Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Mocha Frost posted:

Henry and Stella. Came home last weekend. Currently either sleeping on the radiator cover or wrestling with my socks. Took my wife years to talk me into getting kittens. Now I've got the biggest crush on them.

Those are some adorable kittens. Don't worry, they'll still impact your productivity when they get older...

I'd stop trying to do my work on the couch, but where's the fun in that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Robo Olga posted:

Your dogs are gorgeous, please forgive a dumb question but are they from the US? People here look at me like I'm crazy when I say my mom had dark orange golden retrievers growing up since apparently they are only supposed to be light yellow or something. I'm wondering if there's a difference between US and Canadian ones.

Red Golden Retrievers are more common in working/field lines. You'll see loads more of them out retrieving ducks than you'll see in the show ring. There are also white Goldens, but I'm pretty sure they've been designed almost purely for the pet trade.

Dogs love snow. And photograph relatively well in it.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Please forgive my earlier indiscretion.

Here is a new picture of Eevee;

Duckie
Sep 12, 2010

This is sewious!

belindashort posted:

This is Rupert

I have a kitty named Rupert as well!:hfive:

He does not have a tail:

And has the cutest belly!:3:

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Robo Olga posted:

Your dogs are gorgeous, please forgive a dumb question but are they from the US? People here look at me like I'm crazy when I say my mom had dark orange golden retrievers growing up since apparently they are only supposed to be light yellow or something. I'm wondering if there's a difference between US and Canadian ones.
They are from the US. We live in Reno, NV. We got them from a breeder who has been the neighbor of my wife's parents for many, many years. The mom was lighter but the dad was even darker than our two monsters.

Content: can't wait for summer to do this again

Wojtek fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 27, 2012

Dogeatdog
Jun 17, 2005
I have a 2 year old Labradoodle named Getty. I've had him since the day he was born.
My girlfriend's mom breed Labradoodles one litter at a time and he was the only one not pick after the other puppies were gone. My girlfriend and me fell in love with him instantly and have no idea why he wasn't picked first. He's our dog of destiny.

First time outside

Momma chasing him around the house

First time to the beach. He was very confused by the ocean

Got pretty tired, but we made sure he had a blanket

He's a really good boy, but sometimes...(no discs were destroyed)

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
This is August, his balls are sore but at least he has a good home now:

If you happen to know what mixed breed he is that would be very helpful. The SPCA thought he was a Dachshund mix but I don't know so much if they were right.

Dotcom Jillionaire fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 29, 2012

if wishes were knishes
Mar 5, 2006

Hi I'm Buddy-dot-gif
Here's Ozzie, chilling after a hard day of being awesome. Seriously, he hangs out like this.

IMG_0565.jpg by SlipFish, on Flickr

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Meet Captain Mewmers.

Pardon the dirty floor. Between her and the toilet exploding and subsequent replacement it's been a hectic day.

Neighborhood stray that's been living on my patio for the past 6-8 months. Super sweet and mellow but was getting pretty thrashed by all the stray tom cats in the area. Finally had a few extra bucks to get her checked out and the vet gave her a clean bill of health today. She's already fixed, appears to be about 3-5 years old, and gets her next dose of boosters in a few weeks. Her teeth are a bit worn down so I had initial estimated she was older but the vet thinks otherwise and they shouldn't be too much of an issue now she's indoor only and on a better diet. I didn't really want to take yet another cat (black long hair named Rando and a short hair tortie named Leeloo) but welp, here we are.

She's quite a talker and her chest hair is ridiculously long/adorable. :3:

The Oncoming Storm
Jan 21, 2012

Disregard fangirls, acquire yellow tree fruit.
So, here's my Evil Green Chicken:

7 years old, loves to yammer and get skritches. He preens my hand sometimes and says "Aww" like a fussy green grandma. And he loves to end the night with a song - either "Twinkle Twinkle" or "Still Alive." (No, he doesn't sing that one yet - but he dances and chirps along while I sing.)

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Abe cat at five and a half months

Abe cat at nine and a half months:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

sXe.spengler posted:

Abe cat at nine and a half months:

Here are Lola and Layla on that same comforter

Sleepy time by jg zkc, on Flickr

I have to de-fur it on pretty much a daily basis.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Your clothes hamper on the left side there looks like it's doing the :3: face at the cats.

Here's Balloo AKA Old Grey, Grumpybutt, Bitefang

This is a little blurry, but it perfectly encapsulates his demeanor

Here he is posing and being handsome

And two catlump pictures. Sunning himself on my desk, and in his favorite catnip box.

I love the big grey jerk.

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib

a life less posted:

I'm usually not a huge fan of the tri-color but Cohen is really gorgeous.

Anyways, I don't have a camera but the doggy day care I've started Maggie in does!

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
We really need some kind of box to put under the mail slot on our apartment door...

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
Our new adoptee, assuming the rescue doesn't decide we're miscreants or anything:

Smuggest dawg ever. :smug: He's some kind of shepherd mix, any idea what else is in there? He has floppy lab-type ears and a fluffy black tail although those don't show up in the picture. He's smaller and less massive than either a shepherd or a lab and with that coloring we're kind of at a loss. Sweetest dog, wants nothing more than to be petted and snuggle. His ears and head shape show a little better here:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

This is a picture of my sister's dog, Joey. He was not mine technically but I loved him like he was mine. He was a bullmastiff mix of some sort.

Joey was a Katrina rescue dog. He was abandoned by his owner and left to fend for himself in a crate during the flood. When he was found he had been treading water for about three days. As a result of this he had major surgery to repair his hind quarters. My sister fell in love with and adopted him in 2006. Despite being a tough son of a bitch and looking like a nightmare walking he was the sweetest dog. He was put to sleep today after a long and happy life being cared for, and caring for, my sister. I was with him at the end and can tell you that he felt no pain and was being petted and reminded that he was, indeed, a very good boy. I am tired of crying.

I have two dogs, both alive and well.

This is Pullo. I've posted him in this thread but that was months ago. He is a bullmastiff (loving dog has loving papers) and is currently 10 months old.

Here is Pullo's alpha, Flora. She is a five pound chihuahua and chases Pullo's 110 pound frame all over the house when he gets too close to her humans.

She's kind of a bitch to most people but is very affectionate and sweet towards her humans.

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 5, 2012

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...
My dog Gladstone loves vegging in the sunny spots.

But when squirrels or mailmen are spotted, his sixth sense kicks in and rouses him in a heartbeat.

He's very bright, but has some anxiety issues that the behaviorist at the vet clinic is helping me with. Sometimes, especially when he wants to go out five minutes after coming back in -- and then again in five MORE minutes, he drives me crazy. But...

Gladstone knows he has me completely suckered.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Andohz posted:

We really need some kind of box to put under the mail slot on our apartment door...

Such a guilty face too!

I've posted this elsewhere, but here is Ushi reading his valentine:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

My buddy, Riley

Hes an apricot skunk and its hard as hell to get a good picture of him. Despite his fatness he never stops moving, ever. Hes the most not-skunk skunk I've ever had when it comes to that.

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
Guess who turned one year old?

I believe the last time I posted in this thread, she looked something like this:

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
Fun Shoe
Emma is a kitty. :3:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

GIGANTIC picture of my mom's cat, Shadow

She's a runt, she's old as dirt, she has 0 teeth, and is the most docile, softest cat ever. :3:

Lizzzk
Jun 7, 2011

Funny face by Doxieone, on Flickr

This is Honey, a longhaired doxie, as a puppy wearing a giraffe outfit. She's now 5 years old, and still on occasion will have a funny-eyed thingy going on, kinda Marty Feldman-ish.

Riiseli
Apr 10, 2011
I'm not a BYB because I live in an apartment.
Healy, imo pregnancy suits her

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Samantha Cat taking over the couch with her blanket and pillow.

She won't let me nap on the couch. It's HER couch.

Bogwoppit
Feb 9, 2012

"Dirty little bin-goblin."
Witchkin about 6 months ago. On my sofa. Staring at a biscuit in my left hand.

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
:unsmith:
My roommates cat, Asia. She was a barn kitty but is now a lazy house cat. She is a gorgeous girl. Loves to be petted and doesn't seem to mind Riley, my chihuahua. I love her little white paws :3:

I plan on finding her a kitty tower so she can keep an eye on the neighborhood.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

My little soldier, Peanut. I had to put him to sleep today because of a urinary tract blockage combined with a lack of cash to pay a looming $5000 vet bill which might or might not have saved him. In short, I hosed up royally and I'm tearing myself up over it.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Here are our cats, the McKitters clan. From left to right; Misses, Scout, and Cappy.

Enjoying a can of tuna. Pavlov would be quite proud, if they hear the can opener being taken out of the drawer, they come running. How the can opener being taken out of the drawer sounds different from any other utensil, I have no idea.

Here's Scout, who we also call Little Boy and Buptons, is our youngest. My sister rescued him from under a bridge and fostered him for about 8 weeks. He is most peculiar of the bunch and sometimes you can tell he lived for several months of his life outdoors. He'll beg incessantly to be let out onto the patio, but he'll only stay out there for a few minutes before running back in to get warm on my fiancee's lap.

This is Captain McKitters, who we call Cappy for short; so named because he looks like a one-eyed pirate. He was found in a bag in a garbage dumpster and lost his eye due to a severe respiratory infection. He was in pretty rough shape when we adopted him, for a while I didn't know if he'd survive as he also had a pretty bad staphylococcus infection that resulted in several scabby, hairless spots that took months to go away. He has slept in our bed with us since the first night we had him.

This is Misses, our only girl. We adopted her from the same rescue we got Cappy from. We decided to look for a second cat since Cappy was started to get depressed from being by himself during the day when we were at school. She's, by far, the smartest of the bunch and often gets into things that she ought not to. She follows me around like a shadow and is quite clearly a daddy's girl.

Perstephanie
Feb 11, 2012
Here we've got Tracy and Xerxes. The black one is Tracy, the orange is Xerxes. They never lived together before my roommate and I moved in with each other, but they act like brothers. It's pretty drat cute, they bathe each other. Tracy's about four and Xerxes will probably be...a year and a half by now?

Now this guy is Patel. I've also got a ferret named Dorian, buut...well...I actually don't have any pictures of him. The white ferret you can see behind Patel is the late great Cocaine.

The most expensive pet I will ever buy, my conure Phobos. It's a pretty crappy picture, but my camera broke so it's back to webcam quality now.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

olylifter posted:

My little soldier, Peanut. I had to put him to sleep today because of a urinary tract blockage combined with a lack of cash to pay a looming $5000 vet bill which might or might not have saved him. In short, I hosed up royally and I'm tearing myself up over it.
Please don't beat yourself up over it. I'm sorry you didn't have the means, but look at the last picture you posted. See how content he looks? You made him happy, fed him, played with him, gave him lots of love and warmth. We're pet owners, and the years we invest with our pets are always worth looking back on with peace of mind when we lose them. :sympathy: :shobon:

My (parents') Lucky dog, posted in the Mutts thread, but not here I think.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

olylifter posted:

Try not to beat yourself up over it :sympathy: after all, Peanut and Fry are having the times of their lives up in kitty heaven together.

I think Fry's grave stone says it best: Shine on you crazy diamond.

eldritchMortician
Feb 11, 2012

Only the foolish believe suffering is wages for being different.

This is my oldest cat, Rika. She's sweet...with people, anyhow. She hates other cats and lives with four of them...

greatapoc
Apr 4, 2005
This is Fry aka Little Kitty at 4 weeks:

P1030618 by greatapoc, on Flickr

P1030630 by greatapoc, on Flickr

Here she is now about 14 months later:

388758_10150464718936507_602761506_9034092_1108230014_n by greatapoc, on Flickr

_DSC0412 by greatapoc, on Flickr

_DSC0030 by greatapoc, on Flickr

This is Jude aka Big Boy. He's about 4 years old:

_DSC0109 by greatapoc, on Flickr

_DSC0129 by greatapoc, on Flickr

_DSC0399 by greatapoc, on Flickr

DSC_0529 by greatapoc, on Flickr

Mighty Amoeba
Jul 10, 2006

I am the mightiest of them all!

I don't know if this comes across but she totally had the attitude of gently caress YEAH I'M LAYING IN THE SUN

Seriously, guys? That's way too cute.

OH COME ON

eldritchMortician
Feb 11, 2012

More pics of my cats...

This is Roswell (he's gray :D ) and Wednesday. They adore one another, and cuddle and groom each other constantly.

You may notice Roswell has a crumpled ear. He apparently had ear mites, and scratched until he broke a blood vessel in his ear, which swelled up and required surgery to correct. He lived in Cone of Shame for two weeks, and came out of it with an ear full of scar tissue. It doesn't seem to bother him, it just makes him look cute.

Rika likes to sit on my lap when my group is gaming, and occasionally she'll tolerate me stacking dice on her head.

I'll post my boyfriend's cat in the next message :3

m0rrin
Dec 30, 2006

eldritchMortician posted:

This is my oldest cat, Rika. She's sweet...with people, anyhow. She hates other cats and lives with four of them...

She reminds me of

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
This is my cat Chompy I think she is a Norwegian forest cat.

She always sits like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eldritchMortician
Feb 11, 2012

As promised, this is my boyfriend's cat, Hypatia

She has a bald belly due to having anxiety problems as a kitten; she pulled all her fur out on her belly and it never quite grew back.

And a more typical picture; Hya being a psychotic evil kitty.

And done, I think.
*re-lurks*

• Locked thread