 movies.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Olivia42 posted:

(I should add here that I kind of feel like the only person around who really, really didn't like And It Don't Stop.)
I thought it was well drawn and the concept was neat, but I don't like rap so most of the actual rapping flew over my head. Oh well.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
This is the best loving modus.

Like ever.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

This is the best loving modus.

Like ever.

It's so perfectly Dirk, it's magnificent.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Who loves orange soda? Dirk loves orange soda.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

HalfHazard posted:

Who loves orange soda? Dirk loves orange soda.

Great now I'm going to hear all of Dirk's lines in Kel Mitchell's voice.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Huh, Dirk calling his skateboard a four wheel device made me realize that the Troll thing of literal descriptive names actually started with Dave and his hashmap sylladex (like blender -> whirling blade pitcher or whatever).

Kind of interesting how a lot of the running gags started with the B1 kids, got transformed by the Trolls, and now we're seeing an additional reflection through the B2 Kids.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Ice_Mallet posted:

"Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff: Unlimitad".

It would be so beautiful there would have to at least 20 movies.

So the Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff franchise in the B2 universe is reminiscent of the Dr. Tran franchise in our world?

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Dirk basically has And It Don't Stop modus.

Yesssssssssss.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Mazerunner posted:

Huh, Dirk calling his skateboard a four wheel device made me realize that the Troll thing of literal descriptive names actually started with Dave and his hashmap sylladex (like blender -> whirling blade pitcher or whatever).

Kind of interesting how a lot of the running gags started with the B1 kids, got transformed by the Trolls, and now we're seeing an additional reflection through the B2 Kids.

I never realized that, and yet it's totally true.

Homestuck is endless. You will never stop discovering things about this webcomic.

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.
So, is that grenade at 1,1 in Dirk's modus going to be used very soon in the destruction of Dirk's apartment, or be one of those "comes back in 5000 pages as a vital plot device" items?

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
I'm wondering how grenade rhymes with sunglasses. Also why does he have something he is wearing captchalogued? Unless it's a spare?

Dave must have been so loving rich.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
The more I learn about Alpha Dave, the more I wish he were still around.

We can only hope that Beta Dave grows up to be half as cool.

quote:

I'm wondering how grenade rhymes with sunglasses

Shades.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pieces of Peace posted:

So, is that grenade at 1,1 in Dirk's modus going to be used very soon in the destruction of Dirk's apartment, or be one of those "comes back in 5000 pages as a vital plot device" items?

I just hope it doesn't end up doing something awful. Or blowing up a disease-control laboratory bulletproof window.

(I apologize for both jokes above)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This update totally broke my immersion.