Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I imagine his Achilles heel, if anything, is going to be relationship-based. That or he's going to allow himself to be suffocated to death by an avalanche of puppet-rear end-prototyped enemies and die with a smile on his face like Equius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Cabbit posted:

I imagine his Achilles heel, if anything, is going to be relationship-based.
Seems likely. It could be a straightforward "not a homosexual" callback from Jake. Or, given Dirk seems to set some store by the "client/server = one-way pass to makeout city" theory, it's possible that Roxy will connect to him before Jake can, deliberately keeping them apart.

Tinaun posted:

I think I like this more than beatdown. :shobon:
High praise indeed :). I'm trying to make a v2.1 that rebalances the volume levels a little, but for some reason FL Studio doesn't want to export at the moment. Guess I'll try again tomorrow. A couple of notes: it's a bit slower than the original, and a semitone lower, chiefly because I'm a scrub who works in A minor or C major whenever he can. Happily I think these thing gives the piece a more menacing air.

Renaissance Robot posted:

I keep trying to press start and nothing's happening, what gives?
Yeah, I get that sometimes with Tindeck too, dunno why :(. Try downloading it maybe?

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Paul.Power posted:

Thoughts?

New song to play over some old school Nintendo games! Thanks for this. :)

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Paul.Power posted:

High praise indeed :). I'm trying to make a v2.1 that rebalances the volume levels a little, but for some reason FL Studio doesn't want to export at the moment. Guess I'll try again tomorrow. A couple of notes: it's a bit slower than the original, and a semitone lower, chiefly because I'm a scrub who works in A minor or C major whenever he can. Happily I think these thing gives the piece a more menacing air.

You should submit this if you hadn't already. My favorite part has to be that middle section with the second melody, love all the sounds you used.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

tinaun posted:

You should submit this if you hadn't already. My favorite part has to be that middle section with the second melody, love all the sounds you used.
Fair enough then, submitted it along with that TBoSRE remix I posted a while back. I'm working on an original piece too, but I haven't got much done on that yet (and may not get it finished) so may as well send those two off before I forget.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

Paul.Power posted:

Thoughts?

That's... Yes. I think that is pretty drat good, actually!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Dominic White posted:

You could say they just had a...
Heart to heart.
(I'm so, so sorry)

When they met, it was murder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSn9xPnjLps

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Paul.Power posted:

Yeah, I get that sometimes with Tindeck too, dunno why :(. Try downloading it maybe?

I actually meant this kind of start button. What I am saying here is that this a pretty rad and authentic sounding tune to the degree that I am kind of sad there is no actual game for me to play that it is part of, and that I like it a lot. :goleft:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Hah, of course the blood on Dirk's hands is HB's.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The question is, where is DD? :ohdear:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Nate RFB posted:

The question is, where is DD? :ohdear:

Seems like he just missed Roxy.

Or she vomited on him in her sleep so he went away to change suits. The DD is one classy fella.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Kinda interesting that Dirk stared at his bloody hands for ten minutes there, considering Dave pulling that move after hucking his beta-corpse out a window is now widely interpreted as being a crack in his facade of cool, in-control-ness. Considering his reactions until this point were more along "Hm, I shall have to accelerate my schedule" lines, any hint of emotive depth is a good sign.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I got linked by a friend to this entry to the music contest. I have to say it's about twenty times better than the thing that was on that Ancestors album.

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop

Tollymain posted:

So I got linked by a friend to this entry to the music contest. I have to say it's about twenty times better than the thing that was on that Ancestors album.

Holy poo poo this owns. It feels like some kind of dance mix Chrono Trigger song where you're in the undersea base.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tollymain posted:

Not only do I hope this gets picked, but I also hope it finds its way into a flash update where Crocker is revealed (Hussie did say he would try to use at least one song in a flash).

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Nate RFB posted:

Not only do I hope this gets picked, but I also hope it finds its way into a flash update where Crocker is revealed (Hussie did say he would try to use at least one song in a flash).

Yes, this so much. It's a great song and deserves a spot on the album at least (I say this as a guy who's barely listened to a half dozen other entries).

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
This is like back when I first heard EidolonOrpheus's "Land of Quartz and Melody" track and thought he should be on the music team, and, welp

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Tollymain posted:

This would make the greatest final boss theme -- I can already picture the strife page for it. The artist's other stuff isn't half bad, either.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tollymain posted:

This loving rules
All the music coming out of homestuck lately has made me feel nostalgic for Sonic of all things, they all have that sort of sonic-y music beat.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Tollymain posted:

loving perfect.

Commutator
Jul 17, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Wow. It's absolutely appropriate for the Condesce, and so catchy to boot... I guess we can expect good things from this album.

Commutator fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 5, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I had to write an essay in English.

I was bored.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I was bored.

Did you turn that in as is?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

pandaK posted:

Did you turn that in as is?

I was tempted to, but alas, I did not. My teacher probably would've gotten a kick out of it, but oh well.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I was bored.

What the gently caress, are you still using windows 98? What the gently caress is wrong with you? :tizzy:

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

President Ark posted:

What the gently caress, are you still using windows 98? What the gently caress is wrong with you? :tizzy:

Chill, that looks like Vista with the Windows Classic theme/Aero disabled.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I'm more curious about the revelation that someone actually made a pesterchum application. Is it just a skin for a normal messaging program or is it something new?

rlauthe
Jun 3, 2011
It's an actual messaging program.

http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?43922-PESTERCHUM-3.41-Updated-Pesterchum!-New-Thread

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

Talorat posted:

I'm more curious about the revelation that someone actually made a pesterchum application. Is it just a skin for a normal messaging program or is it something new?

It's its own program but it's actually just an IRC client that's set on specific "Pesterchum" servers and has certain other things to make it Homestuck related, like you can only set your name to adjectiveNoun and the chats are all formatted with two letter names.

There's a few different versions. Some of them have built in Typing Quirks so you can set it to make things alternating caps for you.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

I made a theme for DD, despite me already submitting my stuff to the contest.

When I exported it as an mp3 it got compressed a bit so the bass sounds a bit off. Oh well.

Cold. Calculated. All business.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tollymain posted:

Everybody else already said everything that needs to be said about how great this song is, but what I like most after all of that is how meaty it is; really wish more songs would fall in that 4-5 minute range where they actually use all of it up and progress throughout it (stuff that repeats a bunch of times can get out though).

I appreciate some musicians not wanting to fall into the latter category, but sometimes I feel like this causes them to try a little too hard for brevity. Then again, some songs just don't live that long on their own, and it would suck to end up accidentally making something that felt too long rather than too short, so I guess all I'm saying here is how much I like prog. music :v:

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I made a theme for DD, despite me already submitting my stuff to the contest.

When I exported it as an mp3 it got compressed a bit so the bass sounds a bit off. Oh well.

Cold. Calculated. All business.

This is pretty great, not going to lie. It's pretty smooth, without being overly generically jazzy. Or something, I'm not good at describing music.

Tollymain posted:

This is cool as well! The thread is getting the cool tunes, I hope Hussie takes note.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Midnight Raider posted:

This is pretty great, not going to lie. It's pretty smooth, without being overly generically jazzy. Or something, I'm not good at describing music.

It's actually my first time using triplets at all, so I didn't want to over-do the jazz and make it feel forced.

Glad you like it!

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
I couldn't help but snicker when I saw this ad on the current page.

e: vvvvvvvvvv Rehosted; forgot there are rules for these things half the time.

TOAST7312 fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 6, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

TOAST7312 posted:

I couldn't help but snicker when I saw this ad on the current page.

I would recommend rehosting that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Three guesses which character this made me think of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iRTB-FTMdk

:VVVVVV I ONLY WATCHED IT FOR IRONIC PURPOSES :byodood: oh who the hell am I kidding

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Feb 6, 2012

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Tollymain posted:

Three guesses which character this made me think of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iRTB-FTMdk

Tavros, because that's supremely awful on all levels

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Tollymain posted:

XD Made me spit soda all over my keyboard, thanks for the laugh goon-sir! :neckbeard: :hfive: Thanks for waking my parents up btw

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
If these are what Dirk-Autoresponder conversations are like, I cannot wait until they meet Dave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Yes, that is what I imagine a conversation between yourself and your-almost-self, both of which love irony, would sound like.

The ironimeter is off the charts.