Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Lyer posted:

That's really depressing. I really do hope poo poo changes for them.

In hindsight, one of the bad things about the IY change is HyunA disappearing from variety TV. I mean you can see Sunny/Yuri all the time and Hara to an extent, but the others you only really get tidbits of news info on.

4Minute's been doing promotions in Japan, so they haven't really been in the country to show up on a lot of variety shows. They're scheduled for a comeback this month, and I think that also means they'll be back in Korea for a while, so you should see them on TV a bit more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.

qbert posted:

http://www.youtube.com/taenacity

He's subbed the first 4 episodes. Eps 5-7 can be found on kshownow.net.

Thank you.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

sharktamer posted:

About the JiHyo dating news, I really don't think it's going to change much in the long run. I hope they don't completely gloss over it in the show, it could add a great new element to the Monday couple.

I do agree the best thing would be to really play around with the joke, make it utterly ridiculous and not serious at all. Although I have a feeling they'll just make a joke about it in the beginning segment of the show and then never mention/show the Monday Couple thing again. :smith: Either way, I don't see it continuing on as it has been.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Episode 18:
Guests: None.

1 2 3 4

Lizzy’s back again, and this time she’s no longer a guest but a regular cast member. I need to find those patches Gary has, I get horribly seasick on boats like this. It’s a pretty impressive and interesting location this week, though.

Another 1 vs. X game, only this time the odd person out hasn’t been decided in advance, and which also means we don’t get told who they are either, and you can play along at home. So we have the singing task, and apparently the punishers from Downtown’s new year’s batsu games secret identities are revealed. Anyone guess the criminal’s identity?

Next up, it’s the Love Boat, and a game that ends up being similar to the hitting on Ji-Hyo task from a while back, with the imagined romantic skits. And we have the introduction of two more recurring characters, Haroro, and that envy of men and idol of women that is Yoo Hyuk (gifs of whom I’m sure would be very welcome). Jong-Kook’s incredibly practical confession (plus the fact that Lizzy actually goes along with it) is very funny.

Last up we have the hide-and-seek game, and if doing it on a boat wasn’t interesting enough, we have the game start immediately in the morning. Also, pirate magic. It’s the first chance to we get to see that some of the members really don’t do mornings. Haha and Gary immediately being caught in their own trap, and then Lizzy ignoring them to grab the map piece was great. The jail crew once again pooling their talents in order to neutralize Jong-Kook is testament to how much he’s feared by this point, especially since it ends up not working and if they’d held him only a little bit longer..

Finally, as punishment, they have to meet a Texan.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.

Revenant Threshold posted:

Anyone guess the criminal’s identity?

Right up until the reveal I thought that there was no criminal, thinking I'd outfoxed the production team only to be outoutfoxed by their lack of outfoxing. That's also pretty much the last thing I remember of the episode because whisky and paying attention don't mix. Actually, that's not true. I remember everything being about five times as funny, I just don't remember why everything was so hilarious. I may have to watch it again in the future

Lizzy's pretty but I also get the impression she's really cunning and calculating, which I don't like. Or at least, what I generally like about the part of Korean pop culture I've been exposed to is that it all seems so frank and sincere. I obviously realize they're all doing their best to project an image that is as perfect as possible*, but it usually still doesn't seem fake or artificial, somehow. With Lizzy it does. She sometimes accidentally drops her mask and you can see she's thinking through a lot of poo poo five steps ahead of everyone else and then she becomes self-aware again and the smile pops back on and she falls back into the matrix. She nearly tricked me too with the talking to a machine as if it were a person in the disaster center episode, but I'm hip to her tricks.

*Take Sunny and Seohyun, for example. Sunny is also pretty loving tricksy but can hide it really well, especially when (she knows) there are cameras nearby. Seohyun on the other hand is either even better at it (unlikely) or actually is the person she's portrayed as, which is (partly) why I like her so much. I haven't yet figured out why I like Sunny so much more than Lizzy, because she basically does exactly the same things. Maybe it's because she's better at it, or maybe it's because I know she reads. I don't know. Further study is required.

reflir fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 2, 2012

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I'm finding in watching these back that my impression of Lizzy is actually improving, pretty much for the same reason you don't really like her. It's interesting that, occasionally, the curtain drops and you get to see the cogs turning. Possibly it's the old double-bluff, and even that is fake, but it does seem more interesting to me than a perfect adherence to image (though i'd agree with you about Seohyun, assuming she is as she appears).

Oh, and as far as the criminal went, I assumed somewhat similarly to you, that EVERYONE had been selected as a criminal, with the true task being to realise this. But nope, they were just that terrible.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Man, this show's editing rules. The camera work at 12:40 in part 4 is so good.

And the next episode is really good, both the preliminary game and the hide and seek.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

YOO HYUK! YOO HYUK! YOO HYUK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_JWJNsweq4

Out of all the running jokes they've come up with so far (Monday couple, Kwang Soo framing, KJK & the kids), this one is the best one. Having "Step by Step" as the theme song and the CGI stuff combined with the ridiculous dancing easily makes this the highlight of the episode. I think the point about Lizzy being calculating shows up here, you know when YJS was doing the dance moves she was thinking about pulling out the chair from under him to make a joke.

I was torn between Joong Ki and Jihyo as the criminals. In the past eps Joong Ki seemed to be really capable, so that's what made me suspicious of him. Jihyo was known to screw up now and then, so it seemed plausible. I was silently hoping for a Suk Jin/YJS masterstroke and having one of them be the criminal.

Regarding Seohyun, I think she's too weird for it not to be genuine. I'm sure in private she's not as calm and collected, but she probably is the same person you see. I think Sunny is basically the same person in general, except she exaggerates it a bit for tv. I don't think she's hiding anything, just playing up her personality a bit. That's why I liked IY1 so much, when you combined Shinyoung and the periods of work, you could see pieces of the non-idol person come out more often.

E: I think Sunny is better than Lizzy simply because Sunny is actually funny/entertaining by herself, Lizzy is just...there.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 2, 2012

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world
Erm, translation error that I feel like makes you guys miss out on the main point of a joke.

Gwangsoo's confession to Jihyo on the Loveboat (Part 2, ~13min) should actually say "I'm pregnant / I have your kid" instead of "I'm just a kid".

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Archer2338 posted:

Erm, translation error that I feel like makes you guys miss out on the main point of a joke.

Gwangsoo's confession to Jihyo on the Loveboat (Part 2, ~13min) should actually say "I'm pregnant / I have your kid" instead of "I'm just a kid".
I wondered about that one, to be honest.I mean, it does still make sense as a joke, but I didn't think it worked as well as they obviously did.

Speaking of, how well would you say i-Subs generally are at these translations? They're my preferred source, but now that we're a good few episodes in i'd be interested to know how accurate they generally are. And corrections are always welcome.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Lyer posted:

YOO HYUK! YOO HYUK! YOO HYUK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_JWJNsweq4

Out of all the running jokes they've come up with so far (Monday couple, Kwang Soo framing, KJK & the kids), this one is the best one.

Yeah, it's my favourite running joke too. Best bit is how he made everyone play along with it, they way they over-act is hilarious.

I really enjoyed the new episode, really pleased that Suk Jin got to be the marvellous bastard (and actually came close to pulling it off). I think I've decided recently, after the recent episodes and re-watching the early ones, that he's actually my second favourite member (after Jae Suk of course). It's so fun to root for him to actually do something, even if it rarely happens.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I am halfway through the second episode, and god, I love the photograph game.

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009
Did anyone else feel like Joong-Ki didn't really understand the 1 vs. X game? I get the feeling that he was trying to make himself appear as the criminal, so that everyone would pick him, leaving him as the one to pick Ji-Hyo and claim the running ball for himself. The problem with that of course though was it was a group effort.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Fuoco posted:

Did anyone else feel like Joong-Ki didn't really understand the 1 vs. X game? I get the feeling that he was trying to make himself appear as the criminal, so that everyone would pick him, leaving him as the one to pick Ji-Hyo and claim the running ball for himself. The problem with that of course though was it was a group effort.
I don't think so, for the same reason I didn't believe he was the criminal - he and a couple of others when mistakes were made picked a different song the second go around, which meant that someone else could use the first one they'd picked. If they were the criminal, or pretending to be the criminal, they'd have made sure to choose the same song (if they sang) so as not to give anyone else any clues.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So I'm a bit ahead (ep 30) and they've changed the format a bit. Do they ever go back and revisit some of the older challenges? The group photo, tea time, thief game? The thief game I think could have gone on for a few more eps before getting stale. Do they ever go back to showing who wins the lottery to escape punishment? That's one of the few things I don't really like about this new format, I miss seeing the agony on the faces of the losers.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Lyer posted:

So I'm a bit ahead (ep 30) and they've changed the format a bit. Do they ever go back and revisit some of the older challenges? The group photo, tea time, thief game? The thief game I think could have gone on for a few more eps before getting stale. Do they ever go back to showing who wins the lottery to escape punishment? That's one of the few things I don't really like about this new format, I miss seeing the agony on the faces of the losers.

Group photo they do one more time in a future ep, tea time no, thief game no. Lottery pretty much no.

Bigger spoiler so I'm putting this separately they end up getting rid of punishments altogether after like ep 42.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

qbert posted:

Group photo they do one more time in a future ep, tea time no, thief game no. Lottery pretty much no.

Bigger spoiler so I'm putting this separately they end up getting rid of punishments altogether after like ep 42.

That's a shame to hear, those really were some of the better segments they had. Hopefully they'll make a return to it once the new format gets flipped again. I'm not too broken up about ending the punishments though, since the best part of it was watching the lottery. Also when they stopped doing the drawing on the faces wearing hot pants, it hasn't really felt like a lot was at stake.

E:VVV I don't have a favorite cast member anymore because all of them are comedy gold. They're all so drat likable.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 3, 2012

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I'll prob post some more gifs from the ep later but I had to post this one now because

HaHa owns. Harorowns

Selane
May 19, 2006

Famous TV Dad posted:

HaHa owns. Harorowns

You're gonna love the next episode.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Speaking of.

Episode 19:
Guests: Nichkhun (2nd App.)

1 Huh, on preview, that looks a little lonely.

Running Man, the period drama. I too could tell that Gwang-Soo was a villain simply based on the hairstyle (well, that and the clothes). I’m afraid I’m not well versed enough in Korean history to be able to tell, but this location screams “prime school trip location” to me.

Anyway, it’s another 1 vs. X to start us off, with a quiz battle against Haha on his own base of knowledge, leading to much confidence on the part of the other members and a return of the blowing mics. Haha understanding that his general knowledge isn’t up to par with the others, and so playing as dirty as possible with his questions was hilariously unexpected, as was them correctly predicting he would pose a Bob Marley question. We then have a traditional Korean cookery challenge, with some non-Korean judges. I have no idea who any of these people are beyond apparently being bloggers in Korea, so if they have some other claim to fame, feel free to inform me. I have to say, as a foreigner, I love soup dishes, but maybe that’s just me. The random sound cue for that poor octopus made me burst out laughing, though I couldn’t explain why it was so funny. I confess I don’t know really anything about traditional Korean foods, but the Blue team’s dish also resembles a traditional British stew, and therefore I can entirely understand the meat tasting terrible and being chewy. Also I believe I can for once spot a translation mistake myself; anyone else catch it?

Last up is hide-and-seek, with the special twist this week that Jong-Kook comprises the chasing team by himself, and the venue is a pretty small one with not a vast amount of obvious hiding places. There’s also a return of the alarms behind the mission targets. Joong-Ki very nearly getting away with his terrible hiding place was great, as was Haha (and to a lesser extent, Gary) figuring out that betrayal was in his best interests. It’s also the first time that the members (in this case, Jae-Suk) attempt to escape notice by pretending to be part of the crew, with the team’s complaints about his VJ making it obvious.

More hot pants punishment, only this time they’re offering free hugs, as well. Still, I think Gwang-Soo probably has it worst.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I've been going through the show pretty rapidly, and as I'm approaching the current episodes (just watched episode 69) I've started to check out other similar shows. I have a question though, are the DDD Infinity Challenge subs anywhere near as comprehensive as iSubs Running Man subs (thankfully) are? So far I've watched episode 1 of Family Outing and the first money bag episode of Infinity Challenge (non-DDD subbed), and they both had terribly lacking subs. Family Outing's first episode had some of the most lacking subbing I've seen, which combined with the seemingly aimless first game really turned me off watching more. The IC episode had a bit more comprehensive subs, although they seemed randomly lacking (one scene even on-screen text is subbed, another key lines of dialogue goes unsubbed) and were poorly timed. Added to the lack of familiarity with the members (except JS) what with the episode number being well into the triple digits I wasn't very invested, although the format looked more fun than Family Outing. Since DDD only provide softsubs, acquiring the episodes seems like more trouble than it's worth if the sub quality isn't pretty good.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Insurrectionist posted:

I've been going through the show pretty rapidly, and as I'm approaching the current episodes (just watched episode 69) I've started to check out other similar shows. I have a question though, are the DDD Infinity Challenge subs anywhere near as comprehensive as iSubs Running Man subs (thankfully) are? So far I've watched episode 1 of Family Outing and the first money bag episode of Infinity Challenge (non-DDD subbed), and they both had terribly lacking subs. Family Outing's first episode had some of the most lacking subbing I've seen, which combined with the seemingly aimless first game really turned me off watching more. The IC episode had a bit more comprehensive subs, although they seemed randomly lacking (one scene even on-screen text is subbed, another key lines of dialogue goes unsubbed) and were poorly timed. Added to the lack of familiarity with the members (except JS) what with the episode number being well into the triple digits I wasn't very invested, although the format looked more fun than Family Outing. Since DDD only provide softsubs, acquiring the episodes seems like more trouble than it's worth if the sub quality isn't pretty good.

DDD subs are very good, and I'd rate them almost as good as iSubs. Money Bag episodes were sadly not subbed by them, however, so they can't be blamed for that one.

The first few episodes of Family Outing were not subbed by iSubs, but they eventually take up the mantle. Family Outing's a great show, but obviously your taste may vary.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
One of the best things about the catch the guest challenges is Suk Jin strictly unmasking females and then literally commenting on their beauty every single time. When they give him the pink rosy cheeks I loving lose it, every time.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

qbert posted:

DDD subs are very good, and I'd rate them almost as good as iSubs. Money Bag episodes were sadly not subbed by them, however, so they can't be blamed for that one.

The first few episodes of Family Outing were not subbed by iSubs, but they eventually take up the mantle. Family Outing's a great show, but obviously your taste may vary.

Ok, sounds cool. I'll probably try an iSubs episode of Family Outing before giving up on it and get ready to search for IC raws then.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Revenant Threshold posted:

I confess I don’t know really anything about traditional Korean foods, but the Blue team’s dish also resembles a traditional British stew, and therefore I can entirely understand the meat tasting terrible and being chewy.

Not sure if that was a comment on the quality of the average British stew, but from my own experience I groaned when I saw what they were doing, because I knew they wouldn't have enough time. It takes at least a full hour before the beef might be reasonably edible, preferably quite a bit longer.

And I laughed at "Normally, foreigners don't really like soup dishes!" - I always find it interesting to see what other cultures stereotype ours as.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Lyer posted:

That's a shame to hear, those really were some of the better segments they had. Hopefully they'll make a return to it once the new format gets flipped again. I'm not too broken up about ending the punishments though, since the best part of it was watching the lottery. Also when they stopped doing the drawing on the faces wearing hot pants, it hasn't really felt like a lot was at stake.

E:VVV I don't have a favorite cast member anymore because all of them are comedy gold. They're all so drat likable.

Do you know if the new format gets flipped again? Because I'm around episode 60 and I haven't seen much of a format change in terms of Punishment, Thief Game or the like. On an aside, I think they stopped the Thief Game because everyone who dealt the cards got the Thief Card at the end and it kinda freaked them out.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Oh I don't know, I was just postulating since they seem to swap it up fairly often.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
YouTube recommended a video to me a few days ago that was two people dissecting and reviewing K-Pop videos. They looked VERY familiar, and then I realized they were the couple in this episode from the tasting challenge.

I both love and hate how everyone on the show cheats. Love it, because it's great. Hate it, because they do it so badly. HaHa was smart to betray the hiding team to guarantee his win, but then he acts so overly suspicious and gives himself away and ends up not being of any real help. Jae-Suk's hiding in plain sight was much better this time though, and once again hilarious.

And you gotta love them trying to communicate in English with the tasters. I almost wonder if that's the main reason Nickhun was in this episode, because he didn't do much else in it.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Jamesman posted:

I both love and hate how everyone on the show cheats.

The only time I've been annoyed a bit by the cheating was during the (mid-30's episodes spoiler incoming) two-parter in the mid 30's at the camping ground. The two teams are having a cook off and it's obvious that the Jae Suk team's chicken stew tastes completely bland early on. To add to that they don't have proper seasoning because they screwed up during the shopping segment. What they do have is some broth (or what I think was broth) that Jae Suk bought that they weren't supposed to use. Of course, they sneak it in and instantly their stew tastes fantastic and they end up dominating the other team. It was just a lovely ending to what had been a pretty good contest.

I'll admit, though, that that specific two-parter was intensely boring once the "Ji Hyo chooses her team" segment was over. It really didn't have the content to properly fill two episodes, and trimming the opening segment really wasn't an option.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

DFu4ever posted:

I'll admit, though, that that specific two-parter was intensely boring once the "Ji Hyo chooses her team" segment was over. It really didn't have the content to properly fill two episodes, and trimming the opening segment really wasn't an option.

The hide and seek segment was pretty good I think, lots of cool near misses and escapes.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

DFu4ever posted:

The only time I've been annoyed a bit by the cheating was during the (mid-30's episodes spoiler incoming) two-parter in the mid 30's at the camping ground. The two teams are having a cook off and it's obvious that the Jae Suk team's chicken stew tastes completely bland early on. To add to that they don't have proper seasoning because they screwed up during the shopping segment. What they do have is some broth (or what I think was broth) that Jae Suk bought that they weren't supposed to use. Of course, they sneak it in and instantly their stew tastes fantastic and they end up dominating the other team. It was just a lovely ending to what had been a pretty good contest.

That whole cheating incident ended up being a whole big misconception in my mind. Jae Suk putting the soup broth in was actually a callback to Family Outing. The guest for those two episodes was Daesung, who was a regular on Family Outing, hence him and Jae Suk reverting to their "dumb and dumber" persona. Many of the crew on RM previously worked on Family Outing. On FO, every time they had to cook dinner and the soup ended up tasting crappy, they would resort to secretly putting in pre-made soup broth. It was a nod to the show that anyone who was a fan of FO would've caught pretty quickly.

Edit: And the biggest cheating infraction in my opinion was definitely EP 56 when Haha got the RM announcer to say "Haha, OUT!" over the loudspeaker, thus leading the Monday Couple to believe they had won, only for them to get surprise attacked at the end and lose.

qbert fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Feb 4, 2012

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009
Here are the blogs of the judges if anyone's interested:
Joe McPherson - Zen Kimchi
Simon & Martina - Eat Your Kimchi
Jennifer - Fatman Seoul
Rob - Roboseyo

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world

qbert posted:

That whole cheating incident ended up being a whole big misconception in my mind. Jae Suk putting the soup broth in was actually a callback to Family Outing. The guest for those two episodes was Daesung, who was a regular on Family Outing, hence him and Jae Suk reverting to their "dumb and dumber" persona. Many of the crew on RM previously worked on Family Outing. On FO, every time they had to cook dinner and the soup ended up tasting crappy, they would resort to secretly putting in pre-made soup broth. It was a nod to the show that anyone who was a fan of FO would've caught pretty quickly.

Edit: And the biggest cheating infraction in my opinion was definitely EP 56 when Haha got the RM announcer to say "Haha, OUT!" over the loudspeaker, thus leading the Monday Couple to believe they had won, only for them to get surprise attacked at the end and lose.
Eh, my memory might be failing me, but didn't they just put up putting ramen soup power in? I always thought it was fine because it's not like he put in pre-made beef broth or something, he just put in some ramen soup powder :v: Correct me if I'm wrong tho

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The Production Crew saw the product before they put it in and told them that they couldn't use it though.

As for HaHa getting the Maknae FD to call him out was brilliant because no one could have expected it though.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

I'm currently watching through Family Outing. I highly suggest giving it a watch as it's just as good as RM, in my opinion. Would have been awesome if Hyori or Daesung came over as a permanent member.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

The_White_Crane posted:

Not sure if that was a comment on the quality of the average British stew, but from my own experience I groaned when I saw what they were doing, because I knew they wouldn't have enough time. It takes at least a full hour before the beef might be reasonably edible, preferably quite a bit longer.
A bit of both, really. While i'm sure there are lovely stews over here if cooked well, the old joke about British food is "put everything into a pot, cook until grey".

quote:

And I laughed at "Normally, foreigners don't really like soup dishes!" - I always find it interesting to see what other cultures stereotype ours as.
Korea is one of those rare places that we've neither conquered not had conquered us at some point in our history, so I suspect we're just lumped in with America as far as stereotypes go.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

qbert posted:

That whole cheating incident ended up being a whole big misconception in my mind. Jae Suk putting the soup broth in was actually a callback to Family Outing.
I personally loved this part. Especially where Jae Suk looks directly into the camera: "Are you watching Jong Shin hyung? Today hyung has also used the soup mix! *gigantic grin*"

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Episode 20:
Guests: Kim Heechul (Idol, Super Junior)

1 2 3 4

Another seemingly uninteresting location makes for a great episode. Again we start off with mention of a 1 vs. X game, but Jae-Suk has thoroughly rumbled the others; too bad that’s not the objective this time. Nor is it immediate.

First up is a blue screen game, and the codifying of seum dwa as another running gag, if a forced one. I’ve come to expect strange music choices occasionally on this show (and IY, for that matter), but I can’t say I expected the theme from Joe 90. The choice to make it just one member of each team who’ll win changes what would probably be a normal though funny game into a massacre of everyone trying to sabotage their teammates, physical violence, water, and Yoo Hyuk.

The 1 vs. X game comes up now, and it’s a pretty awesome one, with Jae-Suk interrogated by the rest of the members and only being allowed to lie thrice. Lie detectors being pretty much bullshit really doesn’t detract at all from this segment. They also get Suk-Jin and Ji-Hyo in to pre-test it, and basically the whole thing is designed and succeeds to get everyone bickering and not pulling many punches in their questions, but in the end Jae-Suk comes off as a pretty decent guy, which I can well believe. Everyone else being alternately frustrated and moved by his honesty pretty much makes this game. And if you’re interested, 200 million won is apparently about $175,000.

More hide-and-seek next, and another usefully varied office location. I’m guessing in Korea there’s no superstition about opening umbrellas indoors. I liked Ji-Hyo walking away from Haha’s movie scene only to get immediately tackled by the waiting Gary, not that it helped him. Likewise the jail members getting caught trying to get in on the chasing team’s frequency. I have to say, I wasn’t that bothered by Kim Heechul in this episode, but to be fair to the guy, he actually looked pretty ill at times.

Next time; the team of Jong-Kook and Ji-Hyo.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Korean shows have some of the best editing I've ever seen. The finale of the hide-and-seek game was just brilliantly put together to be both suspenseful and hilarious.

Not to mention Kwangsoo vs Jong-Kook. God drat, that was beautiful, and I would totally understand if it turned out Kwangsoo pissed his pants from that or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

So I totally just realized this in hindsight, but one of the later episodes of Running Man was actually a promotion for City Hunter. :monocle: