Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wondermoose
Aug 17, 2009

Trykt posted:

:siren: SF4 XBL Tournament on Sunday :siren:

Costs nothing to sign up! You also don't win anything though, so...

I'm running this thing Xbox only this time, if this pisses you off PLEASE LET ME KNOW and I will try to make you happen next time!

Any questions about this please just ask here on the forums or anytime in the IRC channel (info's in the sign up link).

WHY are you doing this on the same day as the Super Bowl!? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
I honestly had no idea I don't watch those sports things!

Don't worry the idea is to start doing them on the regular, and switch up which games are run back and forth every week. That's the idea, we'll see if I can keep up the steam to do it!

Jamikaze
Jul 12, 2000

CRANKIN'
and
CHUGGIN'

kimcicle posted:

Nope, no relation. Just a bunch of dudes who play 3D fighters that open up their house for everybody else to play on Friday nights in Dallas.

Half of Boom Gorillas are goons. :)

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

inthesto posted:

My trick for doing Ken short short super is to buffer the QCFs inside the shorts so the confirm is as simple as pressing the kicks at the end. I do d+lk, df, f, d+lk, df, f+HK for the confirm.

It's a scrubby as hell trick and only works with Ken, but oh well.
Learning how to do inputs in fighting games is not "scrubby as hell"

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
It is kinda lazy, no way are you going to do a standing 720 if you need to buffer that much.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Wondermoose posted:

Don't worry it's SF4 no ones gonna sign up anyway. You can play during commercials.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Buhbuhj posted:

Don't worry it's SF4 no ones gonna sign up anyway. You can play during commercials.

You mean during the game?

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Brosnan posted:

You mean during the game?

Are you getting SCV?

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

EA Sports posted:

It is kinda lazy, no way are you going to do a standing 720 if you need to buffer that much.

Tricks like that are pretty much standard in KoF (and useful in all other fighters), how else are you going to cancel a jab into HCBx2?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

whip posted:

Are you getting SCV?

No.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Brosnan posted:

No.

Yeah, me either. I think I'm too far behind in the series to be good anyhow. I only know Yoshimitsu

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If my experience with the last few Soul Caliburs is anything to go by, I could just borrow a friend's copy, make the most embarrassing character possible in dolly dress-up mode, play for 20-30 minutes until the novelty wears off, then be bored and never need to play it again.

Edit: Updated the thread links in the OP, in case anyone's actually paying attention to that.

Brosnan fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 1, 2012

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Has anyone tried the new KoF13 patch? Supposedly made online interactions more stable. I think it's only on PS3 right now though.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

ArcticZombie posted:

Tricks like that are pretty much standard in KoF (and useful in all other fighters), how else are you going to cancel a jab into HCBx2?
Well, if thats all you ever do, much like every other skill, you will get worse at making GBS threads it out quickly if you need it.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

EA Sports posted:

Well, if thats all you ever do, much like every other skill, you will get worse at making GBS threads it out quickly if you need it.

What are you even talking about? making GBS threads what out? Supers? If you do that you're bad anyway.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
No seriously if you can't input the super after the last short and have it combo there you are doing something wrong.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAyAkNJ2BvA&t=41s

Ougon still a fun game, PS don't jump vs Jessica especially when she has meta and Ronove for counter boost+that crazy high minimum damage meta.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
That growl the Snape lookalike made at the end has to be the most :effort: thing I've heard in a fighting game.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

No seriously if you can't input the super after the last short and have it combo there you are doing something wrong.

I can do it now but I had to work out a rhythm for my stick and buttons to stay in sync and stuff! I also had to work a bit to get the feel for it from both left and right, and starting from standing and crouching. I dunno, in terms of FG input stuff it's "easy" but it's not automatic.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqqvF2oAu8c

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
It's me. I'm sabator

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Chaos Code is coming to PS3

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

This is my submission
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3N7ngnz9OM&feature=related

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Having once again gotten tired of how poorly balanced Skyrim is I decided in what is probably the greatest lapse of judgement in my mid-twenties to play Tekken 6 Scenario Mode. Or alternatively My Date With My Robot Girlfriend: Shipping Yard Edition. It's not great, not great at all. So far the highlight has been watching Hei catch a bullet with his teeth and Lili declare her love of bears. So I guess it's okay for a laugh and to get costume pieces and easy achievements or whatever. Anything I should know about this mode or once I'm done with it can I drop it?

Let me tell you I really miss Tekken Ball.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Play the Mokujin stage over and over to earn cash for dressing up - that's about it.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

When you get a choice of which character to unlock from the start, pick Devil Jin, he's a total pain in the rear end to unlock for the mode otherwise, and by far the easiest character to destroy any of the bonus stages with.

Spuckuk fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 2, 2012

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, get Devil Jin otherwise you're waiting until the end of the game to play a really awful stage to unlock him. Plus his laser beam attacks render the campaign mode pretty much moot.

I actually got roadblocked on the final optional stage to unlock him so I restarted the entire campaign to pick him as my one character and trashed the story mode in a third of the time it originally took.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
You're only playing Scenario Campaign to see what horrible fan fics Harada can make with his own game and get easy money for costumes.

Devil Jin brakes the campaign anyway, so abuse him.

Also, Tekken Bowl is free on iOS.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spuckuk posted:

When you get a choice of which character to unlock from the start, pick Devil Jin, he's a total pain in the rear end to unlock for the mode otherwise, and by far the easiest character to destroy any of the bonus stages with.

I unlocked Miguel. You get Miguel for free on literally the second stage, so I was a bit annoyed. But yeah Tekken 6 story mode sucks apart from the previously mentioned Heihachi catching a bullet with his teeth. I liked the queen's port music, though.

On a different subject, SC5's really good lobbies have made me wonder if anyone has ever made a stick with more or less a texting keypad on it. With online play becoming more prevalent it seems like it'd be a decent feature to add to some sticks, since sending messages the normal way on a 360 sucks.

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)
I beat SC with Kuma because I like to hate myself I'm pro like that. :smug:

But yea, go with a Mishima or Devil Jin. Make SC as painless as possible (Less Emo from Lars, the better).

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Chaos Code is coming to PS3

:woop:

Here's to hoping they patch it to get rid of some of the crazy infinites and crap.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

S-Alpha posted:

:woop:

Here's to hoping they patch it to get rid of some of the crazy infinites and crap.

What infinites.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

What infinites.

I thought I remembered talk about CC having an assload of braindead infinites, mainly the twins, if I recall properly. But I haven't been keeping up with gameplay as of late, and it may have been patched already, so I dunno.

Edit: vvv Huh, okay, guess I was misinformed. Oh well, still excited for it.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 2, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

S-Alpha posted:

I thought I remembered talk about CC having an assload of braindead infinites, mainly the twins, if I recall properly. But I haven't been keeping up with gameplay as of late, and it may have been patched already, so I dunno.

As far as I've read/seen, there was only ONE infinite in the original version and it was apparently not practical at all. It has been removed since anyway since they released v1.1.

As of now there are a few kind of dumb but pretty hard or situational 100% loops, but the only one that seems particularly practical is Cait&Sith's, and they aren't even a high tier character. Celia has one too but I've never seen anyone land it before.

There are a number of combos in the 70-80% range using Exceed mode but that's pretty much just to be expected since it takes 3 meters and kills your super bar for 20 seconds afterwards.

Basically if you can tolerate the way KOF13's damage goes, CC isn't a whole lot different.

I certainly wouldn't mind them nerfing down the long rear end loops for the console version, they're mostly the result of the game not stopping you from building meter long enough after spending it in combos. Again though, that's the exact same problem KOF13 has.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
https://twitter.com/#!/MrMLGAdam

quote:

Mortal Kombat will have support not only from MLG, but directly from the publisher and platform. Hope to do this right by the FGC :)

Who's ready to get paid???!!! We're all loving rich!!!!!!!

And of course twitter is now blowing up with retired MK players remarking how they had been jonesing to get back into MK big time, lol.

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 2, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They said they have other FGs to announce soon, too - my guess is they mean SC5, maybe SFxT but I don't think so.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wondermoose posted:

Oh poo poo, thanks for the reminder. There go my goony sf4 tourney aspirations that evening. I don't even watch handeggball and somehow I ended up being roped into a party.

At lest there's going to be gourmet hotdogs on site, that's a plus.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They said they have other FGs to announce soon, too - my guess is they mean SC5, maybe SFxT but I don't think so.

What if it's Skullgirls though??

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

AXE COP posted:

What if it's Skullgirls though??

Don't they basically only deal with games/publishers that are willing to throw loads of cash at them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Don't they basically only deal with games/publishers that are willing to throw loads of cash at them?

Shouldn't that also rule out all the Japanese devs too? What fighting games are left?

• Locked thread