Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
This Ken Cole guy from Direct TV is getting annoying with the memos to Nick and Art to stay with the format and talk about sports more. When will these guys learn? How many people that listen to the show are actually tuning in to hear about sports? Not me, and I'm sure that goes for the majority of the fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

porkfriedrice posted:

This Ken Cole guy from Direct TV is getting annoying with the memos to Nick and Art to stay with the format and talk about sports more. When will these guys learn? How many people that listen to the show are actually tuning in to hear about sports? Not me, and I'm sure that goes for the majority of the fans.

So figure out who Ken Cole's boss is and post their email in the thread and we will email in and tell him to reign in Ken and have him quit producing the show to death (as contacting Cole directly will accomplish nothing).

Let talent do what it does and a good product will (typically) result. I cannot tell you the number of creative people and projects that I know personally that have been kneecapped and outright killed by 'notes' from 'suits'. If you are so bloody good, you host the show; oh yeah that's right you can't because you are horrible.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 2, 2012

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Are there still no recaps of Nick and Artie like that marksfriggin.com site which recaps Howard Stern? I don't have 3 hours of day to listen to the radio. How do we know if we're missing something good? I'll usually listen to about 20 minutes a day on my ipod while I'm at the gym or something. A lot of it's pretty funny, but whenever it's serious football or baseball talk I immediately get bored and turn it off.

I liked when they were talking about Foghorn Leghorn about a month ago and that time Artie got angry as the topic of a 100 year old marathon runner was discussed. I'm glad I was listening then. I wish I could remember what day those were from.

If anyone catches an exceptionally funny hour or 10 minutes from them, post about it.

porkfriedrice posted:

Sports talk is totally the weak point of the show. I don't even know who they're talking about half the time. Then again.. I'm someone that doesn't even know who's in the superbowl this year.

After the superbowl, will that be the end of football/baseball talk for a few months? Please god.

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 2, 2012

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Indolent Bastard posted:

So figure out who Ken Cole's boss is and post their email in the thread and we will email in and tell him to reign in Ken and have him quit producing the show to death (as contacting Cole directly will accomplish nothing).

We really need to do this because these format types are incompetent morons.

"Dear Pig Virus,"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I rarely care about the super bowl but I'm super emotionally invested in it this year because I want Artie to be able to troll Nick if the Patriots lose so loving bad.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah, keep it all in this thread. Two low-content shows combine to create one, almost-thread-worthy subject.

Which will happen first?
1) Howard is fired from AGT
2) AGT is cancelled

CortezFantastic posted:

I predict this will be the last season of this stupid show.

Yeah, I don't see this show going much farther. With Cowell 'firing' people from another musical show and Glee starting to get some negative press, the whole 'American Idol' thing has pretty much ran its course. Unless Howard is awesome at this show, it's pretty much toast. On the bright side for Howard, it means he might have the better part of a year of show content that he'll use instead of doing anything creative.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Sports talk is totally the weak point of the show. I don't even know who they're talking about half the time. Then again.. I'm someone that doesn't even know who's in the superbowl this year.

I liked monday's show where they apparently did a show from some sports bar in the mid west? It was a wonderful train wreck. Artie was talking about smack and coke and hookers and gay guys and everything but football to a crowd that gathered just to watch football.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

qbert posted:

Does anyone know if they posted the sound byte contest entries anywhere to listen to? Some of them actually sounded pretty catchy, particularly the one that won.

I think this is the winner right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcAgKopGjMk

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

I liked monday's show where they apparently did a show from some sports bar in the mid west? It was a wonderful train wreck. Artie was talking about smack and coke and hookers and gay guys and everything but football to a crowd that gathered just to watch football.

They're there all week in Indianapolis. Scotty's BrewHouse

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Kelly posted:

Can we fix the grammar in the title too? It kills me to look at it.

what grammar?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

AxeManiac posted:

Don't coke and pepsi sponsor most of those lovely judge shows? The judges usually have all the same coke or pepsi plastic cup to hide their booze in.

I thought coke and pepsi wouldn't sponsor his show anymore. He's complained about them and mcdonalds for bowing down to religious idiots.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Streebs posted:

I think this is the winner right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcAgKopGjMk

That's the one. That dude can work wonders with a Little Lupe sound byte.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Eric's legs are literally like socks filled with cotton balls. I've never seen a leg do that.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

The highlight of my week was Monday's show when Artie asked Howard Eskin (philly sports radio douche icon) if he thought Andy Reid was able to wipe his rear end, and then Tony Siragusa going on for 10 minutes about how great bidets are.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

musclecoder posted:

Eric's legs are literally like socks filled with cotton balls. I've never seen a leg do that.

Ughh seeing Eric with his now grey hair, and his messed legs is actually making me feel bad for him.

Then again he probably developed his lovely self-entitled personality from people treating him extra special, so gently caress him :3:

ziglol fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Feb 3, 2012

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

I feel compelled to express my Artie love. He is quicker on his feet than ever as he whips out the most obscure pieces of info from Drew and Nick Lachey of 98 degrees to Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass.

He really is on another level now ranging from his disturbing Sandusky "play" this Wednesday to his hilarious A-Rod impression. (Did you see-ah the game-ah?)

If the Giants win it is going to be the best radio since Gary's pitch.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ziglol posted:

Ughh seeing Eric with his now grey hair, and his messed legs is actually making me feel bad for him.

Then again he probably developed his lovely self-entitled personality from people treating him extra special, so gently caress him :3:

It's just more of the manipulation that is Eric the Midget.

That said, why even put him in the chair? Keep him in his Dalek shell and hand the paper down to him.

Iceberg1
Nov 16, 2011
I don't think Eric is putting on Howard at all with all this stuff, I think he has serious mental illness....and that is why he is so amazing on the show.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Every time you want to be nice to Eric, he does something horrible again to make you remember why you hate him. He has a sad life, his condition is really bad and I'm sorry for anyone that has to deal with that, but other people have dealt with worse and didn't turn into horrible poo poo heads, so maybe he could try to be a better person and that would help him enjoy his life to the fullest.

But instead, he is a self centered poo poo head who takes everything he can get, is ignorant of the lengths people go to just to help him and is ungrateful. He is mentally fine, a bit dumb, but his problems are his own personality, not his disease or condition or whatever the hell is going on with him.

He has no desire to change, become better or understand his own actions. If he was 6 foot tall 180 pounds of beautiful man muscle, he might be different, but then again so would I, you can't go by what you don't have, only what you do have and he shits on anything he has.

Eric is a horrible person. Don't let his poof ball legs fool you.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

Every time you want to be nice to Eric, he does something horrible again to make you remember why you hate him. He has a sad life, his condition is really bad and I'm sorry for anyone that has to deal with that, but other people have dealt with worse and didn't turn into horrible poo poo heads, so maybe he could try to be a better person and that would help him enjoy his life to the fullest.

But instead, he is a self centered poo poo head who takes everything he can get, is ignorant of the lengths people go to just to help him and is ungrateful. He is mentally fine, a bit dumb, but his problems are his own personality, not his disease or condition or whatever the hell is going on with him.

He has no desire to change, become better or understand his own actions. If he was 6 foot tall 180 pounds of beautiful man muscle, he might be different, but then again so would I, you can't go by what you don't have, only what you do have and he shits on anything he has.

I want to grab him by the feet and swing him around my head in a flail like fashion.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
:gonk: There are yogis who can't sit like that. What a horrible monster.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

AxeManiac posted:

This post is basically poetry

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Millstone posted:

what grammar?

Howard Stern Show Megathread: 5 More years of complaining

=

Howard Stern Show Megathread: 5 More Years of Complaining

Or, lowercase everything except the proper nouns. Long as it is consistent!

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I had never noticed that and now I can't stop noticing it

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I had never noticed that and now I can't stop noticing it

Same here. I noticed it early on and haven't stopped since.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I suggest you read Dr. John Sarno's book.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
yeah, grammers all in you're head.

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

Kelly posted:

Oh, I figured you were talking about "5" not being spelled out. Might as well fix it all.

Within three.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It was a play on it being the 5th thread as well, wasn't it?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

You're the one that came up with the title!

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 4, 2012

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

It was a play on it being the 5th thread as well, wasn't it?

Well that would once again confirm the law that it is impossible to ever correct a typo or grammatical error without making an error yourself or somehow looking dumb in the process.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

AltronHGX posted:

You the one that came up with the title!

Yeah, but I couldn't recall if it was because it was actually the 5th thread or not. Also if I wrote it I probably would have capped everything because I consider thread titles as headlines.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pretty sure the 5 is for him renewing for another 5 years on his contract.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Kelly posted:

Howard Stern Show Megathread: 5 More years of complaining

=

Or, lowercase everything except the proper nouns. Long as it is consistent!

Stop emasculating us.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

AltronHGX posted:

Pretty sure the 5 is for him renewing for another 5 years on his contract.

Let me bobo this up for you:

The headline was a dual meaning, it was the 5th thread (I think), and he just announced his 5 year contract.

Howard Stern Show Megathread: 5 more years of complaining

Howard Stern Show Megathread 5: More years of complaining

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Here is a better question, does Eric wear baby shoes or what? Do they go on his feet or are they just tucked into his pants legs?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Also here is what I think is going on with Eric

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Friday Night Anatomy of the Ack Ack Midget seminar, and I have poo poo to do!! :argh:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Oh, I'm still at work, also I think all bones look like cartoon dog bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Bonzo posted:

Stop emasculating us.

I cackled like Robin at this.

AxeManiac posted:

Also here is what I think is going on with Eric

Then, I saw this and threw up.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: