Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

omg car crash posted:

Just saw this on Tumblr. :aaaaa:

"...and make sure you make her boobs big enough!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
at risk of being held in contempt of thread title:

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

If your cover doesn't have the word blood on it at least more than once then it's not a 90's comic book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SexyBlindfold posted:

at risk of being held in contempt of thread title:

Three time? They're pushing it too far!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Rhyno posted:

Three time? They're pushing it too far!

Can we count the RED in DEATHMATE RED as a half point?

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

When I was younger, more vulnerable, and bought every #1 Image made I always wondered what "Rub the Blood" meant, was it supposed to be some sort of scratch and sniff?

I'm sorry for posting Liefeld.

The Stroker Ace fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jan 31, 2012

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,

The Stroker Ace posted:

When I was younger, more vulnerable, and bought every #1 Image made I always wondered what "Rub the Blood" meant, was it supposed to be some sort of scratch and sniff?

HAhaha, I have that. The blood disappears if you rub it.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

EvilMuppet posted:

Pah, who want disappearing blood? We want APPEARING blood and lots of it!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I saw an issue of this in a shop the other day, but didn't buy it.

I assume the hero goes around giving the bad guys conjunctivitis.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

EvilMuppet posted:

Seriously? I used to rub it and it never did anything. I'm going to have to dig it up next time go home. But, it would be cooler if the blood appeared- gold foil embossed, autographed, wrap-around blood that smells like 501 jeans when you rubbed it.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Stroker Ace posted:

All right, so that's Wolverine and a Cable/Shatterstar amalgam? Brilliant.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waterhaul posted:

and this Kirby Inhumans piece.

Look at this beautiful thing, just look at it. Amazing.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,

Wendell posted:

All right, so that's Wolverine and a Cable/Shatterstar amalgam? Brilliant.

If that's the one I'm thinking of they all die in every issue.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Jerusalem posted:

With this ring i thee kill might be the absolute best awful pulp pun title i have ever read and i've read a lot of them.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Jerusalem posted:

I'm looking. Oh, I'm looking. :allears:

Hey, what's our buddy Greg Horn been up to?

Well...

I'm not offended by it, which I guess is something good.

You know, though. I like to draw, and one of my biggest annoyances is when I draw something that I think looks great, but then I flip it around and it looks like crap. This most often occurs with faces. So, I try to avoid doing that. She-Hulk's face already bugs me in this shot, but what happens when you flip it?

To be fair, it's not as horrifying as I expected it'd be, but it's certainly no improvement.

I guess this is what happens when you over-rely on references for your illustrations, like this guy does.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 1, 2012

demolition rickshaw
Mar 10, 2007

I NEED AVATARS. AVATARS OF HARDHAT SPIDER-MAN!
At least she looks like she has some muscle definition on her upper arm there. One of my pet peeves is She-Hulk(s) being drawn as tall, skinny models rather than, you know, a Hulk.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's almost always ridiculously far in one direction or the other though. She-Hulk is too often drawn as a Green Barbie or with more muscles than hairs on her head.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Stroker Ace posted:

Seriously? I used to rub it and it never did anything.

It wasn't supposed to "do" anything. You were supposed to rub the blood. Caress it. Love it. Worship the blood. Buy more Image comics!

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

mind the walrus posted:

It's almost always ridiculously far in one direction or the other though. She-Hulk is too often drawn as a Green Barbie or with more muscles than hairs on her head.
Is it really unreasonable for her to have spectacular mighty thews? She's not called She-Heap or She-Large-Woman. It's She-Hulk. She's hulking. She's loving huge.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mazed posted:

To be fair, it's not as horrifying as I expected it'd be, but it's certainly no improvement.

COuld've been worse:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

^Edit. That horse. I cannot look away. :stare: What is it with Greg Horn and awful background elements? See also that one shot of Power Girl doing pushups towards the beginning of the thread.

For the sake of comparison, a somewhat newer She-Hulk illustration, also by Horn:

You know? The hand-to-cheek pose that's mirrored in the advertisement is a nice touch. It adds to the composition. Shame about the poorly 'shopped-in fenceposts behind her, and she looks athletic, I guess, but not exactly 'hulking'.

Also, does anyone else find his overuse of incredibly saturated colors to be really hard on the eyes?

Adam Hughes draws She-Hulk's muscles the way they probably should be. He's pretty good altogether, and he puts enough personality into faces that his cheesecakey style comes off as classier than most.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 2, 2012

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Those covers seriously made me embarrassed to be buying comics back in the day. "No, I just enjoy the story! There's nothing creepily sexualized about the interior art at all!"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lurdiak posted:

Those covers seriously made me embarrassed to be buying comics back in the day. "No, I just enjoy the story! There's nothing creepily sexualized about the interior art at all!"

See also Emma Frost

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

See also Emma Frost
"No, I just enjoy the story about a high school girl and her friends!"

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Endless Mike posted:

"No, I just enjoy the story about a high school girl and her friends!"

Funny thing is, the story wasn't even that sexualized. I recall it being...boring, like an overly dramatic teenage girl movie put out by a Disney knockoff.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib
The creepy thing is that She-Hulk looks like a regular woman but with green skin. There is nothing there to indicate the "hulk" part of her name but the green skin.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Madkal posted:

The creepy thing is that She-Hulk looks like a regular woman but with green skin. There is nothing there to indicate the "hulk" part of her name but the green skin.

I'd love to see a version of She Hulk where she looks like the actual Hulk/Supermutant from Fallout 3.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Before you die, you see....

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

This is the most ripped comic portrayal of her I could find. There's plenty of huge He-Hulk style pictures of her but they are amateur stuff and often with her punching Titania in the titty.

Well here's more, I guess Scott Kolins is your man.
http://geekdraw.com/marvel-comics/she-hulk/7700384
http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Avengers-84-Group-Captain-America-She-Hulk-Lionheart-Iron-Man-Hawkeye-and-Avengers-Posters_i7382637_.htm

Ha! Dig on this 10 year old's synopsis of an avengers comic.
http://www.leaderslair.com/avengers/avengersv3-074.html

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Geoff Johns had a pretty good run on the Avengers. There's an alternate universe somewhere where Johns never left Marvel.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

Geoff Johns had a pretty good run on the Avengers. There's an alternate universe somewhere where Johns never left Marvel.

Then we got Chuck Auston

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Then we got Bendis. Probably the best example of a poo poo sandwich in comics.

Illvillainy
Jan 4, 2004

Pants then spaceship. In that order.
Pretty stale bread.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Who wrote the Avengers story where the Hulk goes on a rampage and they finally figure out the reason why is because he's horny and his "primitive brain" is reacting to this by trying to impress She-Hulk so they can have sex? Because I want to punch that writer in the dick.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Who wrote the Avengers story where the Hulk goes on a rampage and they finally figure out the reason why is because he's horny and his "primitive brain" is reacting to this by trying to impress She-Hulk so they can have sex? Because I want to punch that writer in the dick.

I remember reading that! It was an annual I think? Bruce Jones maybe?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:stare: Aren't Banner and She-Hulk cousins...? Or did someone change that around on me?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

E the Shaggy posted:

I remember reading that! It was an annual I think? Bruce Jones maybe?

That sounds like Austen

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:stare: Aren't Banner and She-Hulk cousins...? Or did someone change that around on me?

They are, she even brings it up in the story, it's loving terrible.

Here's an article about it, and a couple of images to haunt your nightmares:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
My Saint's Row 3 boss is She-Hulk and I pretty much exclusively use the melee wrestling takedowns, it's pretty fantastic. That's all I have to say.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I wanted to say that Hulk Annual was by Mark Millar because it seems like such a Millar idea, but it was actually Paul Jenkins. I think I got them mixed up because they were both writers who did a couple of things I really loved circa 2000 and then slowly whittled that good faith down to nothing.

And to keep this on topic and be vaguely self-promoting, Marvel Fanfare was an old anthology where they used to run random "Portfolios" of pin-ups by an artist, which ranged from mediocre to loving Awesome. I'm putting up one a day for at least the next month on my tumblr but here are some BSS EXCLUSIVES for the time being

Captain American wrecking shop by Michael Golden

Two of AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted by a young Mike Mignola

I FUCKIN' LOVE BEING THOR by Bill Sienkiewicz

Demon in a Bottle by DAVE SIM(!!!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Edge & Christian posted:

Demon in a Bottle by DAVE SIM(!!!)

:stare: I had no idea he'd ever done so much as a page for Marvel or DC.