Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Frilled Lizard posted:

Overreem ate another horse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I've never heard the phrase "yum rockets" used before, and I found it delightful

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
John Cena was using gay jokes on the Miz and Riley in their feud LESS THAN A YEAR AGO.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

TL posted:

I've never heard the phrase "yum rockets" used before, and I found it delightful

As someone from England I just assumed it was some sort of tasty American treat called Yum Rockets and was calling him a child.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Require More Fire posted:

John Cena was using gay jokes on the Miz and Riley in their feud LESS THAN A YEAR AGO.

I'd rather Cena call him out than be all "eh whatever".

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

TL posted:

The funniest thing about that phrase is that JR retweeted it.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I legit laughed at the Cena tweet.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Require More Fire posted:

And blocking people who called him out on it.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
That was a serious place for Cena to go. It seems like the current WWE guys (Cena included) really resent the Rock.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Cena recently owned up to his past use of gay jokes and apologized for them. And not like "I apologize if I offended anyone," he outright said they were wrong and he was sorry. It was probably partially because of GLAAD, but I'm going to be an optimist and think he's also being sincere.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 3, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Cena recently owned up to his past use of gay jokes and apologized for them. And not like "I apologize if I offended anyone," he outright said they were wrong and he was sorry. It was probably partially because of GLAAD, but I'm going to be an optimist and say he's also being sincere.

Given that Cena has always come off as a standup guy, I'll co-sign on your optimism. Plus, he's probably seen Rocky IV, where we all learned that if Rocky can change, and Russia can change, then everybody can change!

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Given that Cena has always come off as a standup guy, I'll co-sign on your optimism. Plus, he's probably seen Rocky IV, where we all learned that if Rocky can change, and Russia can change, then everybody can change!

When Cena's on we all change the channel

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PunkBoy posted:

Cena recently owned up to his past use of gay jokes and apologized for them. And not like "I apologize if I offended anyone," he outright said they were wrong and he was sorry. It was probably partially because of GLAAD, but I'm going to be an optimist and think he's also being sincere.

Yea I hate Super Cena as much as anyone but considering most all stories about him are 'yea he's a pretty drat good guy behind the scenes' I'm willing to believe when GLAAD got onto him he realized 'ok poo poo these jokes aren't funny and they hurt people, I'll stop', mainly because his apology was a legit admission of fault rather than 'sorry if I offend you'.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

I hadn't heard that. Interesting. Got a link?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

tzirean posted:

I hadn't heard that. Interesting. Got a link?

Unfortunately that requires me to go back through all of his past tweets, so uh, give me a bit, haha. In any case it would be good for me to find it myself just so I know I'm not misremembering something.

Okay, here's what I found. From August 5th/6th

A fan posted:

@JohnCena you think the rock is gay?

John Cena posted:

That is the last one I will answer because of how ridiculous it is. My answer. Why should it matter?

Another fan posted:

@JohnCena shall we take that last tweet as a diplomatic "yes"?

John Cena posted:

No take it as is. Why should a persons sexuality matter? He is a great entertainer. I will admit. I have made some mistakes in the past...But I now realize that it shouldn't matter what race creed color sexual preference age u are. If your good. You're good. Trying to pick....Something like that as a persons flaw is about the most ignorant thing that can be done. Don't be that person. Step your game up.So it IS what it IS. Gay or straight. To quote "Dwayne", "it doesn't matter!"

Yet another fan posted:

@JohnCena So is that you admitting that your jokes of calling folks gay,fat,and whores were out of line?

John Cena posted:

Absolutely. I cannot unsay what I have said, but I can admit it is wrong, and use whatever outlets I have to send a more positive message

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 4, 2012

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MisterGBH posted:

As someone from England I just assumed it was some sort of tasty American treat called Yum Rockets and was calling him a child.

I'm American and I took it the same way. There's nothing called Yum Rockets that I'm aware of but I just took it as something a kid would eat.

Although the phrase does make me giggle like a child.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hell as a gay american my first thought was it was some name for rocket-pops or something.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

PunkBoy posted:

Absolutely. I cannot unsay what I have said, but I can admit it is wrong, and use whatever outlets I have to send a more positive message

If only we could also reprogram RoboCena to understand the human emotion of "selling".

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Fair enough. I'm impressed for now.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
I know not what course others may take, but I am going to hide under my bed until I know it is safe.

Steve Blackman posted:

I'm drunk. Who's with me?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Steve Austin posted:

@RealDDP coming over to watch UFC 143...if he busts out the yoga, I'm stunning his rear end and throwing him through the TV... #staytuned

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

whatsabattle posted:

I know not what course others may take, but I am going to hide under my bed until I know it is safe.
A night on the town with Steve Blackman would be absolutely terrifying. It'd be like Nice Pete's van trip in Achewood.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would pay anything to just sit in a house and watch UFC with Stone Cold and DDP

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would pay anything to just sit in a house and watch UFC with Stone Cold and DDP

That would be the best "hang out with a celebrity" auction of all time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The only rule would be no cookies.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

DannoMack posted:

That was a serious place for Cena to go. It seems like the current WWE guys (Cena included) really resent the Rock.

Yeah but for every (from what we know) decent guy like Cena you have jealous assholes like HHH and the usual crazies and imbalanced people drawn to the business.

One thing I've learned from Benoit, Hall, etc is the industry is full of all sorts of weird personal stories and I can't resent Rock for getting out. I'm hoping Jericho is doing his "putting guys over" finale run right now (he made Sheamus look surprisingly competent at the Rumble) and gets out.

Not that Jericho will ever be Rock popular, but he has the looks and charisma to host a Craig Ferguson / Conan style show or something.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 5, 2012

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Craptacular! posted:

Yeah but for every (from what we know) decent guy like Cena you have jealous assholes like HHH and the usual crazies and imbalanced people drawn to the business.

One thing I've learned from Benoit, Hall, etc is the industry is full of all sorts of weird personal stories and I can't resent Rock for getting out. I'm hoping Jericho is doing his "putting guys over" finale run right now (he made Sheamus look surprisingly competent at the Rumble) and gets out.

Not that Jericho will ever be Rock popular, but he has the looks and charisma to host a Craig Ferguson / Conan style show or something.

He tried being a tv host it failed.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

bobkatt013 posted:

He tried being a tv host it failed.

If nothing else, Canadian networks are always looking for ways to meet their government mandate for original programming. Jericho was hosting a really stupid conveyor belt game show, but by the standards of George Strombolopolis or whatever he can probably draw a good enough rating and maybe get exported to US markets.

Beats physically getting beaten down in a never ending travelling sideshow as an aging father of three.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Craptacular! posted:

Jericho was hosting a really stupid conveyor belt game show,

"Chris Jericho Drops poo poo Off a Roof" owned, sir. :colbert:

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

Saul Goode posted:

If only we could also reprogram RoboCena to understand the human emotion of "selling".
John Cena can't sell it if it's not 100% cotton.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Aesop Poprock posted:

A night on the town with Steve Blackman would be absolutely terrifying. It'd be like Nice Pete's van trip in Achewood.

Although I would like to see his USB web-enabled Kendo Stick device.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

smashpro1 posted:

"Chris Jericho Drops poo poo Off a Roof" owned, sir. :colbert:

Smashpro knows what's up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That's really cool of The Rock to do that for Roode. I'd love it if Roode got a WWE job and actually went somewhere.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That's really cool of The Rock to do that for Roode. I'd love it if Roode got a WWE job and actually went somewhere.
He just went to England!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Roode is a very good Oldschool heel, and works well with James Storm. Bobby is so much like Triple H that he probably won't go far in the WWE, and even if they bring over Beer Money, I don't see Tag Team wrestling doing well, either.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How long until Roode is "The Rock's favorite TNA wrestler" or something during Impact commentary?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Poor AJ :smith:

AJ Lee posted:

Also getting tired of this happening:
Dude:"Why are you wearing a neckbrace?"
Me: "Well, I'm a wrestler..."
Dude: (hysterical laughter)
Me: "No, seriously. I'm a wrestler."
Dude: "But you're so small. Don't you get hurt?"
Me: "I'm wearing a neckbrace."

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

John Laurinaitis posted:

Hey @WWEUniverse, show you support me as #Raw's GM by tuning in to the #SuperBowl. Watching the game is a vote for Big Johnny!

Anything for Big Johnny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Flameingblack posted:

Roode is a very good Oldschool heel, and works well with James Storm. Bobby is so much like Triple H that he probably won't go far in the WWE, and even if they bring over Beer Money, I don't see Tag Team wrestling doing well, either.

Yea, he rules but coming to WWE means he'd be seen as HHH part 2 and thus regulated to either being Hunter's toady or just being in the background, neither are a very good path for him right now.