Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

8w-gremlin posted:

anyone working on these themes?

http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dun/201201cormyrheroes

Done and in yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Can't seem to find the "Alchemists Essence" from Mordenkinans Emporium. All the other new alchemy stuff is in there apart from this one.
It's similar to the potions of resistance in that you choose the element type at creation.

http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/item.aspx?id=3281

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011

Tivaan posted:

Done and in yesterday

Sweet - thanks

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The conditional bonus granted by the Bloodhunter's Flank feat currently doesn't scale up at higher tiers. Here's a Pastebin link to a fixed version of the feat.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
So sometimes when I open this thread, Firefox downloads the CBLoader installer to my desktop. Anyone know why?

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

So sometimes when I open this thread, Firefox downloads the CBLoader installer to my desktop. Anyone know why?
That is an interesting efffect since the Installer is gone and deleted. You must have something going on with your PC. I would check into some anti-virus scans.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Something's wrong with your computer.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Is anyone else having trouble with the Hexblade actually gaining any benefit from their implement? I don't seem to be getting any enhancement bonus or expertise bonus from any implement I use, even on the normal warlock daily powers.

It does still list the conditional bonus of say a goblin totem weapon in the off hand, when using Arcane Implement Proficiency. But I think that shows up when on a secondary weapon anyways.

Also thought I would bring up again the lack of pike on the Kensei's Focus weapon list, I think other weapons were missing as well, probably the newer weapons that were added at a later date. Don't see lance either.

I am getting an inner exception error message saying that the following elements were not closed: specific, RulesElement, D20Rules. Line 3431, position 39.
But it simply asks if I want to see a log, and then opens correctly anyway.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

That is an interesting efffect since the Installer is gone and deleted. You must have something going on with your PC. I would check into some anti-virus scans.

Drewjitsu posted:

Something's wrong with your computer.
Well on the plus side, it's only my work computer it's happening to. On the downside... Work computer. Bleh. Also, required to use Norton. Double bleh. Hopefully the stuff it found today'll fix it. If not, I'll look more closely at the exe file next time it appears on my desktop.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Ryuujin posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with the Hexblade actually gaining any benefit from their implement? I don't seem to be getting any enhancement bonus or expertise bonus from any implement I use, even on the normal warlock daily powers.

It does still list the conditional bonus of say a goblin totem weapon in the off hand, when using Arcane Implement Proficiency. But I think that shows up when on a secondary weapon anyways.

Also thought I would bring up again the lack of pike on the Kensei's Focus weapon list, I think other weapons were missing as well, probably the newer weapons that were added at a later date. Don't see lance either.

I am getting an inner exception error message saying that the following elements were not closed: specific, RulesElement, D20Rules. Line 3431, position 39.

Try equipping a wand or a rod instead of a pact blade dagger (or using some other arcane implement.) *Some people* thought that since most Warlocks will use a rod or wand, they would only code the Hexblade to make use of those.... ;)

If someone wants to try to fix that, I am not alone (I am sure) in saying that it would be awesome!

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I've tried that. Even with a magical wand or rod in the off hand, and with the respective expertise feat, neither the enhancement bonus nor expertise bonus show up on any of the powers. The only exception is light blade or heavy blade expertise on a hexblade with that type of pact weapon, and even then enhancements from a light or heavy blade in the off hand still do not show up.

I'm fairly certain I didn't use to have this problem, but it has been quite awhile since I had really tried to make a hexblade and I know there have been a great many problems with trying to implement this correctly before.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Are you not even getting any "+0 off-hand enhancement bonus - [Pact] Weapon" text on power cards then?

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Ryuujin posted:

This is your answer. One of your part files was only partially downloaded. So which ever file is missing or damaged isn't loading. Delete all of your part files and re-download them if you can.

Mini FAQ
The easiest fix to the following elements were not closed issue is to delete all of your part files and re-download them if you can. Hopefully you will get full and complete files this time and everything will be rosy.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Greyhawk Fan posted:

This is your answer. One of your part files was only partially downloaded. So which ever file is missing or damaged isn't loading. Delete all of your part files and re-download them if you can.

Mini FAQ
The easiest fix to the following elements were not closed issue is to delete all of your part files and re-download them if you can. Hopefully you will get full and complete files this time and everything will be rosy.

Throwing this in the OP.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It looks like neither the Arcane Trapsmith feat nor the Brilliant Rhetoric feature of the Devoted Orator paragon path currently do anything in terms of "hard" mechanics, which is to let the character use Intelligence with Thievery/Diplomacy , respectively, instead of the ability score they normally draw on. This probably is an oversight, because the LCB can do these things just fine – all that has to be done is add
pre:
<rules>
  <statadd name="Thievery" value="+ABILITYMOD(Intelligence)" type="Ability" />
</rules>
to the Arcane Trapsmith feat, and
pre:
<rules>
  <statadd name="Diplomacy" value="+ABILITYMOD(Intelligence)" type="Ability" />
</rules>
to Brilliant Rhetoric.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

It looks like neither the Arcane Trapsmith feat nor the Brilliant Rhetoric feature of the Devoted Orator paragon path currently do anything in terms of "hard" mechanics, which is to let the character use Intelligence with Thievery/Diplomacy , respectively, instead of the ability score they normally draw on. This probably is an oversight, because the LCB can do these things just fine – all that has to be done is add

Not an oversight. The reason is because Arcane Trapsmith only applies when using Thievery checks to disable traps or open locks. Not for any other purpose such as forgery or picking pockets.

Brilliant Rhetoric may be a different situation since it is unlimited in scope.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Not an oversight. The reason is because Arcane Trapsmith only applies when using Thievery checks to disable traps or open locks. Not for any other purpose such as forgery or picking pockets.
That is a very good point and I probably should not post about such things so early in the morning.

I can't think of a reason why Brilliant Rhetoric shouldn't be changed, though.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
When making a half-elf PC and taking the Reincarnated Champion epic destiny, I cannot choose Elf or Human as a Past Spirit. I am fairly certain this is due to the way the Half-Elf is coded but I don't know how to fix it.

Also, I am allowed to pick Elf and Human racial utility powers as a half-elf, when I am sure that I should not be able to do that....

EDIT: Also, the new races from Heroes of the Feywild do not appear as options in the Reincarnated Champion ED. Nor does the Hengeyokai.

Undrhil fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 6, 2012

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Undrhil posted:

When making a half-elf PC and taking the Reincarnated Champion epic destiny, I cannot choose Elf or Human as a Past Spirit. I am fairly certain this is due to the way the Half-Elf is coded but I don't know how to fix it.

Also, I am allowed to pick Elf and Human racial utility powers as a half-elf, when I am sure that I should not be able to do that....
Consider using my Dual Heritage fixes. They make that trait work as it should for both half-elves and muls, which is achieved by removing the CountsAsRace function and explicitly making the affected feats the only additional game elements they gain access to because of Dual Heritage, as they're supposed to by RAW. This means no more human/elf/dwarf backgrounds for half-elves and muls, no more Adroit Explorer paragon path, no more racial utilities from other races, and so on.

Note: I haven't worked on the above for some time now, and it's quite possible there have been new human/elf/dwarf feats in the meantime which it doesn't cover.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 6, 2012

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
Can I put this in any .part file at the end of the list or do I need to merge it into one or what?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Oh, yeah, it should go in a .part of its own at the end of the list. If the feats in 09-feats.part are somehow different from the versions I used at the time they'll be overwritten, of course, but being that this isn't getting "officially" implemented there's no real way around that.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
I named the file 41- plus the file name given when I downloaded it and it works great! Thanks bunched! :)

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011
Noticed that Elven Chain Shirt is set to grant a "Magic Item" bonus to AC, whereas it SHOULD be an "item" bonus. I don't think there's anything else (other than the Cloak of Displacement, but that's a conditional bonus) that adds an item bonus to AC, but this IS a problem for other items granting a "Magic Item" bonus; specifically, they'll end up stacking with OTHER items granting "item" bonuses, when they shouldn't.

For example, the Manual of Puissant Skill (+2 item bonus to skill checks) has its bonus set to "Magic Item", which will make it stack with the "Sanctuary's Poise" (+1 item bonus to Arcana, History, Nature, and Religion), which is set to "item".

Here's the list of items I found in 04-new-items.part that grant "Magic Item" bonuses:
Haunted Armor
Black Star Pendant
Armor of Scintillating Colors
Blending Armor
Gloaming Armor
Greater Armor of Eyes
Giantslayer Weapon
Mighty Dwarven Thrower
Warning Weapon
Symbol of the Sun
Orb of Relentless Sympathy
Rod of Beguiling
Staff of Command
Emerald Tome of the Devourer
Manual of Puissant Skill
Totem of Trailblazing
Apprentice's Wand
Wand of Fear
Hammer of Thunderbolts
Jacinth of Inestimable Beauty
The Shadowstaff
Shield of Prator
Zax, Cloak of Kings
Sneak's Cloak (+4 version ONLY)
Ring of Resourceful Wizardry
Ring of X-ray Vision
Diamond Cinvture
Elven Chain Shirt

Also of note, the Scarab of Death cursed item's penalty to saving throws is ALSO set to "magic item"; not only does the text NOT apply a type to this penalty, but penalties ALWAYS stack, unless they're from the "same named game element".

scpredmage fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 7, 2012

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I hate to revisit this, but I'm at a loss.

Greyhawk Fan posted:

That said, I highly suggest against it because it is a lot easier to use Campaign files instead. With campaign files you can disable sources and make new home-brewed options disappear entirely.

I really want to do this, but I can't figure out how. I'm going through a trial run with the KDM homebrew stuff, and I can't determine where the global campaign source is set; everything that's changed is still attributed to its printed source.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011

tzirean posted:

I hate to revisit this, but I'm at a loss.

I really want to do this, but I can't figure out how. I'm going through a trial run with the KDM homebrew stuff, and I can't determine where the global campaign source is set; everything that's changed is still attributed to its printed source.
If you go to Manage and click on Campaign Settings, you can uncheck individual sources.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

If you go to Manage and click on Campaign Settings, you can uncheck individual sources.

EDIT: Never mind, I got it to work now. Thanks, everyone!

disaster pastor fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 8, 2012

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
On the subject of Devout Protector Expertise: its conditional bonus should, I think, be rephrased, being that the feat no longer requires you to be using a melee weapon, holy symbol, or shield – it's simply an always-on bonus to weapon attacks with one-handed melee weapons and implement attacks using holy symbols now.

More importantly though, it looks like the conditional bonus doesn't scale correctly – it gets bumped up to +3 at level 11, and displays the same entry twice (at +3) at level 21. Taking both of the above into account, I'd thus suggest that the feat's Rules tag should be updated to look something like this:
pre:
<rules>
    <statadd name="Devout Protector Expertise" value="+1" />
    <statadd name="Devout Protector Expertise" value="+1" requires="Paragon Tier" />
    <statadd name="Devout Protector Expertise" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" />
    <statadd name="holy symbol implement,implement:attack" value="+Devout Protector Expertise" type="Feat" />
    <statadd name="attack rolls" value="+Devout Protector Expertise" type="Feat" condition="with weapon attacks using any one-handed melee weapon." />
</rules>

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

Taking both of the above into account, I'd thus suggest that the feat's Rules tag should be updated to look something like this:
pre:
<rules>
    <statadd name="Devout Protector Expertise" value="+1" />
    <statadd name="Devout Protector Expertise" value="+1" requires="Paragon Tier" />
    <statadd name="Devout Protector Expertise" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" />
    <statadd name="holy symbol implement,implement:attack" value="+Devout Protector Expertise" type="Feat" />
    <statadd name="attack rolls" value="+Devout Protector Expertise" type="Feat" condition="with weapon attacks using any one-handed melee weapon." />
</rules>
Actually, you don't have to have the one-handed weapon part be a conditional:
pre:
<statadd name="one-hand,weapon:attack" value="+Devout Protector Expertise" type="Feat" />

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

scpredmage posted:

Actually, you don't have to have the one-handed weapon part be a conditional:
That'll apply the bonus to one-handed weapons that aren't melee weapons (e.g. slings, hand crossbows) as well, though. As far as I'm aware there's no way of applying a bonus to one-handed melee weapons specifically, though I could perhaps think of a somewhat ugly workaround.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

That'll apply the bonus to one-handed weapons that aren't melee weapons (e.g. slings, hand crossbows) as well, though. As far as I'm aware there's no way of applying a bonus to one-handed melee weapons specifically, though I could perhaps think of a somewhat ugly workaround.
True enough. But THIS will make sure it limits it to melee attacks:
code:
<statadd name="one-hand,melee,weapon:attack" value="+Devout Protector Expertise" type="Feat" />
Granted, this makes sure the ATTACK is "melee", not the weapon. This means ranged attacks done with melee weapons with the light/heavy properties (such as daggers or javelins) won't get the bonus, which strictly speaking, they should.

You could put in individual elements to grant the bonus to ranged attacks made with each one-handed melee weapon with the light/heavy thrown properties...

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
So, has anyone picked up and started tackling Heroes of the ELemental Chaos or are we waiting for it to go live in the OCB?

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Undrhil posted:

So, has anyone picked up and started tackling Heroes of the ELemental Chaos or are we waiting for it to go live in the OCB?
I can't even get my hands on a copy of it yet...

Generic Fighter
Feb 18, 2011
Hey. Thanks for all the hard work.

I've got a bit of a Request. Any of you have the most recent Kobold Quarterly? Issue #20 I think. It has some 4E Racial Utility Powers that are pretty awesome. Would Love to have them in the CBL. It would be greatly appriciated:)

GF

Thelonious Funk
Jan 6, 2009

Twisted Fate ain't got shit on me.
Hey Generic Fighter, don't sign your posts.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

OP (that thing at the top of the page when you click "1" in the top right of the thread) posted:

NEW PEOPLE WHO POST IN THIS THREAD!: Welcome to SA. We're different than that hole in the internet where you're used to posting. Please don't sign posts. Please read the rules. Please for the love of all that's holy don't sign your posts.

Have I mentioned not signing posts? No? Don't do it.

I would consider coding this for you, but I don't have access to the source. Now before you go and provide it for us, let me quote whats immediately under that in the first post of the thread:

OP again posted:

:siren:New Rule of the Thread: don't link to stuff that someone would have to pay to get. That will get this thread closed down, and people can get banned for it.

So in order to code something like this we'd need to buy it, and therefore only somebody who has it can code it. I don't think many of us buy the Kobold Quarterly, but who knows, maybe you'll get lucky.

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011
Minor Quirk: The power "Poisonous Shuriken" (Assassin/Ninja At-Will Power) used to be a ranged power, but it's showing up as a melee power.

I don't know if this is an intentional change, or an accidental one, but figured I'd mention it.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Hey everybody, I'm trying to use the loader and am currently getting this issue: http://code.google.com/p/cbloader/issues/detail?id=81

According to that, there's a fix for it, but I don't know how to implement it. Could anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks in advance! :)

joatmaos
Nov 26, 2010
1st page 2nd post

Hard Patch Mode

If you are having trouble getting any mods to show up, try this method. Navigate to your character builder folder using the command prompt (Windows key+R, type in cmd.exe. use cd.. and cd [FOLDER NAME] to get to C:\Program Files\Wizards of the Coast\ Character Builder\etc) and type `cbloader.exe -p` this will create a 'hard' patch of your character builder, causing it to always use your custom file no matter how it is launched. This can be useful if you are having trouble having your changes show up in regular mode, specifically if the command prompt does not disapear when character builder loads, and you receive an error about a pipeline after you close character builder.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

joatmaos posted:

1st page 2nd post

Hard Patch Mode

If you are having trouble getting any mods to show up, try this method. Navigate to your character builder folder using the command prompt (Windows key+R, type in cmd.exe. use cd.. and cd [FOLDER NAME] to get to C:\Program Files\Wizards of the Coast\ Character Builder\etc) and type `cbloader.exe -p` this will create a 'hard' patch of your character builder, causing it to always use your custom file no matter how it is launched. This can be useful if you are having trouble having your changes show up in regular mode, specifically if the command prompt does not disapear when character builder loads, and you receive an error about a pipeline after you close character builder.

Coulda swore I saw this before...dunno how I forgot about it.

Anyway, I did that, but then a second error pops up (this same error occurred before actually): C++ Runtime Error 6034. It appears that I'd need to debug the program. How would I go about that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Wondering if anyone else is getting this - when taking the Infernal Prince theme, the sheet doesn't update with the bonuses to Diplomacy and Bluff.

• Locked thread