Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

ease posted:

So I've officialy jumped ship, and now I'm looking to sell 2 3ds.

Thread is here :

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3463138

I'd be willing to make it worth some ones while who wants both of them. They are literally a few days old (still waiting on my wife's 3d to arrive), and in great shape. Also have 3 different TPU cases, and a wad of screen protectors that will go along with them.

But why sell them when you can do this??? http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/30/apk-puts-windows-95-98-and-xp-plus-linux-on-the-evo-3d/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Looks like the NS4G version of ICS has been leaked

Apparently, it'll be Android 4.0.4. Maybe the Galaxy Nexus will drop soon as well.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

zer0spunk posted:

Do you have grooveip? Just curious to see how good of an option it is for someone with sprint integration in your situation. It works when I've used it but i've yet to exclusively have to rely on it. Wondering how rock solid the option is.

No I don't. I don't really make phone calls (work gave me a prepaid phone haven't used it yet), so I don't think it's an issue for me.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
My airrave stopped working a few weeks ago & won't get better no matter how many times I reset/power cycle it. What do I do here?

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011
Call sprint and they'll run some diagnostics.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

My airrave stopped working a few weeks ago & won't get better no matter how many times I reset/power cycle it. What do I do here?

The "signal booster" number in the OP is also Airrave tech support.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Anyone else have an issue where they download an image, but it doesn't show up in the stock gallery? The images (jpeg) don't look any different (file properties-wise) from any images that do appear.

I can use other image viewers to see the "invisible" images, but I really don't mind the stock gallery, and would rather not have to switch back and forth if I don't have to.

Mark Larson
Dec 27, 2003

Interesting...

berzerkmonkey posted:

Anyone else have an issue where they download an image, but it doesn't show up in the stock gallery? The images (jpeg) don't look any different (file properties-wise) from any images that do appear.

I can use other image viewers to see the "invisible" images, but I really don't mind the stock gallery, and would rather not have to switch back and forth if I don't have to.

There's an app called Media Rescan which you can run to refresh the gallery database.

kahm
May 13, 2004

what's goin' on in this fridge
OK, so now, I've disabled google voice integration for a day, and then I just went to re-enable it to try and see if the texting worked... and now it says I'm ineligible. What the hell? What do I do now?

edit: removed my number and re-added it, and that worked, but still no texts from this one person. this is getting very, very frustrating.

kahm fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 1, 2012

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Duckman2008 posted:

The "signal booster" number in the OP is also Airrave tech support.

Thanks. They actually transferred me to another number, and things didn't work out, but I can keep yelling at them through this.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Mark Larson posted:

There's an app called Media Rescan which you can run to refresh the gallery database.
I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
I have an upgrade due in 140 days. Will Sprint let me buy out the contract so that I'm elegible for an upgrade immediately?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OptimusMatrix posted:

I have an upgrade due in 140 days. Will Sprint let me buy out the contract so that I'm elegible for an upgrade immediately?

140 days sounds like august? Yes, I think an august buyout is around $60-70 (that's a guess). Call retentions.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

Duckman2008 posted:

140 days sounds like august? Yes, I think an august buyout is around $60-70 (that's a guess). Call retentions.

Awesome. poo poo I meant 120 days. So they will let me do this then?

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
I'm trying to sell my EVO 3d and a guy who's interested wants me to send him the MEID to see if the phone is clear. Is there a reason I shouldn't do this? Like is that tied to other important account stuff or something

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Are there any Sprint maps that are so precise that it shows the exact street a tower is on? A friend of mine just got a Sprint phone but he wants to know how far the tower is from his house (in Iowa).

mophomanners
Feb 6, 2008

ThermoPhysical posted:

Are there any Sprint maps that are so precise that it shows the exact street a tower is on? A friend of mine just got a Sprint phone but he wants to know how far the tower is from his house (in Iowa).

4g or sprint cdma tower?

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

helsabot posted:

I'm trying to sell my EVO 3d and a guy who's interested wants me to send him the MEID to see if the phone is clear. Is there a reason I shouldn't do this? Like is that tied to other important account stuff or something
I used to think it was okay until I heard of people adding the MEID to their own account and then reporting it stolen and using insurance to get a replacement. Then you're stuck with a phone marked stolen and they have a brand new or refurb phone for $100.

Maybe someone else can confirm if I'm remembering correctly or if those turned out to be rumors.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

mophomanners posted:

4g or sprint cdma tower?

Sprint CDMA

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OptimusMatrix posted:

Awesome. poo poo I meant 120 days. So they will let me do this then?

Duckman2008 posted:

Call retentions.

Not my department :)

datajosh posted:

I used to think it was okay until I heard of people adding the MEID to their own account and then reporting it stolen and using insurance to get a replacement. Then you're stuck with a phone marked stolen and they have a brand new or refurb phone for $100.

Maybe someone else can confirm if I'm remembering correctly or if those turned out to be rumors.

I could see this happening, although its tricky on both sides. I would bet if it was recently on your account you can make a case to sprint that the other dude is making a fraudulent claim.

Giving them the meid is good business, just be careful. Worst case have sprint notate your account with the meid if you are hesitant.

Mark Larson
Dec 27, 2003

Interesting...

datajosh posted:

This can only happen if the device isn't on your account. Also, he won't be able to make a call with it, which is usually required for insurance claims. I generally don't expect the seller to provide the ESN before we meet, but I make it clear that I'm going to check it before buying, and I've still had one fuckhead make me come all the way out for a stolen phone.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Does Sprint's unlimited data actually give you web access, or just access to the handful of services they advertise on their site?

I'm trying to get an idea of how fettered a Sprint smartphone is going to be. Do they lock out a lot of user customization like their older phones do?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

IMJack posted:

Does Sprint's unlimited data actually give you web access, or just access to the handful of services they advertise on their site?

I'm trying to get an idea of how fettered a Sprint smartphone is going to be. Do they lock out a lot of user customization like their older phones do?

I don't even fully understand what you're asking. Sprint only has one tier of data: unlimited. If their smartphones didn't have web access, nobody would be using Sprint. Unlimited data is unlimited (for phones). The only restriction is tethering because they sell that separately.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

IMJack posted:

I can browse and post on the forums on my Sprint phone. Does that help any?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Lovie Unsmith posted:

I can browse and post on the forums on my Sprint phone. Does that help any?

I AM browsing and posting from my Sprint phone. I just watched a two hour movie on Netflix on my Sprint phone. I listened to three hours of Pandora radio today while traveling, on my Sprint phone.

Questions?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm just trying to figure out what the catch is.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

IMJack posted:

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm just trying to figure out what the catch is.

They have lovely service. Good luck getting anywhere close to 5 gigs at the speeds you're going to be connecting at.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
The catch is you pay more money for it.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

"d[-.- posted:

b"]
They have lovely service. Good luck getting anywhere close to 5 gigs at the speeds you're going to be connecting at.
Depends entirely on your location. I use 7-8 gigs of 3g without much effort, and there are plenty of folks who use double that.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Duckman2008 posted:

I could see this happening, although its tricky on both sides. I would bet if it was recently on your account you can make a case to sprint that the other dude is making a fraudulent claim.

Giving them the meid is good business, just be careful. Worst case have sprint notate your account with the meid if you are hesitant.

Mark Larson posted:

This can only happen if the device isn't on your account. Also, he won't be able to make a call with it, which is usually required for insurance claims. I generally don't expect the seller to provide the ESN before we meet, but I make it clear that I'm going to check it before buying, and I've still had one fuckhead make me come all the way out for a stolen phone.
Sounds like what I had read was bullshit then, which is good to hear!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

WoG posted:

Depends entirely on your location. I use 7-8 gigs of 3g without much effort, and there are plenty of folks who use double that.

This man speaks the truth. Near Boston, I can easily use 5 gb on 3g, and more like ten on 4g. I was just in San Diego, and in a week could only use 400 mb, thanks to awful speeds.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

WoG posted:

Yup I'm barely halfway through my billing cycle and already over 2gigs. :o:

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

WoG posted:

Yeah, when I tether on my rooted Sprint phone I get speeds MUCH faster than my home cable internet (seriously wtf Time Warner? gently caress you.) And this is in a supposedly overloaded area (NYC).

atomicvocabulary
Oct 21, 2002

Say hello to the sunrise for me...
6.87 gb between 3g and 4g here. I always use WiFi at home, 4 days left in the billing cycle.

I really like Sprint

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

WoG posted:

This is true, but I like being indoors and non-stationary while using data. I don't think location is going to improve building penetration any.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I get a solid 900kbps in my apartment in midtown Omaha - my apartment is a garden-level so technically I'm sort of in a half basement.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I live in Omaha too and get pretty good reception here in north Omaha. There's a sprint tower right across the street from me. I do sometimes get bad signal but that's not often, if at all.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Southern Kentucky here. When we got 3G turned on here about 18 months ago, it was really fast. Some times as fast as 1.4mbps. But it has been a steady decrease in speed since then. Now, you can only download at 32-64kbps

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

"d[-.- posted:

b"]
This is true, but I like being indoors and non-stationary while using data. I don't think location is going to improve building penetration any.

I go to school in one of the largest concrete buildings in the world. Our lecture centers are underground. I still get 4G everywhere on campus including the lecture centers and subterranean utility road.

Location can mean everything in terms of reception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I use about 6 gigs a month on 3g using my phone as my primary internet connection.