Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lady of the Beech posted:

I love this song. It's so groovy. I'm still listening to it in another tab.

I am too. Dirk confirmed for second best theme (Showtime is still the best :3:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

Tollymain posted:

I am too. Dirk confirmed for second best theme (Showtime is still the best :3:)

I can't say which one is my favorite, actually. I love them all.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I hope this was just a taste of things to come. :allears:

Just so long as Jake doesn't become good at inventory rap battles. That could be dangerous.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Speaking of, I wonder what is that giant thing that's taking up most of the space in his inventory. What the heck does he have in there, a planet?

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

Speaking of, I wonder what is that giant thing that's taking up most of the space in his inventory. What the heck does he have in there, a planet?

It'll end up being one of those flowers with a timer on it, with Lord English (or something related to him) being in it.

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol

More importantly, what does it rhyme with?

I also have [S] RAP-OFF!!!!!!!!!! in a background tab.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The Green Sun, of course.

"Alright brobot, you've had your fun. Now it's time to step off, because here comes the Sun!"

This is how B2 Earth ends.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

Eggie posted:

According to my calculations, Squarewave just got "the served".

Like a robot on robot butler island.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Thundarr posted:

The Green Sun, of course.

"Alright brobot, you've had your fun. Now it's time to step off, because here comes the Sun!"

This is how B2 Earth ends.

Look for this panel on Dec. 21st

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I feel like reading too much into things that don't matter.

So there was the distinctive-in-hindsight spelling error quoted on this old page near the end of Act 1, from one of the unfinished walkthroughs Rose was consulting. The outlandish prediction is that Roxy will write it, which would be characteristic though I'm not sure of the precise mechanics that could lead to it being dated 2009. Note the authors of the walkthroughs in question.

What's the over/under on Roxy's leitmotif being named "Sanctuary"?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Those names are all real gamefaqs authors, though.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Have some music I finished up over the past few days.

Technically a song made for Goonstuck, I figured I had the same idea of "calm before the storm" that happened when John was just loving around in his house. Oh how naive we were :allears:

And this

By the title you can probably guess what it's about. Not sure if it's conveying what I want it to convey but oh well!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Sorry buddy but Anbroids is my forever song now.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Mazerunner posted:

Sorry buddy but Anbroids is my forever song now.

My nemesis, Canon Homestuck Music, strikes again! :arghfist::mad:

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Well... that was easy. :stare:

(update)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'll give Dirk this; he does not gently caress around.

JamJars
Aug 2, 2004

you cannot beat me
Probably one of the quickest character deaths we've ever had.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
It always amuses me how quickly HB dies all the time.

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

I AM THE POPE, DO AS I SAY.
Poor HB, always gettin his head handed to him like a chump.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
At least it wasn't DD. DD is the most suave motherfucker out of all the agents/Midnight Crew.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
My head is just full of puns and one-liners with regards to this update. Instead, I'll just say that HB needs to stop getting decapitated.

e:

Robo Pope posted:

Poor HB, always gettin his head handed to him like a chump.

drat you

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
And HB goes down like a chump

At least it wasn't DD. DD usually manages to get some poo poo done before he goes out. DD memorial avatar for life.

edit:

closeted republican posted:

At least it wasn't DD. DD is the most suave motherfucker out of all the agents/Midnight Crew.
:hfive:

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Have some music I finished up over the past few days.

Technically a song made for Goonstuck, I figured I had the same idea of "calm before the storm" that happened when John was just loving around in his house. Oh how naive we were :allears:

And this

By the title you can probably guess what it's about. Not sure if it's conveying what I want it to convey but oh well!

These are both really really good, especially the Goonstuck one. I would totally listen to that on loop while playing The Sims or something. It's very fitting and nice.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
That's the thing about the Hegemonic Brute, he is pretty much useless compared to The Dignitary and Noir. Also, I feel like there is some sort of comedic potential in the Prince of Heart beheading Hearts Boxcar (from another universe), but I can't for the life of me think of the way to phrase it.

Also, agreeing with the love for DD, dude's going to have some way of dealing with his target escaping to the Farthest Ring.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

karmicknight posted:

That's the thing about the Hegemonic Brute, he is pretty much useless compared to The Dignitary and Noir. Also, I feel like there is some sort of comedic potential in the Prince of Heart beheading Hearts Boxcar (from another universe), but I can't for the life of me think of the way to phrase it.

Also, agreeing with the love for DD, dude's going to have some way of dealing with his target escaping to the Farthest Ring.

I'd assume that under ordinary circumstances, HB would be entirely a useful member of the team, being the 'brawn' of the agents. The problem is that he keeps getting Worfed by extraordinary elements like Dad, PM, and Hussie's self-insert character.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Even so, DD hasn't even been given the dignit(ar)y of an onscreen death yet.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Walliard posted:

Even so, DD hasn't even been given the dignit(ar)y of an onscreen death yet.
Who cares about seeing the death as long as the person is dead? He's just saving everybody the time by not allowing something to be shown onscreen that is ultimately irrelevant. So efficient, that DD. Always with an eye on the clock.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was impressively quick. I was under the impression that Dersite agents were pretty drat powerful too; this scratched universe seems to have given the B2 kids quite the leg up on fighting ability. If most scratched-universe players tend to be this good at violence, I wonder if we'll see some troll-esque playstyle going on in their session before the B1 kids and the trolls show up.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Tollymain posted:

That was impressively quick. I was under the impression that Dersite agents were pretty drat powerful too; this scratched universe seems to have given the B2 kids quite the leg up on fighting ability. If most scratched-universe players tend to be this good at violence, I wonder if we'll see some troll-esque playstyle going on in their session before the B1 kids and the trolls show up.

One thing to keep in mind with the post-scratch kids is that they're several years older than their pre-scratch equivalents, and thus have several more years of experience that probably will do something to help augment their combat abilities. Of course, it only took the pre-scratch kids about a half a day to reach the level Dirk is presently at, so hey.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Dias posted:

poo poo's Genesis as gently caress, man, I love it.

Sega commissions the creation of adventure game Homestuck in order to more directly compete with Nintendo, hires an insane game designer to give them an edge, accidentally destroys Earth twice over an incalculably large number of times. But at least we got all these fat tunes before we all died! :buddy:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

karmicknight posted:

I feel like there is some sort of comedic potential in the Prince of Heart beheading Hearts Boxcar (from another universe), but I can't for the life of me think of the way to phrase it.

You could say they just had a...

Heart to heart.

(I'm so, so sorry)

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Feb 4, 2012

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Dominic White posted:

You could say they just had a...

Heart to heart.

(I'm so, so sorry)
Don't be.

As for DD, odds are he'd have to deal with Dirk before Roxy. He's probably at her tower right now while she's in a dream bubble. Good luck navigating that!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Snollygoster posted:

This song is so Toejam and Earl I can't even deal with it

here lies Snollygoster

couldn't deal

You're right, it totally reminds me of Toejam and Earl.

It's just so loving FUNKY.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Dirk is just serving everyone right now. I belive you'll find as servers go, he's simply the best there is.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Tollymain posted:

I think the Dersites are powerful, I mean Hearts Boxcars was the Midnight Crew's safecracker, because he used to just rip off the safe doors with his bare hands. And Dave was at the top of his Echeladder when he actually managed to kill DD. I think Dirk simply is, and always has been, a severe badass

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'm still leerily waiting for Dirk's Achilles' Heel. These displays of strength and competence are cool and all, and most of the kids and trolls seemed similarly capable when they were first introduced, but sooner or later we'll find the unresolved romantic dilemma or deeply-seated psychological barrier that'll risk the success of the whole team.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Agreeing with the "Anbroids is Mega Drive as gently caress" sentiment.

Speaking of Mega Drive music and people called D. Strider, trying to put some stuff together for the music competition. Here's a second version of a Beatdown remix I did a while back based off Terezi's Kid Chameleon drawing, redone to give the bassline more of a "traditional Mega Drive bass" feel. Thoughts?

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 4, 2012

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Paul.Power posted:

Thoughts?

I keep trying to press start and nothing's happening, what gives?

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Pre-scratch, Dirk was badass enough to go toe to toe with Jack Noir and be evenly matched when he was tier 3 prototyped. He was even so good at fighting that jack sought him out in order to battle him. It's no surprise that post scratch he can oneshot HB before even playing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Paul.Power posted:

Thoughts?

I think I like this more than beatdown. :shobon: